• Published 23rd Nov 2016
  • 2,938 Views, 84 Comments

My Mother - MailleMaker



A sad/happy story of how Scootaloo finds her mom.

  • ...
6
 84
 2,938

The Arrival of Skeeter

"Skeeter?" asked Scootaloo hesitantly.

"Yep, his name is Skeeter and his 'WELCOME TO PONYVILLE PARTY' is in...'' and looking at her wrist where a watch SHOULD be, Pinkie Pie continued, "in about an hour and a half." And with her declaration, Pinkie bounced away, presumedly to tell everypony else about the party. She quickly stopped short as if remembering something and yelled over her shoulder, "Don't forget to tell Rainbow Dash!!!"

Well, I guess I'll get to meet this Skeeter guy in real life. Then remembering that when she had met him, just in the past, Scootaloo spent the rest of her walk to Rainbow Dash's house wondering if he would know who she was because she met him in the past or if the dream aspect of the whole ordeal meant that only she remembered the encounter.

Thwonk, "Ow, that hurt," said Scootaloo out loud as she looked at the offending tree that she had just walked in to.

"Are you okay?" asked a soft voice behind her.

Turning around, Scootaloo saw that Fluttershy was walking up to her. "Yeah, I think so. I just ran into a tree." Then, realizing what she had said sounded pretty dumb, she continued, "I mean, I was thinking about something and I wasn't paying attention to where I was going."

"I'm glad you're okay. I was on my way home and saw you run into a tree," said Fluttershy, looking relieved that Scootaloo was okay. (Her initial concern coming from the fact that Scootaloo had just gotten out of a come the previous day.)

"I was actually on my way to Rainbow Dash's to invite her to a 'Welcome to Ponyville' party at Sugarcube Corner," explained Scootaloo. "Pinkie told me to invite her since Skeeter, the guy the party's for, said he knew her."

"Skeeter? Skeeter is here in Ponyville?" asked Fluttershy, looking rather worried.

Is there something wrong with Skeeter? Scootaloo thought to herself, but answered differently than her original thought. "That's what Pinkie told me."

"Oh, okay,'' Fluttershy responded. Then, looking at Scootaloo curiously, asked, "How do you plan to get to Rainbow Dash's cloud home if you can't, um, you know, uh..."

"It's okay, I know I can't fly. But now that you mention it, I'm not sure how I'll get up there," Scootaloo said with a frown.

"Um, I'll fly you up there if you want," offered Fluttershy.

"That would be great!" yelled Scootaloo, causing Fluttershy to jump.

As the two walked towards Rainbow Dash's home, Pinkie Pie, being her usual self, was interrogating asking Skeeter about his life.

"Sooo, where did you come from?" asked Pinkie Pie as she bounced around making cupcakes and decorating for the party.

"Well, I used to live in Cloudsdale before I moved to Canterlot," Skeeter said with a sigh.

"Ooo, you sighed. Why?" asked Pinkie, oblivious to her own nosiness.

"Well, I uh, had some issues with one of my friends. But I'm here to make amends for what happened. You did say that Rainbow Dash was coming?" he asked, randomly changing the subject.

"Yep, so are Scootaloo and Rarity and Applejack and Twilight and Spike and Starlight and Applebloom and..." the earful that Skeeter got was more than enough to fill an entire book. Meanwhile, Fluttershy had flown Scootaloo up to Rainbow Dash's house and was saying her goodbye.

"I guess I'll see you at the party in a little while," said Fluttershy.

"Okay, see you later," agreed Scootaloo.

"Rainbow Dash, you in here," she yelled after letting herself into the house.

"In the kitchen Squirt,'' yelled Rainbow Dash back.

Scootaloo quickly trotted into the kitchen to see Rainbow Dash, who looked more awake then earlier, drinking a mug of coffee.

"Are feeling better?" asked Rainbow Dash, still concerned for Scootaloo's well being.

"Yeah, I feel way better than I did yesterday. Anyway, Pinkie Pie told me to tell you that you're invited to a 'Welcome to Ponyville' for a pony named Skeeter."

Up until Scootaloo had said Skeeter, Rainbow Dash hadn't been paying much attention, but once she heard the name Skeeter, she went as white as a sheet.

"Uh, Scoots, did you just say Skeeter?" asked Rainbow Dash shakily.

Scootaloo, noticing Dash's pale face for the first time, just nodded.

"This can not go well. At all,'' said Dash, more to herself than Scootaloo.

"What can't go well?" Scootaloo asked, puzzled by seemingly everyponies worry about this pony Skeeter.

"Skeeter's party, that's what," answered Rainbow Dash.

"Why not? If he's a new pony, there should be nothing to worry about. Right?"

"Well, Squirt, Skeeter and I go waaay back, back to when I was in flight school. Things went sour my freshman year his senior year, we haven't really talked since. If he's here, the only reason would be to see me so we can 'talk'. The last time we tried to talk, nothing good came from it," explained Rainbow Dash. "But if I've been asked by him to a party being thrown by Pinkie Pie, I can't refuse. More for Pinkie's sake than his. Well, we better get going if we're going to be there on time. Feel like a ride?"

"A ride from my favorite Wonderbolt! How can I refuse!" screeched Scootaloo, hopping on Rainbow Dash's back before they dashed out the front door and began making there way to Sugarcube Corner.

Once they arrived and Scootaloo had hopped off her back, Dash began pacing nervously in front of the door.

"I'm sure it will be okay. If he's here to apologize, nothing can go wrong, right?" said Scootaloo, trying to comfort Rainbow Dash.

"Yeah, you're right Squirt, what could go wrong?"

As soon as the duo entered, Pinkie Pie was immediately at their side and running her mouth.

"Rainbow Dash! there's a new pony in town and he says he knows you and his name is Skeeter hey he kind of looks like Scootaloo if his mane wasn't grey are you going to go say hi?" said Pinkie Pie, never pausing for a breather in between all of her words while leading Rainbow Dash over towards Skeeter.

'Well, here he is. Where'd Scootaloo go? I'll go find her," Pinkie said, immediately bouncing off to find the little orange filly.

"Dash, it's soo good to see you. How long has it been?" asked Skeeter casually.

"Ten years," hissed Rainbow Dash. "Ten years."

Author's Note:

Haha! I updated the day after! Score for me.

Anyway, for all of ya'll that are wondering why Skeeter's mane is now gray...you'll just have to wait until the next chapter to find out. Enjoy the cliffhanger!