• Published 21st Nov 2016
  • 540 Views, 2 Comments

Derpy wants a Hippopotamus for Christmas - Pink_Sugar1314



Derpy figures out what she wants for Hearth's Warming Eve

  • ...
1
 2
 540

A Hippopotamus!

A Hippopotamus!

Derpy was beside herself. Hearth's Warming Eve was coming and everypony who knew Derpy kept asking her what she wanted. When they asked she never knew.

"What would you like for Hearth's Warming Eve?" Asked Doctor Whooves that morning.

"For the billionth time, I don't know!" Derpy answered. Her brow furrowed with frustration.

"When will you know?" He questioned. Hearth's Warming Eve was only a couple of weeks away. If she didn't figure out what she wanted soon, she might not get any presents at all.

"I will think about it while I am at work." She smiled. "Bye! See you after work." She said and gave Time Turner a peck on the cheek. He waved as she walked into the post office. Once she walked through the door she tripped over three packages and landed on the floor.

"Oh goodness! Derpy are you alright?" Asked Mrs. Cake as she helped Derpy up. "I am so sorry dear. I dropped those a moment before you walked in. I was wondering if you would hide them here. Pinkie showed the twins how to look for their Hearth's Warming Eve presents before Hearth's Warming Eve. I just need to hid them here until Hearth's Warming Eve." Mrs. Cake continued after Derpy got up.

"Sure I will hide them under the counter." Derpy picked the presents up one-by-one and set them behind the counter.

"Thank you, I will make sure to send you treats from the bakery for this." Mrs. Cake said before trotting off and out the door. The next person in line was Fluttershy. She had Angel Bunny on her back and was smiling.

"Hello Derpy, did a package come for me?" Fluttershy asked quietly. Derpy checked her box and there was a package.

"Here you go!" Derpy sang as she handed her the box.

"Thanks Derpy, also what would you like for Hearth's Warming Eve?" The pale yellow Pegasus asked. Derpy couldn't help herself and yelled.

"I DON'T KNOW!" Before Derpy could apologize Fluttershy ran from the post office. "Ugh." She sighed face planting onto the counter.

???

After two more hours Derpy had her lunch break and went to Sugarcube Corner for lunch. She walked in and was greeted by Pinkie Pie.

"HI DERPY! What would you like for lunch?"

"Hi Pinkie. I would like a hay burger please."

"Okie dokie loki, I will have that out in a jiffy. Sit down where ever you want!" Said the party pony as she hopped away. Derpy sat in a booth in the corner and looked out the window. She saw the CMC playing in the snow. It must be fun being young and knowing what you want for Hearth's Warming Eve. Derpy was startled by Pinkie as she bounced over with the tray on her back.

"I didn't know what you wanted to drink so I made a chocolate milkshake. Here's your hay burger and fries. Also before I forget, What do you want for Hearth's Warming Eve?" Pinkie chatted. She had asked Derpy what she wanted. That was the thirteenth time somepony asked her that question that day. Derpy became so angry a word spat out of her mouth.

"A HIPPOPOTAMUS!" Derpy screamed catching the attention of everypony in the room.

"A Hippopotamus? That's a new answer! Okay a Hippopotamus for you." Pinkie said quickly as she pulled out a note pad and scribbled on it. She tapped the tray. "On the house." Pinkie bounced off before Derpy could clarify what she had said. She finished her burger, fries, and milkshake quickly puzzled with the question. Will Pinkie really get her a hippopotamus?

???

Derpy spent the next weeks wondering if Pinkie would get her a hippopotamus. She found herself humming the classic song on and off all the time and it was driving her crazy. Finally it was Hearth's Warming Eve and she was at her house with Time Turner.

"So what did you get me?" Asked Time Turner right before he opened his present. She stuck her nose in the air to show she was going to be stubborn. He sighed and opened the box. It was a blue phonebooth pencil holder and sharpener and if you touched the top it spun and made noises. "Aww, thanks Derpy! Now your turn." Suddenly right before she picked up her present, the doorbell rang.

"Who could that be?" She stood and trotted over to the door. She opened it and a giant box was in her doorway. She hauled it in with the help of Time Turner and she read the tag.

To: Derpy Hooves. From: Pinkie Pie

She ripped off the wrapping paper and the box said FRAGILE.

"Must be Italian." She commented and she opened the box. In the box was another box, and in that box was another box. Then in that box was another box and in that box was another box. Then in that box was another box. It when on fifteen more times until Derpy was left with a small box and a living room full of boxes. She opened the final box and in that one was a small stuffed purple Hippopotamus.

"Oh Pinkie!" She laughed squeezing the hippopotamus.

"You still haven't opened mine." Said Time Turner. He handed her the box and she opened it. Inside was a necklace with a muffin pendant.

"Time, that is so sweet of you!" She gushed.

"Please don't eat it." He laughed. She pressed her lips against his and they kissed, then they hugged. This was the best Hearth's Warming Eve ever and she would never forget it.

Author's Note:

Yes I ship Derpy×Doctor.
And comment I'd you catch ever reference.
Thanks for reading and have a Merry Christmas.-Pink_Sugar1314

Comments ( 2 )

So lovely! I like it ALOT!

No word of a lie, I thought somehow Pinkie was going to get a real hippopotamus but there was a pleasant twist at the end

Login or register to comment