• Published 20th Nov 2016
  • 5,559 Views, 264 Comments

You Can Count On Me - Ekhidna



Ember, Lord of all Dragons, has been presented with a problem that has forced her to seek the help of her best and closest friend.

  • ...
11
 264
 5,559

Epilogue

Epilogue

Eight months had passed since the Tournament of Bonding had ended, and unlike Spike had expected, the Elders had remained quiet and in the end accepted the events that unfolded during said tournament. And now Ember had all the time she wanted to focus on being the Dragon Lord.

He would give her time to adapt to her newfound freedom before asking her himself out on a date.

Spike let out a satisfied sigh as he finished the last round of his daily exercises. True to his word, he spent most of his free days improving and practicing his fighting abilities and was making considerable progress. Also, true to his word, he bought Pinkie Pie the biggest, most delicious, most expensive cake his bits could buy. His stash of gems was cut in half in one fell swoop. Of course, being Pinkie Pie, she baked the mountain of deliciousness herself and invited all of Ponyville to enjoy it with her.

He was about to leave the training room inside the Castle of Friendship when Twilight entered the room.

“Hey, Twi, done already with that new spell?” Spike asked while he popped the joints of his back.

“Almost, I still have a few details to go over it. I just came to tell you that there were a couple of dragons searching for you around town, it seems,” Twilight said letting Spike walk past her.

“A couple of dragons looking for me?” Spike asked while they both walked through the ample hallways side by side. “Do you know who they are or why they’re looking for me?”

Twilight giggled. “I think you better go see for yourself, Spike. They’re waiting outside the castle gates,” Twilight pushed Spike with her hands at his questioning look. “Don’t give me that look, mister, cause I ain’t budging! Now, go, go, go, go!” She said pushing him a few more times before she teleported away.

Spike chuckled but did as told. After a minute or so, Spike made it to the entrance gates of the castle and opened them. Upon seeing the pair of dragons at the base of the stairs he grinned widely. He then jumped down the stairs landed in front of the two dragons.

“Sluriasma? Zhaitan? What are you doing here?” Spike asked as Sluriasma leaned to kiss his cheek and Zhaitan shook his hand. “I mean, I’m glad to see you again and that you’re here, but why are you here?”

“Nice seeing you again too, Spike. I came to visit my uncle. He lives in the forest over there if I’m right,” Sluriasma said pointing to the Everfree Forest. “I stumbled into handsome over here a few months ago during my travel.”

“Salutations, Spike,” Zhaitan said with a gentle smile. “I came to visit your home and to see what Equestria looks like. Sluriasma has been kind enough to allow me to be her traveling companion. Truly, she has been the light during my darkest hour.”

Sluriasma blushed and giggled. “Stooop it, Zhaity~ Not in front of Spike!”

For his part, Spike was smiling widely. “Are you two…?” Sluriasma hissed with an adorable chirp while her tail wagged. Zhaitan, on the other hand, smiled proudly. “Congratulations you two!” His two friends didn’t reply, they instead nuzzled each other for a couple of seconds. “Anyway, how are you liking Equestria so far, Zhaitan?” Spike questioned while he signaled them to follow him into town.

“It is very bright and colorful. The ponies, in almost all instances, are quite pleasant and approachable. I did not know that food has taste. Or that there are events called ‘parties’ dedicated to merriment. A pink mare invited us to such an event the moment we arrived. Is that normal?”

“Yeah, that’s Pinkie Pie alright. Say, Sluriasma, you said your uncle lives in the Everfree?”

“He’s a bit of a weird one, but yes, do you know him?”

“By any chance is his name Steven Magnet?”

“Ah, you do know him! Can you take us later to him, please?”

“Of course, of course,” Spike nodded. “Maybe we can get Cranky to come along, he’s Steven’s best friend after all. Say, how long do you plan to stay?”

“I’m glad that you ask, Spike. You see, my clan… the Blackwings Clan does not take defeats lightly. A month after our glorious battle they expelled me. I renounced them back and have been wandering ever since until I met with my water lotus,” Zhaitan said without an ounce of hurt in his voice.

“Sorry to hear that, man.”

Zhaitan shook his head. “No need for condolences, my friend. I had little to no love for my clan as it was. To answer your question, we are looking for a suitable place to establish our nest in the near future. Perhaps here in Ponyville, if at all possible. ”

Spike smiled widely. “I’ll take you to meet Mayor Mare later during the party. But for now, do you know what ice cream is?”


End.

Author's Note:

Special thanks to anyone that read this!