• Published 15th Dec 2016
  • 816 Views, 20 Comments

Abyss of the Watch - Mr BHunt



An Abyss Watcher, attacked by the Ashen One, appears in Equestria... Why?

  • ...
1
 20
 816

Chapter Two: A Genius Meets a Warrior

Devrok's POV

I open an eye slightly to see that the yellow horse was gone, opening both eyes and standing up I look at the cottage. There wasn't any sign of the horse there, then I noticed a faint talking. I strained my ears and listened, it sounded like the yellow horse and a stranger. I looked at my feet and noticed my carving gone, so I sigh and tear another piece of wood of the fallen tree and grab my dagger. I lean on the tree as I start my work again, the voices started getting louder. I spotted Yellow walking towards her house with a purple horse with a horn, I didn't recognise that one and my eyes narrowed. They didn't realise I was watching them as they walked into Yellow's house. I looked at my work and carved the details in, the face and tail of a wolf stared at me. I smirked under my helmet and dropped it to the ground, then I started again by tearing a hunk of wood off the fallen tree.

I look up as the two horses walk from the cottage and towards me, I look to my side and count the pile of 12 carvings. I place my latest one on top and sit down, I place my dagger to my side and cross my arms as the two horses gape at the pile of carvings.

"Did you do this, mister creature?" Yellow asks and I nod, then I notice the purple one staring at me with almost hungry eyes. I narrow my eyes at it but the horse ignores it and trots closer, my hand move towards my dagger.

"I've never seen a creature like this before! What does it eat? What is it's habits?! Are those claws with no claws?! I MUST KNOW!" The purple horse shrieks and it's horn starts to glow, I roar and throw myself forward as my eyes turn a slight red. I slash down at Purple with my dagger, she jumps to the side and I turn to look at her. Then I stand up and walk back to my tree, I sit down and glare at Purple from under the rim of my helmet. The horse recoiled at my stare and whispered something to Yellow, who nodded and they both walked back to the cottage.


"That is a monster, Fluttershy!" Twilight says as they enter her friend's home. "It attacked me for no reason!"

Fluttershy spun around and glared at Twilight, who looked shocked at her friend's attitude.

"No, Twilight, he isn't a monster. He can speak and he didn't attack me, he looked at your horn when he attacked and you also yelled and scared him!" Fluttershy says and then looks down. "I-I didn't mean to yell, Twilight. But you need to respect his space, I'll talk to him." She says quietly and walks out of her cottage, leaving a thinking Twilight Sparkle.

"She calls the creature a he... hmm." She says aloud and watches her friend approach the strange bipedal creature.


I watch Yellow walk towards me, then I also noticing that Purple was watching from a window. My vision seams to blur, confusing me. I shake my head and look back at Yellow, but standing there was Heysel. I recoil as my vision clears and Yellow appears in Heysel's place, her expression is of concern.

"Mister, are you okay?" She asks and I nod.

"I'm fine, Heysel." I say and then realise what I've just said. "Apologies, you look simila-"

"Heysel sounds like a lovely name, but my name is Fluttershy." Yellow interrupts and I chuckle. "What is your name?" She asks.

"Devrok of... of..." I begin to say, yet I can't remember where I came from, I grab my head and try to remember. "Of Carim, I think. My memories are slowly fading, thank my Hollowing for that." I say coldly and Fluttershy tilts her head.

"Carim? These no place in Equestria called Carim, do you come from out of Equestria?" She asks and I slowly nod. "Also what is 'Hollowing'? Is it bad?" She asks, I hear slight fear in her voice.

hmm I hum and nod, but don't give a definitive answer. Fluttershy looks a little bit disappointed, but she continues on.

"What is Carim like? Is it a nice place?" She asks and I shake my head.

"Can't remember." I say and Fluttershy looks sad.

"Oh you poor thing, you can't remember your own home?" She says in a soft voice, I look up at her as something familiar fills her voice....


I stand outside the room that Heysel resides in, my eyes snapping to any who pass nearby. I spot the Head Acolyte walking towards me with a pair of other acolytes, I nod to him but move my hand to my sword as the other two neared. The Head Acolyte placed a hand on my shoulder and looked me in the eyes.

"Devrok these men are helping me, you can trust them." He says and I look at the two acolytes, they looked trustworthy.

"Fine, enter." I say and they enter Heysel's room, but one of the acolytes stopped in front of me. I looked at him and he looked back.

"I know how you are feeling, we will help Heysel as much as we can." He says and I notice the sound of pity in his voice, I growl and motion to the room with my head. The acolyte shakes his head and enters, my eyes narrow as an Abyss Watcher passes. He just keeps walking as I think to myself.


"I don't need your pity, Fluttershy. I never need pity, it's just a waste on a pathetic Undead like me." I say and she steps back.

"U-undead? You are an Undead?!" Fluttershy asks with concern filled eyes. "Oh m-my, I n-need to talk with Twilight." She says and trot quickly to Purple, I just shake my head.

I stand up and sheath my dagger, then I pull my sword up and rest it on my shoulder. Then I lean on the tree and watch the two horses talk, their voices fast and getting louder. Well, at least Twilight's is. Then they notice me watching, they trot over and Twilight looks slightly interested.

"So you say you are Undead?" Twilight asks. "Can you prove that?"

hmm I hum and then shake my head, but I do pull off my black glove. Then I show my hand to them, it was warm and rotting. Then I pointed to the Dark Sign, slightly glowing. "Only the Undead get the Dark Sign, after they lose sight of the thing they were working for. I knew a man who hollowed due to being helped too much, lost all self determination." I say sadly and pull my glove back on.

"Devrok, I'd like you to come with me to Ponyville. I want to test somethings on you, and send a letter to Princess Celestia. Our ruler along with Princess Luna." Twilight says and I think for a moment, then nod. She smiles and I follow her as she trots towards the nearby village, I turn my head and catch Fluttershy's eye. Then I raise and clench my fist as I turn back and continue walking.


"Sister, I entered the dreams of the creature." Luna says to Celestia, sitting on her throne with her sister. "I've discovered that it's name is 'Devrok' and it comes from a place called 'Carim'." She states and Celestia raises an eyebrow.

"Devrok and Carim? Strange names, what was this 'Devrok' doing in it's dreams?" Celestia asks, watching her two guards by the doors.

"Nothing."

"Nothing?" Celestia asks, confused.

"It stood in an impenetrable darkness, just standing with it's head low. I even approached it, waving my hoof in it's face." Luna sighs.

"This Devrok is a very strange creature, more than when it attacked me." Celestia slammed her hoof to her mouth, slowly turning to Luna.

"It. Did. WHAT?!" Luna yells and Celestia sighs.

"I have a bad feeling about this..." Celestia mutters.

Author's Note:

So that's a three, more coming. Again, as per usual, point out any mistakes and comment.