• Published 15th Dec 2016
  • 822 Views, 20 Comments

Abyss of the Watch - Mr BHunt



An Abyss Watcher, attacked by the Ashen One, appears in Equestria... Why?

  • ...
1
 20
 822

Prologue: Dueling on the Edge of the Abyss

Devrok's POV

I slam my dagger into my brother and then slash upwards with my greatsword, causing him to stumble back. I move forward and place my dagger on his shoulder and the thrust my greatsword through his chest, I hear him gasp and then fall silent. I pull my sword from my brother's chest and let him fall to the floor, but then I hear the sound of footsteps. I slightly turn my head and spot an Undead enter the mausoleum, but I sense this one is strong. I fully turn around and point my sword at them and place my dagger over my arm, the Undead mimics the etiquette of the legion and I frown under my steel helm.

"I need your soul, Abyss Watcher." The Undead says, his voice muffled from his helmet. "I need to relink the First Flame, it is a duty you have failed to complete." He finishes and he runs towards me, I growl and rush towards him with my sword at my side. I leap up and slam my sword onto the Undead, but he rolls out of the way and dashes forward with a broadsword, slicing my arm slightly. I shoulder charge him and the Undead stumbles back, I spin and slice the Undead in half. He gasps and slides to the bloody stone floor, but just before he fades to dust I hear him say something.

"I am Unkindled, I will never give up."


27 Deaths Later...


I slam my dagger into the Unkindled's neck and throw him to the floor, he holds his neck and coughs. Then he grabs his flask of Estus and sculls it. He stands up and roars as he charges with his sword held high, but then I plant my dagger in the ground and spin on it in a circle. The Unkindled is thrown back as my sword slams into him twice. I growl as he reaches for his flask, so I stomp over and kick the flask from his hand. I sheath my dagger and grab the Unkindled's throat, lifting him off the ground. He raises his left hand and places it on my arm, suddenly it bursts into fire. The Unkindled then blew a cloud of flame into my face, I growl and thrust my sword through his head.

I place my sword on my shoulder as the Unkindled turns to white mist, my gaze stuck on the Fog Wall that blocks the doors into the mausoleum. But my mind was drifting back... back when I just joined the Undead Legion.


"Drink! Drink the blood from the Old Wolf of Farron! Join the Undead Legion as our new brother!" The Head Acolyte yells as I look at the goblet in my hands, I hear the Legion of Farron fall silent as I raise the goblet to my lips. But a hand stops me, it was the Head Acolyte. "Are you certain you wish to join us? Once you drink, your old life is replace with this one. Choose carefully, my friend." He says and I look back into the goblet of blood, then I scull it down.

Suddenly I feel my inside burn and I growl, soon I drop the goblet as lines of fire run down my arms. I taste the blood, metallic and warm, it fills my tastebuds with fire. I stand and raise a fist in the air, a roar of applause echoes from the Legion. I turn and place my hands behind my back as the Head Acolyte places a hand on my shoulder.

"It is on this day we gain a new brother! Welcome to the Undead Legion of Farron, brother." He says and I nod, then I walk into the crowd of Abyss Watchers. But just as I do I see a girl, shyly hiding behind a pillar. I raise an eyebrow and she disappears as the Head Acolyte walks over, but I ignore it and talk with my new family. Yet her face will never leave my memories, perfectly shaped and innocent.


I hear the Fog Wall open as the Unkindled enters, I immediately notice his sword was replaced with a greatsword and he held a crooked dagger in his other hand. Rage grows within me as he mimics my run and raises his dagger up, but I lash out with my sword and cut his hand off. Then I plunge my sword deep into his shoulder, as he screams I let go of my sword and pick up the Unkindled. I repeatedly stab him with my dagger as I walk forward, then I drop him and pull my sword out of his disappearing body. Then I roar with rage as I slash my sword along the ground wildly, but then a soft clink of metal sounded in my ears.

I spin around with my sword swinging at the noise, someone yelps and I stop. I look around and listen carefully, I hear soft breathing and I look around for it's source. Soon I notice a shape on the ground in front of me, I look down at it with confusion.

It was a white horse, but it had wings and a horn. It was staring at me with wide eyes and I knelt down to have a closer look, but suddenly it disappears in a bright white flash which blinded me. I stumble to my feet with a growl as I hear the sound of metal on stone, so I rush at the noise and slam my sword into the floor. I hear a yelp and wildly swing my sword about, soon my vision clears a bit and I spot the horse hovering in the air. I roar and leap up into the air and grab it's hoof, then as I fall I throw it to the floor. I land on my feet but the horse lands with a yell, it looks at me with angry eyes and it's horn glows. I feel myself get lighter and I look at arm, it was glowing golden. Suddenly i'm thrown into the far wall...

...many, Many times.

I growl and slam my hand on one of the many bodies of my brothers, soon it rises with me and we rush at the surprised horse, but as we run I spot a tall shape at the Fog Wall. Suddenly a large golden bolt slams into my brother and sends him flying back, yet I don't stop as I rush towards the horse. But then a large boom shook the room and I skidded to a stop, I stared at the white horse as it quickly looked around. Suddenly the Fog Wall explodes inwards and the Unkindled rushes forward, a humongous warhammer in his hands. I stumble back as the Unkindled swings the hammer into my side, I fly and slam into a pile of my brothers. I look up as the Unkindled slams his hammer down on me, then he swings it around and sends me flying again. I stab my sword into the ground to stop myself, leaving a huge crack in the floor. I look up and leap over the warhammer, then I land behind the Unkindled and thrust my sword into his back.

But then a large explosion sends us both flying away from each other, I look up and spot the horse's glowing horn. I growl and notice the Undead look up in shock, but then he gets up and slams his hammer into the floor. A low rumble fills the air, suddenly the horse is thrown into the air as a large pillar of stone appears from under it. The Unkindled grins, but then it disappaers as my brother slams his sword into him and flings him to the floor. I get up off the floor and charge the Unkindled with my sword above my head, but then I stop. A strange feeling was fulling my chest, I look down and see a sword stabbed through my chest. I look at the Unkindled and reach for him, but he kicks me back and I stumble back. I collapse to a knee, trying to stay up, but then I fall to the bloody floor...


I look at the locket I had since I was a child, it was all I had of my old life. I place it back in my pocket and place my hand on my knee, I watch my brothers talk and spar. That new recruit, Hawkwood, was sparing quite well as I watch him parry his partner. I look to my left and spot a group of acolytes practicing their magic, those 'Farron Darts' they call them. Neat little bolts of magic, easy to learn I've been told.

"E-excuse me, h-hello?" A voice causes me to look to my right, it was that girl I saw at my Initiation! She had a slight blush on her face, I raise an eyebrow and she nervously rubs her foot on the other. I stand up and look down at the girl, she lets out a slight and quiet gasp.

hmm? I hum and the girl smiles slightly, it was almost cute. Almost.

"I-I noticed you sitting here a-and I was wondering if you c-could help me?" She quietly asks, I raise an eyebrow and noice the girl holding a staff.

hmmhmm I hum with a nod, her smile grows and her hands shake with excitement.

"Yay! Oh... sorry, can y-you follow me? I wanna test a new sorcery, if y-you don't m-mind?" She ask timidity and I nod, I was curious to what this girl had made. So we walked out of the keep, soon we stopped near a tall and old tree. I watched as the girl shook her staff, then to my surprise it changed into a little pickaxe, she noticed my stare and puts a finger to her mouth. "Shhh, i-it's something I've worked on!" She says and I let a little chuckle escape my lips. "Now, can you please stand there?" She says and points to the foot of the tree, so I moved to where she pointed. She pointed her pick at me and, much to my extreme surprise, a hail of blue bolts pelted me. They didn't hurt but that sorcery was incredible, so I clapped and the girl giggled.

"good work" I say and the girl smiles, then I hear foot steps. I look to my side and see the Head Acolyte walk over, a small frown on his face. I stood straight and the girl tried to hide her pick behind her back, the Head Acolyte raised an eyebrow.

"Why did I hear the sound of sorcery, Heysel?" He asks and she shrugged, he turns to me. "So what did I hear?" He asks and I look ahead.

"She made a new sorcery, it was quite impressive." I say and the man chuckles.

"No, no, no. She didn't make it, that was a spell that we where experimenting with. A hail of Farron Bolts, turns out that Heysel here just perfected the spell. I dear say she just made it better, but from the little scorches on your armour, it doesn't hit too hard?" He asks and I shake my head, the Head Acolyte then turns to his daughter. "So Heysel, looks like you'll need to learn to get that hail to hit harder." He says as he ruffles her head, she giggles. "So, Abyss Watcher, care to help my daughter train?" He asks me and I nod.

As we walk back to the keep, Heysel places something in my hand. I look down at the item, it was a small carving of a wolf. I look at her and pat her on the shoulder, she smiles and we continue to the keep.


I feel rage burning all through my body as I get up, I slam my flaming sword into the floor and let a low growl fill the air. I pull it out of the floor and swing it to my side, I look up at the Unkindled as the horse was no where in sight. I roar and sprint towards him, not noticing a golden glow covering my body. I skid along the floor as I plant my dagger into the floor and swing my sword at the Unkindled, but then I saw my vision fill with white. I feel my body go light and then I felt my vision darken, then I fell into sleeps embrace.

Canterlot, Equestria
No POV

Celestia huffs and wipes the large amount of sweat from her brow, then she walks over to a side table and gobbles down a large piece of cake. Then she pulled a quill and paper from her desk, she scans Equestria for the Abyss Watcher and finds him near...

"Ponyville, I'm too weak to get to him first. Twilight and the Elements of Harmony will need to find and contain that new arrival, I have faith that they can." She says to herself and looks at the paper, then she starts to write a warning to Twilight. "If the Elements of Harmony can't keep that 'Lord of Cinder' calm, then Equestria will crumble under their failure. I just hope that we can change that 'Lord of Cinder' to good." Celestia mumbles as she writes, but she stops as a dark blue tinge wraps around the door to her study. Quickly she hides the paper and teleports to her couch, she appears on it just as Luna enters.

"Tia, it's time to lower the sun." She says and Celestia nods, the alicorn's horn glows and the sun floats over the horizon. Luna then moves the moon into the sun's place. She looks at Celestia, who was quietly snoring. Luna giggles as she Teleports her sister to her bed, then she turns and grabs the paper that Celestia was writing, which was under a cup. She scans over it with worried eyes, then she looks up and out of Celestia's study. "Oh dear sister, what have you done now?" Luna mutters and she teleports to her own room.

Farron Keep, Lothric

The Unkindled looks around in confusion and anger, then he throws down his sword and hammer with a huff. "God damnit, WHERE THE HELL IS MAH SOULS!?" He roars in angry, soon he disappears with a pop...

Probably cause he smashed his controller into his Xbox One, cause rage gets every 12 year old!

Author's Note:

Comment if you liked this story and if you spot anything wrong with the lore part of this, besides that I hope you've enjoyed!