• Published 19th Nov 2016
  • 6,261 Views, 1,704 Comments

This War of Ours - JDPrime22



Two sides of good clashing together, fighting for what they believe is right, breaking partnerships and ending friendships… human and pony alike.

  • ...
9
 1,704
 6,261

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 32 - Blind Men See No Evil

Berlin, Germany

Berlin Tegel Airport

10:12 a.m.



He asked me again if you were going to be there. I said I wasn’t sure.

The line would never move. Of all times, especially now, he needed it to. It wasn’t the possibility of missing his flight—he was right on time. No, no, he held no trepidation for that thought. He kept his eyes on every moving body, his head on a constant swivel. He tried desperately to blend in, whispered to himself over and over again that his mind was playing tricks on him. He wasn’t seeing what he was seeing.

You should have seen his little face.

His mind, however, was a different, more demented story. It was a constant struggle to push back the overwhelming pain constantly tearing through his nerves, wanting, lusting to break free from the bonds Zemo had forced upon himself. At least in public. He spun his neck around, the couple behind him casting the man a waning glance before returning to their phones.

Just try, okay?

Zemo’s lower lip quivered. His palms nearly bled with how hard he clenched his fists, the whites of his knuckles clearly seen. People talked, people walked, people crowded him. People in front, people behind, people suffocating him. He kept himself tangled, forcing himself to be calm, yet the haunting chill, the possibility that he wasn’t alone kept crawling across his skin, up and down his spine. He spun around, scanned the crowds, and faced forward once more. Why wouldn’t the line move?!

I’m going to bed.

He looked to the large sign directly above the crowd, reading “Moskau/Moscow”. He looked to his plane ticket, checking for probably the twelfth time just to be sure he was in the right line for the right flight at the exact right time. He couldn’t afford to make any more mistakes, not like earlier with the crash in the center of Berlin. Zemo knew that. He kept his head forward and thought over his plan.

I love you.

He stopped thinking for a brief moment. It hurt him so much. He knew he couldn’t stop now. After everything he’s done, everything he’s done for them, everything he’s done to the Avengers, he couldn’t just stop now. And just for good measure, giving him the extra boost forward, the line moved. Zemo cast one last glance behind him, seeing the people pile forward, creating a wall. They were a sea of faces, and not one of them were staring at him.

Nothing. No devil.

With his ticket in hand, Zemo entered the gate to his flight. He never did see the blind man watching him from afar. Suit and tie, cane, bloody bruises, and dark, dark glasses.

Author's Note:

Got a bit of a short chapter for you guys today. Next chapter will come soon, probably on Saturday. It may just be about a certain Punisher and a few certain ponies going to evaluate him. :raritywink:

PreviousChapters Next