• Published 1st Jul 2012
  • 9,987 Views, 414 Comments

Pinkie Pie, Psychologest - Masterweaver



Psychology and Pinkie Pie! Two wonderful things, ONE AMAZING SERIES! Stay tuned for shenanigans!

  • ...
16
 414
 9,987

Confidence and Cunning Crafted by Career

Start from nothing.

Work your way up society's rungs with a silver tongue and a soldier's heart. You don't have much, but what you have you can use. Convince those around you that you are more potent then you are. That way they don't attack you.

And, here's the critical point, always have just enough power to keep out of real danger. Even if it's by running.

This was her modus operandi. Yes, she'd been thrown a curveball before, multiple times, but she soldiered on. And this was no different. Granted, there was little she could salvage from her wagon, and in this town at least she'd probably never be able to sway another pony. But she was alive.

Finding work had been somewhat difficult without her props... but really, she could wash dishes. She could cook. She could earn a normal wage.

The small town of Bridlesprocket even had, oh joy of joys, an abandoned house. Granted, it was scheduled for demolition in two weeks, there was a sign in the lawn, but she'd easily earned enough to buy another traveling wagon before the deadline. She'd had to work her tail off, yes. But never once did she say she couldn't take a job.

And then came her current opportunity. She had pounced. And here she was, at some moderately rich pony's home, performing a show for her child's sixth birthday...

***

"Now, Trixie must ask.... was this your card?"

With a flourish, she pulled out the three of spades. The birthday colt gasped, eyes wide, bewildered at her wisdom. "Ye--yes! How did you know?"

Trixie smiled. "Now now, a true magician never reveals her secrets." She patted the colt on the head, then turned to her enthralled audience. "But they will ask if there's anything anypony wants to see!"

"PULL A RABBIT OUTTA HAT!" a pegasus filly shouted. The cheer was soon followed by the chant of the assembled foals, all of them wanting to see the classic trick.

Trixie grinned and uncapped herself with a flourish. "OBSERVE!" She flicked her hat inside out. "No hidden pockets, and no holes. No way for Trixie to trick the eyes!" She returned her hat to its usual format, levitating it onto the small table beside her. "And yet, should she so wish, Trixie can summon any beast she wants!"

"Does that include stallions?" asked a particularly speculative looking filly.

"....A magician never reveals her secrets." Trixie coughed. "NOW! Let me call upon the spirits of shade and earth, and so ask them to bring me what I wish. OM NUM FORTUNUM LAGOMORPHIA CONSCEND!" She reached into the hat and tugged.

"Hiya Trixie!"

"GAH!" The unicorn started, her magic dropping the hat from which protruded a surprisingly pink pony. "I--You're not Snuffles!"

"Oh, see, Snuffles' cousin Jizzy helped me find you! I mean I didn't know where you were but Fluttershy was kind enough to ask around and it turns out that Angel her pet rabbit was Jizzy's cousin and Jizzy knew Snuffles was working for you and so Angel asked Jizzy to take me to Snuffles!"

Two rabbits hopped out of the bespectacled pony's mane while she was explaining the situation. Trixie recognized the floppy-eared brown one, who was giving her an embarrassed smile and a shrug by way of apology; the grey one with sunglasses and a belt, though, seemed totally disinterested.

The pink mare pulled herself completely out of the hat, finally catching sight of the audience. "Oh! Oh you're in the middle of a show, I am so so sorry for interrupting! I can wait, I'll just be in the back!" She jumped of the stage, wandering thought the slack-jawed foals lightly. "Sorry, sorry... okay! Just keep doing what you were doing, Trixie, I can talk to you later!"

"...So, do you like mares?" asked the particularly speculative filly.

"Ahahaha, well! Who wants to see Trixie saw a pony in half?"

***

The rest of the show proceeded... well, actually better then she expected. The newcomer made up for her interruption by not only loudly cheering and gasping at every trick, but also spontaneously producing a present for the birthday pony which, Trixie noticed, was both perfectly suited for the colt and yet somehow did not outshine any of the presents the actual guests had provided. Obviously the mare was good with crowds, and after the mother tripled the agreed upon pay the magician considered hiring her on as a permanent assistant.

"...So. Trixie never caught your name."

"Oh! I'm Pinkie Pie. I saw your show in Ponyville."

Aaaaaaand there went that plan.

The unicorn's head lowered as she entered her traveling cart. "Alright. Let me guess, you want some form of compensation for the Ursa?"

"Nope!"

"You've come to mock Trixie?"

"Na ah."

"...You have a crush on me."

The pink mare snorted. "Hee hee, no, but those two colts might!"

"You mean the two who..." Trixie sighed. "Of course they would... Of course they would. Right." She fixed Pinkie Pie with a pointed glare. "Why are you here?"

"Well you see Twilight was going through the feedback on my new Psychologest job because she wants to handle all my paperwork because apparently she's been doing that since she was like five but anyway when she heard what Lyra and Derpy thought of what I did she sort of thought that maybe she could employ me and I was all But Twilight we're partners here and she was all You're doing great things and then she was like And I'm feeling a little guilty and I said Why and she said she remembered this pony that lost everything in the Ursa attack and she asked me to check up on you and I said Oki Doki Loki except I didn't know where you were but then I remembered magicians pull rabbits out of their hat so I went to my friend Fluttershy's and--"

A blue hoof stopped the rambling stream of consciousness. "So. You're here, basically, because the pony that showed Trixie up is worried about her."

The pink pony nodded.

"....you can tell her Trixie is doing fine."

The pink pony shook her head.

Trixie sighed. "What, are you going to drag Trixie back to Ponyville just so Twilight can apologize in person?"

The pink pony shrugged. Realizing she wasn't going to get any reasonable answer out of her, Trixie removed her hoof and turned around. "Well, whatever you're planning, Trixie does not think she'll be needing you around anymore. She thanks you for your enthusiastic support, however."

"Actually you kinda do need me." Pinkie bounced uninvited into the cart. "I can tell it just by looking at ya! Don't worry though, I won't get in the way at all!"

"Hey! Get out of my home!"

"Wow, look at all these neat doohickies!"

"The Great and Powerful Trixie DEMANDS you leave her abode at once!"

The pink pony pouted. "But Triiiiixiiiiiiie, I don't have anyplace to staaaaaaay!"

"I--That is not the concern of..." The unicorn looked at the wobbling eyes and caved in. "Alright. BUT! You will be ASSISTING the Great and Powerful Trixie!"

"Oki doki loki!" Pinkie sprang up. "I've always wanted to be a wizard! What do we do now?"

Trixie paused. "We.... search for... another gig!" She facehoofed. "I mean, the Great and Powerful Trixie requires another audience to present her wondrous magics to."

"Great! Let's get started!"

***

Trixie flashed into being, appearing on the stage with great bravado. "Come one, come all! The Great and Powerful Trrrrrrixie is here to amuse, amaze, and astound!"

"Are you going to arouse?" asked a particularly speculative looking filly.

"...You were at my last show, weren't you?"

"Yeah."

"Well then," Trixie grinned, "You would already have met my new ASSISTANT! Fillies and Gentlecolts, the Great and Powerful Trrrrrrrixie is proud to present her humble protege! It's time for you all to meet the Preposterous Piiiiiiiiinkie Pie!" She threw down a smoke pellet...

...and once the smoke cleared, she boggled.

"Hiya kiddos!" Pinkie waved. "How's it going?"

"PINKIE! You can't wear that!"

"What? Why not?" The earth pony glanced at her outfit. "I thought all magician's assistants wore these!"

"Those are for adult shows! These are foals!"

"Awwww, but I like the cotton tail!"

"It is kind of appropriate," the speculative filly commented. "Seeing as you pulled her out of your hat last time."

"Nevetheless, I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to change." Trixie prepared another smoke pellet. "CLOTHOS SHIFTARI!" Once the smoke cleared again, Pinkie was far more suitably dressed in a tuxedo and top hat... both of which were the same color of purple as Trixie's own cape and hat. The magician nodded approvingly. "Now that that's out of the way, we can let the show begin. Let us regale the audience with feats of magic they have never before seen!"

***

"Well. That went rather well."

"Yep! That was amazing!" Pinkie bounced around the small wagon. "I mean how you did one thing and then that other thing and then WOW!"

Trixie rolled her eyes. "Yes, yes, it was incredible showponyship. I very much appreciate your... assistance in there."

Pinkie beamed. "Really?"

"Yes. A show can make or break on how the audience reacts." She sighed. "It... broke rather a lot in Ponyville."

"Nopony blames you for the Ursa thing, Trixie." Pinkie put a hoof on her shoulder. "We all know it wasn't your fault, and Twilight says she saw you try to fight back!"

Try.

"Hmmph." Trixie rolled her eyes. "As comforting as that is, I suspect it's a lie you're telling me so you can make me feel better."

The baker shrugged. "Well if that's what you want to believe, I guess. So did I ever tell you about Flim and Flam?"

"Flim and--You know my uncles?!"

"Wait, they're your uncles?!"

"Yes! They actually helped me get my cutie mark!"

The pink pony stared at her. "...that actually... explains a lot."

Trixie glared at her new assistant. "And just what is that supposed to mean?"

"You have inherited your uncle's amazing amount of charisma and showponyship."

It was obvious Pinkie was holding something back, but Trixie eventually decided to just accept the praise. "Well... thank you. The Great and Powerful Trixie does not often admit to her influences, as it would be unwise to appear a paragon who exploits those who have come before, but Flim and Flam practically raised the Great And Powerful Trixie." She smiled fondly. "I still remember some of their favorite games...."

After a moment, the magician blushed. "Enough chatter! We must prepare for our next engagement with the audience! Tend to the props, my faithful assistant!"

"SirYesSir!"

***

"Come one come all, the Great and Powerful Trrrrrrrixie is here to tell you a grand saga of heroes, adventures, and triumphs!' The unicorn glanced out into the audience, spotting a particularly speculative looking filly, and sighed. "And no, before you ask--yes, you specifically--it's not going to include those kinds of triumphs."

"But those are the best kind!"

Trixie stared at her.

"I mean," the filly defended, "They're born out of love, right, and not monsters attacking ponies? Well, they should be anyway."

"....The point is conceded, but really the fact is if the audience were interested in those kinds of triumphs they should find a different kind of story. After all, such love is extremely personal."

"Oh. Oooooooh. That explains all the weird looks I get when I ask for--"

"AHEM. As I was saying, I am here to tell you a TALE OF LEGEND and BRAVERY! Is that not right, my assistant?"

"No! It is in fact extremely right!" Pinkie smiled broadly.

"No it... wait..." Trixie paused, reviewing the previous conversation before suddenly clapping her hoof in understanding. "An excellent twist of the tongue, oh preposterous one, but before we get carried away with the semantics of language, let us begin this story." She flung her hooves up, horn glowing as lights began to form. "Long ago, in the realm of the stars, there was a saddened mare."

"Ponies live in the stars?"

Trixie smiled at the child who had asked the question. "We would see them as ponies, but... l do not know if they actually are. This mare, you see, was saddened by the loss of her child to a grievous malefactor."

"That means really bad guy," Pinkie supplied helpfully. "Like really bad, you know, really really--"

"They get it Pinkie."

"Oh, sorry."

"This mare's name was HARMONY. And--"

"Whoa, whoa, I thought Harmony was the broken up Rainbow of Light?"

"I heard it was Discord's girlfriend!"

"No, you both got it wrong, Harmony was an abused alicorn stallion--"

The protests began to increase when suddenly there was a loud BANG.

Trixie turned to Pinkie in astonishment. In the baker's hooves was a wooden tube labeled Taffyzooka mark 4, its tip smoking and somewhat drippy with green goo. Her gaze moved to the back of the room, now splattered in hardening green sludge. What in the world, oh no, this was going to go terribly--

"What is a story?" Pinkie asked quietly.

The audience stared at her.

"So many stories exist, some true and quite a few not. Heroes, villains, romance, vengeance... but what is a story, really? It's something to listen to, something to enjoy, it's.... imagination, given form and structure. It is the heart of a writer, the soul of an actor. It is a way to take others into the realms of self that otherwise would not exist, a way to remember and connect. So do not worry about the details. Do not ask if this is true. Only let the storyteller lead you into a realm you have never before seen and, perhaps, may never see again."

Trixie's jaw fell open.

Pinkie looked at her. After a moment she gave a significant glance to the audience.

"....yes. Wise words indeed!" The magician recovered quickly. "But your method of gaining their attention was rather... odd."

"Well, I am the Preposterous Piiiiiiinkie Pie!" The pink pony grinned like a maniac. "Don't worry, I'll clean it all up!"

The children laughed a bit. Trixie shrugged, rolling her eyes in an overly dramatic fashion and garnering a few more well earned giggles. "Now, where was I? Ah yes.... Harmony."

***

"Okay, where the hay did THAT come from?"

"What, the Taffyzooka? Well you see, in my spare time I like to--"

"No no no, not that, the speech! That, that whole big thing about stories and souls and hearts and stuff!"

Pinkie grinned. "Oh, there's this guy who was writing something but he got so much negative criticism on a small plot detail--not that it was poorly written just that it was wrong--that he decided to take a sabbatical. And then I found him and we had a chat." She rolled her eyes. "Well, not me exactly, it was... well, not me at all actually. But I'm aware of this event anyway."

"Who was this guy?"

The baker shook her head with a smirk. "Secrets need to be kept...."

Trixie sighed. "Fine, fine... keep your long and sordid story, Pinkimena Diane Pie. I won't force you to discuss it."

"Actually it's not that long or sordid. But thanks for saying that!" She shoved her pink features right back into Trixie's face. "How'd you earn your cutie mark?"

"What?"

"How. Did you earn. Your cutie mark?"

The magician blinked. Then she sighed, though a grin formed on her face. "You're just gonna pester me if I don't tell you. So... It was back during the magic primer years. There was a contest for a big, fluffy stuffed rabbit. And I was a little filly. All you had to do was produce the most innovative and complicated spell you could." She shrugged. "But I thought, I'm just one unicorn, my classmate over there can already do a fireball--"

"This is where Flim and Flam come in, right?"

"Yes, actually. They saw how depressed I was, and they told me something. 'Opportunities are rare, kiddo. Take them and make the best of them no matter what you got, cause even if you fail you'll at least have tried.' So, next day, I went into the magical primer classroom, concentrated as heard as I could, and made the absolute most dazzling lightshow I could think of."

"Did you win the rabbit?"

Trixie sighed. "No... No, even though it got me my cutie mark, the spell wasn't innovative at all. But I did get third prize, and a consolation gift." She tapped her hat meaningfully. "And, yeah. That was the start of the Great and Powerful Trixie, showmare extraordinaire."

"What a wonderful story!" Pinkie smiled. "But now I am hungry. Wanna scone?"

"Where did you even--? Yeah, sure. I shall accept this scone for sustenance."

***

"Sir, can I speak with you for a moment?"

Trixie pulled a stallion away from the crowd, glancing at the particularly speculative looking filly who was waiting by the theatre door. "Your daughter has been asking... interesting questions whenever she comes to see one of my shows, and I was wondering--"

"Ah." The stallion sighed. "Say no more. I actually adopted her after... well, after her biological father was arrested for, ahem."

"Oh. Oh! Oh, um, oh, I thought, she was, you know..."

"Her special talent is making ponies happy, but the way she earned her cutie mark..." The stallion shook his head. "Still, I'm happy she's taken an interest in your show. You... don't do, you know, erotic tales?"

"No no no, of course not!"

He sighed in relief. "Oh, good. The therapist said she needed to find some other outlet if she was to... ever really heal." After a moment, he glanced at the door. "Your assistant seems to like her, too."

"Wha...?" Trixie turned to the scene, finding the filly and Pinkie talking animatedly about something or other. The filly was actually laughing. In retrospect, she hadn't laughed in any of her shows beforehoof... she'd actually seemed more curious then anything. "Yes... I suppose. She has a way with foals, almost seems to be one herself."

"How did you meet her?"

The magician sighed. "Well... town before this, I got caught up in some... rather destructive events. Not at all my fault, but if a strange unicorn comes into town and that night a giant star bear rampages through the streets, well... at any rate, I had to leave rather quickly." Trixie waved a hoof at Pinkie. "A few weeks later, and she pops out of my hat, ostensibly to psychoanalyze me and give me therapy. And she wouldn't leave me alone! So... I put her to work."

"Huh."

"Yeah, the show biz is filled with crazy things like that."

"So I hear." The pony nodded. "Oh, I'm sorry, you need to get to your stage, right?"

"Ah, yes. I just wanted to make sure that filly wasn't being... hurt or anything."

"Your concern is much appreciated. And believe me, if she was being hurt..." His face darkened. "I would definitely take care of it."

The unicorn nodded. "I'd hand you the sword." She couldn't possibly imagine what it had been like for the poor filly. "Good day..." The magician walked to her stage, thoughts grim, but made her face a mask of smiles for the children. It was time to wow them.

***

"Well that was an incredible show, right?"

Trixie did not reply to Pinkie, instead staring into her vanity mirror and setting down her hat.

"...the kids seemed to like it, anyway."

"Is this all I am?"

The baker blinked. "What?"

"No." Trixie shook her head. "No, no no no no. I'm more then this. I know it."

"Oh is this the part where you explain how being limited to acting for audiences in small towns makes you feel unfulfilled and desperate for a higher purpose, right?"

"Nail on the head," the magician replied with a small smile. "Do you know that filly that keeps coming to our show apparently had a horrible life?"

"Mmmm, yeah, obvious by looking at her." Pinkie smiled. "That's why I had a little talk with her. Sometimes I do my job for free! There's an upper age limit for that though," she added, "I did take this up for bits."

Trixie rolled her eyes, turning to the party pony. "Okay, miss psychologist--"

"Psychologest."

"Whatever. What is wrong with me?"

Pinkie smiled. "See that's the thing. Your problem isn't as big as some of the things I've handled so it was a bit harder to pin down but now I know what it is and how to help you!"

"You didn't answer my question."

"Nope! Twilight Sparkle."

Trixie blinked, then glowered. "What about her?"

"What about who?"

"Twilight Sparkle."

"Oh yeah. What about her?"

"....That's what I'm asking you."

"I asked you second!"

"No I--well, yes, you did--"

"Then give me an answer! What about Twilight Sparkle?"

"What do you mean, what about her?"

Pinkie rolled her eyes. "See, I'm not following here."

Trixie shouted in frustration. "Will you start making sense?!"

"I'm making imperfect sense!" Pinkie protested. "Can't you understand that?"

"NO! No I can't! Ugh, I knew you were laughter's bearer, but I never thought you to be legitimately insane!"

"Speaking of insanity, did I ever tell you about the time Twilight Sparkle went crazy and--"

The magician screamed. "TWILIGHT SPARKLE! TWILIGHT SPARKLE! So now the truth is out, is it? You think I have some strange sort of vendetta on that unicorn?"

"Well--"

"Listen up, I always always always do the research on competition. So when that thing with the Ursa got me thrown out of your little town you know what I did? I went out and searched EVERY LAST THEATRE for records on a Twilight Sparkle showmare, and you know what? Nothing! This filly was real! So what do I do?"

"I'm guessing that--"

"I go to Canterlot and head straight up to the university and, oh wouldn't you know it, Twilight's actually Celestia's personal student! Oh, and THEN it turns out she's the bearer of the element of magic! WHOOPDY DO! So you know what, I flat out know Twilight's way out of my league and I go to sleep every night THANKFUL she will never touch the stage with those pampered purple hooves of hers!"

"Pampered? That makes--"

"YES! PAMPERED! Guess what, Twilight's out of my league by a long shot and I know it! Guess what else? She's out of my league because she had opportunity after opportunity handed to her. I don't even care whether I'm equal to her, the fact is I will NEVER have the chance to match her because hey, she got more chances then most ponies get in their LIFETIME! 'Opportunities are rare, kiddo. Take them and make the best of them no matter what you got, cause even if you fail you'll at least have tried.' Except Twilight is bathing in them, and that means SHE is better then ME and will ALWAYS BE BETTER THEN ME so stop trying to make me fight her!"

Pinkie, very quietly, gave the panting magician a sympathetic look.

Eventually, Trixie sat back down. "I don't even care if I fail where she succeeded. I'm never going to get that chance. It's... just not fair."

"....you wanna know how I met your uncles?"

Trixie sighed. "Fine. You're clearly going somewhere with this."

"They tried to cheat a friend of mine out of their home."

The unicorn blinked. "Wait.... really?"

"Yep. Her, her grandma, her big brother, her little sister... you've met her actually," Pinkie added, "she was that cowpony you wrangled on the stage."

"...but that's just... wrong." Trixie shook her head. "I mean, sure I humiliated her, but it was on the stage. Not actually... Ponies know the stage isn't real... they tried to steal her home?"

"Well, that and their massive acres of farmland."

"That's just wrong!"

"Why?" Pinkie asked. "They were making the best of an opportunity. They'd have been set for life--"

"It's not about profit! I mean it is, but..." Trixie waved her hooves vaguely. "It's... it's about using your opportunities right. It's about... you don't steal. No, what I mean is you use your opportunities to better yourself and others, not to take advantage of ponies. That's what really matters, doing the right thing."

She glared at Pinkie. "And yes, I realize that probably covers some lesson about how having less opportunities doesn't make me worse then Twilight, so long as I do the right thing."

"You said it, not me!"

The magician blinked.

"And for the record," Pinkie added, "I think you're pretty neat. You're right, it isn't fair, but you seem to have made yourself a pretty good pony. Oh, and I'm quitting as your assistant."

"Wait what?"

"Hey there Jizzy!" The pink pony waved as a grey rabbit hopped through the window. "You ready to go?"

Jizzy flung out a pair of digits, gesturing with a paw.

"Word," Pinkie agreed.

"Wait wait wait, hold on, what are you even--?" Trixie was interrupted by a knock at the door. "Um, hold that thought." She walked to the door and opened it.

"Um... miss Pinkie said you'd need a new apprentice." The particularly speculative filly looked up at Trixie. "And that magic thing seems to be kinda cool... so I was kinda maybe wondering if I could sort of learn from you?"

"Remember, Trix, it's not about what others do. It's about what you do." Pinkie placed Jizzy in her mane then started to stuff herself in the magician's hat.

Trixie nodded. "...I think I'll take you up on that, little filly. In fact, if you prove yourself worthy, I'll even train you for free."

"How is she doing that anyway?" the filly asked, leaning around to see Pinkie already halfway through the hat.

"She's a performance artist."

"...Neat."

Comments ( 152 )

Yeeeeeeeeeah this chapter was hard for me to write because Trixie is actually... pretty sane.

So it sucks.

Anyway, I'm opening up character submissions again. WHo do YOU think Pinkie should treat next?

*One look at Title* AAAAUUUGH!!! WE ARE DOOMED!!

i forgot i had watched this.

glad to have an update!

So do not worry about the details

don't go here, then

im pretty sure this would fall into the teen catagory, since the word fetish is in the title of a chapter. then again i havent read it

"CLOTHOS SHIFTARI!" in other words Clothes Beam! :rainbowlaugh:

I don't know if there is anyone I can suggest that others haven't already suggested but perhaps it might be possible to do Colgate or even Gilda, Colgate could dealing with the trouble that comes from her hourglass cutie mark which means she is related to Doctor Whooves a.k.a. Time Turner, and Gilda could be shunned or possibly even bullied herself by other griffons, or maybe Spike. :trixieshiftright:

Hmm... Many people noticed how Applebloom & Twist were friends but after the latter got her cutie mark she just sort of fell off the radar. Perhaps a treatment to rekindle an old friendship?

if you try and understand pinkie you mind/brain will go like this :

I can't begin to tell you how much I love this story and Pinkie's antics. XD

"Flim and--You know my uncles?!"

This explains so much.

That was a really nice and interesting take on Trixie. So often she's either evil, bat shit crazy, or a braggart. You had her rather nicely balanced and rather believably written. Very nice job.

*blinks slowly*

I am confuzzled. Because I had wanted to love this chapter.
The potential is there, but the message is weak. Very, very, very weak.

Rather than being heartfelt, this story felt very bland.

:fluttercry: I-I-I'm so-sorry.

1414017 This doesn't suck. This does the opposite of suck. ...no, wait, that's blow. Let me try again. :trixieshiftright:

This is actually a good story. I like how you treated Trixie here- she was just a showmare trying to get by, whose schtick just happened to set off Ponyville's penchant for Really Crazy Stuff happening. It's nice to see she didn't inherit her uncles' morals as well as their penchant for showmanship.

1414173 Trying to understand Pinkie is like trying to nail Jell-o to the wall. With your head. You don't even get close and you end up with a headache. :pinkiehappy:

A great chapter. This one struck a cord with me as I often come to the conclusion of being less than someone else. There are decent arguments for why that isn't true, and this story makes some of them. I see though that in the end, some will be born smarter, stronger, etc. and there will be people who are better than you. It seems to me that rather than stating the lie that it doesn't make you 'less' you just have to accept that you got the short straw and keep trudging on. Life kinda blows, but you don't get another so make do. dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/emoticons/shrug_Queen_Chrysalis.png

I liked this chapter. Maybe its because I know Trixie is a show mare. Its her job to have to big attitude and throw her weight around. But that's just her on the stage, you don't know what shes like off it.

Jizzy...
Jizzy.\:derpyderp1:

1414318

No, I get your point. I was so frustrated writing this chapter too.

Going to start reading this in a bit. Looks interesting from the description.

I'd imagine this being Twilight's reaction to Pinkie's new field of work:

Did Pinkie get paid?

Celestia should hire Pinkie to help Twilight with Twilight's mentor obsession. How many times has Twilght paniced about being banished or sent back to magic kindergarten?

You spelled Psychologist wrong. Was that intentional?

Good chapter. And yeah Trixie is a pain to write a certain way.

You know how many people think rabbits are rodents? I'm glad you got it right.

:yay:
If i may make a suggestion.


Octavia maybe?
prety please with a cheering Fluttershy on top?

:trixieshiftright: Truly it is obvious. Big macintosh should be treated of his antisocial and possibly alchaholic behavior:eeyup:

If possible, could we see a Celestia chapter? I think it would be interesting to see just what she would do if given a chance to vent her stress of a thousand years of constant leadership.

Maybe she could tell the story about that one time a few hundred years ago when so many ponies called her Princess instead of her name, that she actually forgot her name. Heck, she might never have remembered it, and just made up a new one!

This was an awesome chapter.
Also, I'd suggest Blueblood next. Pinkie could teach him to deal with his ego and maybe become a better person.
Do animals count? Maybe she could help some of the pets.

Woah. That was deep. :rainbowhuh:

1414017 This story DOES NOT suck. This is the truth.

How about Flim and Flam next, just to continue the Trixie story a bit? Let the uncles hear how Trixie feels about them taking an opportunity like the one they took.

:twilightoops: "You have a Doctorate pinkie pie? What could somepony like you possibly major in?"

:pinkiesmile: "Child Psychology."

:twistnerd: "Wow that sounds really interesting..."

:pinkiecrazy: "With a minor in PARTY."

And now to actually read the story.

....And suddenly, A sudden twist happens.Pinkie's other side is haunting her more and more often..
...To the point that..
th01.deviantart.net/fs70/300W/i/2012/131/b/6/monster___skillet___pinkamena_by_tbpp2012-d4zfa6n.png

She'll have to fight her own self

..how bout this as a small plot twister eh, guys?

Are you accepting OC's?

This chapter was... pretty mellow. Not bad in any way, very good in fact. I look forward to future entries.

Also: either Celestia or Doctor Whooves. Or perhaps dl.dropbox.com/u/31471793/FiMFiction/discord.png

VINYL SCRATCH! VINYL SCRATCH! DO OCTAVIA AND VINYL SCRATCH!

Princess Luna has my vote!

1414130

Clothes Beam.

That is EASILY Trixie's most Metro-Spell. :moustache::trollestia:

Discord that would be fun
:pinkiecrazy:The crazy phycologi(e)sts vs. The lord of chaos

The baker shrugged. "Well if that's what you want to believe, I guess. So did I ever tell you about Flim and Flam?"
"Flim and--You know my uncles?!"
"Wait, they're your uncles?!"

static4.fjcdn.com/comments/what+a+twist+_2808b6729ca1b1ef5f026c5be5fc3c29.jpg

1414943

What's with all the Team Four Star references in this chapter's comments? :twilightoops:

1415113 I don't know if that was a TFS reference but my comment definitely was.

1415109 What use would a spirit of chaos and disharmony have for a psyhcologist? :facehoof:

Oh, oh, do Zecora! So few people make her significant, and I know that there's a whole slew of interesting concepts and ideas to tap into for her.

1414975 Well thanks to you, we would have seen that one coming a mile away from the top of the library...now i dont think its such a bad idea, but too common :pinkiegasp:
________

Make Pinkie "help" / "treat" / "fix" Big Mac, no one from what ive read so far has given him enough dialogue.
Perfect time for him to break the ice..so to speak:pinkiesad2:

That title STILL scares the hell out of me...

Spelling: Opportunities, instead of Oppurtunities.
most places you need Than rather than then.
Really good, though. :twilightblush: I watch.

oh, oh, oh, imma have to read this. I can tell this is gonna be good. I'm basically having a lol-gasm right now just thinking about it! (lol-gasm = loling so hard that when someone walks by, they think something is wrong with you cuz you look like your convulsing cuz its just THAT funny)

Wonderful story darling I can't wait to see more. My vote is for Rarity, she really needs help with histrionics.
Ciao :raritywink:

Login or register to comment