• Published 19th Nov 2016
  • 7,350 Views, 128 Comments

The Light Beyond Despair - Ultimate Mayhem



After Anon-a-miss Sunset tries bring it to an end when someone offers her a chance at something greater than herself.

  • ...
20
 128
 7,350

Let's Game

After they got back to Sunset's place she asked Sting if he could get in contact with someone named Swift Blade. Sting explained that his team was currently in Eastern Europe assisting another team with a larger threat. During that time Luna had called Sunset and explained they were at Canterlot Memorial Hospital. After they got their response from Sting they went straight to the hospital.

Once they arrived they asked for Celestia and were directed to her room. There they saw the others as well as Luna who sat next to her unconscious sister.

"How's she doing?" asked Indigo.

"They don't know what she has. They ran a few tests on her but they couldn't figure out what was wrong." replied Luna.

"She'd have to be tested in Radiology to find anything." said Sunset.

"You know what she was infected with?" asked Luna. Sunset nodded. "Then you need to tell the doctors!"

"There's nothing they can do." replied Sunset. "She's been infected with the Bugster Virus."

"What is this Bugster Virus?" asked Luna.

"A computer virus born from video games. It evolves by making contact with and infecting humans." explained Sunset.

"How exactly is it possible?" asked Luna.

"I'm not entirely sure myself." replied Sunset. "All I can say for certain is that we need to keep her as relaxed as possible. If she starts stressing for whatever reason it'll make the virus stronger and she'll disappear faster."

"Isn't there something you can do as a Rider?" asked Luna.

"I'm afraid not. Only a Rider with a Gamer Driver could operate on her." replied Sunset.

"What do you mean?" asked Luna.

"The Bugster will eventually become strong enough to break out. If any of us tries to fight it we could end up causing irreparable damage to her." explained Sunset.

"Do you know anyone who could?" asked Luna.

"The only Rider who could is Brave and he's unavailable at the moment." replied Sunset.

"What about the guy that uses Bang Bang Shooting?" asked Sour.

"He's in a coma." replied Sunset. "We haven't even been able to change him back. The Gashat's stuck in his Driver."

"Then there's nothing to we can do?" asked Luna.

"For now, we just need to keep her from getting stressed as much as possible. Hopefully Brave's team will finish the mission they're in the middle of." replied Sunset.

"Would it be possible for someone to use the items of the Rider who is in a coma?" asked Luna.

"I'm afraid not. Gamer Drivers aren't coded like most of ours where the one who first tries it on is the only person it'll work on. Rider Gashats take something more to use. Anyone, Rider or not, who tries to use a Gashat is risking their life because it takes something special for them to transform."

"What?" asked Sour.

"Think of it like this. The Bugster Virus is the enemy. Then what are the Riders?"

"The vaccine?" asked Lemon.

"In essence." replied Sunset.

"I see." said Luna.

"There is also the possibility they might find someone to become a new Lazer." said Sunset. "So, what are you gonna to do?" she asked Luna.

"I'll stay here with my sister."

"What about the school? While she's out someone needs to keep discipline." said Twilight.

"That is true." said Luna.

"Plus, someone needs to tell the school what happened to her. I'm sure she wouldn't want them freaking out." said Sunset.

"Sunset's right." said Celestia causing everyone to turn surprised.

"How much did you hear?" asked Sunset.

"Just that Luna needs to keep the school in order." replied Celestia. "What happened?"

"An enemy infected you with something called the Buster Virus." replied Sunset. "Unfortunately, it takes a unique type Rider to cure it."

"I see." said Celestia. "I know you'll find a way." she said directly to Sunset. Sunset smiled.

"Sister, could you leave us?" asked Celestia. Luna looked at the two and then smiled.

"Very well. I will be right outside." said Luna. "Come on." she told the others. They nodded and stepped out with her. The two remained silent for a moment.

"Sorry haven't been in contact." said Sunset after about a minute.

"I'm sure you had your reasons." said Celestia. "You're a bright young woman."

"Not anymore." said Sunset.

"What do you mean?"

"The pain those five caused me was much greater than anything I could've ever imagined." explained Sunset. "That pain is embodied in this." she added pulling out the Furia Module.

"I've heard as much." said Celestia. "I'm sorry Sunset."

"For what?"

"For not having done more to help you." replied Celestia.

"Forget about it." said Sunset. "I get that as the Principal you couldn't show me favor plus you had to deal with keeping the school in order. I heard from Vinyl and Octavia that you had them investigate independently along with the few others who believed in my innocence."

"As you said: I had to keep the school in order." said Celestia.

"I did miss you while I was away." said Sunset.

"I'm touched you thought of me." said Celestia with a smile.

"Well, you've always been the closest thing I've ever had to a mother, regardless of which reality." said Sunset. Celestia's eyes watered a bit.

"I always thought of you as the daughter I never had." she said.

"I know." said Sunset before looking down. "After all, I took advantage of that to keep the school under my thumb." she said feeling ashamed. "But it's better not to dwell on the past. I want you to know that I really am sorry for not contacting you."

"You wanted to deal with your issues, I know." said Celestia. "Do you plan on returning to school?"

"I can't. It's too painful being there. To be entirely honest with you I think you and your sister are the only ones that I really want to see from the school. Well aside from Vinyl and Octavia since I have gotten closer to them." she added.

"I'm glad you found new friends."

"Me too. I didn't think I'd end up finding someone I could call my friend here." replied Sunset.

"How was your time away?"

"Most of it was spent training to become stronger." replied Sunset. "I was assigned to the team of the one who saved me. They treated me like family though it did bother me for a bit that most of them saw me as more of a little sister. They would speak Japanese among themselves which I didn't know at the time. They taught me how to speak it and I developed the habit of calling Blitz Nii-san and Mercy Nee-san since the two of them acted that way towards me the most."

"I see. It seems your team became your family." said Celestia with a smile.

"They did." replied Sunset. "We're very dysfunctional but I suppose that's something one might expect considering most of our time is spent fighting threats to the world."

"Sunset, would it be okay if I asked you something?"

"What is it?"

"If you hadn't been sent here would you have ever returned?" asked Celestia. Sunset looked to the side before sighing.

"I didn't think of it much. After all, just the memory of this city brought me pain. When I was able to think with more clarity I considered coming back here, if nothing else I wanted to at least see you and Vice Principal Luna one more time since outside of those I once believed to be my friends, you two were the only ones I ever felt any connection to here in Canterlot City."

"I see." said Celestia with a smile. "I'm glad we could talk."

"Same here." said Sunset. "I'll bring you some sweets tomorrow."

"You can probably just tell them it's for me at the Sweets Shoppe." said Celestia.

"I don't intend to go there. I'll bring you something I made personally. After all I've still got Cure Whip's desire to make them."

"Cure Whip?"

"I'll explain another time." replied Sunset. "For now, I'll tell your sister to come back in. I'll head back to try to find a way to help you."

"Thank you Sunset." said Celestia. Sunset nodded with a smile before stepping outside. She turned to Luna.

"I'll go see if another Rider has appeared with a Gamer Driver. I'll be back tomorrow." she said heading towards the elevator shortly followed by the others.

"By the way congrats on becoming Zangetsu." Sunset told Octavia.

"Oh. Thank you. So that's my Rider name." she said to herself.

"So, do we have a plan?" asked Sunny.

"The most I can do is ask them for the Bakusou Bike Gashat but none of us can use it. Even with a Gamer Driver. Not to mention whoever uses it will still need a partner."

"What do you mean?" asked Lemon.

"It's a little complicated." replied Sunset.

"Then what will you do?" asked Octavia.

"I'm heading to the grocery store to get ingredients. After all I'm making her some sweets." said Sunset. "I'm thinking of making some cookies."

"Perhaps I'll join you." said Sunny.

"By the way..." said Sunset. "Why haven't you used your weapon?" The others looked at Sunny surprised.

"I favor hand to hand combat over all else. Don't get me wrong, I'm more than good enough to use it in either blade or gun mode. I just prefer to fight with my hands. But if it does bother you I'll use it next time."

"It's entirely up to you." said Sunset pointing upwards. "Nii-san said this: "We train to become stronger but if we always fight the same we become predictable.""

"That is true." said Sunny.

"Hey Sunset."

"Yes Lemon."

"If you're making sweets do you think we could help you?" she asked a bit resembling a child.

"If you don't have anything to do. It's getting dark." replied Sunset as they exited the elevator. They walked out of the hospital and saw the sun was nearly done setting.

"Aw. I guess we do have to go." said Lemon with a pout.

"I'll see you all tomorrow." said Sunset. The others nodded before taking off, most of them at least. Sunny decided to accompany Sunset, which at this point didn't surprise her. They were headed for a grocery store when Sunny stopped her.

"If you'd like something a bit more specialized a cousin of mine owns a store not far from here." said Sunny.

"Really?" asked Sunset surprised.

"Yes. He mostly supplies the restaurants in town." explained Sunny.

Octavia arrived at her home some time later and headed right to her room in the larger than normal home. She put her backpack on the chair of her desk and lied down on her bed holding her Lockseed. As she looked at it the words of the man from her dream repeated in her mind.

"Noblesse Oblige."

"The duty of the privileged." she said to herself. "If we're doing this there is no doubt we'll need to test ourselves. I'll need to talk to Sunset tomorrow." She got up and went to see if she had leftovers.

Sugarcoat sat in her room looking at her three Eyecons. She'd wondered if she should go with a medium to communicate the Grimm Eyecon.

"Sugarcoat, mom says it's time for dinner!" called out the voice of a young boy.

"On my way." she replied putting her Eyecons on her dresser before leaving.

Twilight arrived home. At first, she was surprised the house was empty but remembered her father explaining he was surprising her mother on the anniversary of the first date they had. Though she isn't the most knowledgeable person when it comes to emotions or social norms she still thought it was sweet that her father liked to celebrate what he considered to be the most important parts of their relationship pre-marriage. She hoped that if she ever did find love her significant other would be as affectionate with her as her father is with her mother.

"I guess Shiny still had to study for his midterms." she said to herself. She noticed a pretty large package on the table. She walked up to it and saw the package addressed to her. "This is strange. I haven't ordered anything." she said before shrugging. "I'll see what it is after I eat. I'm so glad we've got some leftover beef stew." she said happily heading to the kitchen.

Indigo arrived home but stopped before going inside. Why? Her hand was currently glowing. Though she didn't actually feel anything when it happened but she was sure her parents would freak out if they saw it.

"I wonder why this is happening?" she asked herself as the glow faded completely. "I should probably ask Sunset after this whole thing gets solved with Principal Celestia gets solved. Hopefully it isn't something bad." she said to herself before entering.

Lemon Zest got home feeling worried but at the same time somewhat excited. She was very worried for Principal Celestia but she'd been feeling excited about the whole Rider thing. She's been hoping to become one since Sunset explained to them that it could happen to pretty much anyone. She really couldn't believe it when Sunny showed them she had gotten a belt of her own. She just knew she'd become one too. She'd even gotten one of her cousins to send her a few issues of a motorcycle magazine and she'd gone online to learn more about them in hopes she might be of more use once she got a belt of her own.

"I'll bet it feels great to Accelerate like that." she said with a smile as she went to the living room and saw two large boxes surprising her. One was a big box but the other seemed wider. "I guess she's had that subscription for a while." she said with a sweatdrop before smiling. "Gotta start somewhere I guess." She opened the wider box and became surprised to find a weird looking sword and a flip phone. She tried to pick it up but found it to be extremely heavy. She struggled a bit until it glowed lightly in red. For one moment to the next she went from being unable to lift it to barely being able to lift it. "Whoa." She pulled out the phone which was pretty thick and dark blue with some grey.

Vinyl was in her bed looking at her Lockseeds. She was kinda bummed out she'd lost the banana Lockseed she got when they got to that Helheim place. Picked up her Sengoku Driver wondering how much more it could do. She figured there might be things that weren't in the database Sunset checked out.

"I guess I'll find out when I need to." she said to herself. "I wasn't there to help Sunset before but now I'll make sure I never see her tears again." she said remembering when she saw Sunset crying in the middle of the hall on her knees. She clenched her fist to the point her knuckles somehow became whiter. "Maybe I'll get a final form but it doesn't matter. I'm here to back her up." she said smiling.

Sour got home and went straight to the kitchen. She'd completely forgotten to take her medication in the morning although so far, she hasn't had any issues. She took her medication before getting some instant ramen which had become a favorite of her's when she played late nights. As much as she disliked having DID she kinda thought it had something to do with her...unique metabolism since she could eat quite a bit without gaining much more than a few ounces though she wondered if maybe that had more to do with the other. Once her noodles were ready she served them on a pretty big bowl and went to the living room.

"Guess it's a good thing they had that business trip." she said to herself before looking to the side and noticing a package. She took out the beta system she'd gotten when she brought Vinyl. She pulled out the game. 'Maybe another game." she thought to herself. She got the scissors and cut the tape before opening the package. Her eyes widened. She pulled out a pretty big, mostly green with some pink device that had GD on it. Next to it was a Gashat like the one Mercy had shown them along with a weird looking stethoscope. It was then she remembered her dream the other night.

Sour looked around what looked like a hospital waiting area.

"Where the hell am I?" she asked. "Hopefully I didn't get kidnapped."

"This is certainly interesting." said a voice. She turned and saw a bright light. In it was someone in some kinda of long coat who seemed to be walking towards her.

"Who are you?" asked Sour.

"My name's Hojo Emu but a lot of people know me as Genius Gamer M." he introduced himself. "You will need to operate."

"Operate? You're a doctor?"

"Yes." he replied.

"That's cool. When I was a kid I wanted to become a doctor but everyone said I was too crazy."

"Too crazy?"

"I have split personalities."

"That shouldn't stop you." said Emu. "I had something similar but I didn't let it stop me. Even if my personality only really changed when I played games."

"I can keep it in control because I let it loose when I play video games." explained Sour.

"So why is it that you wanted to become a doctor?" asked Emu.

"I just always liked how they were like the last line of defense. The police fought to stop bad guys but the doctors are the ones who help people when they get hurt, whether it was when someone had a sprain or if they were hurt badly. I guess I always saw them as heroes because their job is like fighting death itself."

"Life is the most precious thing." said Emu. "After all medicine was created so people could find happiness." Sour looked at...the silhouette for a minute.

"I guess that's true." she said. "So, what's the deal with the game and the system I got?" she asked pulling them out of nowhere.

"You'll understand when you transform. After all each game has differences."

"Yeah. I saw that in this the main character, Mighty, absorbs different colored coins that do different things."

"As long as you understand the game you'll be able to operate. Just be careful. When you transform you'll still be bound by the rules of the game."

"What do you mean?"

"You'll understand. I'm sure you'll be able to use our power. The power of Ex-Aid." explained Emu.

"So I'll become Kamen Rider Ex-Aid?" asked Sour recieving a nod. "Any advice?"

"Just one thing. When I change form I like saying Dai Henshin. It's just always felt right for but I don't know if you'll want to." said Emu as the light behind him became extremely bright.

Sour looked at the Driver and the Gashat.

"I'm definitely gonna have to call Sunset tomorrow." she said to herself.

The following morning Sour woke up very early and got ready. She saw she still had about an hour before school. She was about to try to call Sunset only to remember that she's never actually had a way to communicate directly with her. She cursed and dialed Sunny's number.

"Hello?" replied groggy Sunny.

"Sunny are you with Sunset right now?" asked Sour urgently.

"Oh. I guess we fell asleep watching that odd vampire movie." replied Sunny. "Why?"

"I think I have a way to help Principal Celestia!" This startled Sunny.

"What?! How?"

"Just pass the phone to Sunset."

"Hang on. She's right here. I'll put you on speaker."

"Sour?" asked Sunset. "What's going on?

"Sunset I think I've got a way to help Principal Celestia."

"What do you mean?"

"I just need to know how does the whole Bugster operation thing work?"

"Meet us in front of the hospital. I called in last night and they told me there's a couple of agents in the hospital. They'll get her out. I'll explain what you need to do once we meet up." replied Sunset.

"Alright." said Sour. She headed out though she had to stop at a fast food place for a takeout breakfast. When she arrived back at the hospital Sunset and Sunny were waiting for her with two nurses who were behind a still unconscious Principal Celestia who was in a wheelchair.

"Alright. What do I do?" asked Sour taking off her backpack.

"What did you get?" asked Sunset. Sour opened her backpack and pulled out three items. The Driver, the Gashat, and the stethoscope. "Alright first put the stethoscope on as if it were normal but point the part that would go on the chest at her and press the button on the side." Sour did as she was told causing a holographic screen to appear with Celestia on it and a heart next to her head. "At least it isn't something too bad." she said as Sour put the stethoscope around her neck.

"Now what?" asked Sour.

"Put the Driver on." replied Sunset. Sour placed it at her waist causing the belt to extend around her, forming a slot at her left side with a button and two empty slots a bit below it. "Once the Bugster comes out press the button on the slot at your side to change locations. This fight's gonna be kinda like a boss fight in a video game so your main objective is to beat the monster. The chest of your armor will have your Rider gauge which is your health bar. You'll have a weapon you can summon though I don't know what it might be." explained Sunset as best she could.

"Alright. Anything else?" asked Sour.

"I think that's it. Good luck." said Sunset. Sour nodded. It was then they noticed the look in her eyes change. While Sunset explained things Sour's expression had been focused but now her eyes had become hardened and she gave a confident smirk. She gave an aura of confidence which could put anyone from Crystal Prep to shame. Sunset and Sunny became surprised that they could feel Sour's cockiness as though it were heat in the desert.

"Let's get this game started." she said pressing the button on the side of her Gashat.

"Mighty Action X!" called out a voice from the Gashat before playing a techno like tune as a starting screen appeared behind her, that released several chocolate blocks along with a some pixilated ripples which were released from her feet, which showed a pinkish character with goggles who had spiky hair, and game start in front of her before vanishing. She then swung her arms around in a dramatic fashion, holding the Gashat in her right hand while leaving her left open.

"Henshin!" she called out before turning downwards and grabbing it with her left hand before putting in the part of the slots closer to the center.

"Gashatto!" it called out as a roulette with multiple portraits, all of which had large anime like eyes, spun around her with one resembling Mighty stopping in front of her as she extended her hand out to it. "Let's Game! Metcha Game! Mutcha Game! Whatcha Name?! I'm a Kamen Rider!" it called out as the portrait she touched began glowing with pixels as it got closer to her body before it fully formed her form which, as opposed to her friends, was a mostly stubby form with white armor which included what looked like a control pad on the chest which also had a life bar. When her transformation finished Principal Celestia's body began glowing orange as something seemed to come out of her and took the form of a cross between a virus and the top part of a castle's tower but with six legs.

"Kamen Rider Ex-Aid!" she declared before pressing the button on the slot at her side.

"Stage Select!" called out the voice as another roulette appeared only this one with picture of different locations which would become bigger when they were behind her until it stopped on one that looked like a paintball field or a military training area as the word Select appeared on it causing the image to expand changing their location.

"Watch yourself." said Sunset.

"Don't worry. Just leave this to me." said Ex-Aid confidently as another roulette appeared around her but with a single image of something that looked like a white hammer with the flat sides being magenta which had an A and a B button and had a line that went from the center to one of the flat sides.

"Gashacon Breaker!" called out the voice.

The Bugster moved away and formed what looked like a castle wall in front of it as it began firing several arrows. Ex-Aid jumped onto one of the chocolate blocks before jumping off towards it as new chocolate block form just below her feet allowing her to get above it. After she jumped off one and struck it with her weapon only to be swatted back. She got up as she spotted several more arrows heading for her. There were two blocks near her she couldn't decide which to use so with a spin she broke both of them revealing two coins which showed a person. The first was silver and showed a sword breaking on someone while the second was yellow and showed someone moving fast.

"Better use them both." she said as both coins spun towards her and were absorbed.

"Kōsoku-ka! Kōtetsu-ka!" said the voice as her body became completely metal and she moved insanely fast, matching Sunny when she clocked up. She was able go right through the arrows without taking damage and jumped on the Bugster to get a higher jumped height before coming down with her hammer while still metallic causing it to explode but then revealing Celestia's unconscious body. Little bits of what looked like the virus seemed to bounce away until they formed a red creature with red and white checkered pants who held what looked something between a magic staff and a magic wand.

"You may have forced out of my host before I could get strong enough but that doesn't mean you'll defeat me." said the Bugster.

"That's Alhambra." said Ex-Aid surprised. She got ready to move the handle on her Driver but Alhambra slammed his weapon onto the ground creating a smokescreen which forced them to cover their eyes. Once the smoke cleared he was gone.

"Tch." Ex-Aid pulled out her Gashat undoing her transformation causing them to return to the front of the hospital. "Damn it." One of the Nurses went to Celestia while the other went to the young Riders.

"How'd it go?" he asked.

"She separated the Bugster but it escaped." replied Sunset.

"At least that's one thing less to worry about." he said. "We'd best get her back in." he said before joining his friend before they took Celestia back inside.

"I guess that went as well as it could have." said Sunset.

"So, what now?" asked Sunny.

"You guys head to school. Knowing how much Principal Celestia loves the school the Bugster might show up there." replied Sunset.

"Then it'll be the perfect chance to kick his ass." said Sour surprising the two other Riders.

"Are you okay Sour?" asked Sunny.

"Yeah. Why?" asked Sour sounding annoyed.

"You get competitive when you're playing games but you change back when you're done." said Sunny.

"That might be why." said Sunset. "Alhambra's still out there so the game isn't over."

"Then we're gonna need to deal with her like this. Great." said Sunny with a sigh.

"Whatever. Let's just go." said Sour annoyed.

"Good luck with handling her." said Sunset. "I'll keep on the security system around the city. It's possible to Bugster will attack some other place or person Principal Celestia values. Basically, anything she cares about. Ask Vice Principal Luna about it."

"Very well." said Sunny.

"Oh, and transfer my communication data to the others." added Sunset.

"Can we go?" asked Sour getting impatient.

"Yes, yes. Let's go before we're late." said Sunny sounding exasperated.

'Hopefully it doesn't attack the school.' Sunset thought to herself before walking away.

The two arrived at school a few minutes later than they normally would due to them having come from the hospital.

"Yo! Did you guys find anything?" asked Vinyl. Sour smirked and pulled out her Gashat surprising the others. "So, you can cure her then?"

"Bet your ass I can. As soon as I can find that bastard so I can kick his ass." replied Sour cracking her knuckles. Leaving Vinyl and Octavia surprised while the others facepalmed.

"She seems...a tad abrasive." said Octavia.

"What happened?" asked Sugarcoat.

"It would seem that she changes personalities when she transforms just as it does when she plays a video game." explained Sunny. "Unfortunately, this game doesn't seem to be over until she defeats the Bugster."

"So, her personality knows it?" asked Vinyl a bit confused.

"Nah. It's probably from the Bugster antivirus." replied Sour.

"What do you mean?" asked Lemon. Sour pulled out the game system she'd gotten in the mail.

"When I got this, I started feeling weird. Nothing obvious but enough to tell something had changed. I didn't get what it was at first but based on what Sunset said whoever sent me this probably inoculated me against the Bugster Virus." explained Sour. "So, I guess my body knows the game doesn't end until I kick Alhambra's ass."

"Sour I understand it's part of your competitive nature, as it were, but could you avoid such language. You're going to get yourself in trouble." said Sunny.

"I'll try but this ain't easy to hold back." replied Sour. "Didn't Sunset ask us to do something?"

"Yes. She asked us to talk to Vice Principal Luna." said Sunny. "Let's go." They headed together to Vice Principal Luna's office and they found her reviewing some notes.

"Is there something I can help you with?" asked Luna. Sunny looked at Sour with an expression that told her to stay quiet. Sour shrugged.

"We were able to separate the Bugster from Principal Celestia but we were unable to destroy it." explained Sunny.

"So Celestia's okay?" asked Luna.

"Not quite. As long as the Bugster's out there she'll be at risk." replied Sunny. "That why we came here."

"What do you need?" asked Luna.

"We need to know more about Principal Celestia." replied Sunny. "It seems that the Bugster will attempt to attack anything and anyone she cares about so we need to know what she cares about the most."

"That's a bit complicated." replied Luna. "Celestia's always been a very sun and fun kind of girl. She cares about everyone. The students, the staff, the school itself. There is very little she doesn't care about."

"Then can you tell us what she cares about the most?" asked Sugarcoat.

"Family." replied Luna.

"Then it'll come after you." said Sugarcoat.

"Not just me." said Luna. Their eyes widened.

"Sunset."

"Yes. It's entirely possible it's entirely possible it'll try to attack her." said Luna.

"Tch. So that's what she's doing." said Sour with a smirk. "She fooled us."

"What do you mean?" asked Indigo.

"Sunset knows how Principal Celestia thinks of her." explained Sour. "It was one of the first things she told us. She's probably using herself as bait."

"She should be able to handle herself then." said Twilight.

"Things aren't that simple." said Sour looking extremely serious causing the others to look at her. "When I separated the Bugster from Principal Celestia it didn't try to fight. I think I forced it out when it was too weak so it ran. What's something she cares about that might be an open target?"

"There's her favorite dessert." replied Luna.

"Favorite dessert?" asked the girls.

"Very few people know this but my sister is...addicted to cake. She has been since we were children." explained Luna. "Seeing as you all come here and Sunset is able to fight on her own it is entirely possible this Bugster might attack the bakeries and restaurants that she loves."

"How many is that?" asked Twilight. Luna looked up for a moment.

"All of them."

"So, you're saying we'd have to look at every place that sells pastries?" asked Indigo. Sunny held up her phone.

"Did you hear?" asked Sunny.

"Yeah. I'll check the security cameras near those places. From what I remember there's a few hundred places with pastries, not just some that are specific to pastries alone." said Sunset. "Are there any that Principal Celestia favors?"

"Aside from the Sweets Shoppe she likes to go to the shops in the east section of the shopping district. Specifically, the Free Wind shopping center." explained Luna.

"That should narrow it down. I'll head there now." said Sunset before hanging up.

"Alright. In the meantime, we'll make sure to keep an eye on things here." Sunny told the others. They nodded.

"Please do. Now if you'll excuse me I must get back to reviewing how I'll explain my sister's absence." said Luna. The others nodded and left. As they walked through the hall they noticed someone familiar walking to the bathroom.

"Guess Fluttershy finally got herself to come back." said Vinyl. Sour's eyes narrowed, feeling there was something odd about the girl. Her eyes almost seemed dead, but then decided it wasn't worth thinking about.

The rest of the day was entirely uneventful, though Sour had a bit of trouble keeping herself under control. There were several times when she wanted to not only talk back, but curse at the teachers and other students. Due to this she spent most of the day avoiding speaking. At around lunch Sunny transferred Sunset's contact info and then she called her, making sure to put her on speaker.

"Yeah?" asked Sunset's voice.

"Sunset, how are things?" asked Indigo.

"Not good. The Bugster hit about six different bakeries and four restaurants. There weren't any casualties but the places were completely wrecked." explained Sunset.

"Did you pick up a trail?" asked Sour.

"Not really. Only three places at Free Winds were attacked. The others were much farther away." replied Sunset. "He did try to attack me from behind a few times but he disappeared as quickly as he attacked. Either that or he attacked from a long distance. I couldn't tell."

"So, we're no closer to beating Alhambra." said Sour.

"Considering he did try to attack me it's possible he'll go after Vice Principal Luna so keep an eye on her."

"Got it." said Sour. "Hey Sunset?"

"Yeah."

"How much do you know about Bugsters aside from what you've told us?" asked Sour.

"There's a few things I didn't have time to mention before."

"Like what?"

"There's a theory that even though a Bugster can break out of a person they maintain some sort of mental link. They haven't been able to test it but so far it seems to be the case because a Bugster always seems to know who or what to go after." explained Sunset.

"So as the Bugster does things the patient knows and that stresses them out more." concluded Sugarcoat.

"It sucks we can't search the school during class." said Indigo.

"Actually, I think I have something that can help." said Sugarcoat causing the others to turn to her. She pulled out the Eyecon she hadn't used yet and pressed the switch on the side and tossed it into the air causing it to glow in red before it took the form of a small ghost with a single eye which was white with parts of blue.

"How can I be of service." asked the small ghost.

"What the hell is that?!" yelled out Indigo surprised.

"He was who gave me the Grimm Eyecon." replied Sugarcoat. "He calls himself Nori."

"It's nice to meet you." said Nori.

"I need you to keep an eye on Vice Principal Luna. If anything happens come tell me but stay out of sight." she ordered.

"Understood." said Nori before disappearing.

"Since when have you been able to call him out?" asked Sour.

"Since I got the Eyecon. I've talked with him a lot but I had to wait for him to be in optimal condition." explained Sugarcoat.

"Alright. I'll keep searching in town." said Sunset before hanging up. They were about to go back to eating lunch when they heard Lemon gasp loudly.

"What's wrong?" asked Sunny.

"I almost forgot my chemistry homework." she said before running back inside.

"Does this happen often?" asked Octavia.

"Every once in a while." replied Indigo.

Once Lemon got down the stair she looked at a black and gray robot beetle which looked like a smaller Kabuto ZECTer.

"Go around the school and come get me if there's a magic monster with a stick." she instructed. The beetle turned and flew off into a vent. After she walked to her locker. 'Sometimes it's good to forget things.' she thought to herself with a smirk.

The rest of the day went about as normal as it had for them any other day. The only difference having been that when they were heading to their last period class, which was the one class they all shared, they heard tapping inside one of the lockers but with a damaged lock keeping it from opening.

Again?" asked Indigo.

"This has been happening since they confessed." replied Vinyl.

"I've got it." said Sunny as she went up to the lock and twisted off as though it were clay.

"Since when can you do that?" asked Indigo surprised.

"The belt increases my strength in human form." replied Sunny. "It's why I take it off during gym." she explained as she opened the locker and they left letting the Crusaders out of it. Their last class wasn't really noteworthy other than the fact that they had an essay due in two weeks on a historical event of their choosing. After school, they stuck around to make sure Luna was okay. Sunset had sent them a messaging explaining she was keeping an eye on things outside of the campus. Indigo and Sugarcoat stayed near Vice Principal Luna's office while the others paired up and walked around the school as teachers and students left.

There was one exception they didn't notice. Sweetie Belle had to stay late to work on an assignment. Having finally finished she stretched and put her things away before walking out of the library. As she walked she noticed someone turn a corner. She'd been wondering if one of Sunset's friends could get her a chance to talk to her so she could apologize for her role in the Anon-A-Miss incident. Seeing her chance, she ran after the person only to spot them making another turn.

'This is weird.' she thought to herself. 'Where is she going?'

Lemon had seperated from Octavia and was walking in a hall when she noticed someone turn a corner but didn't think much of it, at least until the robotic beetle flew towards her.

"What's up?" The beetle started making weird sounds very quickly and then turned. Lemon was confused but followed it. When she went through one of the halls she spotted someone running at the end of it. She pulled out her phone just before seeing Sweetie Belle. "Oh crap." she said as she set a call with the all of the others. "Guys we have a problem!"

"What's the deal?" asked Vinyl.

"One of those Crusader girls is still in the school and she's chasing the Bugster." replied Lemon.

"WHAT?!" they asked surprised.

"Why would she be doing that?" asked Indigo.

"She might think she's chasing one of us." replied Sugarcoat.

"Hold on. I think I see something." said Sunset. "That's Sweetie Belle!"

"What?" asked the others.

"It looks like the Bugster's chasing her. Meet me front of the school. Sour you have to be the one to finish it."

"I know. Let's just get moving." said Sour.

At that Indigo opened the door to Luna's office.

"We've got the Bugster heading to the front of the school so you can take the back door out."

"Very well. Thank you for your help." Indigo nodded before she and Sugarcoat left.

Sweetie thought she'd seen one of Sunset's friends but was terrified when she caught up to the figure she'd tried to follow only to see it was a monster of some kind. She'd run into it and after she went out the nearest door which was the front entrance. She kept running until she tripped. The Bugster held up his weapon and launched a fireball at her. Sweetie's eyes widened as the world slowed down around her. All she could think of was how much regret she felt for what happened to Sunset. She closed her eyes expecting to either be in pain or feel nothing.

"Who are you?" asked Alhambra. Sweetie opened her eyes and saw Seikō Sword in front of her having blocked the fireball with the flat side of her weapon in sword mode. Sweetie mind went blank as she stared at the Rider in front of her.

"Who I am doesn't matter." replied Seikō. "You should be more worried about her." she added as Sour Sweet, who put on her Driver, along with the rest of their friends exited the front of the building.

"Now we can end this." she said pulling out her Gashat and activating it forming several chocolate blocks like before. "Henshin!" she called out inserting it causing the character select roulette to come out as she picked the one that stopped in front of her.

"Gashat! Let's Game! Metcha Game! Mutcha Game! Whatcha name?! I'm a Kamen Rider!" it called out as the portrait went on her and she transformed.

"Whoa. That's trippy." said Vinyl.

"Let's get serious." said Ex-Aid. "Dai Henshin!" she called out pushing the handle from the top revealing a screen which showed an image which resembled Ex-Aid to expand in front of her. She moved into it causing it to glow around her and vanish before she jumped.

"Mighty Jump! Mighty Kick! Mighty, Mighty Action X!" it sang as she did a jump pose followed by a kicking pose and finally a standing pose from which the white armor exploded leaving only the face plate of her level 1 from which her body seemed to expand revealing her in a magenta with black striped suit with neon green shoes, silver shin and knee armor, a smaller chest plate similar to the one she'd had before, black bands on her forearms with silver protectors behind her hands, green shoulder protectors, a helmet that looked like the original only sized properly for her.

She landed on one knee before standing up in a heroic pose with a fist in the air.

"Time to take out the boss." said Ex-Aid.

"Try it if you can." said Alhambra raising his staff causing several creatures with odd looking orange head to appear, most of which looked to be wearing brown hooded robes.

"Twilight. Lemon." called out Seikō causing the two to look at her. "Take care of the kid."

"Got it!" said Lemon as the two ran up to Sweetie and took her.

"Meteor Ready?"

"Stand by. Yes Sir!"

"Orange! Lock On!"

"Melon! Lock On!"

"Henshin!" called out the other five together.

"Soiya! Orange Arms! Hanamichi On Stage!"

"Soiya! Melon Arms! Tenka Gomen!"

"Henshin. Cast off! Change Beetle!"

"Loading! Tengan! Necrom! Mega Ulord! Crush Invader!"

The seven Riders nodded to each other understanding. Ex-Aid headed for Alhambra as the others took care of the small fry. She dodged a few fireballs before bringing out her Gashacon Breaker and pressing the A button causing the magenta part of come up and then extend into a blade. She threw her weapon in the air, drawing his attention, and then jumped towards him landing on his chest. She used him to bounce backwards, knocking him back and grabbing her weapon while was in the air while squatting as though she was gonna bounce off something before another chocolate block materialized at her feet allowing her to jump at Alhambra, who had gotten up, and fired a few fireballs. She took a few hits but was able to hit him and knock him down again, revealing her Rider Gauge going down go down four bars. Afterwards she pressed the B button twice and slashed Alhambra resulting in him being hit three times. Before her next strike she pressed it three times resulting him being hit four times. Alhambra countered by using a lightning spell which threw her back and stunned her. She struggled to stand but saw a chocolate block above her. She threw her weapon up breaking it and revealing a gray item which had the image of a person showing both biceps which spun and came down.

"Kaifuku!" called out the voice as her Rider Gauge regenerated and the stun effect ended. She charged at him again but this time she jumped over him and slashed the block behind him revealing a red coin which showed someone showing their right bicep.

"Muscle ka!" called out the voice as, for a moment, she became cartoonishly buff and returned to normal. She slashed him a few times and then kicked him knocking him back. After she took out the Gashat from her Driver. "Gashun!" Then she inserted it into the slot on her side with the button. "Gashatto!" it called out before she pressed the button. "Kimewaza!" it called out as it began charging and colorful electrified energy began focusing on her right foot. She bent her knee forward as though she were about to run and put her arm on it before pressing the button again. "Mighty Critical Strike!" it called out as she jump with her glowing foot forward landing a strike which showed the word hit but then back flipped in place striking again and kicking rapidly several times before using one of those kicks to backflip again and land the final kick which threw him back and showed the word Perfect just before he exploded. "Kaishin no Ippotsu!"

With Alhambra defeated the minions disappeared. Ex-Aid closed her Gamer Driver and pulled out her Gashat, undoing her transformation. The others undid their transformations as well and got together.

"Good work everyone." said Sour Sweet with a smile.

"That was a fun work out." said Indigo with a smirk.

"With this will Principal Celestia be okay?" asked Octavia.

"Yes. With this she'll be cured." said Sunset. She saw Twilight and Lemon looking around before giving them a thumbs up, telling them that things were taken care of. "We should head home. You parents will be worried since it's pretty lat." They started walking but Sweetie ran up to her.

"Sunset wait!"

Sunset merely kept walking.

"Please wait. I have to tell you something." Sweetie said.

"Fuck off."

"You shouldn't be mad at them." said Sweetie.

"Oh, I'm just as pissed at you and your little friends as I am at them. Just for different reasons. They toyed with me. You attacked me. As far as I'm concerned there's nothing more to be said." replied Sunset still not stopping.

"Please Sunset." said Sweetie getting closer just before Sunset swung her fist down and struck the sidewalk with her fist which had blood red lightning around it cracking it and leaving Sweetie terrified.

"Stay the fuck away from me." said Sunset before walking away.

The others had waited in case Sunset lost control but now that Sweetie stopped trying to follow her they sighed in relief.

"I'll see if I can get her to talk about this." said Sunny walking after Sunset. The others walked away leaving Sweetie who was trembling as she looked at Sunset and then down at the crack she'd just seen Sunset make with her bare fist. She silently began to sob.

"I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry." she whispered as she fell to her knees.

Author's Note:

Sour's Transformation - Ex-Aid

Gamer Driver and Gashat

Level 1 -

Level 2 -

Gashacon Breaker -

Bugster