• Published 22nd Nov 2016
  • 423 Views, 1 Comments

The orphan - BrittyFIM



The story from before the show. How Scootaloo became unable to fly, and what happend to her parents. How did she become the way she is today? It all started with an orphanage.

  • ...
 1
 423

Chapter 1

"Kid?" A voice called, echoing in Scootaloo's head. Her body felt numb and weak, and her back was hot and swollen. Her back was sore but a burst of coolness, ran down her spine relieving the pain. Her eyes opened to a bright light, shining down at her face. A large stallion with yellow fur and orange mane, looked down at her with a frown. He was wearing a blue coat and mask with small goggles over his eyes. "Kid?" He asked again. "Can you hear me? Blink twice for yes." Scootaloo managed two quick blinks in her drunken state. The cool sensation down her back stopped shortly. She felt her fur become clumped and stiff.

She could not turn her head more than ten degrees in any direction. Her eyes not being able to recognize anything not blocking the light. The stallion waved his hoof behind her head and she felt a small movement underneath her body. Her feeling slowly came back as she felt her side push up against 'a pillow?' Whatever she was resting on began moving, and the blinding light faded from view. She struggled to turn her head and saw a unicorn mare walking beside her. The mare's eyes focused on something far ahead, Scootaloo did not know what. She tried to speak, but no words came out.

The mare looked down at her with heavy eyes. Scootaloo shivered as she felt her "pillow" jolt upwards a small bit. A burning pain in her back forced her eyes to clench in pain. Her body was lifted and placed on another cushioned "something". She lifted her eyelids as much as she could to see the mare still standing over her, her hooves and horn working at the surface below Scootaloo. She managed to turn her head enough to see she was resting on a white bed. The mare saw her do this and urged her not to do this, instead she told her to rest. The problem was that Scootaloo couldn't. The pain in her back was too great.

Scootaloo's face became hot as she slowly recollected on the events she had seen not long prior to that moment. 'It was a dream' she thought 'It couldn't have been real. I must've fell trying to fly and... and I went unconscious. Now I'm at the hospital' She denied any way that it could be real. She knew it wasn't, but a voice in the back of her head said otherwise. That small voice, she heard through a crowd of others saying different. 'It just, can't'

The mare standing beside her bed soon walked away, leaving Scootaloo alone with the pain. She still could not speak and she could barely move. The lights in her room shut off not long after, leaving a faint glow of a machine in the corner, its lights shining and blinking. Somehow, Scootaloo fell asleep, the pain residing as she did so.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The room flooded with light. Scootaloo's eyelids opened to reveal a small black mare wandering about the room she was in. The room was small and had a window on Scootaloo's east. Her back was sore and felt like someone had hit her with a metal bat. She tried moving her wings but felt a sharp pain when she made the attempt. Her mouth made a small whimper noise, drawing the attention of the mare. The mare's eyes grew at the sight of the small orange filly, lying in the bed just ahead of her.

Scootaloo took a long look at this visitor. Her mane gleamed a bright violet, matching well with her black fur. Her eyes shown a light blue color, making them stand out a lot like her hair. She smiled at Scootaloo revealing her teeth as a sign of friendship. Scootaloo just stared blankly back at her. She felt almost traumatized, fore she had no idea what had occurred to need her be in the hospital, but she knew deep in her mind the big possibility.

The black mare spoke, her voice sounding like an elder trapped in an adults body. "Hello," she began. "Scootaloo...is it?" she asked the filly looking up at her. Scootaloo shook her head. "Okay." Her sentence paused right there for what seemed like minutes, then she began again. "You may not know me, Scootaloo, but my name is Sila Mocha. I am the, um, headmaster of the Equestrian orphanage out near canterlot." Scootaloo's heart shrunk. Her brain began to thump against her skull, and her breath began to catch. Her 'dream', it, couldn't be. "Do you know why I'm here?" She asked, a frown slowly making up her face. She saw the small filly's face contort as if she knew the reason.

Scootaloo raised her saddened eyes up to the mare. "Not really," she said, hoping it wasn't anything and the mare was just some psycho who thought this was funny.

"You're going to be staying with me for a while," Sila said with a sad expression on her face. "Your parents have passed on." Scootaloo's eyes grew red and dry, her mouth filling with saliva. She felt nauseous as she was told this. She tried to retaliate. She tried to say 'No! This is not true. I don't know who you are! Get out of my room!', but she knew it was true, and all that came out was a few blubbers and cries. She remembered everything the night before, memories flooding back to her. Sila held out a hoof and raised it up to Scootaloo's face. The young kid buried her face into her elder's arm, and began to cry.