• Published 22nd Nov 2016
  • 2,120 Views, 171 Comments

The CMC's Adventures in Radiator Springs - Timelordderpy



When the CMC decide to go to the castle library to do a little cutie mark research Sweetie Belle accidentally cast a spell that spends them to the human world of Cars

  • ...
7
 171
 2,120

Happy Father's Day

It’s Father’s Day in Radiator Spring and everyone’s celebrating it in their own way. Sally isn’t in town today, she’s visiting her dad for father’s day. Everyone’s going to be coming together at Flo’s Cafe for a Father’s Day dinner. But that’s not until later in the afternoon.

Lightning just finished getting dressed and was a little stressed because he doesn't have a clue on what to give Doc for Father’s Day. He wanted it to be something special he loves Doc as though he was his own dad.

“You ok bro?” Scootaloo stepped out of the bathroom fully dressed giving Lightning a concerned look.

“Yeah I’m fine. I’m just… it just… It’s father’s day and I want to get Doc something special. Something that show him how much I look up to him.”

He then started rambling off things that he thought of getting him. All were big and probable expensive. Scootaloo held her hands up to stop him from going on.

“Lightning! Bro. Relax. It’s doesn’t matter what you get Doc. He’ll love anything you give him. You don’t have to be so big with it. Just… Just write him a letter. Tell him how much you care about him and look up to him.”

He thought about it for a moment and smiled, telling Doc how much he cared and looked up to him as a father was the best gift he could ever give him.

“Thanks Scoots I’ll do that.”

Scootaloo smiled heading out leaving Lightning to work on his letter. The first few minutes weren’t going so well. He was having a tough time finding the right words to say. Another dozen crumpled papers later, Lightning just decided to write what his heart was telling him.

Dear Doc,
You have taught me so much and you have been there for me when I needed you most. I know that when I first came here I was a real pain in the butt and not the easiest guy to get along with. And that’s why I look up to you show much. You helped changed into the man I am today. You’re more than just a mentor to me Doc you’re a father.
Happy Father’s Day, Dad
I love you

He read over the letter and put it inside a father’s day card ready to give it to Doc locking the door behind him, he headed straight to Doc’s place knocking on the door it didn’t take long for Doc to answer.

“Hey kid what brings you here.”

“This.”

He held out the letter in front of Doc nervousness etched all over his face. Doc took the card from him and smiled.

“Ya didn’t have to.”

“Just look inside.”

Doc opened up the card to find a letter inside and read it tears forming inhis eyes. He looked at Lightning and then pulled him into a hug.

“Thank you son. I love you too.”

Over at the junkyard Mater was working on something very special for Sheriff. He set down the crayon looking over the picture he drew it was of him and Sheriff when he was a kid.

When Mater’s parents were killed by a robber Sheriff had adopted him in an instant with no second thought. Despite the fact that he wasn’t all that excited about living with a complete stranger. Sheriff never gave up on trying to help him and during time he really started warming up to him and then eventually started calling him dad.

Mater got up from his chair quickly and very excitedly heading for Sheriff’s office.

Knock Knock

“Come in Mater.”

“Hey there Pa!”

Mater didn’t waste anything wrapping his arm around Sheriff in a big hug.

“Happy Father’s Day!”

Mater pulled out the picture from his pocket and gave it to Sheriff. He looked at the picture and wiped away the tears from his eyes.

“Thank you son I love it.”

“I love ya pa.”

“Love you to son.”

At Sarge’s surplus store Applebloom was sitting in her room working on something special to give to Sarge. It wasn’t much but it was something that she did every year for her dad.

“Done.”

Applebloom looked at it smiling to herself heading out to give it to Sarge. He was cleaning off some shelves when Applebloom walked in.

“Howdy Sarge how’s it go’in?”

“I’m fine how about you?”

He turned around to face her and noticed she was hiding something he smirk at her.

“What’s that you have behind your back?” Applebloom smiled at him.

“First close ya eyes.” he was about to ask why.

“Just close 'em.”

He did so and felt Applebloom take his hand and put something in it.

“Ok open them”

Sarge opened them and looked at what was in his hands. It was an origami horse he look at her confused.

“I know it ain’t much. But it's something that I did for ma pa, every year I would make one and take it to his grave. He was actually the one that taught me how to make it. It took forever to learn how to do it myself.

“Thank you Apple”...wait grave?

She stared at the floor tears forming in her eyes looking up at Sarge she smiled at him he returned the smile and bent down wrapping her in his arms.

“Thank you Applebloom. I love it.”

“I love you Sarge.” shocked at what was just said he hadn't expect that looking down to see her with tear filled eyes smiling at him he couldn't but start to cry himself.

Oh the heck with it! For once that hippie was right.

“I love you too”

Later in the evening everyone was at Flo’s Cafe enjoying a nice dinner. Today had been a great Father’s Day for everyone.