• Published 22nd Nov 2016
  • 2,120 Views, 171 Comments

The CMC's Adventures in Radiator Springs - Timelordderpy



When the CMC decide to go to the castle library to do a little cutie mark research Sweetie Belle accidentally cast a spell that spends them to the human world of Cars

  • ...
7
 171
 2,120

Witness Protection: Questions

It’s been a couple hours since the police and CSI arrived and everyone who were still in the pits had been ordered to stay until they were allowed to leave. They did the initial walk-through getting the overall feel of the crime scene and find out if anything was moved. Then they began to document everything, taking pictures, drawing sketches, and collecting all potential evidences, tagging, logging, and packeting it. They continued doing so for hours while the lead detective started over in the direction of the #95 tent.

Lightning was sitting in a chair still cradling Scootaloo who at the time was no longer crying but still held a tight grip on his jacket. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle were no different though Sweetie Belle had unintentionally fallen asleep. She shook every so often tightening her grip on Doc’s shirt each time, no doubt having a nightmare about what she and her friends just witnessed. Apple Bloom was the only one who’s face wasn’t currently buried in her father’s shirt. Tex, Strip, Cal, and Bobby stayed in their tent with them despite being ordered to go back to their own, they weren’t going to leave their friends like this.

Cal continued to stare at the girls as he did since they first came in screaming, the same feeling of sadness and fear for what they might have seen never left him. Even more so was the feeling of wanting to do something to help to cheer them up, at least just a little. He pondered for a moment about what to do and as he did his mind went back to something his parents always did for him whenever he was feeling sad, upset, or just having a bad day. They would always make him some hot chocolate and s’mores. He beamed at the thought, he couldn’t do the s’mores part but he could bring the girls some hot chocolate. There’s section of snack stands cut off from the others that are only for racers. The police had closed down all but one and to his luck it was the one that sells hot cocoa. Cal turned to his dad and whispered in his ear, Strip smiled at the thought and gave him the ok to go. Cal walked over to the officer guarding the tent and asked if he could go and get the girls their drinks. Luckily for him the officer was one of the nice ones and he called over another cop, a female, to escort him to the stand.

Just a few moments after they left the lead detective, Morgan Burns, stepped into the tent and Doc stood up from his chair still holding Sweetie Belle in one hand while shaking Morgan’s with the other.

“Mr. Hudson is it?”

“Yes that’s me.”

“My name is Morgan Burns, I’m the lead detective in charge of the case. I presume she is one of the witnesses.”

“Her name is Sweetie Belle, over there with Sarge is Apple Bloom and with Lightning is Scootaloo. And yes, unfortunately we believe they saw what happened. But neither had said a single word since and had been crying non stop till now. You’ll have to be patience with them, they’re still little girls and have never been in this kind of situation before.”

“Of course, do you think they’re up for at the least giving a description of the suspect?”

“Apple Bloom or Scootaloo maybe, but Sweetie Belle I’m sure will only start crying all over again. You can see she’s still shaking even in her sleep.”

And as if on cue Sweetie Belle shook again and let out a small whimper. Detective Burns stared at her for a moment than turned away from Doc.

“Alright, you can sit back down and I will try to talk with the other two.”

Detective Burns went over to Lightning and Scootaloo, Lightning didn’t look at him and was still whispering comforting words in Scootaloo’s ear.

“Mr. McQueen?”

“Yeah?” Lightning replied, though he seemed to have a bit of a attitude.

Detective Burns gave a mental sigh

Ok..Right away I’m already getting an attitude with this kid.

“Alright..Scootaloo is it? Do you think that she might be up for some questions?”

“Oh, I don’t know what do you think? A little girl that had just watched someone get Shot! And now is being asked to talk about the man she’d just seen shoot a guy. Oh yeah. Great way to help with the trama she’s already dealing with. It’s not like she’s gonna start freakin out again and gettin all upset. No of course not.” Lightning retorted with complete sarcasm.

Burns took a deep breath and decided to give Apple Bloom a try. He stood in front of Sarge and before getting to the questions asked.

“Is there a reason I’m getting an attitude from him?”

Sarge signed and signaled over to Doc tilting his head in Lightning’s direction. Doc nodded and head over to his driver. At this time Cal had returned with the officer carrying a paper cup holder with three cups of hot chocolate. The officer had another one with three cups of coffee for the adults. Sweetie Belle had woken up when Doc moved from his spot to sit next to Lightning and all three girls took their cups, as did Doc and Sarge, Lightning doesn’t drink coffee so he refused. Sarge took a long drink than turned his attention back to the detective.

“I’m sorry about that Detective, he just gets really defensive when it comes to Scootaloo.”

“Nevermind that.”

Burns took a seat across from them and turned his attention to Apple Bloom, he had to get at least something from one of these girls. He gave her a small smile.

“Apple Bloom is it? Think you might be up for a few questions?”

“..yeah..”

Apple Bloom replied in a hushed tone. Burns’ smile softened a bit and he pulled out a pen a notepad from his pocket.

“Whenever you’re ready.”

Apple Bloom started from when they first bumped into the guy to see him with the gun. She was hesitant and shaky during that part. Burns wrote down every bit of information.

“Can you give me a description of the man?”

“Um...He looked about the same age as Lightning, he had short black hair, green eyes...he was wearing black jeans, blue sneakers, a pale blue shirt, and a black leather jacket.”

Burns wrote down the description and continued with the questions.

“Is there anything else you remembered about what happened? Any more details you may have missed or forgot?”

Apple Bloom took another sip of her hot chocolate and thought about what she might have missed.

“Hmm..um..Oh! He had a kid with him.”

Burns looked up from his notepad an intrigued look on his face.

“A kid? And can you describe the kid?”

“Um...He looked our age..um..he had spiky black hair, blue shirt and jeans..black jacket and tennis shoes, and blue and gray armbands and dark eyes...and that’s it I think.”

“And was he Caucasian or African?”

The girls were still a bit confused about that part of the human world. But Apple Bloom went back to what little they currently know about it.

“Umm..African..” I think

Burns wrote it down and stood up from his chair.

“Thank you, that will be enough questions for now. Sir I will need you phone number if I’m in need of any more information.”

Sarge gave the detective his and Doc’s as well as Sheriff’s phone numbers and Burns left the tent, leaving the group to themselves.

Back in the hideout,

“Did you put him with the other one?” Vexx asked as he watched Darren walk through the front door.

“Yeah yeah I put the little brat with the other one.” Darren retorted, Vexx glared at him.

“What part of “No guns” do you not understand?”

Darren’s eye twitched and Vexx raised a hand.

“Forget it for now we’ll talk about it later. Now just go and change out of that disguise.”

“Whatever.” and Darren headed to the bathroom.

He washed the dye out of his hair and removed his contacts…