• Published 22nd Nov 2016
  • 2,138 Views, 173 Comments

The CMC's Adventures in Radiator Springs - Timelordderpy



When the CMC decide to go to the castle library to do a little cutie mark research Sweetie Belle accidentally cast a spell that spends them to the human world of Cars

  • ...
7
 173
 2,138

Valentine's Day

Morning in Radiator Springs, the girls walked around town to see everything decorated with hearts. They didn’t need to ask anyone to know what day it is they had a pretty idea of what it was. Stepping inside the cafe to find Sally sitting at one of the tables eating a heart shaped cookie Bulk was under the table eating a heart biscuit. Every once in a while Flo would allow Bulk inside for a bit, but too often. Sally waved to them and they went to sit with her, Bulk immediately jumped on Sweetie Belle’s lap and she proceeded to scratch his head. Applebloom didn’t waste any time asking..

“So what do ya’ll call this day? I take it ain’t called Hearts and Hooves Day.”

“Nope. Valentine’s Day...and from the sound of it I’m guessing there’s not not much we need to explain to you girls.”

“Unless this ain’t a day dedicated to love.”

Sally just nodded since it was clear she didn’t need to say anything else. Then Sweetie Belle leaned in a little closer.

“Sooo...Do you have any plans with your very special somepony?”

Sally giggled a little at the question and the fact that she missed correcting herself with “somepony” to “someone”.

“Not sure yet. Stickers said he had a surprise for us after his morning training.”

“Ehehe. Before Stickers came to town Mater tried to urge me to go cow honking with him as his idea of a romantic date. What about you girls? Have any interesting Hearts and Hooves Day stories.”

“Oh! There’s this one time we accidently gave a love po- mffhh mffffhffhhh-”

Scootaloo immediately put a hand over her mouth.

“Wait! A love what?”

“NOTHING!” both girls yelped putting on a couple not too very convincing smiles

“Ok. Now I need to know.” giving the girls her complete attention.

“Sigh Might as well tell her the rest.” Applebloom slumped and Scootaloo removed her hand

“OK. So it started at school after we made our teacher Miss Cheerilee a card and we asked her what gifts she got from her special somepony and she said she didn’t have one! And we made it our mission to find her the very best special somepony. So we searched all around Ponyville until we found Applebloom’s big brother Big Mac who didn’t have a special somepony either. And decided to set them up on a date hoping they would get together..but it didn’t work...Sooo we thought it would be a..good idea to...eheh use a love potion on them…”

Sally just gave them a look that made all three girls’ faces burn red with embarrassment.

“And it turned out just as you’d expect. The love potion was actually a love poison and it made them literally crazy and obsessed with each other. And the only way for us to fix it and break the spell was to keep them separated for the whole day...And let’s just say things ended up with Miss Cheerilee wearing a veil and stuck in a giant hole with Big Mac.”

“Heh Sounds like you girls didn’t think that through very well.” Sally smirked at them as they tried to hide their embarrassment.

A couple hours later Lightning showed up to take Sally on their surprise date. He told her to close her eyes, curious she did so and he lead her away. They walked for a bit until they came to a stop and Sally could feel Lightning turn her away from him.

“Ok open your eyes.”

She did and her eyes went wide with surprise.

They were at Willy’s Butte, a beautiful Lady and the Tramp style picnic was sitting in front of them. There were spaghetti, fruit, sparkling cider, and an assortment of heart shaped treats. A mix of candles and lanterns, a small bouquet of pink roses sitting in a simple vase. But what really made her tear up was the music playing on a speaker, it was beautiful and like nothing she had ever heard.

“So? Do you like it?” Lightning smiled at her wiping away her tears and she wrapped her arms around him.

“It’s beautiful. Thank you.”

They pulled apart and he lead her over to the blanket, they sat down and ate, at first staying quiet just enjoying each other’s company, then talked for a bit, Sally even told him the girls’ story and he just laughed at the whole thing.

After a while Lightning turned back to look at Sally

“So Sally I‘ve got another surprise for you…” He nervously reached behind him and that’s when she first noticed a rather large case sitting behind him… “Just..don’t tell the others.”

It wasn’t just any case, it was a guitar case! “I wasn’t sure if the guys would make fun of me or not if they found out I could play. Mater definitely would have.”

She just smiled scooting closer closing her eyes and leaning against his shoulder, relaxing a little he held the guitar and began to strum...

And of course it was her favorite song Rascal Flatts’ Bless The Broken Road

And he sang in the most beautiful voice imaginable the words seem to move with the wind filling the air like a sweet sweet melody.

“Happy Valentine’s Day Sal, I love you.”

“I love you too.”

And they shared a sweet passionate kiss.

Author's Note:

Sorry this one's late and if you want to see the version with Lightning actually singing the lyrics you can go to either my DeviantArt, FanFiction, or Wattpad.
(I also suggest for the best experience play the song while reading along.)