• Published 22nd Nov 2016
  • 2,130 Views, 173 Comments

The CMC's Adventures in Radiator Springs - Timelordderpy



When the CMC decide to go to the castle library to do a little cutie mark research Sweetie Belle accidentally cast a spell that spends them to the human world of Cars

  • ...
7
 173
 2,130

Witness Protection: The Kidnapping

Somewhere out in a forest, inside an old cabin three men were lounging around waiting for their boss to come out with the details of their next assignment.

Vexx’s POV

I was sitting at my desk staring at my computer screen, the man on the side smiled back at me.

“I am correct to assume that your efforts have not been in vain.” he said.

I smiled back at him “Of course Panther. We already have two of them now and are preparing to retrieve the last one.”

“Excellent. I expect my package to be delivered as scheduled.”

“If things go smoothly you’ll get it sooner than expected.”

“Well done. I look forward to seeing you...however it is unfortunate for me to say that my boss requires three more.”

I hadn’t expected an increase in the number

“I can probably make that happen but I’ll need to increase the amount. Retrieving three more before the due date will involve extra work. Will that be a problem?”

“Heh of course not I expect you to be as successful as you were with the first two.”

“What are you looking for in these three?”

“Female same age department as the first three-” he continued on as I listened intently writing down every detail. Once our conversation ended I shutdown my computer and headed out to inform the rest of my crew.

“You’re saying we have to do more work! Augh!” Zeph leaned his head back against the chair groaning. Zeph Winter is strongest one in my crew. 6ft, heavy built, with deep brown eyes, shaved head, and tattoos covering 80% of his body. One look from him and people run away in fear.

“We better be getting paid extra for this.” My second crew man Charles Thornton sat at the table giving me a look that says “We’d better be. Or else”. Charles is the brains of my crew he’s the one who locates merchandise best fitting our clients’ request.

“We are.” I kept a straight face

“So what does he want now?” Darren asked a slight annoyance in his voice. Being the youngest of the crew means nothing to us. Darren Hallewell is that one guy you do not want to meet in a dark ally. With a frightening personality, most of the time he’s calm and content. But never let that fool you. Darren can very easily charm anyone to follow him no matter who they are, be it child, teen, or adult. Which is why I made him one who “retrieves packages” and delivers them to the clients. But when someone says or does anything to anger him, He. Will. Lose It. Darren has an insanely bad temper and we all know best not to tempt him.

“Three, female, same age department as the others. Those are the primary details I will go over the rest tomorrow when we get to the raceway-“

“Wow wow wow wait a minute!” Charles intervened raising both hands in the air. “Did you just say “raceway”?”

“Yes I did. And if I may continue..” I cleared my throat “Somehow our next target managed to get pit and garage passes. Panther had already acquired the passes that we will need to get in. So get some sleep, we’re leaving first thing in the morning.”

The next day

“Ok Darren do you understand the plan?” I gave him the earpiece and he hid it under his hair and jacket.

“Yeah yeah I get it.” he jumped out the car before I say anymore

Darren’s POV

I entered the pit rows showing the guards my pass walking around scanning the area. Stopping to eat and talking to other people eliminating any suspicion.

“Ouf!”

I turned around to see a little girl with a beanie lying on the ground rubbing her head. I reached out an arm pulling her to her feet.

“Thanks man! And sorry about that we’re trying to get to the snack stands before the lines get too long.”

“Hey don’t worry about it kid. No harm done.” I pointed to the empty stands “And I don’t think you’ll have to worry about a line.”

She and her two friends headed over and I went back to walking about.

Darren come in! We need an update have you found the target?

I scratched my neck “No not yet. Give me a break man I’ve only been here for a couple hours. The racers haven’t even gotten on the track yet.”

(Sigh) Fine keep looking.

“Ugh he’s so annoying. This things aren’t as easy as he thinks they are” I mumbled under my breath casually looking around.

Another half hour later and the racers were in the pits getting ready to start. I headed over to a section pits, turning my attention the #95 one, I spotted the same three girls that bumped into me earlier. The beanie girl noticed me and waved as did a man wearing a US veterans cap. I raised a hand in acknowledgment and turned back to watch the other racers.

Ok this is getting ridiculous! I internally screamed. The race had ended and it was almost time for everyone to start exiting the pits. I stretched both arms behind my neck.

Hey Vexx!

Darren please tell me you’ve found him.

I been here all day and this kid is nowhere to be seen. Are sure he’s here?

Yes I am. Just keep looking until they tell you to leave. If you don’t find him I will contact the client and inform him the target could not be located-

Wait! What did you say the kid looked like again?

I stopped him looking toward the garages seeing a kid that matched Vexx’s description to a T. I gave it to him and he confirmed that he was the one.

Alright I’m going in.

He was by himself and looked a little nervous I headed over to the kid and bent down in front of him.

“Hey kid you ok? You look a little lost.” I gave him a small smile keeping a good distant between us. The kid looked up at me looking really upset.

“I am.”

“Where are your parents?”

“I’m here with my dad. I wanted to get an autograph from my favorite racer and went over to his tent...I got the autograph but when I came back my dad was gone. I been looking for him for-”

He paused trying not to cry “I don’t even know how long.”

“Do you have a phone or know your dad’s number?”

The kid shook his head. That’s the answer I was hoping for.

“Can you describe him?”

The kid gave me his dad’s description and I stood up held out a hand to him.

“Alright kid let’s go find your dad?”

He was cautious at first but took my hand and I led him out the now close food stands.

“What’s your name kid?”

“Drew. Drew Marshall.”

“Jake Nash.” One of many fake names I use when dealing with kids.

To keep Drew calm and not suspicious I walked around pretending to look for his dad. After about some time with no sign of him. I turned back to Drew and bent down.

“Well kid it doesn’t look like we’re getting anywhere on our own. I would call the police for help but my phone’s dead and I left the charger in my car. If it’s alright with you you can come along and we can give them call. Because I really don’t feel comfortable about leaving you here by yourself.”

Drew was a bit hesitant at first but in the end just said “Ok.”

“Good. Now let’s go-”

“Hey! Just where do you think you’re going with that kid?!”

Crud!

I turned around to see a guy standing behind me in front of one of the tents. He was giving me a nasty glare and began walking toward us stopping a few feet in front of me. I swallowed a lump in my throat and put on a smile.

“Excuse me sir I think you misunderstood. You see I’m just trying to help this kid find his dad.”

I tried to keep calm but I was really getting irritated. He bent down in front of Drew and started talking to him asking him the same questions I did. It was making me even more annoyed and angry. Then he went ahead and asked Drew if he wanted him to take him to the security office. I immediately grabbed Drew’s arm squeezing it so tight the kid began to struggle a bit.

“Sir I’ve got this taken care of. You can go now.” I tried to keep calm but I was clenching my teeth this guy was really getting on my last nerves. But then he stood up and got in my face.

“I don’t know who you are. But I do know that there’s something about you I don’t trust. Either you let the kid go or I call the cops and have you arrested for kidnapping.”

That’s it! I pulled out my gun and pulled the trigger a loud bang rang out through the air. At that moment the kid was struggling hard to pull away from me but I kept a tight grip on his arm. I saw the kid was about to scream so I pulled him up and covered his mouth. There was still a scream but it didn’t come from the kid. I turned around to see those same three girls from earlier standing at a corner they turned and ran as soon we made eye contact.

Vixx screamed at me through the earpiece Damn it! Darren I told you no guns! Get back to the car now!

I grabbing the kid and ran away quick as I could. I got to the car and jumped in with the kid still skimming.

“The hell were you thinking Darren!” Zeph screamed

“Shut up and drive!”

Vexx slammed on the gas and the car sped forward

“You had one thing to do Darren! One thing! How could you possible mess that up?!”

“Don’t get on me man! This guy figured me out! What else was I supposed to d- OUCH!!!”

The kid bit my hand causing me to lose my grip he then jumped out toward the door trying to jump out the window.

Drew’s POV

I bit down hard on the guy’s hand and he yanked his arm back screaming. I took my chance and jumped out door! Gripping the handle I pushed with all my weight hard against the door..but it’s locked. Thinking fast I started banging hard on the window screaming “HELP!!!” hoping a passerby would see me. The other two guys pulled me down while the other pulled back his seat. I kicked and swung my fist in every direction. Satisfied when my foot connected with Jake’s nose causing it to bleed. But then he grabbed my legs and the three of them pushed me into the trunk pushing the seat back into place. I banged my fist against the back screaming at the top of my lungs.

“LET ME OUT!!! LET ME OUT!!!”

I looked around it was pitch black and I couldn’t see a thing...then I remembered something I’d seen on the internet. It showed a girl that escaped from the trunk of a car by pulling...I started searching frantically patting every inch of interior trying to find that latch. When I reached the where the handle should be I froze in horror there was nothing there. Panicking I searched everywhere over and over again only to come back to that same spot. A horrible conclusion had registered in my mind and it made my whole body freeze right on the spot.

“They cut it…”

It was at this moment I realized that these men..they’re smart..very smart. They knew to cut the latch so no one could escape.

“..no..this can’t be happening..sniff..what do I do? I’m trapped in here..there’s no way out..sniff sniff..this is all my fault..I never should have gone off on my own..I never should have trusted that guy..I don’t even know what they’re going to to do with me..”

He killed that other guy so easily...A-Are they going to kill me too?..I want to go home.

“Please someone save me.”

Author's Note:

Ok so for some reason I always assume that when I need to do extra research on something things are going to take longer to do. But most of the time it doesn't. So yeah...