• Published 17th Nov 2016
  • 3,617 Views, 230 Comments

Little Stars - Shadowmane PX-41



The CMCs are now the Dazzlings. Oh joy...

  • ...
14
 230
 3,617

How to Act Like the Dazzlings, by Pinkamena Diane Pie

The Cutie Mark Crusaders walked down the hallway side-by-side, looking around for Pinkie Pie. They poked their heads into each of the different rooms along the corridors but couldn't find her anywhere. Despite this, they continued on, looking around the foyer and up on the second floor to seek her out.

There were even more students on the second floor, filling out the corridor and almost completely blocking it off. The three teenage girls weaved and crouched through the crowd as they looked around for Pinkie Pie. There were just as many rooms to examine on that floor, and the CMCs returned to opening them and peaking in to try and find her.

"Ugh! Where is she?!" Scootaloo groaned as they came out of another room. "You'd think Pinkie Pie would be easier to find."

"Yeah." Applebloom rubbed her forehead, wiping away some of the sweat that she had gathered. "It's not like Pinkie Pie to be hard to find." She looked down both ends of the corridor in another attempt to locate Pinkie Pie, but couldn't see her anywhere. "Then again; Canterlot High is pretty huge."

"Maybe she's at lunch with the other Rainbooms?" Sweetie Belle shrugged.

"If she is with Sunset and her friends, then that might make it hard for us to learn how to act like the Dazzlings." Scootaloo walked down the halls again. "C'mon, girls."

"Yeah! C'mon, girls! Let's go and find me!"

Scootaloo and her friends jumped when they heard the voice. They swivelled around on the heels of their feet and immediately saw Pinkie Pie looking at the three of them with a goofy and innocent smile.

"Pinkie! Don't startle us like that." Sweetie Belle calmed down and slowly walked over to her.

"Sorry, Sweetie Belle." Pinkie gently patted Sweetie Belle on the head. "I was just running over to Dashie's next class to tell her that she'd forgotten her backpack at lunch. I was going to return it to her, but then I bumped into the three of you, and wouldn't you know it, you were looking for me." She slid up behind the girls and pulled them all into a tight hug. "So, what are you doing out here anyway?"

"I'd... love to tell you, but... you're kinda crushing my throat." Applebloom's face started to turn blue as she struggled to catch her breath.

"Oh! Sorry!" Pinkie dropped the girls immediately and let them reclaim their breaths.

"Since you're gonna give Rainbow Dash's bag back, we're not gonna keep you long." Scootaloo stood back up and brushed her t-shirt down. "The Fall Formal is coming up and we were going to cosplay to try and win the crown."

"Ooh! You're gonna be in the contest too? That's great!" Pinkie bounced up and down. "I mean, the Fall Formal's great without all of that weird magic-stuff. Take it from me, you three are gonna love it!"

"Pinkie? Can we just stay on track here?" Applebloom cocked a brow.

"Sure. What are you three gonna cosplay as?" Pinkie Pie pulled out a notepad and pencil.

"Well, we're actually going to cosplay as someone that you and the other girls don't really like that much." Sweetie Belle looked down and rubbed at the ground with the tips of her shoes.

"Who? Gilda? Principal Cinch? That pizza delivery guy who got me hawaiian instead of a pepperoni and double cheese pizza? God, I hate that guy!" Pinkie's brows furrowed before she looked back at the girls. "Sorry. Sorry. Go on."

"Actually... we're going to cosplay as the Dazzlings from CHS's Battle of the Bands." Scootaloo stepped forward.

"WHAT?!" Pinkie lurched backwards at Scootaloo's remark and dropped both her and Rainbow Dash's backpacks. "You're going to cosplay as three evil, yet attractive sirens who almost tore this whole world apart just to feed on everyone's hatred and hostility?!" There was a short silence between her and the girls. "Girls... That's a great idea!"

"We knew you and the girls would've been angry over it. We just wanted to—" Sweetie Belle's eyes shot open when the realization struck her "—what? You're OK with it? For real?"

"Yeah. For realsies." Pinkie Pie gave the girls another smile. "Speaking of realsies, that's kinda one of the things that Sonata says whenever I go to see her at the local gym. Sure, she's a mortal magic-less being now, but that doesn't mean that she and I can't be besties." She yanked out her phone and showed a picture of her and Sonata Dusk hanging out together. "I mean, look at her. She's freakin' adorable!"

"You're not gonna tell the others, right?" Applebloom came up to Pinkie Pie and held her hand. "I don't want Applejack or the others to get angry at me just 'cause I'm cosplaying as one of the Dazzlings."

"A secret cosplay, eh?" Pinkie kneeled down and lowered her eyelids, nudging on Scootaloo's shoulders. "I'm sure that I could keep it a secret."

"Do you Pinkie Promise?" Sweetie Belle and the other Crusaders came up to Pinkie, fluttered their eyelids, and looked up at her.

"Cross me heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." Pinkie Pie recited her Pinkie Promise perfectly and even pulled a cupcake out of her back and put it into her right eye for good measure.

"Good." Applebloom nodded. "You won't go breaking that promise, though, right?"

"I abso-tiva-lutely promise that I will not tell anyone else that you're cosplaying as the Dazzlings!" Pinkie put her hand to her chest and closed her eyes, smiling proudly. "Because I know that breaking a Pinkie Promise is the fastest way to lose a friend..." She got up in the girls' faces. "Forever!"

"Oookay." Sweetie Belle tugged at her collar as Pinkie Pie stood back upright. "So... tell us what you know, Pinkie Pie."

"Well, judging from how they acted in the Battle of the Bands, I think it's safe to say that the Dazzlings quarrel just as much as any sisters do." Pinkie Pie wrote it down on her notepad. "Despite how perfectly in sync they are and how good their singing is, their key weakness is that they often can't get along with themselves. The most common example is how that purple-haired girl always has it out for poor little Sonata."

"She's called Aria Blaze, Pinkie." Scootaloo nodded. "I happened to grab their names at the contest."

"Alright, then. So Aria Blaze is often calling Sonata out for how free-spirited she is." Pinkie Pie continued to scribble on her pad. "Despite how capable Sonata is, she's just as goofy as I am and often gushes over tacos. And it's just that sort of attitude that riles of Aria ninety-nine percent of the time."

"I think we could handle that." Sweetie Belle looked over at Scootaloo and put her hand on her friend's shoulder. "Whenever I correct Scootaloo on a pronunciation or math problem, she always calls me out on it."

"It's not my fault that I'm not supposed to know algebra or how to spell 'enzyme'!" Scootaloo threw her hands towards Sweetie Belle. "We're still just freshmen here at Canterlot High and we've still got a lot to learn."

"It doesn't help that Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon are on the top of their class every time." Applebloom tipped her hand. "Despite their grades, wealth, and how much more smart they are, they still have to gloat to us whenever they outdo us!" she scoffed. "Seriously, I think something's wrong with the two of them."

"Yeah. With all of their success, it's a wonder why Principal Cinch didn't enroll them at Crystal Prep instead." Scootaloo scratched her chin.

"Oh she did invite them, but they couldn't deal with the dress code and came to CHS instead." Sweetie Belle nodded and turned back at Pinkie Pie. "But we're going off-track here. Please tell us more about the Dazzlings, Pinkie."

"Well, you know about Sonata Dusk and Aria Blaze, but the main Dazzling is the one with the golden hair; Adagio Dazzle." Pinkie Pie showed a portrait of Adagio on her phone. "She's the big kahuna of the group. Out of the three of them, Adagio is the most level-headed of the group."

"So she's the leader?" Applebloom tilted her head.

"Yeah. Adagio always keeps Aria and Sonata in line effortlessly. Heck, she treats them like how Mrs. Cake does me and the Cake Twins whenever we misbehave." Pinkie Pie rubbed her butt. "I'm still never gonna get over how painful her spankies are..."

"So let me see if I've got all of this right." Applebloom looked at what Pinkie Pie had written down on her notepad, ignoring the childish doodles and cartoonish creatures that she had written. "Adagio Dazzle is the leader of the Dazzlings, Sonata Dusk and Aria Blaze are arguing the most, but they're still a strong group?"

"Yep. And one last thing." Pinkie leaned into the girls' ears and whispered, "They wore these little things around their necks that sucked up hatred and negativity. Kinda like a little vacuum cleaner but for green fart mist..." She stood back up and looked at the girls' blank faces in response to that sentence. "Well, that's all that I've got to tell you for now. I really have to get Dashie's backpack back to her." Pinkie scooped up both backpacks as the bell rang. "You should get to class too. Ms. Harshwhinny's pretty tough on punctuality. Bye!" And with that, she ran off, taking back the notepad and pen that she had used.

"Bye, Pinkie!" The CMCs all chorused together, waving Pinkie Pie off as they went to their next class as well.

"Alright, Crusaders. We've got one of the parts of our act done." Scootaloo pulled out her phone, opened up a sticky note application, tapped on one of the notes, and drew a tick on the checkbox labelled, "Acting like the Dazzlings."

"I still can't believe that Pinkie Pie was so co-operative." Applebloom turned her head to the others. "I seriously thought that as soon as we mentioned the Dazzlings, she would just walk away immediately."

"She's Pinkie Pie, Applebloom." Scootaloo put her hands behind her head as she walked. "Out of all of the Rainbooms, Pinkie Pie is the most... how should I say it? Gullible of the girls?"

"Yep." Applebloom crossed her arms. "That's pretty much it. The mere mention of candy, cake, or cosplays, and she just completely drops her guard. Sometimes, I'll never understand her."

"Let's not think too much about it now, girls. We got one of the parts down, and that's all that matters." Sweetie Belle put her hands on the shoulders of her friends. "Now that we've got the act, we need some clothes that look similar or at least close to what the Dazzlings actually wear." She grinned. "I'm sure that I could have Rarity fashion some up for us."

"You sure she'll be as helpful as Pinkie Pie?" Scootaloo raised a brow at Sweetie Belle. "She might be obsessed with fashion nowadays, but she's still gonna hold a deep grudge with the Dazzlings, just like how Rainbow Dash and the others do."

"I already told Pinkie Pie that it was a secret. Now we just need to make sure that Rarity doesn't find out about who we're cosplaying as." Sweetie Belle briefly cast her gaze on Scootaloo.

"But how are we gonna do that?" Applebloom asked. "We have the Dazzlings wearing their clothes, but we can't show the pictures to Rarity. She'd freak out big time!"

"Don't worry, girls." Sweetie Belle took a deep breath and exhaled smoothly. "I got this."

Author's Note:

Did you know that I take writing commissions as well as story editing? You yourself can have one of your stories edited, or have me write one especially for you!

Just send me a PM and we can work out the details together. You can show me a picture and I'll write what I can based on the picture, or give me an idea that I could fashion with a simple prompt. Anything's possible, really.

Be sure up upvote, favourite, comment, follow, and basically just spread the word if you're enjoying this story so far. I actually work much faster if I get lots and lots of feedback from you all. It just lets me know you're enjoying it and it motivates me to make more.

But regardless, have a nice day, and I'll talk to you guys and gals later.