• Published 20th Nov 2016
  • 1,740 Views, 26 Comments

Love is a Battlefield - VioletPony



Rainbow Dash meets a mare named Pinkamena, and slowly falls in love with her.

  • ...
1
 26
 1,740

Chapter 1 - War Has Begun

War. It happened so fast. When King Sombra returned, everypony went into a panic. He forced all of the Crystal Ponies to become his slaves. Then brain-washed them to fight against all of the others. Unicorns, Pegasi, Earth Ponies and even all of the Princesses. Sombra first declared war on the Crystal Empire. Then, when he took it over, he declared war on all of Equestria. Soon, war was declared. And all of the ponies in Equestria had to help in some way, shape, or form with the cause. Some helped by joining the war as soldiers or flyers, making food for the soldiers and/or others, making clothes, taking care of animals etc. And its takes the help of everypony.

If we want to win this war, we have to do it together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rainbow Dash had been working as a soldier/flyer for only a couple of weeks or so. But she already felt like she'd been there for half a year or so. Sure, she kind of like how they pushed her do her best and only her best. But that had gotten boring.

They haven't gone into battle yet, and Rainbow Dash was hoping that they would soon, or she was going to die before she even got into the battle, from boredom that is.

Rainbow Dash sighed. She had just finished help loading some of the supplies to help for the war. Mostly food and clothing. She just wanted to stop loading supplies and get into battle already. But she had to do what the Princesses ordered them what to do and when to do it. And right now, it was caring supplies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rainbow had been helping loading supplies for the past hour now, and she was getting tired of it. She was hoping for a miracle to come and get her out of this hell-hole.

"Ok everyone!" A blue coated stallion yelled, making everypony face him and pay attention, including Rainbow Dash.

"I need somepony to take care of four new recruits! They're going to train to become soldiers!"

Oh thank Celestia Dash thought. It must be my lucky day!
Everypony groaned, except Rainbow Dash. For almost everypony hated training new recruits. Why? Well it was like they had to go back to the test that they probably barely completed. That would be like doing some really hard homework assignment and then teaching it to the rest of the class. And nopony wanted to do that. Plus, sometimes the ponies would be annoying or not at all trying.

And almost everypony hated it.

Everypony except Rainbow Dash. She thought of it as if she was the boss, and she would be training a new employee. Besides, she got to show them an example on how to do it. And she loved showing off. So she obviously wanted to be the one to do this.

"I'll do it!" Rainbow Dash shouted over to the stallion. Flying above to reveal to him that she was, yet again, willing to do this.

"You know, you are ALWAYS willing to help new comers Ms. Dash. I appreciate that." The stallion said with his deep voice in a more calming tone than usual.

"Now, GET TO IT!" He then shouted while before saluting.

Rainbow Dash saluted back, smiling. She then dashed off to where she would meet the 4 new ponies she would help train.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dash saw 4 mares sitting, waiting for their instructor. One had a gray coat with a darker gray mane and lighter gray streams with purple eyes, another had grayish purple fur with a light gray mane with yellow eyes, the next one had a purple mane with a gray coat and blue-green eyes.

But the last one was the most noticeable and didn't look at all like the rest. She had bright blue eyes with pink fur and a darker pink mane. The only thing she really had in common with the rest was that her was straight.

Whoa, she's pretty. Dash thought, before flying down towards the 4 mares.

"Welcome!" She said, "you ready to help defend Equestria!?" Dash said, hoping to hipe them up. "YEAH!" The pink mare and the yellow eyed mare yelled. They other 2 didn't say anything, one looked very nervous and scared, and the other seemed to have no emotion.

"So, what are your all's names?"

"My name's Limestone!" The gray-purple fur with the yellow eyes shouted.

"I'm Maud." Said the one with the purple mane and blue-green eyes, with no emotion.

"M...Marble." The one with a gray coat with purple eyes quietly spoke.

"And I'm Pinkamena." Said the one with the bright blue eyes with pink fur. She was almost smiling.

"Nice to meet you all, my name is Rainbow Daring Dash. But, you can just call me Rainbow Dash." Dash smiled. "Now, let's get to training!" Dash then flew towards the training grounds. And showed them the first obstacle.

"This first one's the easiest! All you have you have to do is jump threw the tires!" Dash explained. There were 20 tires lined up in a row.

"Sounds easy enough!" Limestone said, "and I wanna go first!" She finished, looking pretty confident.

Rainbow grabbed her time watch and was getting ready to start it. "Just tell me when you're ready."

Limestone positioned herself in-front of the tires, "Ready!" She shouted. "Ok...and..GO!"

Limestone leaped into the tires one-by-one. She didn't do it as fast as Rainbow did on her first day of training of course, but nopony could top The Dash. As soon as Limestone was finished Dash stopped the time watch.

"5.65 seconds. No bad Limestone, good work." Dash congratulated her. Limestone just smiled and walked away. She then sat down in a chair not to far from the 1st course, so she could see how her sisters do.

"Who's next?" Dash spoke with excitement, but Maud had no expression still, Pinkamena was looking away with darker pink cheeks, and Marble was hiding behind Pinkamena.

"I'll go." Maud finally spoke. See may show barely any emotion but she knew when things got awkward, so she spoke up. Maud then positioned herself in-front of them.

"Okay...GO!" Dash started the timer as Maud then jumped into the tires one at a time, only a bit faster than Limestone.

"Done." She said, still with no emotion. Rainbow Dash was a bit shocked.

"Wow. 4.33 seconds. Very good." Maud just nodded, though Rainbow could swore she saw a tiny little smile appear. "Ok, who's next?"

"Oh come ON already Marble!" Limestone spoke, "its either now! Or never!" Marble sighed, "Y-you're right." Marble quietly spoke before finally positioning herself in-front of the course.

"Ready...set...GO!" The timer was now counting as Marble tried leaping into the tires, which she did ok at, if you don't count falling on your face and knocking some of the tires out of place. Marble then quickly trotted over to where the tires end.

"21.38 seconds....uh....good try?" Was the only thing that Dash could say. Marble stared at the floor, looking quite embarrassed. Rainbow felt bad for Marble, she knew that she was probably trying her hardest. But it looks as if right now that she probably wont get in unless she steps up her game.

"Alright your next. Pinkamena, right?" Dash asked.

"Yup, that's me!" Pinkamena smiled. It was now finally her turn. This might be my chance Pinkamena thought. She than cleared her mind and focused on the course.

"Ok, ready...set...GO!" The time started, Pinkamena bounced like a bunny in a matter of no time. Before Dash knew it, the pink mare was in-front of her. "So? How'd I do!?" She asked with excitement. Rainbow Dash was stunned, never in her time that she has been here has seen an earth pony, or anypony for that matter, be that fast and flexibility on the first course. Let alone the first DAY.

"2-2 seconds flat." Dash spoke, still not believing the words coming out of her mouth.

Pinkamena gasped, "Really!?!" She yelled surprised as well, "2 seconds FLAT!" "Y-yup.." Dash reassured.

As the other sisters where congratulating her, Dash was feeling a beating in her chest, and she was sweating. Why am I sweating!? Dash asked herself. Its not like im nervous of anything? Right?!

Author's Note:

YAY! NEW FANFICTION!

I would love some feedback so far! And please try not to be rude (Helpful suggestions are fine though :twilightsmile: )

(UPDATE: Made Dash introduce herself, cuz I forgot XD)

Comments ( 26 )

Surprisingly very interesting usually I am not much interested in soldier style mlp stories but this is making an interesting turning point. As for helpful information I myself am only a amateur not much I can give you. But as a reader I was hoping for a slightly longer chapter with more character interaction added in as an opinion of course. I love the Rainbow Dash you portray for she is natural at being a coach so her training recruits is quite befitting. Pinkie flat maned usually reminds me when she is either psycho or depressed so her being cheerful *which I adore about her* while flat maned leaves me surprised but not a bad thing just something different of course. I don't know if you intend to portray much of Sombra but I was hoping for a little bit of backstory on the why King Sombra wants to rule *the world/Equestria* and his reason's for being a conqueror. I realized I just made a big speech while not giving you much information I do apologize I am certain gonna be tracking this story cause it caught my readers eye. Thank you for your time and effort in writing.

7737062

I really appreciate the feedback! And yeah, I myself would have made the chapter longer, but I sadly didn't have time,
because stuff :ajsleepy: And yes! I love Pinkie with a flat mane and being all cute and sane ( Well as sane as Pinkie Pie can get :pinkiehappy: )

Also, I like the idea you had about putting more background info into Sombra. And I well shed more light on that later in the story. :pinkiesmile:

Thank you for commenting on my fanfic! It makes me feel very happy, have a great day! :raritywink:

Man I love this already. Normally I would be pissed anypony was faster than the Dash, but let's face it. Pinkie Pir defies the laws of physics 24/7. :rainbowlaugh:
This is really cool. Keep it going.:pinkiesmile:
(You don't have to have long chapters. I don't get why everypony loves them sooo much.):ajbemused:

YAY! More!!

7737189

Thanks! I really appreciate it! :pinkiehappy:

I am a big fan of PinkieDash so this already had me happy about that. I think you have an interesting premise and I think you did a good job setting up this scene of Dash training with all the Pies. I think you should continue that. It isn't true yet but pace out Dash liking Pinkie to how long you want the story. To me this seems like a slow burn type of story though slow is relative to the length you are planning to do.

Hello, I really enjoy your story and I cannot wait for more. :pinkiesmile:
But the cover art you used for your story is mine and I'd appreciate it if you'd credit me (ArtyPaints). Thanks!
:raritywink:

7738955

Oh cool! Of course I'll credit you! And I made so when you click on the picture it shows the source.

Thank you for the comment! :raritywink:

7737452

Thanks! And yes, this fanfic will go a bit slower and Dash will slowly become more lovestruck over time :rainbowderp:

Thanks for the comment! :pinkiehappy:

*Starts popping more popcorn*

7739400

*Starts making chapter two*

7737420

Omg I totally forgot that this was a title of a song :rainbowlaugh:

Wow, this was good! There are a couple of errors, but there aren't really any mistakes that interfere with the story. The only thing I might suggest is lengthening Dash's thoughts a bit to further emphasize that she's the main character. Again, great fic. :pinkiesmile:

7788501

Thanks for the suggestion! :pinkiehappy:

7789800 It is very much a pleasure.

A PinkieDash shipfic?

I'm in!

I just wanted to ask...
are you ever coming back to this? What you have so far is great, and I want to see where you take it.

8002303
Why yes I am! I an, in fact, working on it right now! But freaking dumb school is keeping me behind on updates and I had writers block for the longest time :ajsleepy:

Sorry about that.. :twilightblush:

8007299
Don't be ridiculous; you have no reason to apologize! I just wanted to know if you were cancelling because I would have probably (eventually) worked on a continuation.

Moooooooooooooorrrrreeee!!! Please please please!!!

I love it! :raritystarry:

Darling, are you still intending on continuing this wonderful story??? I truly hope so! It is incredibly interesting and I think you have a great premise and foundation here!

Make More Please I Beg You I Want To Know What's Gonna Happen!

Hope to see more

Login or register to comment