• Published 12th Nov 2016
  • 584 Views, 6 Comments

Pony Side Story - Catrina37



Rep and Catrina tell Diamond Tiara the story of how they met.

  • ...
3
 6
 584

The Feud Begins

Chapter 8: The Feud Begins

A few minutes later...

After the fiasco with the guards, Jet arrived at the area where the caravan was staying, hiding behind some old broken-down stone walls. He snickered to himself, thinking that this was going to be fun.

In the blink of an eye, he became a crow again and flew over the Romani Caravan, right over the rooftops without any of the Abyssinians noticing. He gently landed down on the ground behind a caravan and transformed back into himself. He snickered again when he saw a rock below him at his feet.

As a precautionary measure, he transformed into another Sheegana lizard called Grey so that no one would know it was really him. Then, he picked up the rock, and threw it at one of the windows of Ioz’s caravan.

“Go back to where you came from, Cats!” he shouted.

The sound of glass shattering can be heard by the camp as the entire Romani Clan came out. Ioz came out of the targeted caravan, covering a bleeding cut on his face from the shattering glass.

Finally, they saw Jet disguised as Grey. The entire clan shouted in anger as they threw stuff at Grey/Jet, but he turned into a bird and flew off.

Infuriated, Ioz said, “Those blasted lizards are just as the other clans have said!”

****

At the Royal Palace, the guards reported to Lt. Chamel by the fountain outside, reporting what had happened.

“One of those cats came out of nowhere and attacked us, Sir,” one guard saluted.

“I knew those cats couldn’t be trusted!” Lt. Chamel shouted while raising his fist.

Just then, Chamel and the others heard moaning coming from around the right corner. They turned and gasped when they saw Grey/Jet against the wall, covered in bruises and cuts while he breathed heavily. Lt. Chamel and the guards ran to him and laid him on the ground.

“Private Grey, what happened?” Lt. Chamel asked.

“The Romani Clan...*coughed* attacked me...when I tried to stop...one of their thefts,” Grey/Jet said, breathing heavily, “I overheard them...talking about your youngest son. They are sending one of their own to trick him. He and a cat girl are meeting at the marketplace. You have to stop them.”

“My son, Rep?!” Chamel exclaims, “This is terrible! Can you take us to them?!”

“I’ll regenerate and catch up with you, but you have to save your son,” Grey/Jet coughed, “Besides, you know where it is anyway.”

“Right,” Lt. Chamel said, before directing his attention to the others, “You heard him. We must get to the marketplace.
Immediately, Chamel & the guards ran to the marketplace, leaving Grey/Jet behind. When they disappeared, he chuckled as he got up.

“What a fool!” he says to himself mischievously, then transforms back into his old self, “Now for the Romani Clan.”

Jet transforms into an eagle and flew at such speed, he disappeared in a second.

****

Jet flew back to the caravan and saw the angered cats raising their fists as they shouted about what happened. He landed behind a tree and transformed into a green Abyssinian. He ran toward the crowd and searched for Ioz. Then, he saw the big cat raising his hands as he calmed the crowd.

“Everyone please!” Ioz shouted, “I will talk to the Moochik about this attack and see what he can do!”

Jet (disguised as the white-clothed Romani clan member named Cain) runs up to Ioz while calling his name, “Lord Ioz!”

“Cain, what is it?!” Ioz asks with concern.

“I have news for you! One of the lizards has spirited Catrina away! The royal guard are on their way to the marketplace to meet them and hold your daughter for ransom!” Jet said.

“Catrina! Two of you come with me! We must stop them!” Ioz orders.

With that, he ran off with two of the cats. Jet sneered while he was still in his cat form, not one other cat noticing him do so.