• Published 15th Nov 2016
  • 1,003 Views, 22 Comments

The Pinkie Mystery - Moonlit Path



Pinkie Pie. The Element of Laughter, local party pony, and the greatest scientific mystery to pony and human kind, holds many titles. However, there’s one title that she herself isn't even aware of.

  • ...
2
 22
 1,003

Birthday Party

“Spike! Do you know where I put those scrolls for Rarity?” Twilight yelled, using her magic to shift through the variety of scrolls on her bedroom desk.

“I put them in you saddlebag!” Spike yelled back, picking up the books that Twilight left out from a late night of studying.

Twilight ran downstairs, and looked in her saddle back. Noticing the scrolls were in fact in there, she let out a relieved sigh. “Thank you, Spike. Are you sure you’ll be alright by yourself tonight?”

“I’ll be fine. Just go enjoy your sleep over with...ahhhh Rarity.” Spike let out of small, giggle sigh, images of his crush rushing through his mind.

Shaking her head, Twilight started heading out. “If you need anything, I should be at the boutique all night.” Noticing Spike’s still vacant stare, she shook her head again and closed the door.

“I need to find that dragon a hobby.” Twilight smiled, walking down the path to Rarity’s. She had been around halfway there, when she noticed a strange pony walking towards her.

Twilight carefully studied the mare for a minute, before realizing that it was Rarity. Only, she looked different. Her fur was slightly darker and mane and tail was shorter. The vibrant purple in her hair was now a pinkish-purple with black stripes, and she now wore a black choker. It was then Twilight noticed that the blue on her cutie mark had turned black also.

“Rarity? What happened to you?” Twilight asked, running up to her friend.

“Ugg, can’t you see I want to be alone?” Rarity rolled her eyes, before walking past Twilight and bumping her with her shoulder.

“Are you feeling okay? You’re not acting like yourself.” Twilight started to take a step towards the mare, but stopped when she saw Rarity glaring at her.

“Why don’t you just mind your own bucking buisness? Nothing is going on, now leave me alone Twilight.” With a huff Rarity started walking towards the middle of town again.

“Rarity, can you please just talk to me?” Twilight asked, starting to get irritated, but still concerned about her friend.

Getting mad, Rarity used her magic to make a squishy substance appear under Twilight’s hooves before walking away, a smirk plastered on her face.

Twilight tried to take a step forward, only to find herself stuck to the ground. “Is this...glue? Where’d Rarity learn a spell like this? It shouldn’t be possible for someone of her level.” Twilight grunted, trying to unstick her hooves.

“Here, let me help!” A half second later, Twilight found herself in a spinning pink tornado. Slowly, the glue particles started to break apart, and Twilight found herself a foot off the ground. A couple seconds later, the tornado disappeared, and she fell on her rump.

Standing up, Twilight found Pinkie Pie smiling sheepishly. “Thank you, Pinkie. I owe you one.”

“No you don’t. Sorry, I reeeeaaaaalllllyyyyyy have to go find Rarity. Seeyoulateraligator!” Pinkie went to run off, but found herself surrounded by a purple aura.

“No so fast.” Twilight walked over to Pinkie Pie, before setting her down. “Do you know what’s going on with Rarity?” Pinkie Pie shook her head vigorously, looking around at their surroundings. “Pinkie, please. I’m worried about her. I know she can be dramatic, but it isn’t like her to be mean. Or even change her appearance like that.”

Twilight stared at Pinkie for a while, before Pinkie sat down, her hair going straight. “I’m so sorry, this is all my fault. I pinkie promise I’ll fix it! I just need to get her back to Surgarcube Corner.” Pinkie whimpered, while tears started filling her eyes.

“What did you do!” Twilight asked a little louder than she meant to. Noticing Pinkie starting to cry a little harder, Twilight sat down next to her and pulled her into a hug.

“Shuu, it’s okay. Can you just tell me what happened?”

Nodding her head, Pinkie sniffled a couple times before standing up. “Not here though.” They headed into the Golden Oaks Library and Twilight motioned for Pinkie to sit in one of the reading chairs. Grabbing another chair, Twilight sat next to Pinkie.

“Do you need anything?”

“Nope, I’m good.” Pinkie chirped, cheering up a little.

Spike ran into the library, holding a stack of comic books. Closing the door, he jumped back slightly noticing the two mares. “Hey Twilight, hey Pinkie. What are you two doing here?”

“It’s nothing Spike, just go enjoy your books. We’re not going to be here for long.” Twilight smiled at him, before tilting her head signaling him to go into another room.

“Alright. Let me know if you need anything.” Twilight nodded her head, watching him go into the kitchen.

“Ok, now what is going on?” Pinkie sighed before handing Twilight a small letter. Opening it, Twilight read over it before looking back to Pinkie.

“The Princess invited you over? If you don’t mind me asking, what did she want? Was it a friendship problem?”

Pinkie Pie shook her head. “Not exactly. She called me there to talk to me. I think it would be easier to explain what happened from there.”

24 hours earlier…
Pinkie Pie walked up to the large wooden doors that marked the entrance to the throne room in Canterlot Castle. The mare’s body shook slightly as Pinkie wondered why Princess Celestia would call her there; alone.

Taking a deep breath, Pinkie knocked on the door. She watched as the door had become engulfed in a familiar golden aura, and swung open to allow her in.

“Hello Pinkie Pie. I’m glad you were able to come.” Celestia waved Pinkie over to a small table set up for four, before closing the door.

“Well, when somepony super duper important like you asks for me, how could I say no?” Pinkie giggled before sitting in one of the large, padded chairs. “If you don’t mind me asking, what’s all this for?”

“I will explain everything, as soon as…

“I get back?” Pinkie Pie did a backbend over the back of her chair, looking at the draconequus holding a familiar pink pony.

“There’s another me! Wait...no! Is this about the mirror pool? Cause Twilight assured me that…”

“Pinkie Pie, you reeeeeeaaaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyyyyyyy need to calm down. Hi, I’m Pinkie Pie. Well I guess you already know that. I mean, I’m the Pinkie Pie from the human world! I’m can’t believe I finally get to meet you! I mean me! Wait, is that right? If you’re me and i’m you, but we’re two different people, I mean ponies, would it really be me, or would it be us?”

“You’re from the other world? Oh wow! I can’t wait to hear all about life over there. Well, I have heard some from Twilight, but she’s only been over there twice. Is it like this world, or is it different? Once after…”

“Ah hmm.” Celestia coughed, earning the attention of both Pinkie Pies. “Thank you. Now to prevent any confusion I think we should call the Equestrian Pinkie, Pinkie, and the human Pinkie, Pinkie Pie.

“Sounds good to me. Wait...you look familiar. Are you Princess Celestia?”

“Yes, I am. Now please, help yourself.” Celestia motioned to an assortment of treats laid out on the table.

“Thank you!” Both Pinkie and Pinkie Pie shouted in unison. They both grabbed a plate, and attempted to restrain themselves with only one plate each.

“Nooowwww can you tell us what this is about?” Pinkie asked, shoving a cookie into her mouth.

“First before we explain, I want to wish both of you a happy birthday. I’m aware it’s a day early, but we wanted to let you celebrate with your friends on your actual birthday. “ Discord announced while flying up and settling down on top of Celestia’s throne.

“Thank you!”

“So you brought us here for our birthday?” Pinkie Pie asked, attempting to pick up a cupcake. Celestia couldn’t help but smile, as she watched Pinkie Pie trying to use her hooves.

“It does have to deal with your birthday, yes. More specifically, you’re now old enough.” Celestia levitated a teacup over to her, and took a small sip.

“I still can’t believe you two are already eighteen.” Discord smiled, before snapping his talons together. Party hats appeared on all four of them. Streamers and balloons filled the throne room. Celestia found herself in a flowing pale pink dress, while both Pinkies had dresses with a neon pink top, bright blue bottom, and covered in a cake sprinkle design. Discord made himself a white party suit, with a black pink bowtie, and black top hat. Then lastly with a small explosion, a Happy Birthday sign appeared above them, made out of fireworks.

“That was awesome! Gee, and I thought that I could throw together a party fast.” Pinkie Pie giggled, looking around at all of the new decorations.

“You should have seen it when he made it rain chocolate milk!”

“I know you two are excited, but we really need to talk to you. Then you two have the rest of the night to party. Sadly, I have meetings later, otherwise I would love to join you.” Celestia sighed, before taking a bite of a cookie.

“This sounds super duper important. You aren’t going to make me stop throwing parties, or have to move, are you?” Pinkie asked, looking between Celestia and Discord

“No, of course not.” Discord assured her. “Alright, let’s see if we can explain this so you can understand. I hope by now that you two know that you’re a little...different.”

“A little? You should have saw it when Sunset Shimmer tried experimenting on me. I thought she would never stop wearing that blast shield around me!” Pinkie Pie started laughing

“Twilight tried experimenting on me, and she ended up setting herself on fire. Wait, we should get both Twilight and Sunset together! They would be so cute together, and Twilight is in serious need of a special somepony…”

“My apologies, but she’s already with Luna.” Discord interrupted, slithering up between the two of them.

“What!” All three mares shouted.

“Anyways, so there is actually a simple explanation on why you have abilities, that not even an alicorn possess. You aren’t pure pony.”

“Of course I am silly. What else would I be?” Pinkie asked, looking her body over.

“Well, technically...I’m not a pony. Well I guess I am a pony over here, but over in the human world I’m a human. So would that still make me human, or would I technically be a pony now?”

“What he means to say, is that you both weren’t born like a normal pony. Two thousand years ago, a seed had been created by powerful magic. Nopony knew what it was, so we didn’t plant it until nineteen years ago, while it was under constant watch in a secluded area. Over the course of a year, a bright flower grew and when it bloomed...two foals appeared in it. You two.”

“We were born from a flower?” Pinkie gasped, while Pinkie Pie started laughing.

“Fluttershy is going to be so jealous!” Pinkie and Discord started laughing alongside Pinkie Pie. After a minute, they finally calmed down enough to continue.

“Wait...how was the seed created again?” Pinkie asked, noticing both Discord and Celestia blushing, trying to hide glances at each other. “Wait, you two created it!”

“Yes. We will not go further into detail though.” Celestia mumbled, inching away from Discord.

“Well in all fairness, we did have a lot of cider that night.”

Discord laughed as Celestia glared at him. “As I was saying, after I found you two, naturally I had no idea what to do. You seemed like two regular foals, so I got in contact with Igneous Rock and Cloudy Quartz. Two former geologists, turned rock farmers looking to adopt. Figuring that a secluded area such as a rock farm, would be the perfect place for you to grow up. Later, we realized that it started to break the balance between the two worlds, and sent Pinkie Pie over there. That, I am so sorry for.” Celestia explained, bowing her head. Memories of that day reappearing.

“This one…” Discord stood behind Celestia’s throne, pointing down at her, “I heard cried all night, heart broken that she had to separate her twins.”

“Wait, so we’re twins!” Pinkie and Pinkie Pie exclaimed together, speechless for the first time in their lives.

“Hold on a second, you said her twins.” Pinkie appeared on top of Celestia’s throne, eye level with Discord.

“Well, our twins if you want to be specific. You get your alter ego, Pinkamena, love of sweets, and colors from Celly here. Then you get you personality, laughter, and magic from your’s truly.” Discord stood straight up, grabbing his top hat, and bringing it into his chest while bowing. Celestia and Discord waited a couple minutes, allowing the information to sink into the two pink ponies.

“Why did you wait so long to tell us?” Pinkie asked, surprisingly seeming hurt.

Celestia got up, and went over to hug Pinkie. “We wanted you two to grow up as normal as possible. Now that you’re almost eighteen, your powers are getting stronger, and less predictable. “ She explained, nuzzling Pinkie.

“Hey Pinkie, look on the bright side…” Pinkie looked over to Pinkie Pie, raising an eyebrow at her twin, “we are the daughters of the Lord of Chaos and a Princess. Just think about what we’re going to be able to do! Think about all the baked goods we can make, and parties we can throw!”

“Speaking of parties, why don’t we finish this one. It’s starting to get late, and you two have a big day tomorrow.” Discord explained, looking at an invisible watch.

“Wow, the four of us have only just been reunited, and you’re already acting like their father.” Celestia teased, grabbing another cookie off the table.

“I was not! I just thought that we shouldn't keep them that long.” Discord crossed his arms, and slumped down into a chair.

“Pinkie Pie, if you wish you can stay here tonight, and go back in the morning. Pinkie however should go back to Ponyville. I expect everypony has a big day planned for you.”

“But I don’t want to go yet. I just learned I’m adopted, I’m a plant, I have an entire other family I didn’t know about, and that I’m from an entirely different world!” Pinkie Pie whined, going over and holding onto Pinkie. “How can I leave now?”

“Rest assured, you may come back whenever you want. We will have a room set up for you to stay in, when you chose to come.” Celestia smiled, before finding herself tackled by both Pinkies.

“Now I’ve kept you two long enough. I will see both of you soon. I promise.”

“What should we call you guys?” Pinkie Pie asked, as Discord picked Pinkie up.

“I don’t see why you can’t use Mom and Dad. Do you Celly?” Celestia shook her head, before giving Pinkie Pie one last hug.

“Gahhhhh….” Twilight stared with a blank expression at the pink pony, mouth hanging open, as her eyes started to glaze over.

Pinkie waved her hoof in front of Twilight’s face. “Earth to Twilight!”

“You, Discord, Celestia…”

“I know, isn’t it great! Anyways, after that I came back here.”

Without a word, Twilight pulled out a blank scroll and quill from her saddlebags and started writing down the information that Pinkie had just given her.

“You’re sure you didn’t leave anything out? That seemed pretty fast, considering how long you were gone.”

“I was trying to leave out all the lovey dovey stuff, and more...personal questions. Of course I could always go over it again with…”

“I think I’m good. This explains so much! Now I know how to adjust my calculations next time I can get a hold of a electroencephalogram machine. Of course I would still need a complete physical to know exact measurements...”

“Well, just let me know!” Pinkie nervously giggled.

“Wait, what does this have to do with Rarity?” Twilight finally asked, after writing for the past three minutes.

“Weeellllll you see, I may or may not have new magic. I’ll figure out how to control it, I pinkie promise. However, last night Rarity asked me to spend the night, since the Cakes are out of town, and I might have accidentally turned her tea into poison joke.” Pinkie admitted, rubbing her right forearm, with her left hoof.

“How would that make Rarity like that? Last time we encountered poison joke, it just made her hair go crazy. Also why did you need to tell me the entire back story?”

“This time she drank it. It’s a lot stronger then just standing in it silly. I told you the backstory, so in case anything else happened, you wouldn’t be surprised.”

“I never imagined the effects that poison joke, after it has been digested. Stupid!” Twilight hit herself in the head with her hoof, before writing more stuff down.

“Well you have fun, I need to go find Rarity.” Pinkie ran off, hoping that Twilight wouldn’t ask anymore questions.

Realizing what had happened, Twilight quickly threw the scroll and quill back into her bags, and ran after Pinkie. “Wait, I’ll help you!”

Author's Note:

I hope you enjoyed this. It was a lot of fun to write. As always, if you notice any errors, please let me know. :pinkiesmile:

Comments ( 18 )

I would love to see a follow up. I mean you you have goth-Rarity as the cover art, yet barely touched on her.
Anyways, great story, loved it.

Set when Twilight was a unicorn

Don't worry. All my stories are based before Twilight became an alicorn.

:twilightoops: Spike did you find Rarity?
:moustache: She really liked my scales!:heart:
:twilightsheepish:
:moustache: and fangs
:facehoof:
:duck: he was totally grunge:heart: :pinkiehappy:

:pinkiegasp::pinkiehappy: this story is that perfect amount of weird and cute. 10/10 :eeyup:s

Sorry but we just must hate you darling . ( joke)

I am most certainly hoping for the this story to continue I am quite interested in the possible new relationship with the twins and their new found parents. Those two actually make quite a bit of sense to be the parents of the twins. Accidental magic causing Rarity to be quite something different has got my attention so please to pray continue.

7722902
7723342 Ok, I'll keep it going. :pinkiesmile: Thank you by the way, for reading this and your input.

Soo, like how Tinkerbell was born?

7723739 :pinkiegasp:...I didn't realize that. :facehoof:. To answer your question, something similar. Only she was born inside a flower, Tinkerbell was the flower.

Wel, this is intresting. That makes a lot of sense for Pinkie.

“I need to find that dragon a hobby."

Hahahaha! That's me!

7724085 Thank you. I wanted to find one, that reminded me of Pinkie. I'm planning on changing it up with each chapter though.

i now accept this as canon.

I just need to get her back ? Sugarcube Corner.

? = to
Several times there is Pinkie PIe and then Pinkie Pie
The capital 'I' originally I thought was intentional but it stopped after a few so I'm guessing typos?

We’re have a room set up for you to stay in, when you chose to come.”

We'll (actually 'We will' might be better as Tia doesn't like contractions)

since the cakes are out of town,

Cakes

“I never imagine the effects that poison joke has when digested. Stupid!”

imagined
might have had

This is good and a novel way to explain Pinkie!:pinkiehappy:

7726417 Thank you so much. I made those corrections. :pinkiesmile: However, I couldn't find the capital I Pinkies. :applejackconfused:

7726482

Now to prevent any confusion I think we should call the Equestrian Pinkie, Pinkie, and the human Pinkie, Pinkie PIe.

“Thank you!” Both Pinkie and Pinkie PIe shouted in unison.

“So you brought us here for our birthday?” Pinkie PIe asked,

Only these 3.:twilightsmile:

7726532 Thank you :twilightblush: I think I need new glasses:facehoof: I fixed them.

7723755 I thought she was a bird who was turned into a fairy by the starstuff. Or am I thinking of the novel?

This has been reviewed by the Reviewer's Cafe. If you need some further assistance please ask away!

Login or register to comment