• Published 30th Jun 2012
  • 2,912 Views, 96 Comments

The Wacky Wonderful Revolving Door - Krass McWriter



Imagine a world where species is a paper thin veil.

  • ...
30
 96
 2,912

The End Of An Immortal -or- Bill's Long Life

An Immortal's End -or- The Long Life of Bill

Bill was born to a Judy and Calvin Tillings in a small town in Arizon, year nineteen ninety eight. He lived a nice quiet life, that is until he was about fifty five. A barrier opened up in the Atlantic ocean, just off the coast of New York.

It was then the ponies came, and shortly after, potion. The first potion openly available was freely given to all who sought it. It was the basic, iconic potion. Purple in color, grape in flavor. Turned humans into ponies.

Then, what was later called 'the potion reveloution' came. Apparently, The other species that held sovereignty in Equestria didn't like being left out on the action. The gryphons somehow managed to wrest themselves into the first slot for a potion. The dragons, diamond dogs, buffalo and even deer followed shortly.

Then, came the final swing of the revolution, the humanification potion. Now there was freedom of species and gender. Bill was there. From the very start he was there.

Now, potion had a very... curious effect. A man dying of any cause would come out a healthy young adult of whatever race the potion made him. Any cause. Even age.

Bill was on his death bed, surronded by countless loved ones. Partners, friends and children. There was hundreds of ponies, humans, gryphons and even an odd dragon or diamond dog standing around Bill's death bed.

Bill had made innumerable freinds and even a large amount of enemies over the millennia. He had seen nations, empires and fads rise and fall to the passages of time. But he was old, dreadfully, horribly old. He might have had the spry body of a twenty two year old only fifty years ago, but his mind was ancient. A living history book. It was high time he left.

He chose to go out the way he came in, human. It was only right. It was the only way to go.

Thunder approached him. Once, before ponies had come, he was known as Mike, he was his closest and oldest friend. At a time they had even been lovers, albeit only as an experiment. "So, are you sure about this Mike?" He asked hopefully.

"Thunder, I love you like a brother. But its time I've joined the rest of my family." Mike awnsered, a tone of finality in his voice. He was close. He felt it in his bones. He could already see the tunnel of light obscuring his vision.

He looked around. All were crying, some were sharing hushed stories of his more adventurous days. Plundering a trap filled cove in Equestria. Fisticuffs with a princess. Raising the sun. Fighting a dragon. Backpacking the Everfree. Protecting a conversion bureau despite not being a guard. His first conversion as a result. Those were just the big adventures.

He felt a sudden pang in his chest and his vision went from under hi.. His last thoughts were of his youth. If he had any inkling, even the slightest clue of the events ahead of him, He would have done everything exactly the same. It had been a hell of a ride.

-_-_-_-_-AUTHOR'S NOTE-_-_-_-_-

:


A bit short and not as good, but world building FTW.



Also, read Chaytoyances thing and dont down vote this because she wrote a damn story in it. This universe makes misanthropy impossible. So shut up. Its good and you should read.