• Published 12th Nov 2016
  • 2,011 Views, 47 Comments

Poor Unfortunate Souls - TheOneAJ



What would Bon Bon give, for her first love?

  • ...
7
 47
 2,011

epilogue

Flash Sentry stood on the beach, looking out at the waves washing back, and forth. Back and forth. Making small waves, and large ones, bringing seaweed out, then back in. He could see why Bon Bon loved the ocean so much now. Then again, after being locked up, he was glad to be outside again. Almost as glad since the summer was almost over, for better or worse...

*****

"Have you checked the gardens?" Flash’s aunt asked.

"You think I haven't?" his uncle whispered. “What are we going to do, burn the kingdom?"

Flash merely stood behind the wall and listened.

"If we don't, Prince Blueblood will first!"

*****

Of course, that never happen. It became awkward when, what was suppose to be a surprise engagement party, turned into a search one, but the kingdom wasn't burnt down. Instead, it was search top to bottom, day and night, for weeks, yet Bon Bon was never found. They questioned Flash a lot, but he avoid most of the actually truth with only half of it by saying; "She said her friend Lyra was turned into a mermaid and disappeared the next day ." They didn't press further.

Shortly after, it became rumored Bon Bon and Lyra were being held captive, and a ransom would soon follow. It never did, but with the fear going around town, Flash was never let off the grounds till today (not that he had money to spend now). By now, the story of his cousins disappearance was becoming that of a town legend. Truth be told, he wondered whatever happened to Bon Bon and Lyra. Maybe one day he would tell the full story, and talk about finding the rowboat abandoned he set his cousin off in. For now, what this aunt and uncle didn’t know wouldn’t hurt them. Maybe their priority concern over what everyone though over their daughters safety kept his lips shut as well.

"You went to watch the sunset, and didn't invite me?" Sunset Shimmer cooed as she walked next to him. "I thought you were a knight."

"Guard in training," he corrected, pulling his bride to be into a hug and kiss.

The only good thing to have come out of the mayhem was Sunset's family wanting their daughter to be protected. While out of the country was most ideal, it was decided that (under order of the princess) protecting Sunset would be Flash's test to see how good of a guard he could be. He could have acted a bit more professional at times, but the lack of anymore disappearances soon put everyone at ease. As well as ensured him a good starting position when he came of age in the guard. It was bittersweet since they couldn't leave or get anyway with anything too kinky, but they took what was given to them.

Sunset Shimmer giggle at his humor. "You'll have to do better than that."

He wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "We'll see." he then bite his lip. "Hey, Sunset?"

"Yeah?"

"... I haven't been completely honest."

She looked up at him. "What do you mean?"

He sighed. "I may have hide a few facts about what happened to my cousin and her friend."

Sunset chuckled. "About time."

"Huh?"

She flipped her hair. "I figured you knew more. Just didn't want to press it till you wanted to."

Flash raised an eyebrow. "Or till you couldn't stand it."

She punched him in the shoulder. "So spill."

With a groan, and slow start, Flash told her everything.

Of course, part of the reason why he hadn't told Sunset was because it also meant telling her about Lyra’s crush, and the reason why he kissed her. Sunset reacted as he expected when he got to the crush. Then when he got to the kiss, she reacted, but only a fidget before she told him to go on with the story. When he got to the end of seeing Bon Bon off with an extra bag of gold to pay the possible sea-witch, all Sunset could do was gaze out at the sea.

"Sunset?" Flash said, giving her shoulder a shake, not sure why to expect. "Are—"

"I'm the better kisser," she crossed her arms, "right?"

"Of course! I felt nothing! It was to put her at ease so she could move on past her delusions.... Wait, you're not mad?"

She shrugged. "Can't say I'm thrilled, but..." she leaned into him. "Considering most men do worst in their primal desires to mate with as many females as possible to pass their genes along, I'll live. Besides, you told me, so I can let it slide." Before flash could smile, she added. "Plus, now I can hold that over you head for a better occasion."

Flash shuttered. "You’re too smart for your own good."

She giggled. "I know."

"You should try to be a scholar."

Sunset grimaced. "I don't—"

"You should, and not give a damn what anyone thinks!” He caressed Sunset palm. “You're smarter than most men."

She nodded. "While that is true, I—"

There was a splash in the distance.

"What was that?" Flash asked looking in the direction.

"Probably just a fish—"

A fish that could throw stones.

"Yeah, a fish," Flash remarked, as he realized where it had been thrown from.

Following Flash to the secluded stone spot, Sunset watched as He shouted out, "Bon Bon?"

There was no immediate response.

"You think it was—"

"I'd say so." Bon Bon answered.

Eyes widened, they looked to see Bon Bon crouched behind a rock.

"Bonnie!" Flash cried, lunging forward.

Bon Bon turned her head. "Stop!" Flash and Sunset obeyed. "I need you two to promise, you won't freak out, or I'm swimming away, and likely won't come back!"

Nervously, Flash asked, "Bonnie, where have you been?"

Bon Bon sighed. "I've kind of," she flopped herself over the rock, revealing her tail, "been going through a few things."

While neither of them couldn't freak out at the sight, they both kept themselves from running away, screaming.

Once the shock was gone, Flash lunged forward and lifted his cousin up into a hug. "I was worried!" He pushed her to arms lengths. "You gain weight?"

Bon Bon glared, but lightened up as Sunset started to laugh. "Yeah, its great to see you too." She went for another hug. "Would have let you know sooner, but," she flicked her tail, "my mobilities been limited, and you were never at the beach."

"Sorry," he said, "been a bit of a lock down since you left." Mind catching up to him, Flash asked, "How?"

Bon Bon shrugged. "You give good gifts, you know that right?"

"Gift?" Sunset question, reaching out a hand to Bon Bon's tail.

"Hey, hands off my woman!" Lyra shouted.

Sunset shirked, and fell into the water.

Flash would have gone to his lady first, but was mesmerized as he heard Lyra' voice for the second time.

"Lyra..." he was towards her. "It was you!" He took her hands. "I knew it!"

Bon Bon crossed her arms and narrowed her eyes.

Sunset splashed around in the water.

Flash blinked. "Oh!" He let go of Lyra's hands to help Sunset up.

As Lyra slumped her shoulders, Bon Bon swam over and embraced her girlfriend in a hug.

After Flash had helped Sunset up (to which he used his goofy smile to keep her temper in check) he slowly turned to the mermaids. "So... That thing about needing a kiss of true love from me... Even though my heart belonged to another..."

"Well," Lyra lifted her tail out of the water, "I do miss being human," she turned dreamily at Bon Bon, "But I'd say this story had a happy ending."

"Yeah." Bon Bon pulled Lyra in closer. "We've been spending most of our time looking for ways to save the other trapped souls in the sea witch's lair." As she spoke, Sunset Shimmer moved in closer towards them. "Just last week we bought a couple of lovers by the name of Vinyl and Octavia out of their contracts. We've been good friends."

"Amazing..." Sunset leaned forward. "This is the scientific discovery of the century!" To Lyra and Bon Bon's discomfort, Sunset started to squee. "Think of what this will mean! The awards, what this means to our evolution!? This could re-write history—Hey!" Sunset protest as Flash pulled her back from the rails.

"Let's not talk about dissecting my cousin, shall we?"

Sunset sighed in his embrace. "We can't tell anyone about this, can we?"

Lyra rubbed her neck. "Maybe one day. For now, our king is against the idea of humans and mermaid mingling."

"If this the reaction you get," Bon Bon eyed Sunset, "I don't blame him."

Sunset groaned.

Flash put her down. "Sorry, honey. Maybe one day you'll find your scientific breakthrough."

"I guess." She crossed her arms behind her back. "I promise not to cut you both open to advance the field of science... Still wouldn't mind knowing how you both turned from humans to mermaid one day."

Lyra and Bon Bon looked to one another.

"In any case!" Flash clasped his hand together. He then had a thought. "Oh, Bonnie, when was the last time you had chocolate?"

Bon Bon looked away. "Small price to pay." She squeezed Lyra's hand.

"No!" Flash declared. "Wait here! Sunset and I will get you some ingredient, and find some way to get a fire going around here.

All the girls looked at him.

"You will?" Bon Bon and Lyra asked hopeful.

"We will?" Sunset said, raising an eyebrow.

"They can find a way to change species, I figured you getting a mermaid to make chocolate would be a piece of cake, Sunny." He grabbed Sunset's hand and pulled her towards the castle. "Come on."

"Don't take long!" Lyra shouted.

As the walked out of view, he caught a glimpse of Lyra and Bon Bon pulled each other into a kiss.

"You going to be okay with this new development?" Flash asked.

Sunset slowly nodded. "I think so... By that I mean I won't tell anyone!"

Flash chuckled. "I didn't say that. We can, add to their legend one day."

Sunset came to a haunt. "No one would believe me anyways."

"Not without evidence,” he raised a finger, “and no!"

Sunset snapped her finger. "Still can't believe your cousin made such a bold choice... To be with the one she loved dispute the norm."

Flash wrapped an arm around Sunset and kissed her forehead. "Love can overcome anything."

Sunset rubbed her chin. "You know, if you would be supportive of it, I think I'll give that scholar thing a try."

He caught sunset off guard by pulling her into a hug. "Anything to make you happy." With a giggle, she allowed him to kiss her.

Author's Note:

[url=journal/Turn-a-Character-into-a-Mermaid-Contest-642319803]Written for the mermaid TF contest on DA.
Was torn on adding this part, but decided to go ahead for the final fin fiction version (will be added to DA soon).
But yeah, got the idea for Flash's role from both the second and fourth Equesteia's girls movie. Figured, as easy to just have him as the 'bad guy' he would seem more complex, and I dare say relatable, if he was just a guy put into an uncomfortable position. So far it seemed to have works out for the people who read this.
Anyways, while I can't promise anything else to add to this story, I'd love to see anyone make a spin off on their own page.
Fan fiction is about wanting to see a certain story with ideas and setups that are likely not going to be in the cannon show. However, if you can't find a story that dose what you want it to do, make it yourself.
And I hope this story was worth your time.

Comments ( 36 )

7771191 thanks, grammars not my strongest area no mater how i try ^^'

Man, I just love the Little Mermaid no matter how it is told.
It was my first source of inspiration the lead me to write stories, and I can't thank it enough.
So thanks, this lifts me up (any version does, Disney is best though), although I do like the ending better with them pursuing freedom for other trapped souls. And Flash was a cute addition.
I feel like fairy tales and fantasy are the greatest stories ever told, both can connect with us on WHAT we WANT to BE, and not ARE.
We all want to be heroes, pursue our dreams, hobbies, passions, even if it does bring pain to our family and even if they can't understand us.
At first I also thought that the 100 gold pieces of human money would be a problem (because of Flash's money), but it turns out not to be instead.
Anyhow thanks for bringing me a smile today.
11/10 (Basically beyond perfect.)

Comment posted by Silver Inkwell deleted Jan 31st, 2017

7911290 thanks ^^' though been meaning to fix this

7911891
Sorry, needed to vent earlier.

7912005 I meant I really need to clean the story up anyways

I did an audio reading of this.
(It was hard with all the grammatical mistakes.)
I will link the video tomorrow.

8046653
:O
Thanks (though wish you told me beforehand so I could have fixed up some more grammar and dialogue errors ^^')
But yes, do link please :)

8047038
Yeah, sorry about that...
*Fluttersquee*
Anyhow for your name just said every letter until brony28.
(I could not say ajvasquez)

8047268
Tomorrow...
(I still have to edit it and I'm too lazy to do it right now, please wait!)

8047273
Ah ^^' still to late to edit this fic for that?

8047612
Never too late...
But better do it fast now and let me know which arts you edited so I can redo the lines.

8047912
in that case, don't feel like you have to wait on me then XD if you're already recored and ready to go, go ahead, otherwise i'll try to do a polish in the next two hours

8047912
chapter one re-edited as best i could.
I also added this just before the twon scene with Flash i wanted to but forgot XD:

Hands in his pocket, Flash walked back up the steps to the mansion. He caught a gimps of Bon Bon's row boat one last time before she dissipated into the fog. Shaking his head, he creept back inside, and found no one awake to bust him.

Once in his room, he laid on his bed, and said, "I hope she finds her." He then crossed his arms and tried to fall asleep...

8048077
and epologue is fixed to. could you at least link me your channel so i can subscribe to know as well?

8048086
Not bad voice, but could speak a little more loud and clearly, and no background music/sound effects yet?

8048117
Yeah, but you can still add, say, some light wave rolling to add a mood, scribblers more often a one wemon team ;p

AJ! (Can I call you that?)
Sorry it took so long, but I was bored, and lazy... and I wanted it to be good.
So, better late than never...

[https://youtu.be/6_8qV1LHsVY]

8051074
It's fine :) I'd much rather someone take there time and do it right that rush it.
So what yo end up doing, all in one go or break it up?

Also, might I suggest a little more... substance, in your description. If at the very least I'd put the story synopsis, though it's also a chance to start forming some connection with your audience, let them know how much trouble it was, why you picked that story, give something to catch to
And obbascribbler

8051112
ONE VIDEO.
ONE take for each section of a chapter.
And so much more editing time.

8051113
I was about to say, should have done in parts :p

8051558
Well, if you have listened to it, plz tell me how it went, thank you.

8052346
Don't worry, about halfway done and may have a few... notes ^^'

Where did the cover art come from?

8052362
Just typed in Lyra and Bon Bon mermaid, and picked something.
Anyways... by chance you want to take this to a PM instead? If you haven't seen my comments have... a bit to say about you reading

I liked the old cover...

"You think I haven't?" his uncle whispered. “What are we going to do, burn the kingdom?"

His*

Of course, that never happen. It became awkward when, what was suppose to be a surprise engagement party, turned into a search one, but the kingdom wasn't burnt down. Instead, it was search top to bottom, day and night, for weeks, yet Bon Bon was never found. They questioned Flash a lot, but he avoid most of the actually truth with only half of it by saying; "She said her friend Lyra was turned into a mermaid and disappeared the next day ." They didn't press further.

happened*
avoided*
actual*

Shortly after, it became rumored Bon Bon and Lyra were being held captive, and a ransom would soon follow. It never did, but with the fear going around town, Flash was never let off the grounds till today (not that he had money to spend now). By now, the story of his cousins disappearance was becoming that of a town legend. Truth be told, he wondered whatever happened to Bon Bon and Lyra. Maybe one day he would tell the full story, and talk about finding the rowboat abandoned he set his cousin off in. For now, what this aunt and uncle didn’t know wouldn’t hurt them. Maybe their priority concern over what everyone though over their daughters safety kept his lips shut as well.

His, not this.

He wrapped an arm around her shoulder. "We'll see." he then bite his lip. "Hey, Sunset?"

He*

Following Flash to the secluded stone spot, Sunset watched as He shouted out, "Bon Bon?"

he*

"Gift?" Sunset question, reaching out a hand to Bon Bon's tail.

Gifts*

"Lyra..." he was towards her. "It was you!" He took her hands. "I knew it!"

He*

"No!" Flash declared. "Wait here! Sunset and I will get you some ingredient, and find some way to get a fire going around here.

Missing a "

Flash wrapped an arm around Sunset and kissed her forehead. "Love can overcome anything."

That and you'll sometimes have to make tough decisions too. :ajsmug:

All in all, I enjoyed this story, but you need to look over your work and correct many errors as I do that myself a lot. :duck:

EWhat If Gallus Grew Up With Silverstream
Gallus flees Griffinstone and ends up meeting Silverstream
RedRanger3142 · 1.5k words  ·  42  0 · 808 views

11389557
Thanks, you really shouldn’t, but I enjoy the feedback 😊

Login or register to comment