• Published 16th Nov 2016
  • 11,951 Views, 108 Comments

Where Are You Christmas? - grl6p



In the midst of the Anon-a-Miss drama, Sunset Shimmer is so upset she considers suicide. But when she hears a song on the radio, it inspires her to get back in the holiday spirit. Based off the Faith Hill song of the same name.

  • ...
45
 108
 11,951

A Bad Day

T'was a few days before Christmas break and all through Canterlot High, not a creature was stirring, except for an online bully named Anon-a-Miss.

This bully was posting cruel and embarrassing things all of the students at Canterlot High School on her MyStable page.

"Fluttershy Singing Fail!"

"OMG... what a bunch of dorks! Hahaha!"

"Silver Spoon Looking Fab in Diamond Tiara's Necklace!"

Everyone at school accused ex-alpha bitch Sunset Shimmer because the online bully had the same color scheme as Sunset's hair on her profile picture and it started off posting pictures and videos of the Mane 5, Sunset's closest friends, and soon moved on to the entire school.

The worst part for Sunset was losing her newfound friends and schoolwide respect.

One fateful morning, Sunset was standing at the Wondercolt statue and crying, "I worked so hard to fix my reputation after the fall formal and the Battle of the Bands. I really thought I would have a chance at happiness but now I guess it's gone."

BBBRRRRRIIIIINNNNGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

The bell rang and everyone ran to their classes.

Sunset didn't want to go to class and face her classmate's accusations, but she reluctantly went inside and trudged down the hall anyway.

As she was walking along, two students named Big Boy and Runt decided to shove her to the ground in a hallway filled with students, leading to some cruel laughter.

“That’s for Anon-a-Miss bitch!” Runt yelled as he and Big Boy laughed as they walked away.

Sunset Shimmer picked herself up, gathered her books and walked to her first class with her head down to avoid student’s glares and middle fingers.

Sunset Shimmer’s first period of the day was Mr. Cranky's APUSH class, and she thought she would be safe because he did not tolerate bullying and cellphone use. Boy was she wrong...

As soon as Mr. Cranky quieted the unruly class, he asked his students, "Alright kids, continuing our study of post World War II America, can anyone tell me who Walter Winchell was and what did he do?"

Sunset Shimmer raised her hand, "Walter Winchell was a reporter who invented the gossip column in the 1940's-"

Trixie jumped up and rudely cut her off, "Mr. Cranky, don't you know that Walter Winchell is in our very school right now spreading filthy lies about us?" She glared at Sunset Shimmer.

"This was my question, not yours!"

Cranky grumbled, "Anon-a-Miss, let Trixie finish her answer."

Trixie continued, "He also participated in McCarthyism accusing people of being Communists. Just like Sunset is accusing all of us of being Anon-a-Miss when really it was her all along!”

"Yeah!" everyone in the classroom chimed in.

Sunset got up from her seat and got close to Trixie, "SHUT UP!" She screamed as tears fell down her face, "I AM NOT ANON-A-MISS! Leave me alone!"

Everyone's phones went off and all of the students dove into their phones.

"Hey no phones in class!"

A rocker named Cherry Crash announced, "What the hell? Anon-a-Miss posted some bullshit about me sleeping with Ringo last weekend! I know it was you Sunset, it was all you!"

"YEAH!"

Sunset raised her hand again, "Mr. Cranky, I have to go to the bathroom." She bolted out of the room.

Mr. Cranky turned his attention back towards the unruly students, "If anyone makes another crack about this 'Anon-a-Miss', I'm reporting you to the principal's office!" Everyone stopped talking.

He got up and left, mumbling to himself, "I need a drink."

After he slammed the door, Trixie developed an evil grinch smile on her face, "Hey guys, are you thinking what The Great and Powerful Trixie's thinking right now?"

All of the students nodded and looked at each other as if they were planning something evil.

Sunset Shimmer ran through the hallways of Canterlot High trying to avoid her classmates and their cruel accusations.

When she finally reached a dark corner in the school hallway, she took a deep breath.

"They won't find me here."

"THERE SHE IS!"

Sunset looked up to see everyone in her history class, and a few other kids, found her cornered in her hiding spot.

“How did you find me here?”

“We followed your trail of tears.” said Cherry Crash replied, pointing to a wet trail that spread from the other end of the hallway to the Sunset’s corner.

Tears started to well up in Sunset's eyes, "Leave me alone, please."

Diamond Tiara yelled, "Shut up Anon-a-Miss!"

"My parents grounded me because of you!" yelled one of the eco-kids.

Sunset cried, "But it wasn't me! I swear!"

"That's bullshit!" Trixie yelled, "You told Trixie you were behind this!"

Sunset cried, "I was trying to tell you I wasn't!"

One of the Diamond Boys said, "She's lying, let's get her!"

Everyone charged towards Sunset.

"But it's Christmas, please? Can't we get along?"

A Fashionista named Blueberry Cake said, "Fuck Christmas! We're gonna teach you a lesson, Sunset!"

Everyone immediately ran towards Sunset to beat her up.

A few minutes later when the bell for next period rang, everyone left Sunset Shimmer bruised, slightly battered and alone.

She began crying immediately.

"Why does everyone hate me?! I thought it was supposed to be Christmas."

Nearby, the Cutie Mark Crusaders had just gotten out of their pre-algebra class and they looked at over to see the crying Sunset.

Apple Bloom asked, "You think we went too far this time?"

"We just wanted the girls to spend time with us like they used to." replied Sweetie Belle.

Scootaloo said, "But look at Sunset, those kids just beat her up."

Apple Bloom suggested, "We should at least get the school nurse to help her."

A few minutes later, the school nurse found Sunset and took her to her office.

The school nurse asked sweetly, "What seems to be the problem miss?"

Sunset lied, "I just fell that's all."

"Are you sure because over the past few days, I have had several students come in crying about someone called Anon-a-Miss bullying them and the people who told me to find you told me that a group of students beat you up for allegedly being said person. You may have gotten into some trouble in the past, but you're a good student now. I don't see why everyone-"

At those words, Sunset began to cry again and cut her off, "I'd really like to go home now. I have a bit of a stomachache."

The nurse handed Sunset a pass to go home, "Okay dear. If I don't see you in the next few days, I wish you a merry Christmas."

Sunset didn't answer and walked out.

After leaving the office, Sunset went to her locker and started to take out all of her books and load them into her backpack.

"I guess nobody trusts me now, not even the adults. After all I've done to help the school, they can't forgive me. Maybe I should just go away forever and everyone would be happy Anon-a-Miss was gone."

She finished cleaning out her locker and began to leave the school building.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders saw her leave and gave worried looks to each other.

As Sunset reaches the entrance and turned to look back at Canterlot High one last time, someone threw a textbook at her face and called, "Merry fucking Christmas, Anon-a-Miss!"

Sunset rubbed her now bruised head, "Leave me alone! I don't have the Christmas Spirit anymore."

The same person yelled, "AND DON'T COME BACK!"

She began to limp all the way home.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders saw everything.

Sweetie Belle asked, "You think we should follow her home to see if she's okay?"

Scootaloo nodded, "That's a great idea. We could also give her some treats to cheer her up."

Apple Bloom said, "I agree, but we should probably wait to do this until school lets out."

“Or we could ask a teacher.”

“That could work too.”

Author's Note:

Poor Sunset. No one should have to go through what she went through in the first chapter. And if any of you are feeling the same way, the phone number for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is 1-800-273-8255

Read and review!