• Published 22nd Nov 2016
  • 584 Views, 6 Comments

Nightmare and Dragon - alfonso_rd_33



After Princess Luna was purified, everypony thought the Nightmare was destroyed… it was, but Nightmare Night will offer it a chance to shine anew… or it would, but a certain outsider Alicorn has Something to say... it won't be pretty...

  • ...
15
 6
 584

Chapter 5 - Rose In The Darkness

So, while “The Alicorn of Ponyville” was being an ass and overdoing stuff again, the girls outside Fluttershy’s cottage started to march towards their destiny, any fear they had seriously diminished, so they started talking animatedly as they went towards the Castle of the Two (Best) Sisters.

"Are you sure your animal friends told you that the problem was at the Castle, Fluttershy…?"

Was the question Twilight Sparkle voiced as the group kept moving, with both Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash hovering around their grounded friends, those friends were walking side by side on the road, with Twilight and Rarity in the center, with AppleJack and Pinkie Pie on the sides… that is until another massive explosion of power grabs their attention.

“I think we found the place where the monsters are, come on girls!”

Was Twilight’s request as the girls started rushing towards the danger…


“Crap…! It almost feels like for every single one I destroy she creates 7 more… I will have to step up my game if I want to clean this mess up…!”

Was the Alicorn turned dragon train of thought as he took a combat-ready stance while watching the horde of Shadow Ponies before him, then he created a small light circle and thrust his right claw into it, retrieving a metallic block colored red and black…

“OK ladies… I have done a lot and you still stand…? Well, it's over… now you get back to whatever hole you came from…!”

Twirling after the speech, Poncho somehow turned the block into a scythe, yet as the form of Crescent Rose changed Poncho noticed the weapon had somehow become heavier, which made handling it more difficult.

"*Yay* it Crescent Rose! Move…! I don't intend to get absorbed just because you are being a *yay*!”

Said Poncho as a certain song started resounding through the Evergreen, creating a Beacon for all to see when Poncho roared to the skies. Meanwhile, with Moonbutt Princess, she was lazily gliding after losing the trail of the power burst, so when the unfamiliar, cold song resonated within the forest she thanked her stars, and purposely flew towards it.

"Hang on Friend… I am coming... "

And so, while the Moon Princess flew to Poncho, the girls on land plus Rainbow Dash moved with purpose, that's it until a black blur crashed unto the fastest pegasus alive.

“Woah! What gives?”

Cried Rainbow as she rose from the crater she made, looking how the thestrals (or pegasus under glamour spells, never knew which one it was) zipped around knocking down her face, leaving them not only hurt but separated.

"Girls…! Hang on I’m coming…!”

Meanwhile, the girls slowly rose up from their own attacks and scrambled to reunite with their friends.

“Ohhh… what was that…?”

Asked Applejack as she rose back up, looking at the field, trying to locate her friends… only to hear Rainbow Dash flying to their attackers, only to see the thestrals dodging her charges while getting hit by pies, which made her look to her left, witnessing how Pinkie Pie’s Party Cannon smoking.

“Well done guys, but we need to hurry!”

This said she added her own to the effort by conjuring force bolts of magic before resuming.

"Let's try to corner them off one by one, girls they seem to be not in control of themselves, so, Rarity with me…"

Then both unicorns started shooting magic bolts in a way that, combined with the volley of pies and rocks, courtesy of the Apple Pie effectively caged the thestrals, as every time they tried to fly upwards there was a Rainbow Dash to cut the escape route, the strategy paid moments later, as Twilight finally got to hit one of them, falling to the floor before the bookworm eased his fall gently, noticing how a whisp of black smoke flew out of him.

"Oh yeah! One down, one to go!"

Hollered Rainbow Dash as the last thestral lunged towards her, only to get hit by two force bolts, a cherry pie, and a baseball-sized rock, falling down as Twilight eased his fall.

"Quick! Follow that smoke…!"

And then she started to race following the whisp of smoke that got out of the fallen thestral her friends galloping to catch up to her.


”Huff… huff… dagnabbit… what do I need to clean up this mess…?”

Said Poncho as he breathed hard, exertion evident as he held the line, then, without warning, the creature that was the Nightmare said in an amused tone.

“Oh, what's this…? It would seem that my… previous host is coming, not that it matters anyway, but I guess it will be poetic if she was a witness of my Ascension... ”

And in that precise moment, the figure of Princess Luna entered the clearing.

"Poncho...! What is the meaning of this…?"

Said the lunar princess as she looked at the Nightmare and the hordes of shadow ponies she conjured… but the weirdest thing was the form Poncho had...yet the princess, being who she was, just took notice and stood tall next to the dragon she called friend, facing the Nightmare with infinite bravery.


“So, you're back… very well, I will have the opportunity to repay you for the years of suffering…!”

Yet, before anyone could move Twilight and her friends arrived, causing the Nightmare to scowl with unbridled fury.

YOU…!

Author's Note:

OK, New Chapter... just a trqansitional one... Next time, the Big Bad Battle begins... provided the last acthor arrives on time...