• Published 14th Nov 2016
  • 2,814 Views, 18 Comments

Shyset - Pickleless



Fluttershy and Sunset swap bodies, hijinks ensue.

  • ...
8
 18
 2,814

Oh dear.

"Watch it!" An oddly familiar voice scolded her.

Fluttershy shook her head, and watched as herself ran off.

"U- uh..." Her voice came out deeper.

Her hands were different looking too, and her skin tone, and hair, and clothes, and she's Sunset Shimmer.

...

"Oh dear." Fluttershy squeaked.

She saw no sign of herself anymore, and that was troubling, and- oh dear, Sunset had the animals, she hoped Angel was okay. She rubbed her shoulders and then shivered as she felt black leather. Should she tell someone? She should probably tell someone. It would cause a bit of drama but this felt a little important, someone would understand, hopefully. She wasn't very sure-

"Oh my." Fluttershy picked up the Fall Formal Crown.

Now what was this doing out here? Fluttershy wasn't very sure, but Principal Celestia and the other students would be very upset if the crown was lost. Fluttershy didn't like to upset people, upset people felt more okay yelling at others, Fluttershy tried to avoid upset people, or things that made people upset.

In hindsight, her friendship with Rainbow Dash when they were kids was probably a bad idea.

No, it was bad to think of Rainbow Dash that way, and it's bad to let the crown sit on the ground here. She was really worried about her animals, and her body. She should really try to do something about that, Sunset might be worried too, but it's bad to leave the crown here. That's something that she should take care of too-

"You okay?" A voice asked very cautiously.

Fluttershy looked up to see Flash Sentry stare at her. Oh dear. It's not that she was Sunset or Flash was Flash, it's just that Flash was a boy, and he liked Sunset, and that's a little scary right now. She guessed it was because she was Sunset right now, but she didn't want to blame the other girl for that. It's her own business she had a relationship with Flash, and that's fine. Personally, Fluttershy already knew she would be single to the grave, it's what she wanted; Maybe also a nice house right outside a forest, with a little stream and a giant bear that carried heavy things for her. She also wanted an eagle, and an owl, probably every cat and dog in the animal shelter, maaaaybe a penpal, and-

"Sunset." Flash said a little more sternly.

Fluttershy flinched and looked up at him.

"No, no no no, not the kicked puppy face." Flash covered his eyes. "Please stop making the kicked puppy face."

"I'm sorry..." Fluttershy whispered.

She lowered her head in shame. Her first conversation and she already made him upset, that's really bad. She heard Sunset and Flash were on bad terms, she didn't want to make it worse.

"Are you okay?" Flash said with more sincerity this time. "You don't ever apologize, or at least, not to me."

"Oh." Fluttershy frowned. "I'm sorry about that."

"It's alright. Well, actually, it's not, but, well, I mean... yeah." Flash petered off.

Fluttershy didn't want to apologize again. Not because she wasn't sorry, but because that annoys some people, and that can be scary.

"Hey, look, I'm not here to pick a fight, just... you okay?" Flash asked.

"Oh, yes, I'm fine." Fluttershy murmured, "Well, I'm having just one small problem..."

"What?"

""Have you seen my body?"

"What?"

"Have you seen my body?"

"Sunset, we used to date, I've seen your body multiple times."

Fluttershy's face- well, Sunset's face turned red. "U- uh, oh no, oh, oh dear, um, no, no no no..."

Flash raised an eyebrow.

"Do... do you know where Fluttershy is?" Fluttershy asked.

Flash narrowed his eyes in suspicion. "Why?"

"N- no reason!" Fluttershy scooped up the crown and rushed into Canterlot High.

That was close, he could've lost his temper and yelled at her. She'll just have to find out what happened to herself on her own.

She unconsciously rubbed the collar of her leather jacket as the some students stared at her in poorly concealed fear.

"Oh dear." Fluttershy squeaked in Sunset's deeper tone.

Fluttershy wanted to go home, crawl into the makeshift bed under her actual bed, and pretend that none of this ever happened. Unfortunately, her brother was home right now, and being Sunset Shimmer is only slightly less worse than being around her brother as of late. A student bumped into her roughly, jolting Fluttershy out of her thoughts.

"Sorry-"

"Whatever." The student rolled his eyes.

"I really... Oh, um, okay..." Fluttershy watched the student walk away, ignoring her.


That was odd, she never had a student bump into her before, not at least without giving an apology. She supposed many students liked to respect Sunset's independence, she never really liked it when Fluttershy offered a helping hand. Especially after Sunset would spit on Fluttershy, or kick her, or blackmail her, or anything really. Not that Fluttershy really minded, but she was a little curious why Sunset was so determined to shut off from the rest of the world. If Fluttershy didn't have a bucket of pee poured on her yesterday, she would probably be concerned for Sunset right now. Sunset only gets one free animal shelter cookie instead of two on Fridays... Actually, she was still a little concerned for Sunset right now, only just a little. Just somewhat. She really hoped Sunset was okay. It'd be terrible if she got bullied or hurt because of how she looked.

Since Fluttershy was already late for class, she might as well return the crown. She knocked on the Principal's door.

"Come in," Celestia called out.

Keeping her head low, Fluttershy meekly walked in, gently sat into the chair on the opposite side of Celestia's desk, and waited.

And waited.

"Well," Celestia eventually said "This isn't how our meetings usually go Miss Shimmer, frequently you like to cut me off before I can get a word in."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Fluttershy whispered.

More silence.

"Are you alright Sunset?" Celestia frowned.

"I found this on the ground." Fluttershy murmured as she gently put the crown on Celestia's desk.

"I see," Celestia smiled. "After it got rather obviously stolen last night, it seems to rather convenient that you, of all people, would have it Shimmer."

"Oh." Fluttershy blinked.

Now that she thought about it, what was the crown doing there? Did Sunset take it? No, it's rude to assume bad things about people, Sunset was just probably turning in the crown to Celestia herself, and that's why she was in a rush. Poor thing, swapping bodies and dropping the crown... Sunset must be so scared right now.


"OH CELESTIA I'VE BECOME A FURRY FAGGOT-"


"Well, thank you for 'politely' returning the crown Sunset, this has been a very pleasant surprise."

Fluttershy slowly looked up to see a loving smile on Celestia's face.

"You wouldn't happen to have anything else on you you'd like to return?" Celestia said in a gentle, teasing tone.

"Oh, I don't know..." Fluttershy honestly.

Fluttershy proceeded to ruffle through belongings, and pulled out a miniature crowbar, multiple sets of lock picks, a little book full of all the student's embarrassing secrets, silly putty, a lighter, a small can of gasoline, and a switchblade.

Celestia blinked.

"These are all yours?" She asked in a flat tone.

"Um, yes, I think so?.." Fluttershy frowned.

A plastic bag full of cash with the words 'COLLECTED LUNCH MONEY' slipped out of Fluttershy's seemingly bottomless jacket.

Silence.

"Oh!" Fluttershy smiled. "That's why she never liked anyone touching her jacket!"