• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 2,276 Views, 49 Comments

Chaotic Odds - PsychoNerd



When Luna hosts the Grand Galloping Gala, Celestia looks for a plus one, but not many options are available for her. Will she go empty hooved? or will she find more than just a guest to the Gala?

  • ...
5
 49
 2,276

The Search

It was a year after the last Grand Galloping Gala where a lot of unexpected things happened, like new ponies, making new friends, saving somepony from being sent to another dimension, it was fairly normal compared to the previous one.

It was a quiet afternoon in Canterlot.
On top of the mountain laid the castle itself. It’s towers shone in the beauty of the afternoon sun.
The city itself was quiet and calm, contrary to the royal castle. Its halls were bustling with life, servants finishing preparations for tonight Grand Galloping Gala. Two most important mares of Equestria stood on the gallery of the hall, watching the whirl below.

The gala this year was to be hosted by Luna herself. She wanted the responsibility in order to prove herself.
She requested that she herself hosts this year’s Grand Galloping Gala in hopes of proving herself that she is independent and capable of handling things by herself which states that she can rule Equestria too like her older sister.

Celestia agreed, giving her sister the chance and she needed the rest while knowing that her sister could add something different while Celestia herself could enjoy it first hoof.

“Are you sure about this sister? You don’t have to downgrade yourself like that,” said the blue alicorn.

“I believe that you’ll do well my sister. This year’s Grand Galloping Gala will surely be remembered through the ages. I’m confident that it’ll be fine, you’ll see,” replied the white alicorn.

Celestia replied by gladly letting her sister assume full control as host to the Grand Galloping Gala.
She felt the need for something new, something entirely different was required for the ponies who attend the Gala.
Celestia herself needed to put down her royal duties and responsibilities as a princess and take the time to enjoy herself and have fun while giving her younger sister her full and total support.

“But you don’t have to be downgraded to a meer guest, sister,” Luna replied as she tried to convince her sister to be with her in her shining moment.

Luna was worried that her sister might felt left out like she did before herself. She knew it all too well; doubting yourself, bathing in own bitterness and making the mistakes that can lead to just one destination, Moon. She didn't want her sister to take the same route to make her doubt her dreams just so her sister won’t end up making the same mistake she took.
She knew how painful it was for her sister to banish her, she didn't want to end up making the same choice as her sister once had to do...
But Celestia fully acknowledged her sister’s desire and dream to be independent. Downgrading herself to a meer guest, so her sister will gain all the credit, was the least she could do for her. Securing her sister’s spotlight at the Grand galloping Gala.

“Nonsense sister, I’ll be perfectly fine, it’s the perfect way for me to fully observe and enjoy your plans for this year’s Grand Galloping Gala and at the same time, you can focus on the smooth run of all the necessary occasions."
“You deserve all the credit and I can rest and have some fun, it’s a win-win, sister. There is no better way to let you have your day,” Celestia replied as she put her wing around her sister.

“Well...I suppose you are right my sister.”

“You don’t need to worry about me Luna, all you need to do is just focus on the preparations and your plans for this year’s Grand Galloping Gala.”

Luna looked at her sister with a sense of doubt written all over her face but with a collective sigh, she admitted her defeat on their talk in regards to her sister’s status tonight.

“All right my sister…I promise that this year’s Gala will be a one to remember throughout the ages!” a proud statement from Luna in an astonishing feat of confidence.

“I believe so sister, I believe so,” kind words from Celestia as she embraced her sister in a warm hug.

After a warm exchange of care and love, Luna left to prepare the finishing touches for tonight’s upcoming Grand Galloping Gala.

All alone, Celestia wandered in the Canterlot gardens, deep in thought with an unreadable expressions plastered on her face, so different from the usual warm and caring smile her subjects were used to.

“Who should I bring with me to the gala? Such a shame to waste my plus one over nothing, especially when this year’s gala is a one to be remembered and honored,” Celestia sighed as she looked at her ticket along with it’s plus one.

“I can’t just bring somepony I don’t even know, let alone I’m not even friends with, it’d be unnatural and…Weird.”

Celestia was filled with deep thought on who to bring to the gala as her plus one. It can’t be just somepony she picked up from nowhere. Most ponies already have their plus ones and others are already ready for the gala which is in a couple of hours.

“Who could possibly be ready and prepared in such extremely short time and is also very comfortable with me.”

Celestia knew that looking for a friend who won't "Her Highness" her whole evening is gonna be hard. How she sometimes hated the title of princess.
Somepony close to her and would openly have fun with her. If she brought a subject she doesn’t even know, she’d be treated as high society states. She shuddered at the thought of such uncomfortable and awkward evening. Both for her and all the ponies present.

Celestia deeply processed her thoughts as she passed by the old location where the Lord of Chaos was once imprisoned in his petrified form.

“Hmmm…,” Celestia thought as she looked at the old pedestal which was now bore another statue in order to fade the old memories. After all, the former ruler of Equestria where was now reformed and ally with ponies.

Celestia coughed as the thought of Discord came into her mind. Remembering that the Lord of Chaos did during his unfair and illogical reign. Mass chaos, Complete anarchy, Great deal of sorrow, nothing made sense on what was happening around them. It was a terrifying work of art created by a mind that none can even imagine what goes in and out.

Ironically, good moments also filled her mind as she remembered the bouquet of flowers offered to her by a symbol and token of his gratitude and repentance for his past actions and misdeeds. Not to mention his humorous side which is borderlining with insanity. Contradictory, this was the only thing that made sense on him and he was apparently proud of it.

Celestia couldn’t help but smile at these good memories and wonderful moments that filled her mind as the fear and sadness from the bad ones about Discord faded away.

She blushed as the thought of Discord and the thought of looking for somepony to be her plus one for the Grand Galloping Gala coexisted and produced an idea that not even Pinkie pie could have dreamed of.

Could Discord be her plus one for the Gala Galloping Gala, The Lord of Chaos with the Princess of the Sun and co-ruler of Equestria?...

A million things ran in her mind as to response to the idea she just imagined. She hadn’t felt this way nor has she ever blushed this much ever since Discord offered her those special sparkling flowers, their petals matching her mane.

“Discord?…I mean sure he’s my friend and he’s nice enough to be part of a civilized event. He has attended the Gala before, so he won’t be alien to it. At the same time, I’m sure nopony has asked him yet, considering that just a few ponies would be foolish enough to ask the Lord of Chaos to be their guest?” Celestia deducted as she tried to get the picture of her thoughts together.

She stopped and frowned as her last comment got to her. Her brows furrowed from the remark she had just deducted and yet completely forgotten for a few seconds as she walked to a nearby pond

“Who would be foolish enough to ask the Lord of Chaos and Master of Disharmony to be their guest?…"
"Look at yourself, formulating the possibilities to whether I should ask him to be my plus one,” she sighed as her statement proved that she just referred to herself as foolish. She had to chuckle at the title she gave herself

“At the same time, I’m pretty sure that my sister hasn’t made any plans nor consideration to invite him to the gala,” she remarked as she sat down in deep thought.

Princess Luna surely didn’t invite the Lord of Chaos. Unlike her sister, she still held a contempt over Discord's past affairs. It was a precaution from Luna's side, just to make sure that everything at the Gala will run smoothly. No surprises that can utterly ruin her spotlight of which she has been dreaming about for quite some time now. She was willing to do anything just to make sure NOTHING bad will happen at the gala.

Celestia still hasn’t made her choice as she looked up at the afternoon sky, witnessing the clear orange skyline which revealed a beautiful and spectacular array of sunlight that shine brightly as she gazed upon them.

“The gala is due in a couple of hours, I better make my choice.”

She gathered her thoughts, considering every possible outcome if she decided to bring the Lord of Chaos and Master of Disharmony, the Earl of Turmoil, Bringer of Destruction and Purveyor of Disorder as her guest.

Her plus one

Her Responsibility

Her Friend

Her Rival

Her Frenemy

Her Date...

“Can't wait to see her there

I think I'm gonna lose my breath

"Town square, for lunch" she said

and now I see her face, I'm awestruck ”

Author's Note:

If people are interested, please give your reaction to this, any mistakes or what not. I'd like to know.....any questions can also be answered :) . Finally, be brutally honest as you can, I can take it, as long as it helps my story and doesn't offend me in the way it's personal okay? - PsychoNerd