• Published 3rd Jul 2015
  • 431 Views, 1 Comments

The Bugtown Blues - Zobeid



Twilight Sparkle tries to study a captive changeling, but it's more devious than she knew.

  • ...
7
 1
 431

Clever Girl

The lavender unicorn mare made her way erratically through Ponyville. Just act natural, she thought to herself. Her ears were pinned back, her eyes flitting nervously about. Just act natural, and nopony will suspect anything.

Every time she passed near a pony, she flashed a forced smile at them. Just act natural. Don’t run. Running is suspicious.

A notion occurred to her, and she slowed her pace, and her fake smile faded to a more thoughtful frown. Just act natural. As she came to the marketplace, she slowed to a halt and then sat down.

“Just act natural,” she muttered softly. “But… That’s not correct grammar! She should have said, ‘Just act naturally.’” Her expression slowly shifted to one of anger. “That devious little bug!” Then she stood up, turned around, and began marching determinedly back to her library tree.

Author's Note:

This was planned long ago as the setup for a much longer story. Twilight Sparkle -- still thinking she's a changeling -- would have ended up in "Bugtown", a sort of training ground for changelings to learn about pony life before they infiltrate for real. Skitterskee would have continued impersonating Twilight in Ponyville.

There would have been many jokes about the weirdness of changelings and the failure of both characters to fit into their new environments. Aside from that, I'm sorry to admit that I didn't have much of a real story figured out. So, I've finally decided to just put bookends on the little snippet and present it as a burnt offering to the gods of FiMFiction.

Comments ( 1 )

Going into a story specifically featuring Nyx, Spike, and a changeling with a silly name like "Skitterskee", I'm pretty sure readers (including myself) expect/ed a silly slice-of-life fluff-piece, perhaps with a bit of "wacky mischief" thrown in on behalf of said changeling.

Aaaaand then chapter 3 happened. Yeaahh... that's not exactly "wacky mischief". :derpyderp1:

I'd imagine that's where the downvotes came from.

Aaaaah, that last chapter though. Hah. That saved the story. :derpytongue2: :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment