• Published 23rd Jun 2017
  • 1,909 Views, 49 Comments

Change - Just A Random Pegasus



Applejack thought she would never give a foe of hers, Flim, a chance to prove himself. However, she soon learns that hearts can change, just like ponies can.

  • ...
1
 49
 1,909

On a Soft Mattress

Applejack smiled as she stepped into the clearing. These past few days, Applejack has become more and more stressed. She worked longer than normal, and even then felt like she wasn't doing enough. She glanced around for Flim, not seeing him anywhere. He said he would be here at this time... didn't he?

Applejack spent another second looking before a large blast of magic appeared in front of her. She backed up, looking to see Flim standing in front of her, smirking.

Applejack looked at him, chuckling. "Ah guess ya learned it."

Flim nodded. "Yep!" He replied, teleporting onto a tree branch. "I've been practicing as much as I can. I mean, I'm still getting singe marks, but that'll pass in time. I need more practice to make it perfect."

Applejack nodded. "Well, that sounds good!"

Flim tried to charge his horn again, but to his dismay, it didn't work. He decided to jump from the tree instead. "I can only usually teleport one to two times before my horn has to charge up a bit. After that, I can't use any magic for about an hour or so."

Applejack bit her lip. "Well... if it causes that much exertion, are ya sure ya want ta teleport into mah house?"

Flim nodded. "Of course! Though, I might have to wait a while to teleport out. Distance is a huge factor, too. The farther I choose to teleport, the harder it is. I just need a lot of practice."

"Ah, alright. If you're alright with usin' it."

"Don't worry, I am. I won't forget it or anything. It's just something that will get better in time, y'know?"

Applejack nodded. "Yeah. So, Ah won't make ya teleport into mah house every night. Just some."

Flim's ear flicked. "Speaking of... when do you want me to try?"

Applejack blushed. "Well... if ya can... tonight would be great. Ah've just been so stressed."

Flim nodded. "Well, certainly!" A second passed before he erupted into laughter.

"What is it?" Applejack asked, raising a brow.

Flim tried to calm down. "Well... I mean, this probably sounds like we want to do something a lot worse."

Applejack's eyes widened as her blush multiplied. "What?! No! Not right now!"

Flim chuckled, ruffling her mane. "Aww, you're cute when you're flustered like that!"

Applejack pouted. "Ah am not."

Flim kissed her forehead. "Oh, you are. So, anyways, how am I going to know where to teleport?"

Applejack's pout disappeared as she blinked. She had honestly never thought about that. "Um... hm..."

"I don't exactly know where your room is. Do you have coordinates? I know I'll be able to teleport based on that."

Applejack shook her head. "No, Ah don't have coordinates... here. How about at nine-thirty tonight, ya come into the orchard and walk up to the east side of the barn and wait out there. That's when we're all supposed to be asleep, so no one would notice ya, especially since the only other one with a bedroom on that side is Apple Bloom, who goes to sleep earlier than the rest of us."

Flim nodded. "That sounds good so far."

"Alright. So, basically, stand out there until ya see me open the window and gesture for ya ta come up. Mah window is the top one on the right. Teleport up there. Don't teleport into the room on the left. That's AB's room, and you'll wake her up for sure."

Flim nodded again. "Alright. Right, right, right. I'll remember that, I promise."

"That's good."

Flim chuckled. "Yeah. Also, is there a way I can see something to teleport onto? I have to find an exact place before teleporting."

Applejack thought. "Hmm... if ya back up a few paces, ya can certainly see the wall. Maybe ya can teleport to the floor right by that wall."

Flim nodded. "That sounds good. I should be able to do that. If I end up in some random spot in your house... I'm sorry."

"Well, let's hope for that not ta happen. Though, if ya do, everyone should be asleep so ya wouldn't have ta worry. Just teleport back out."

"Alright. So... let's hope everything goes alright!"

Applejack kissed his cheek. "Ah hope so. Ah want some sleep."

Flim smiled. "Well, I'll make sure you fall asleep before I leave."

Applejack's eyes widened. "Ya will?"

Flim nodded. "Yeah. I'll leave after I know you're asleep. I'll try my hardest to stay awake."

Applejack shook her head. "Flim, Ah don't want it ta be a problem. Actually... if ya fall asleep, Ah suppose it's not the end of the world. Mah door's gonna be locked, anyways. Y'all will just have ta teleport outside of the orchard, considerin' Mac starts workin' early in the mornin'."

Flim nodded. "Alright. That all sounds good." He walked over behind a bush and grabbed the teleportation book, giving it to Applejack. "You can return this back to Twilight. I don't need it anymore."

Applejack smiled. "Well... alright. Ah'll go do that and go back home ta work," she said, leaning forward and kissing him. "So... see ya later tonight?"

Flim nodded, smiling as well. "Yep. See you tonight. I love you."

Applejack kissed his cheek. "Ah love ya, too. See ya then," she replied, walking out of the woods and over to Twilight's castle. As she continued to walk, she only knew one thing: she was excited for tonight.


As soon as Applejack finished in the bathroom, she walked over to her room and walked inside, closing the door and immediately locking it. She smiled, butterflies taking flight within her stomach. She looked up to the wall and at the clock, checking the time. It was just past nine-thirty. Smiling, she double checked that she locked the door, walking over to the window and opening it. The cool nighttime breeze made its way into her room as she looked out. She scanned the ground, her eyes eventually falling on a yellow unicorn. Fighting the urge to yell out his name, she waved, trying her hardest to catch his attention. Flim eventually found her, waving back before charging his horn up, providing a light to the dark farm. In another second or so, Applejack saw that Flim had disappeared from his original spot, a sound coming from behind her. She looked, seeing Flim teleported where he said he would, looking quite disoriented. Applejack closed the window before walking over to him.

"That wasn't too difficult, right?" She asked before kissing him. Flim shook his head.

"Nah. I'm just happy I ended up here instead of somewhere else in your house," he said, keeping his voice to a low whisper. "Nice place you have here."

Applejack chuckled. "Thanks," she said, stepping over onto her bed. She made sure her alarm was set, laying down. Flim smiled.

"Well, I guess I'll come over, too," he said, stepping from his original spot. As he did, he looked back to see that there was a singe mark from where he teleported. He bit his lip. "Oh. Sorry."

Applejack shook her head. "It's alright. It's just a magic singe, Ah'll clean it tomorrow."

Flim nodded. "Alright," he said, getting in the bed next to Applejack. He chuckled. "Oh, gosh... I don't know how I'm going to stay awake. I haven't been on a bed in forever."

Applejack hugged his side. "Don't worry, it's alright if ya don't," she said, scooting up and kissing him. He kissed her back, gently caressing her head. After spending about a minute and a half kissing, they broke apart, looking into each other's eyes and smiling. Applejack buried her face into his chest.

"Well... Ah'm relaxed," she said, sighing. Flim kissed her head.

"I am, too. I might just stay here but get myself up at about four in the morning."

Applejack's ear flicked. "Are ya sure you'll be able ta do that?"

Flim nodded, kissing her forehead. "Yeah. I have a good internal clock."

Applejack scooted up again, moving his forehead against his. "Well, alright. If you're sure," she said before lightly kissing him. He kissed her back, putting more passion into the action. They broke apart, staring at each other for a few seconds.

"Why didn't Ah think of doin' this before?" Applejack asked. Flim shrugged.

"I don't know. But I'm happy you had this idea. This is... really nice."

Applejack nodded, tightly hugging him. "Yeah." She kissed him again, smiling against his lips. As they pulled apart, Applejack could feel her eyelids start to get heavy.

"Ah should probably get some shut-" she yawned," eye. Ah don't know how much longer Ah can stay up."

Flim smiled as she buried her face in his neck, stroking her mane. "Well, that's good. I'm happy you're able to get some sleep."

Applejack smiled. "Me, too. Ya don't know how nice this is." Applejack kissed his neck. "Goodnight. Ah love ya."

Flim kissed the top of her head, hugging her close. "Alright. Goodnight, Applejack. I love you, too," he said, burying his snout into her mane. Eventually, the two fell asleep quite easily, Applejack still smiling after drifting off.