• Published 28th Dec 2016
  • 2,904 Views, 68 Comments

Equestria Heroes: The 3Ds (starring: Spike, Discord, and Big Mac) - Phantom-Dragon



When Equestria's greatest heroes went missing, Spike, Discord, and Big Mac, embark on a quest to find them.

  • ...
4
 68
 2,904

Appleloosa Rangers Part 4: Discord's Chaotic Musical

After their dramatic escape and entrance, the boys, accompanied by the buffalos, and their pony friends returned to town, where they entered the bar. There, Big Mac was treating himself with a cup of apple cider, Discord was having a cup of chocolate milk, while Spike was drinking a cup of apple juice.

"We really blew it guys," Spike muttered. "Some rescue teams we are."

"Eeyup," Big Mac replied.

Even Discord couldn't find it in himself to lighten up the mood, "Well, at least we're still alive," Discord spoke.

"Unless it's worth living for," Spike sighed. "We're never gonna find the girls, like this."

"Nope," Big Mac agreed.

Not standing to see the heroes in such miserable state, Scarlet Leaves went around back to get change. Then, she walked out on stage, in a red, filly dress, "Excuse me y'all," Scarlet said, catching everybody's attentions. "I'd like to sing a song to my new heroes."

Upon hearing her words, the boys turned their heads, to see the mare on stage, as she began her song.

Feeling the music taking effect, Spike and Big Mac both got out on the floor, as the both did a square dance, together with some other mares in the facility. Discord at first refused to join the fun, still depressed at the thought of never seeing Fluttershy again. That is until he heard the boys sang:

“Hope to see her someday! Hope I’ll find my way, back to the girl I left behind!”

This got Discord interested, as Scarlet continues to sing:

“So tell you will never roam?”

Spike and Big Mac: “We swear we won’t be roaming!”

Scarlet: “You’ll by your fireside!”

Spike and Big Mac: “We’ll all be home sweet home, and kiss her, kiss her, kiss her!”

Finally out of his funk, Discord popped on some western attires, as he joins in the dance with the boys. Braeburn too got in the festivity, with Little Strongheart. All of the ponies all joined in the festivity.

Scarlet: “So where’s the girl you left behind?”

Spike, Discord, and Big Mac: “She’s waiting for a sister! We won’t stop until we’re home, we’ll hug, and hug, and kiss her! I’ll find the girl! I’ll find the girl! I’ll find the girl! I’ll find the girl!”

Soon, both Scarlet, and the boys all ended the song together in a big triumphant, “All right!”

The ponies in the bar all blew whistles and cheers at the heroes’ performances.

Suddenly, a commotion was heard from outside, as the boys and their fellow patrons went out to investigate.

“Oh no, not again,” Braeburn grumbled, as the ponies looked to see King Haggard and the Red Bulls, capturing the ponies, and imprisoning them in a wagon full of crates.

“Hey!” Spike called. “Just what do you think you’re doing?”

“What’s it to you, kid?” Haggard snorted, angrily. “If I can’t have your filly friend! Then, I’m taking these ponies!”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold it,” Discord began. “Back up. What did you say?”

“I’m taking these ponies?”

“No, before that.”

“I can’t have your filly friend?”

“You think she’s our filly friend?”

“Uh....yes? I mean, she’s a filly, and she’s your friend?”

“Oh,” Discord, Spike, and the ponies began together. “That filly friend. You that makes sense.”

“Eeyup,” Big Mac agreed.

“Glad we could clear that up,” Haggard smiled, before he shook his head in frustration. “You’re getting me off topic! Listen here ya varmints!" Haggard grunted. "This town at big enough for all of us!"

"It ain't?" Discord asked, before he looked around, and said. “Be right back.” With that, the draconequus conjured up some tools, and with some of his chaotic powers he had left, Discord spun himself into a tornado, as he went straight to work, building some more buildings, around town. “There, is it big enough for us now?” Discord asked.

Haggard looked in bewilderment, at the new buildings before him, before he frowned, “No it ain’t!” Haggard bellowed.

“Boy, you’re a hard guy to please,” Discord grumbled.

"Now prepare to meet yer maker, boys!” Haggard roared. ”And I don't mean Lauren Faust and Bonnie Zacherle!"

The boys looked at the minotaur for a moment before they shouted, "NEVER!!"

"Welcome to die!" Haggard shouted. "FIRE!!"

With that, the bulls all jumped out of hiding with cannons and fired cannon balls at the boys.

"Hey no fair!" Discord exclaimed. "Cowponies can't afford cannons!"

"Ya can't even turn cream into cheese in your sorry state either!" Haggard retorted.

"Now that just really hurts," Discord grumbled.

"Alright you pinhead galloots!" Haggard exclaimed. "Yer times are up!"

"Who are you calling pinhead?" Discord asked, having his head turned into Patrick Star.

Haggard soon stomped his way over, "And you'll be handing the unicorn over!" Haggard bellowed, pulling out a cannon.

"Oh no we won't," Spike replied, holding out a bigger cannon, courtesy of Discord.

"Ooh yes you will," Haggard pulled out a bigger cannon.

"Oooh no we won't," Spike pulled out a bigger cannon.

"OOOOOH YES you will!" Haggard pulled out a bigger cannon.

"OOOOOH NO WE WON'T!" Spike pulled out a small straw with a tag that reads "Pea Shooter."

Out of impulse, Spike blew into the straw, shooting a small pea out and into Haggard's nose.

"Ooh, right in the schnoz," one of the Red Bulls exclaimed.

"Shut it!" Haggard bellowed.

"You should've blown that one in his eye!" Discord shouted.

Haggard snorted furiously, as he pulls out his cannon, and shot it furiously at the little baby dragon, who quickly dodged out of the way.

"Dance dragon!" Haggard shouted. "Dance!"

With another cannon blast, Spike complied as he took out a bowler hat and cane and danced.

"Take it Haggard!" Spike shouted, turning to the minotaur to do his dance.

Caught off guard, the minotaur quickly did his version of the dance, with Spike and the ponies clapping. However, as soon as Haggard finishes it with a smile and a wave of his hat, he realized too late he was once again duped, when Discord and Big Mac tripped him down a well. A long falling whistle was heard, followed by a splash.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. Poor Haggard the Maroon Minotaur," Discord said. "So trusting, so past his prime, so naive."

While Discord says this, Haggard hauls himself up from the well, soaked, and angrier than ever before. Haggard was so enraged, that his face turned completely red in rage, as he snorted a strong steam of smoke from his nostrils. Letting out an angry bellow, Haggard charges toward the boys.

"WAIT!!!" Discord shouted, as Haggard, Spike, and Big Mac all froze in place, while looking at the draconequus.

Discord conjured up a radio and a country music was played.

"Alright," Discord smirked. "Let's dance."

With that, another brawl between good and evil ensued. One of the red bulls charged at Big Mac, who quickly jumped out of the way, as the bull ran past him, and tripped on a rope, courtesy of Braeburn and Little Strongheart. Spike, meanwhile, was running with some of the red bulls chasing him, until he was saved by one of the buffalos. The buffalo took the young dragon, puts him on his back, and with a snort, the buffalo charged after the young dragon’s attackers.

“Yee-ha~” Spike hollered.

“Come brothers!” Chief Thunderhooves bellowed. “Let us aid our heroes! Let us assist, He-Who-Dance-Good!” With some whoops, the buffalos all charged into the fray.

Meanwhile, some red bulls surrounded Discord, who eyed them all, menacingly, like a traditional western sheriff to criminals, “You’ve got to ask yourself, do you feel lucky?” With that, Discord conjured up several guns, as he asked, “Well, do ya, punks?” With frightened moos, the red bulls all turned yellow as they ran away in fright, and failed to see Discord pulling the triggers, resulting in some puffs of confetti, and flags with the words, “Bang.”

During the fight, Spike jumped at the wagons, as he helped to save the ponies who were trapped in the crates by Haggard.

“Shh,” Spike shushed. “Don’t worry. I’m here to save you guys!” With that, Spike went straight to work, breathing fires, melting the locks on the crates, as he quickly freed the imprisoned ponies.

“Let’s get outta here!” one of the stallions exclaimed in fright.

“Oh, we’re gone!” a colt added, as he and the stallion beat hooves and fled the scene.

Haggard took notice of the escaping ponies, as he bellowed, “The prisoners are escaping!” Turning angrily at the Red Bulls, he hollered, “Don’t just stand there you fools! Stop that dragon!” With that, the bulls complied, only to be stopped by Discord and Big Mac.

“You want Spike?” Discord began. “You’ve got to go through us!”

“Eeyup,” Big Mac agreed, standing his grounds.

The Red Bulls all charged towards the two boys. Discord snapped his finger, conjuring some anvils, and used them as a shield against the charging bulls. Big Mac bucked some of the anvils, launching them like cannons towards the bulls. The Red Bulls tried to counterattack with their own cannons, only for one of Discord’s anvil to be lobbed into their barrels, causing them to backfire.

“I’m surround by idiots!” Haggard bellowed, as he charged through the fray, knocking the bulls, buffalos, and the boys out of the way, before he reached Spike.

“Last one,” Spike panted, before he felt a hot snort on the back of his neck. Turning around, Spike stared, face to face with an angry Haggard.

“You lost little dragon,” Haggard sneered.

“Haggard!” Discord called. “You touch one scale on Spike, and you’ll get what’s coming to you!” Discord threatened. Haggard grabbed the dragon by the tail, unfazed at the draconequus’s threat, “Okay! I warned you!” With that, Discord took out a glass of water, cleared his throat, hum a few tunes. Then, before any pony knew it, Discord burst out yodeling. While doing this, all of the longhorns, buffalos, and even Haggard himself, where put in a trance.

The ponies and Spike all watched in a mixed look of bewilderment and amusement, as Discord had all the bulls and buffalos doing dances, acrobatics, other kinds of circus tricks.

Haggard was doing a square dance with Chief Thunderhooves, before they exchanged partners; Haggard with Little Stronghearts and Thunderhooves with another cow.

The buffaloes did the ballet, while the bulls all did the can can.

“Wow,” Spike began. “Just wow.”

“Eeyup,” Big Mac agreed.

While this show went on, one of the hypnotized bulls accidentally kicked some boxes, spilling out its content, revealing themselves to be a little orange unicorn filly, somewhere around the CMCs' age, with white freckles on her face, and Cherry Jubilee.

"Ms. Jubilee! AMBER!!" Scarlet cried, as she trotted over, untying her boss, and the little filly. The sisters both embraced tenderly.

Spike and Big Mac smiled, seeing they actually did manage to find a pony after all.

Discord kept it up with his yodeling, up until his voice went hoarse and he finally lost his voice. With that, the Red Bull bandits all snapped out of their trances, regaining their senses, and looking down to see they were stacked up, in the formation of an upside down pyramid.

“What the hay?” Haggard exclaimed, before he and the bulls all lost their balance, and collapsed.

“Yeah~” Discord cheered himself. “Go Discord! Go Discord! Go self!”

"Why didn't you just yodel in the first place?" Spike asked. "You could've saved us the trouble of fighting Haggard and the Red Bulls."

“Eeyup.”

"Uh, hello, semi-phenomenal and nearly cosmic?" Discord countered, while knocking Spike's head repeatedly. "Besides, admit it, you and Big Mac enjoyed kicking those bullies in the plot. Think about, it could be a big boost for your reputations." With that, Discord conjured up an article of the Equestria Daily that reads, "Spike, the brave and glutinous, and his faithful sidekick, Big Burger, brings cold stone justice upon Haggard and the Red Bulls!" On the newspaper, was a photoshop of Spike as a very fat dragon, and Big Mac as a burger, sitting triumphantly over Haggard and the Red Bulls.

Spike and Big Mac rolled their eyes, while Discord's face turned into a troll. Spike looked at the defeated bulls, before he noticed something among the wreckage.


Later

After the commotion was settled, Princess Celestia, along with some royal guards, came to arrest Haggard and the Red Bulls.

"Princess Celestia!" Spike gasped, as he bowed his head, followed by Big Mac and Discord.

"Well done boys," Princess Celestia smiled. "You've certainly did a splendid job, to bring Haggard and his Red Bulls to justice. And furthermore, you've actually succeeded in finding a lost filly."

"Thanks to Discord and his yodel," Spike smirked, as he and Big Mac turn their head to the draconequus, who quickly took the time to talk with the readers.

"You know, this all reminds me of the time when I auditioned for the role of that loony, musical butterfly in the 1982 movie, The Last Unicorn," Discord's smile quickly shifted to a frown as he scowled, "I didn't get the part!" With that, Discord turned his attention back to Princess Celestia, and the boys'.

"Yeah, we found some ponies alright," Spike began sadly. "But still, no Twilight and the others," Spike sighed sadly.

"Nope," Big Mac added in equal solemn.

"All we could find was this object," Spike explained as he hold out the glass ball.

Celestia levitated the object up close, "You did good boys. What matters now is that we finally have a lead on something."

"Spike! Big Mac! Discord!" Scarlet called out, as she, Cherry Jubilee, and Amber trotted to the boys. "I just wanted to say, thank you all for helping me find my little sister. You're all great heroes."

"You're my hero!" Amber squealed in delight, looking at the boys with sparkles in her eyes.

The boys all looked bashful, as they scratched the back of their heads, “All in a day’s work,” Spike replied on his and the boys’ behalf.

“Eeyup,” Big Mac agreed.

“Yes,” Discord began, looking sadly to the side. ‘If only Fluttershy was here to see this. She would be so proud of me.’

“I would also like to say,” Cherry began with a smile. “I wish you boys luck on finding Applejack and the rest of the missing ponies! I know that Equestria is in safe hooves, with brave heroes like you three boys.”

“Imagine that,” Spike smirked, before he let out a yawn, followed by the boys.

“But for now, you boys need some rests,” Princess Celestia spoke. “Even heroes need their sleeps.”

“Eeyup,” Big Mac yawned. “Let’s head back to Ponyville.”

“I’ll second to that,” Discord yawned, preparing to snap his fingers, when he took notice of Spike, looking at some posters, "You coming Spike?" Discord asked.

"Be there in a moment," Spike replied, before he turned back to all the posters of the missing ponies on the wall. Amber and Cherry Jubilee have been found, so their posters have just been removed, leaving:

Missing ponies:

1. Amethyst Star
2. Sweet Biscuit
3. Sapphire Shores

And the latest,

4. Princess Twilight Sparkle
5. Rainbow Dash
6. Fluttershy
7. Pinkie Pie
8. Rarity
9. Applejack
10. Starlight Glimmer

“Hold on girls,” Spike talked to the posters. “Wherever you girls are, we’re on the way. I promise.”