• Published 28th Dec 2016
  • 2,875 Views, 68 Comments

Equestria Heroes: The 3Ds (starring: Spike, Discord, and Big Mac) - Phantom-Dragon



When Equestria's greatest heroes went missing, Spike, Discord, and Big Mac, embark on a quest to find them.

  • ...
4
 68
 2,875

Appleloosa Rangers Part 2: Missing Sister

After their battle with Haggard and the Red Bulls, the boys escaped into town, before taking shelter at Braeburn's house, with the mare following.

"Phew, I think we lost them," Braeburn panted, peeking from the curtains of his window.

Meanwhile, the three boys were getting themselves acquainted with the unicorn they had just saved.

"Thanks you boys," the mare exclaimed. "Y'all saved my life."

"Oh, it's nothing," Spike replied.

"Eeyup," Big Mac added.

"My name is Scarlet Leaves," the mare, now identified as Scarlet Leaves, explained. "And who might you boys be?"

"I'm Spike, pleased to meet you," Spike as he shook hoof with Scarlet, before turning to Big Mac. "And this is Big McIntosh. Or Big Mac for short."

"Eeyup," Big Mac agreed.

"He's not much of a talker," Spike explained.

"Nope."

"And I am Discord," Discord announced dramatically. "Former lord of chaos and a fellow hero of Equestria, at your service."

"Nice to meet y'all," Scarlet smiled. "So what brings y'all to Appleloosa? No offense, but y'all certainly don't look like you were just passing through town by coincidence."

"Nope," Big Mac replied, as he continues. "We're here to find our missing friends and ponies."

Scarlet gasped in shock, "You're the rescue team? But I thought Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends were the rescue team."

The boys, including Braeburn, looked hesitant, before they explained the whole story to the mare. Scarlet could hardly believe everything she just heard.

"Princess Twilight Sparkles and the girls too?" The boys nodded their heads sadly. "Gosh, I'm sorry I asked."

"No need to apologize," Spike replied. "You didn't know."

"So," Scarlet began. "The three of you are looking for the missing ponies?"

"Eeyup."

"Then, would it be alright if I come along? I'm looking for some ponies as well."

"Who?" The boys asked.

"Ms. Jubilee and my little sister, Amber," Scarlet set herself comfortable as she began recalling the events from before. "It went so fast. One moment, my sister and I were working for a living with Ms. Jubilee in Dodge City. Next thing I knew, there was a flash of light, fires, screaming, and before I knew it, my boss and my sister were missing. All that was left of my sister, was this...." Using her magic, levitating from her saddlebag was a burnt teddy bear. The sight of it nearly made the boys, mostly Spike, cry. "After I helped put out the fire in Dodge City, I found some tracks leading out of the city. They certainly don't look like pony tracks, so I followed them, hoping they would lead me to my sister and boss. But I lost their trail, after a run in with a tatzulwurm. I would've been eaten, had the buffalos not come to my rescue. After a few days of resting, I was back on my hooves and made it here, to make some missing pony report. But it's been more than a week now, and I'm really getting worried for my sister and Ms. Jubilee."

The boys looked at the mare in sympathy.

Finally, Discord, popping on a military attire, shades, stood up in his chair as he declared, "Well, Ms. Leaves, consider your sister and boss searched and destroyed."

"What?" Scarlet inquired in bewilderment.

Realizing his mistake, Discord chuckled as he sheepishly explains, "I mean rescued! Search and rescued," Seeing the awkward glances he is still receiving, Discord scowled, "Oh come on, it's a joke."

Spike cleared his throat as he began, "Um, what Discord means to say is, we'll definitely help you find your sister and Cherry Jubilee."

"You mean it?" Scarlet gasped.

"Eeyup," Big Mac confirmed.

"Count me in," Braeburn added. "Applejack's out there, and we members of the Apple Family just gotta stick together."

"Eeyup."

"I love you guys!" With that, Scarlet ran up to the boys and gave each of them a peck on the cheek, leaving them all with a shade of pink on their cheeks. Scarlet giggled at their reactions, before she asked, "So, where do we begin?"

"Well, didn't you say before, there were some tracks close by?" Spike inquired.

"Yes, I did," Scarlet replied. "But I don't want to go back out there and find them. Especially since there's a tatzlewurm out there," the mare shuddered at the thought of the tatzlewurm.

"Alright then!" Discord announced. "We'll do this, my way!" With that, he stared the mare in the eyes. Suddenly, Discord's eyes were caught on fire.

"Discord! What's wrong?" Spike asked. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I like setting my eyes on fire," Discord replied sarcastically, conjuring up a glass of water to dose the fire out. "Of course I'm not okay! This magical lock is preventing me from looking into her mind for clues!"

"Well, looking into somepony's mind is a direct violation of their privacy," Spike said. "So it shouldn't be much of a surprise that Twilight and the girls would put a restriction on that kind of power on you."

"Well couldn't they've just make an exception? I mean, we are trying to find them and all."

"Well, Twilight did say you have to learn how to help the ponies of Equestria without the excessive use of your magics."

"Eeyup," Big Mac agreed.

Discord pounted, "Fine, why don't you ask her for a lead, if you think you can do it without my magic."

With that, Spike walked up to the mare as he asked, "Please Scarlet. The least you could do was try to not think about the tatzlewurm. Anything you have could be a clue that would help us find our friends and your sister."

"Eeyup."

"Alright," Scarlet breathed. "Don't think about the worm. Think about tracks," Then, it came to her. "Tracks, tracks....OH!" Scarlet gasped.

"What?" Spike asked. "What is it?"

"I remember passing by a tunnel with some old railroad tracks," Scarlet answered. "I was passing it while I was being chased by the worm."

Braeburn suddenly spoke up. "Hey, now that I think about it, a few days ago, the buffalos did once told me that they've seen some suspicious characters hiding out in one of the abandoned mines nearby. It didn't occur to me then, but it could be one of them monsters you boys ran into in Canterlot," Braeburn turns his attention to Scarlet, "Or perhaps whoever fillynapped your sister and Ms. Jubilee."

"Then that's where we'll go!" Spike exclaimed.

"Eeyup."

"Then what are we sitting around here for?" Discord asked, as he got down from his seat. "Let's get this show on the road!" With a snap of his fingers, the five all vanished in a flash of light, before they reappeared.......in the same room.

"Alright you dirty flea bitten dogs!" Discord said, while dressed in a cowboy attire, with an oversize hat, and holding two toy guns with corks in them. "Hand over Fluttershy! Or I'll.....I'll," Spike took the hat off of Discord, giving the draconequus a better look, he looked in bewilderment. "What the?" Discord snapped his fingers again, but the result was still the same.

"Guess we're gonna have to get there the old fashioned way," Spike suggested.

"Eeyup," Big Mac agreed.

"Oh, pooh," Discord moaned.