• Published 28th Dec 2016
  • 2,906 Views, 68 Comments

Equestria Heroes: The 3Ds (starring: Spike, Discord, and Big Mac) - Phantom-Dragon



When Equestria's greatest heroes went missing, Spike, Discord, and Big Mac, embark on a quest to find them.

  • ...
4
 68
 2,906

Canterlot Catastrophe part 2.

Inside the castle, Prince Blueblood was hiding beneath a couch.

"Some pony save me!" Prince Blueblood whimpered. "I'm far too handsome, suave, and talented to be a royal meal for these monsters."

Suddenly, the ceiling broke as Big Mac and Spike came flying in, crash landed on the couch, unintentionally squashing the prince.

"Wow, just our luck!" Spike exclaimed. "We got blasted off, crashed through the castle roof, and landed on a big comfy couch."

"Eeyup." Big Mac agreed.

"Now let's go find our friends!"

With that, Big Mac and Spike all left for the throne room, while Prince Blueblood, flat as a pancake, crawled out from the couch.

"I hope monsters aren't interested in pony pancakes," Prince Blueblood groaned, before he came face to face to a giant warthog. Next thing that was heard is the sound of a bloodcurdling scream.


As Big Mac and Spike ran through the halls, more monsters came bursting through the windows, ceilings, and the floor. Seeing the boys, the monsters let out a growl as they slowly advanced on them. Knowing they would have to fight their way through, Spike and Big Mac nodded their head as they went into battle mode.

Spike let out a huge burst of flame at an ant monster, who quickly defended itself from the flame with its huge shield, before it swung its sword, mace, and ax at the dragon with its other arms. Luckily, Spike dodged the attacks as he rolled beneath the creature and breathed fire on its abdomen, causing it to shriek in pain.

Big Mac, meanwhile, fought off some of the pig monsters, as they charged at the stallion, with their shields up, protecting themselves from the stallion's kicks. One of the pigs threw a lasso around Big Mac.

"Gotcha!" it snorted.

"Nope," Big Mac smirked, as he grabbed the rope in his mouth and started to thrash the pig around with it. Eventually, Big Mac began to use the pig as a makeshift flail, as he attack all the other pigs and ant monsters in the vicinity. "Spike!" Big Mac called. "Coming at ya, little feller!"

Spike, who was still occupied with the ant, looked up and saw a pig flying at him. Reacting fast, Spike jumped away as the pig smashes into the ant. Spike looked around to see more ant monsters flooding in.

"We're getting nowhere," Spike sighed, seeing the overwhelming number of monsters flooding into the castle.

"Nope," Big Mac said. "But I ain't going down like this!"

With that, Big Mac picked Spike up, and with his hoof out, Big Mac charged through the horde like a professional football player, knocking the monsters out of the way. Some ant creatures tried to tackle the stallion, but Big Mac was too fast for them as he made several sharp turns, dodging the monsters. Some of the pigs tried to catch Big Mac with some nets and bolas, but Spike quickly burnt them away. As Big Mac came closer to the end of the hall, the ant creatures quickly formed together a barrier, blocking the boys from progressing. Thinking fast, Big Mac threw Spike at one of the ants, knocking it out, causing the entire formation to collapse.

Spike came screaming as he fell back down to the ground. Luckily, Big Mac caught the little dragon just in time.

"Woo hoo! Touchdown!" Big Mac cheered, "Big Mac! Big Mac! He's our man! If he can't do it, no one can! Eeyup!" However, Big Mac was so into character, that he ended up thrusting Spike into the ground, forgetting he wasn't an actual football. Big Mac cringed as he looked at the Spike shaped hole in the ground, breaking a sweat as he called, "Spike? Uh, you okay, little fella?"

An angry Spike poked his head out of the ground, before answering begrudgingly, "Nope."


Meanwhile, with Blueblood, he had just gotten away from the warthog earlier. After that, he was in his room, packing his belongings, before making his escape.

"I've had just about enough of this place!" Blue blood exclaimed, running to the front door, levitating several suitcases. "I'm taking the next train to the Crystal Empire."

Suddenly, the front door burst open, and a fire breathing bull came charging in, snorting a stream of fire from its nostril. Letting out a girlish scream, Prince Blueblood dropped all of his suitcases as he ran through the castle, with the bull behind him, and Discord, dressed as a cowboy, galloping on a toilet plunger, behind the bull, hollering, "Hee-yah! C'mon, get on there little Rusty! Yee-Haw!!"


After charging their way through the monster infested hallways, Big Mac and Spike finally reached the throne room, where they find Princess Celestia and Princess Luna fighting the monsters.

"Princess!" Spike and Big Mac shouted, before they charged into the fight to help out.

"Spike!" Princess Celestia panted. "I'm so glad to see you and Big Mac!"

"Feeling's mutual princess," Spike replied, before blasting a flying monkey away with his fireball. "By the way, where are Twilight and the girls now? Some guard told me they would be here."

Before Princess Celestia could answer, she was blinded by a yellow slime, shot by one of the ants, who stood about the same height as the alicorn princesses, clad in dark red armor plates, while holding a long staff, with pincers on one end, and a sharp spearhead on the other end.

"Tia!" Princess Luna cried, rushing to her sister's side.

The ant was about to fire his slimes at the night alicorn, had Big Mac not interfered, knocking the staff out of its claws. Angered for the stallion's interference, the ant towered itself over the stallion, as it let out a bloodcurdling scream. Knowing he's in trouble, Big Mac galloped, with the angry ant behind him.

Meanwhile, Spike rushed towards the sun princess, helping her up as he asked, "Are you okay, your highness?"

"I'm fine," Princess Celestia replied. "I just can't see for the moment."

"Do not fret, sister," Princess Luna explained, casting a spell on her sister. "I'll get it off."

Suddenly, the doors burst opened, and Blueblood came running in, with a fire breathing bull hot on his tail, literally.

"Auntie! Help!" Blueblood cried, as he jumped behind his aunts for protection.

The bull was about to charge after the prince again, when Big Mac came with the giant ant from before. Seeing the bull charging in, Big Mac made a quick stop, sticking his hoof out, tripping the ant, who tumbled forward, crashing into the bull. The ant and bull were left in a daze, while Big Mac manages to get away, unscathed.

"Nice one, Big M," Spike said, bumping his fist with the stallion.

"Eeyup."

Prince Blueblood poked his head out, cringing in disgust when he took notice of Spike and Big Mac, "Oh great...as if suffering from a whole pack of monsters wasn't enough, I now have to contend myself with a filthy commoner...."

"Hey!" Big Mac yelled in outrage.

"....And a slimy reptile."

"Slimy reptile?" Spike shouted in equal outrage.

Before the two boys could give the prince a piece of their mind, the doors burst open again, and there stood Discord, clad in a super hero costume, while boldly declaring, "Never fear Fluttershy! For I, your savior, Discord, the talented, handsome, courageous, and suave lord of......" Discord soon took notice that Fluttershy was nowhere in sight. "Fluttershy? Are you there?" The only response he received was a series of blank stares from the princesses, the boys, and the monsters in the room.

"Great," Prince Blueblood broke the silence, unamused. "As if getting surrounded by the filthy commoners isn't enough, I now have to deal with a misshapen beast?"

Ignoring the prince's rude remark, Discord glared at all the monsters in the room as his eyes glowed red in anger, "Where is Fluttershy?" he growled. "I demand to know where she is!"

"I was just going to ask that Discord," Spike said, turning to Princess Celestia. "So um, Princess? Twilight and the girls?"

Before Princess Celestia could answer again, the giant ant from before finally got up, as he reclaims his staff, and with a buzz from his antenna, more of his comrades came flooding into the room.

"Why don't we talk later, after we deal with these monster?" Princess Celestia asked worryingly.

"Ok," Spike agreed, reluctantly.

"Well, if we must fight these monsters just to find Fluttershy, then so be it, " Discord grumbled turning to the monsters in question. "Now, if none of you losers are going to fight for Fluttershy, then I will," With that, Discord's feet revved up like wheels as he took off, screaming, "CHARGE!!"

Discord was nothing but a blurring tornado, as he repeatedly kick his legs, karate chop with his hands, and whipping his tail at the monsters, all the while saying random things like, "Take that! Take this! Let's go! Let's go! Look at my muscles! Heart of a lion, that's me! I invented float like a butterfly and sting like bee! You're no match for Discord power! Hiyah! Cowabunga!"

"You go, Discord!" Spike cheered, with Big Mac.

"Yup!"

After awhile, all of the monsters, except the giant ant, were soon defeated, at the time which Discord began to tire out, having pushed himself to his limit, until at last, he collapsed in exhaustion. The giant ant walked over to the fallen draconequus, with its staff raised, ready to plunge the sharp end into the draconequus.

"NO!!" Spike yelled, as he and Big Mac piled onto the ant, stopping it from hurting their friend.

Angered again for the interference, the giant ant swung its staff, blasting a ray of magic at the boys, who dodged out of the way. Big Mac jumped forward, bucking his legs out at the ant, who blocked every one of the stallion's kicks and punches with its arms, before retaliating with its staff. Spike, meanwhile, rolled beneath the ant, breath fire at its abdomen, causing the ant to scream in pain, before one its arms reached beneath it, grabbing the little dragon by the tail, and bringing him up to its face, while stopping Big Mac from coming to the rescue by firing sticky slimes at the stallion from its staff. The ant roared in Spike's face, showing its razor sharp pincers and several rows of teeth. Out of fear, Spike breathed a small fireball, into the ant's mouth. The ant tossed the dragon away as it went into a fit of cough.

Meanwhile, Princess Celestia, Princess Luna, and Prince Blueblood, were attending Discord, with Prince Blueblood sneering, "For some misshapen freak who is all so determined to fight for this Fluttershy, you certainly put up quite a feeble display of fighting for your marefriend."

"Blueblood!" Princess Celestia scolded.

"Well I certainly take offense to that, Bluey!" Discord retorted. "At least I have some pony worth fighting for. All you ever did in this whole big mess was attempting to run away from Canterlot, abandoning your aunts, just to save your miserable life."

"I wasn't abandoning Canterlot!" Blueblood retorted. "I was out looking for reinforcements. Yeah that's it!"

"Liar liar," Discord taunted. "Pants on fire. If you ponies were even wearing any pants."

Back with Big Mac and Spike, the two of them continued their fight with the ant, who had just recovered from his cough fit. The ant doesn't seem to be backing down, when it heard a high pitch buzzing from somewhere.

"The signal!" the ant screeched.

"You can talk?!" Spike and Big Mac both gasped, as the ant shot a death glare at them.

With a twirl of its staff, the ant growled, "This is not over yet!" With a slam of its staff, there was a bright flash of crimson light, blinding Spike, Big Mac, Discord, the princesses, and the prince. By the time the light subsided, all of the monsters were gone.

Discord got up, feeling rejuvenated. Well, rejuvenated enough for his sentence. "What just happened?" he asked, turning to the rest of the boys, who were just as puzzled.


"Status on the civilians," Princess Celestia asked a guard.

"The evacuation was a success," the guard reported. "Everypony were all safe and accounted for. They're all a little shaken up. But nothing too serious."

Princess Celestia nodded as the guard was on his way. She turned her head to the throne room and was met with the sight of the boys, waiting anxiously for her.

"So princess," Spike began. "What just happened? How did it happen? Where are Twilight and the others? And what were those monsters? Where did they come from?"

"Yes, and most of all, where is Fluttershy?" Discord asked demandingly.

"And where's Applejack?" Big Mac asked in concern.

"I wish I knew," Princess Celestia began. "It all happened so fast. One moment, I was delighted to see my faithful student and her friends. Next thing I knew, those monsters came out of nowhere and attacked the city. And it's very strange, considering that one of those monsters were the Myrmidons."

"The what?" Spike asked.

"The Myrmidons," Princess Celestia explained. "They were once a colony of ordinary ants when they discovered magics in their kingdom, which made them grew strong and intelligent. The Myrmidons are brilliant craftsmen, having been able to construct their underground citadel in a matter of weeks. However, they can be very hostile when their domains are being threatened."

"So they attacked us because some pony made them mad or something?" Spike inquired.

"No," Princess Celestia exclaimed. "It couldn't be. I've known their leader, Queen Atta, for many moons. She was wise and benevolent and a dear friend of mine. I don't see any reason why she would ever want to attack us." Princess Celestia pondered, a bit as she said. "Come to think of it, I haven't heard a word from her in a long while."

"Yes, well moving on," Discord began. "Why don't we focus more on the fact that our friends are missing! And by friends, yes, I'm including Fluttershy!"

"Oh yeah, that's right!" Spike gasped. "Where are Twilight and the others?"

"I don't know," Celestia answered sadly.

"YOU DON'T KNOW?!" the boys gasped.

"I'm sorry boys," Celestia sighed. "Like I said before, I wished I knew. The last time I saw them, they had just arrived here in this very room, just as the monsters had invaded Canterlot. Then there was a great big flash of light, and they were gone."

"You mean, they just disappeared?" Spike asked, to which Celestia nodded. Now the boys looked even more worried.

"That officially makes a total of twelve ponies to have gone missing this month," Princess Celestia said sadly. "This is completely getting out of hoof for me. I was hoping that Twilight and her friends would be able to help us investigate these disturbing cases of ponies going missing. But now that they're the ones missing in action, I don't know who else to turn to."

The boys looked at the princess in sympathy. They understood how much Twilight and the girls meant to her. She was just as concerned as they are for the girls' safety. With a look of determination, Spike exclaimed, "I'll do it."

This caught Celestia and the boys by surprise as she looked at the little dragon. "Spike?"

"I'll go and find Twilight and the others," Spike explained. "After all, I am her number one assistant. And it's my job to help her whenever she's in trouble. Besides, something tells me that this monster attack is somehow connected with all these strange disappearances. So I'm going out there to find and rescue our friends!"

"Spike," Celestia gasped, smiling as she sense the honesty and love in his voice.

"Spike," Discord spoke. "If you're going out on a perilous journey of impeccable danger, with chances of coming back as the conquering hero," Discord smiled. "Then sign me up! For Fluttershy!"

"Eeyup!" Big Mac said as he joined in.

Spike looked at his two guy friends, smiling at their words, before sticking his fist out. The boys soon followed, before raising their fists up, shouting "For the magic of friendship!!"

Princess Celestia smiled at the sight of the three boys, vowing to find, not only the missing ponies, but also their missing friends and family.

"Thank you boys," Celestia smiled. "I can't tell you all how grateful I am for your decisions."

"You don't have to say a thing, your highness," Spike replied. "We're happy to help out."

"Eeyup."

"So, any idea where we should start?" Spike asked.

Discord rolled his eyes, before stepping forward, "Well, isn't obvious?" Discord asked. "We have a crime scene right here! And a fresh one at that! Now all we have to do is look for clues that can lead us to our friends and Fluttershy!" With that, Discord conjured up a bowler hat, and a magnify glass, through which his eye was sticking out of, as he scan the floor. Before either Spike and Big Mac could even take a step, Discord shouted, "EUREKA!! I got something!!"

"What?" the boys and princess asked.

Discord got down on all four, sniffing and licking the floor, analyzing, "A faint trail of magic residue. Teleportation. And judging by how warm it is, it was just used to make a quick getaway for the kidnappers." Discord licked the floor again, analyzing, "I'm also detecting a hint of apple sauce. Faint whiff of sugar. Applejack's quite the baker, so it wouldn't surprise me if this was her dirty work. Oh, wait, I also pick up the smell of earthy wind. And if I'm not mistaken, I'm getting a taste of turquoise."

"Appleloosa!" Spike shouted. "Apple scents. Earthy wind. Turquoise. It must've came from Appleloosa."

"Eeyup!" Big Mac agreed.

"Twilight and the girls must be in Appleloosa!"

"Eeyup."

"Then that is where we should start our search!" With that, Discord don up a Robin Hood costume, as he shouted, "Onward and yonward."

In a flash of light, the boys are gone, leaving Princess Celestia in the room, lowering her head as she whispers, "Hear my prayer mother. Watch over our heroes."

Author's Note:

See you guys in 2017.