• Published 28th Dec 2016
  • 2,906 Views, 68 Comments

Equestria Heroes: The 3Ds (starring: Spike, Discord, and Big Mac) - Phantom-Dragon



When Equestria's greatest heroes went missing, Spike, Discord, and Big Mac, embark on a quest to find them.

  • ...
4
 68
 2,906

Canterlot Catastrophe part 1.

Spike looked down at the street between him and the castle, infested with monsters that are tearing up Canterlot.

"C'mon Spike," Spike said to himself, trying to put on a brave face. "You've got to do this! Twilight's in there, with Rarity and the others! They could be in trouble! They need me!"

Spike tried to run to the castle, but another blast of fire from one of the bulls was enough to make him yelp as he ran back to Discord and Big Mac.

"I can't do it," Spike whimpered. "What can I do to get there? I'm just a little dragon! They're giant, angry monsters!"

"And our friends are in the castle, surrounded by giant, angry monsters!" Discord began. "So what's it going to be? Let the monsters have our friends? Or charge in as heroes and save our friends? Besides, look at it this way, it's just like Ogres & Oubliettes."

"Yeah, but this time, the monsters are real!" Spike replied. "Not cardboards!"

"And guess what? So are we! Just keep telling yourself, 'I'm Garbunkle, the great and powerful!'"

Spike closed his eyes and repeated, "I'm Garbunkle, the great and powerful!" Each repeat of the phrase got him psyched, until his look of fear was replaced with a look of determination. "I'm Garbunkle, the great and powerful! I'M GARBUNKLE THE GREAT AND POWERFUL!!" Feeling pumped, Spike shouted, "FOR THE MAGIC OF FRIENDSHIP!" With that, the young dragon charge forward into battle.

"Alright!" Discord began. "While he keeps the monster busy, you and I storm the castle and save Fluttershy!"

"Nope!" Big Mac shook his head.

"What?! Why not?" Discord looked at the stallion in bewilderment. "Oh! Don't worry! When we rescue Fluttershy, we'll rescue your sister and the others."

Big Mac shook his head as he pointed his hoof in the direction where Spike ran off to.

"Oh I'm sure he'll be alright on his own," an explosion went off, followed by the sound of Spike screaming. "Then again, maybe not."

"Nope."

"Well, a price to pay for the greater good. Right?"

"Nope."

"You're right. That's low, even if my intentions were good for Fluttershy."

"Eeyup."

"And I wouldn't be restored to full powers if I let something happen to Spike."

"Eeyup."

Another explosion went off, as Discord and Big Mac looked on in the blazes, while hearing their friend screaming.

"Hold on Spike!" Discord yelled. "We're coming!"

With that, the draconequus and stallion both ran after their dragon friend.


Spike kept on running through the chaotic street of Canterlot, not caring about the monsters that were chasing the ponies, and the buildings they were destroying.

Not looking where he was going, Spike ran into one of the pig creatures, and it squealed in anger, as it raises its mace, preparing to smash the dragon. Spike quickly rolled to the side, dodging the attack, before he took off, screaming. The pig creature quickly chased the dragon into an alley, cornering the dragon. Spike, out of fear, breathed fire into the pig's face, while unintentionally lighting up a nearby crate of fireworks that were conveniently placed, setting off the rockets, scaring the pig off. Spike smiled, before he heard the sound of bricks breaking apart from behind and a gust of hot air blew hard on the back of his neck. Spike slowly turned around to see one of the bulls up close. It stood, almost as big as a buffalo, with red blazing fiery eyes, giant bronze horns, cloven hooves, and teeth, through which fires can be seen spewing out of.

"Um, howdy?" Spike said, meekly.

The bull roared in his face, and Spike quickly took off screaming, with the bull hot on his trail.

Big Mac and Discord arrived later to see their friend being chased by the bull. Before the two could rush in to save their friend, they were stopped by more pig creatures and the flying monsters.

One of the pig creatures jumped on Big Mac, who ran around, attempting to buck the creature off, while at the same time, bucked some of the other pig monsters in the face.

Discord looked around among the rubbles, and an idea was formed.

"Well, at least I'm good for something," Discord said, as he revved his feet up like wheels, and in a cartoonish way, Discord speedily picked up the rubbles, and hammered them into place.

"Ta-da!" Discord said, triumphantly, presenting his creation, before whistling to some of the flying monsters, "Yoo-hoo! Polly want a cracker?"

The flying monsters looked, insulted, as Discord conjured a pack of crackers in his claw and pecking them like a chicken. Discord, seeing they took the bait, sidestepped at the last second, as the monsters flew past him and got caught in the rubber of his giant slingshot.

"Yo Big Mac," Discord shouted, just as the flying monsters were launched from his giant slingshot. "Hit the deck!"

Big Mac did just that as the monsters came flying and crashed into the pig monsters like bowling pins, and a red X magically appeared.

"Oh yeah!" Discord cheered. "I'm ready for you Angry Birds!"

Big Mac looked to see some more guards holding back some of the ant creatures from reaching some of the ponies. Big Mac looked, and saw a cart, filled with barrels that contained wines. Big Mac quickly bucked the cart, sending it rolling into the the ant creatures, scattering them. As the ants got up, they shrieked angrily, charging after Big Mac, who didn't hesitate, running for his life.

Meanwhile, Spike was still running around Canterlot, with any angry bull right behind him. Spike jumped up crates, barrels, and climbed up trees, trying to get away from the bull, but it was too persistent to give up its chase, and it was very strong, considering how it managed to charge through a two story building, which luckily, no pony was in it. Spike then passed Donut Joe's donut shop and grabbed some donut boxes from the shattered display.

"Sorry, I'll pay them back later! Thank you!" Spike called out, before he threw the donuts at the bull. "Here! Eat chocolate! Vanilla! Caramel! Jelly-filled!"

Big Mac was still on the run from the angry ant creatures, as he rounded a corner and bumped into Spike.

"Who's chasing you?" they asked, before they both answered, "Ants. Bull."

Spike and Big Mac looked to see they were both surrounded, before they embraced each other.

"What'll it be Big Mac?" Spike asked. "A bull's burger served extra crispy? Or an appetizer for an army of ants?"

"I don't know!" Big Mac whimpered. "I wish I can choose neither!"

"It was nice knowing you, Big Mac," Spike cried, embracing the stallion harder.

"Eeyup," Big Mac hold the little dragon closer. "Same to you little guy."

The boys closed their eyes, waiting for the inevitable, but nothing happened.

"Are we dead yet?" Spike asked, still closing his eyes.

Big Mac peeked one of his eyes open.

"Nope," he replied. "We're still alive. And look!"

Spike and Big Mac opened their eyes to see the ants fighting the bull, that was bucking, and roasting the ants that were piling on it.

"Whoa! What a fight!" Spike gasped.

"Eeyup."

"Let's get out while the getting's good," Spike whispered.

"Yup," Big Mac answered quietly.

The boys tiptoed away until, they heard a bellow. There stood the bull, bellowing in triumph over the ants.

"Don't look now!" Spike screamed. "He's after us!"

"Eeyup!"

The bull was about to resume it's chase, until Discord arrived on the scene and kicked its plot. The bull turned around to see Discord blowing a raspberry at it. It angrily charges after the draconequus, who quickly disappeared and reappeared, dressed as a matador.

"Though I can't teleport," Discord explained to the readers. "I do get to make a quick change in wardrobe."

Discord cleared his throat, before pulling out a red cape and shouted, "Toro!"

The bull charges toward the cape, which Discord quickly pulled away while shouting out, "Olé!"

"Toro! Toro!" Discord repeated, taunting the bull, before quickly pulling the cape away and shouted, "Olé!"

At one point, there was an anvil behind the cape, and the bull rammed its head into the object, leaving it in a dizzy state. Discord took a bow before all the ponies, who were cheering for him. Having enough of the draconequus, the bull furiously charges after Discord, who jumped out of the way just in time, for it to miss him and to run off a cliff, screaming.

"Well, that takes care of that bully," Discord smirked, as he went to rejoin Spike and Big Mac, who were already on their way to the castle.

"Thanks you guys!" Spike panted. "Couldn't have make it without all of you."

"No problem, Spike," Discord replied. "What're friends for? Besides, Twily wouldn't be too happy if we left her number one assistant unprotected."

"Eeyup."

"Now let's go save our friends!" Spike exclaimed, as the boys continue their way towards the castle.


The boys hadn't gone very far, when more ant creatures arrived and they surrounded the castle.

"Now how are we going to get in?" Spike asked.

The boys pondered for a moment, before a lightbulb appeared over Discord's head.

"Perhaps its time unleash the genius of Discord!" Discord declared dramatically, before he spun himself into a tornado, grabbing Big Mac and Spike, along with some other discarded objects.

Later, Big Mac stood, dressed like a football player, with Spike in his hoof, dressed like a football, and together they stood in the middle of a target's bulls eye, painted on a platform Discord had built.

"Okay," Discord said, dressed like a coach, instructing Big Mac. "Knees bent. Hooves up. Heads down. Neck straight. Stomach in. Shoulders back. Keep it in. Now go flying and scream like a girl!"

"Ee-wait WHAT?!"

Before they knew it, the two were sent flying, screaming when the platform sprang itself up.

"Ah Discord, you've outdone yourself," Discord said to himself proudly. "If Fluttershy could see me no-" Discord's eyes bulged wide open when he realized something. "Oh no! What've I done?"