• Published 28th Dec 2016
  • 2,906 Views, 68 Comments

Equestria Heroes: The 3Ds (starring: Spike, Discord, and Big Mac) - Phantom-Dragon



When Equestria's greatest heroes went missing, Spike, Discord, and Big Mac, embark on a quest to find them.

  • ...
4
 68
 2,906

Guys' Night to Guys' Fight

It was a busy day for Princess Celestia, as she looked over some file, when a guard burst into the throne room.

"Your highness!" the guard shouted. "Urgent news from Las Pegasus!"

"Don't tell me..." Princess Celestia said grimly. "Another one?"

"Yes!" the guard panted. "The fifth one we've had this month!"

Princess Celestia gasped as she order some guards to be on their way, before writing a letter to Twilight.


That afternoon, Twilight and her friends were waiting on the platform, waiting for the next train to Canterlot. Spike was there to see them off with Discord and Big Mac.

"This must be very serious, if Princess Celestia is requesting that we all come to Canterlot, immediately!" Twilight exclaimed.

"Probably to send us off on another heroic, awesome, death daring adventure," Rainbow Dash said with confidence.

"When was the last time Princess Celestia would ever do that?" Rarity asked. "We've got the map to for that, remember?"

"Maybe it's something that's not a friendship problem," Rainbow countered. "My guess is that we'll be facing some pony eating monster, like that bugbear."

"Or maybe there's a bad guy on the lose that we need to capture and bring 'em to justice," said Applejack.

"Or maybe it has something to do with this!" Rarity cried, levitating a newspaper before the ponies, dragon, and draconequus, with the headline reading: Las Pegasus Tragedy: Celebrity Gone Missing!. Levitating the newspaper, Twilight reads, "By unknown means, Sapphire Shores, the pony of pop was reported missing, after she failed to show up at her concert. Her backup singers and stage manager have claimed to have no knowledge of Sapphire's current whereabout and were just as baffled at her sudden disappearance. Sapphire Shore's disappearance is hereby marked as the fifth case to have occurred this month. Equestria is called to be vigilant, as Princess Celestia takes immediate actions to have guards posted in every parts of Equestria."

"Wow!" Spike exclaimed, snatching the newspaper. "Fifth pony to have gone missing?"

"I know," Discord said, looking at the paper, with Big Mac. "What are the odds?"

Suddenly, a train whistle was heard, as the train came rushing up the rail.

"Well, looks like we'll find out soon enough," Twilight said, as she and the girls all boarded up on the train.

"Good-bye you guys," Twilight said. "Take care while we're gone," Twilight's gaze shifted as she looks at Discord.

"Oh please," Discord rolled his eyes. "Even you know I can't hurt a fly when I'm like this."

"Relax Twilight," Spike assured. "Me and Big Mac will take care of Discord. Right Big M?"

"Eeyup," Big Mac agreed.

Confident in Spike's words, Twilight enters the coach, waving her hoof, as the train pulled away.

"So, what shall we do in the meantime?" Discord asked, unamusingly.


The boys were later at Sweet Apple Acres, bucking the apples that were restored, after Discord's sentence was given.

"This isn't so bad," Spike said, as he carries a bucket of apples away.

"Eeyup," Big Mac agreed, after bucking an apple tree.

The two boys stopped suddenly when they saw Discord, wearing a football helmet, and doing some stretches.

"Discord," Spike began. "What are you doing?"

"I'm improvising!" Discord declared dramatically.

"Improvising?" Spike asked, looking at Big Mac who shrugged.

"That's right!" Discord crouches down on all four. "Watch the genius work of Discord before your very eyes! Hut hut!"

With that, Discord charged forward at full speed, head butting into the tree before him. Needless to say, Discord was left in a dizzy state, while only a single apple fell from the tree and into one of the buckets.

"Uh, Discord," Spike cringed. "Are you okay?"

"Oh sure," Discord groaned. "I'm fine. I like to headbutt into apple trees when I'm only half of what I used to be." Discord took the helmet off and pouted. "Oh who am I kidding? I'm a wreck! I'm pathetic! I can't do anything right when my power is cut in half!" Discord disappears in a flashes of light, randomly appearing in various parts of Sweet Apple Acres, as he continues to lecture, "All I'm every good now to every ponies is just disappearing and reappearing, going like what do you need? What do you need? What do you-whoa!" Discord yelped as he shook violently and fell from a tree branch he was in.

"You need to get a grip on yourself," Spike said.

"Eeyup."

"I wish I could," Discord continued to shake violently, as he struggles his way towards a tree. "But I think I can't." Discord wraps his arms around a tree, causing the tree to shake violently as well, resulting an entire stock of apples, and leaves, to rain down into the buckets. Discord poked his head out and said, "Hey! I'm so clever." Suddenly, Discord's pupils flashed red, as his eyes rang like bells. "Whoa, I'm getting something!"

"What is it?" Spike asked.

Snapping his claw, the leaves disappeared and were restored in the tree branches, as Discord started crossing his legs together, humming, "Om."

Spike and Big Mac shrugged to each other in confusion, before looking back at Discord who went completely white.

"Canterlot's in danger!" Discord shouted. "Fluttershy's in Canterlot! Fluttershy's in danger!" In a burst of light, Discord was cladded in a suit of armor, shouting, "Hold on Fluttershy! Discord's coming!"

With that, Discord disappeared in a flash of light, leaving Spike and Big Mac alone in the acres.

Spike and Big Mac both looked at each other, horrified, knowing what Discord's early departure meant, and they too went after the draconequus, shouting, "HEY! WAIT FOR US!!" Spike shouted.

Discord reappeared in a flash of light, as he scooped Spike and Big Mac up and they disappeared again.


In a flash of bright light, the three stood in the streets of Canterlot to find, utter chaos.

"What the hay?" Spike asked.

The trio looked to see ponies screaming and running in blind fear, buildings were on fire, windows shattered, and the worst, possible thing of it all, were the monsters that were running loose in the city.

There were flying monsters that looked like giant bats, fishes with bat wings, primate-like monsters that have bat wings for arms, and scary birds with sharp teeth and wings of dragon. The monsters on land are just as scary, as there are a wild bulls that breathed fire through their nostrils, giant ant-like creatures that carry swords and shields, and strange, armored, pig-like creatures that walked upright on their legs.

In the confusions, Spike could see the royal guards fighting off the monsters, while at the same time, helping the civilians evacuate the city. But from the looks of things, they're making little progress as more monsters kept coming and overwhelmed the guards.

"What's going on here?" Spike asked. "Where's Twilight and the girls? Where'd these monsters come from?"

"No monster attacks Canterlot, kidnaps Fluttershy, and gets away with it!" Discord growled, snapping his fingers. All of the monsters were soon trapped within cages.

"Haha!" Discord shouted triumphantly, before much to his and the boys' confusion, the cages disappeared. "What the hay?" Discord exclaimed in bewilderment, snapping his fingers again. But the results were the same as before.

"What's the matter?" Spike asked concernly.

"I was trying to put them in cages, and teleport them away to a zoo, or someplace, yet my magic doesn't seem to be doing that," Discord stroke his beard as soon as he was in deep thoughts. "Come to think of it, just as soon as we got here, it feels like my magic is further being suppressed or something."

The boys then heard a cry for help and followed it to a burning building.

"HELP!" the voice cried again. "Somepony!!"

Spike looked to see none of the guards were coming, and still no sign of the Mane Six. Without a second thought, Spike quickly rushed into the burning building with Discord and Big Mac calling out, "Spike! No!"


Inside the burning building, Spike was keeping his head low, to avoid breathing into the smoke, while calling out for the pony, "Hey! Where are you?"

"I'm over here!" the voice replied.

Spike followed the voice, and found a unicorn mare, with light cornflower blue coat, moderate blue mane with a light persian bluish gray stripe, trapped beneath a burning beam.

"Spike!" the mare exclaimed. "Am I so glad to see you."

"Feeling's mutual, Minuette," Spike replied, moving some of the rubbles away as he tries to lift the beam off of the mare.

Discord and Big Mac had followed Spike and were in the building, looking for the little dragon.

"Spike!" Discord coughed. "Where are you little guy?"

"Over here!" Spike called, as Discord and Big Mac arrived at the scene. "Guys! Help me get this thing off of Minuette!"

With their combined strength, Discord and Big Mac were able to lift the beam off of Minuette, whom Spike quickly pulled out. The four then looked up to see more of the house collapsing on them, as they quickly made a run for the exit. Just as the building was completely burned down, the four had made it out, just in time, covered in soot.

"Whoa," Spike gasped. "That was too close for comfort."

"Eeyup," Big Mac agreed.

Suddenly, a guard arrived with some medical ponies.

"What happened here?" the guard asked.

Before the boys could answer, Minuette exclaimed happily, "My house was on fire. I was trapped under some rubbles, but these guys came to my rescue. Aren't they amazing?"

"Really? These three saved you?" the guard asked, smirking at the boys, who all looked sheepish.

"You bet they do," Minuette smiled.

"Anyway," Spike began, turning to the guard. "What just happened here? Where are Twilight and the others?"

"Wish I knew what just happened here, Spike," the guard answered. "We were all on patrol, and everything in the city looked normal, by the time Princess Twilight Sparkle and her friends arrived in Canterlot. Next thing we know, monsters began to appear out of thin air and started attacking the city."

Spike and Big Mac both gasped in shock, while Discord, paying no mind to the guard's story, sniffs the ground like a dog.

"Hmm," Discord said. "Mhmm....hmm, brim stone.....slight whiff of poultry and....dog slobber?"

While Discord was off in Canterlot, sleuthing around for clues, Spike and Big Mac remained with the guard who continued, "Just moments ago, Twilight and the others were helping us evacuate the civilians and holding off the monsters. Last time I saw them was when they went into the castle to protect the princesses. And we haven't seen them since."

"Then that's where we're going!" Spike exclaimed.

"Eeyup," Big Mac said, supportingly.

"Be careful boys," the guard said, as he and his team escorted Minuette away. "And good luck."

"Bye!" Spike waved his claw, before he and Big Mac rejoined Discord, who was dumping a trash can empty. "Discord!" Spike shouted, catching the draconequus by surprise.

"I'm not littering!" Discord cried, snapping his fingers to clean up the trash. "I was looking for clues."

"And we've got a lead!" Spike said, grabbing the draconequus's attention. "If I'm right, Twilight and the girls are in the castle right now!"

"Then so are we!" Discord snaps his fingers together, disappearing in a flash of light, only to reappear a few inches away from where he was before. "Huzzah! Fear not Fluttershy! I'm....Hey what gives?" Concentrating hard on Fluttershy, Discord snaps his fingers again, but no matter how hard he tries, he's still not getting any closer to the castle. "Darn!" Discord groaned. "Looks like we're gonna have to do this the old fashion way boys."

"Meaning?" Spike asked, worryingly.

"We'd have to go through a horde of rampaging monsters, without my magic to teleport!"

The boys all looked down at the road that leads them to the castle, and the monsters that are running amok on it.

"Faust, help us," Spike whimpered.

"Eeyup," Big Mac whimpered.

Author's Note:

The fire breathing bulls and the ant monsters are from greek mythology. They are called Khalkotauroi and Myrmidons respectively.