• Published 28th Dec 2016
  • 2,902 Views, 68 Comments

Equestria Heroes: The 3Ds (starring: Spike, Discord, and Big Mac) - Phantom-Dragon



When Equestria's greatest heroes went missing, Spike, Discord, and Big Mac, embark on a quest to find them.

  • ...
4
 68
 2,902

Discord's Grounded

It all happened so fast. It was a beautiful, quiet morning in Ponyville. And all it takes was for a certain draconequus to ruin the moment.

"HELLO EVERYPONY!!" Discord greeted, as he pulled out a radio, switched it on, and a song was played as he began pulling pranks on every pony.

With a snap of his finger, Discord stopped time. Every pony were all frozen in place, helpless as Discord placed banana peels in front of them. With another snap of his finger, every pony were all unfrozen and they all slipped on the banana peels. Next, at a construction site, some ponies were setting up dynamites, only for Discord to come by with the dynamites in his claw and paw.

"Pardon me every pony," Discord began. "But, did you lose these?" Discord holds out the ammunitions as the ponies turned their heads.

"Oh, yeah," one of them began calmly. "Thank you very much." The pony quickly panicked, along with his colleagues, upon realizing what Discord was holding. Discord only gave a shrug, while the ponies all ducked behind a pile of pillows. However, as soon as the lit fuses went out, the dynamites all dropped like noodles.

"BOOOOOOOOOMMM!" Discord shouted, scaring the ponies, zipping away before coming back with a pot and ladle, banging them together over the ponies' head, before he disappeared in a flash, leaving the construction ponies shaking.

Later, at Sugarcube Corner, Pinkie Pie had just finished the batch for the cupcakes as she set them in the oven. Turning up later for her finished cupcakes, she was shocked to find Rainbow Dash, hogtied and with an apple in her mouth, in the oven.

"What the-" Pinkie shouted, before flash of light went off behind her. Turning around, she and Rainbow Dash frowned to see Discord, holding a camera.

"For shame, for shame, Pinkie," Discord said, showing the photo. "Kidnapping and baking your friend for cupcakes? Tsk, tsk, tsk. No wonder you can't spell slaughter, without laughter." A rimshot was played, by a clone of Discord.

"I didn't kidnap Rainbow Dash!" Pinkie cried in protest, before smokes began flying out of her nose. "And that joke is cruel! Even for you Discord!"

"Really? Then what would you say when I have this posted in the Equestria Daily?"

"Don't you dare!" Discord bolted away, leaving a trail of smoke. "HEY! GET BACK HERE YOU!!" Pinkie Pie shouted, charging after the draconequus like a bull.

After escaping from Pinkie Pie, Discord continued his pranking spree with the rest of the ponies, and donkeys and dragons, in Ponyville. He switched Cranky Doodle Donkey's wig with a porcupine. He replaced Spike's bouquet of roses with dragon sneeze flowers, just as the dragon was giving them to Rarity. He turned every single apples on Sweet Apple Acres into oranges and pears. He turned a public pool into a huge bowl of chocolate milk. The swimmers all let out a scream, while Discord joked, "Hey! Want some chocolate milk? Sorry, all out!"

For the rest of the day, there was nothing but chaos, with ponies screaming:

"My cart!"

"My leg!"

"My cabbages!"

"I'M ON A WHEEL!!" Trixie screamed, having been kidnapped by Discord and tied to the Dizz-a-tron that Discord had stolen from the Wonderbolts.

"I'M STUCK IN A CHIMNEY!!" Whoa Nelly shouted.


Ponyville was a shamble since that chaotic day. The whole town was in ruins. There were soaps littered on the streets that were turned into multicolored checkerboards, objects gaining limbs running amok, cotton candy clouds raining chocolate milk, and deformed animals. And the cause of it all, was sitting in court, right now, with anti-magic restricts placed on him.

"Discord!" Twilight lectured. "We thought that freeing you and having you reformed was a good thing. And we thought the use of your chaotic powers for good would be beneficial for all pony kinds, compared to that debacle you've caused as Accord."

Discord rolled his eyes, literally, in his hands, "Well can't I help it?" he asked, like it was no big deal. "It was all in good fun. Besides, it's Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie's fault, since they're the ones who got me into this whole pranking stuff. And it was Applejack who wished for me to be Accord."

"Don't you drag us into this!" the said ponies angrily protested.

"Thing is Discord," Twilight continues. "We've had our fun. You've had your fun. But what you don't know is when enough is enough. Just look at what you've done to Ponyville."

With that, Spike put in some photo clips in a monitor, displaying some images on a screen.

"As of today, you're facing some serious charges for your reckless pranking, such as kidnapping Rainbow Dash, framing Pinkie Pie for cupcake murder, vandalism on Sweet Apple Acres, and for malicious destruction of cabbages."

"Off with his head," a random pony shouted. "One for each head of cabbages."

"I'll have you know, I only have one head," Discord countered. "Besides, your cabbages are infested with cabbage slugs. They're doomed to be destroyed anyway."

"GUILTY!!" the pony shouted angrily.

"You hear that?!" Discord stood up. "He pleads guilty for attempting to sell cabbage slug infested cabbages! Arrest him!"

"WHAT?!"

"Ooh! He's got a point," Pinkie whispered to Dash.

"Oh no Discord!" Twilight shouted, banging her gavel repeatedly. "Don't you try and change the subject!"

"I just hope Discord will get what's really coming to him!" Cranky shouted angrily. "I'm still getting migraines from that porcupine!"

"I want him sued for giving me a cupcake, instead of muffin like I ordered!" Derpy shouted.

"And don't forget!" Applejack shouted. "He turned ma brother into a burger!"

Everyone, except Discord, all looked at Applejack in bewilderment.

"A burger?" Twilight asked.

"He got better!" Applejack shouted. "Right Big Mac?"

"Eeyup," Big Mac agreed.

Every pony all looked back at Discord with disapproving glare. as Twilight continued. "Therefore, as punishment Discord. We've decided, to put you on probation!" Twilight concluded. "Magic probation!"

"But you ponies need my magic! You won't survive less than a single chapter without my magics!"

"Sorry, Discord," Twilight stated, as she prepares her horn. "But the decision is...."

"WAIT!" Fluttershy called out. "We shouldn't take away, all of his powers."

"Oh, thank you, Fluttershy," Discord sighed in relief.

"Why don't we just take, half of it?"

"That's ri-Wait, WHAT?!" Discord's eyes bulged out, before glaring at the pegasus, "Et tu, Fluttershy?"

"Think about it," Fluttershy explains. "Half of his powers aren't all that bad. If we leave him with just a half of his powers, he can still do some goods, while at the same time learn some lessons."

"But then it'll be half the fun!" Discord whined, earning some glares from the ponies, donkies, and dragon. "But I suppose, living with just half is better than with nothing."

The Mane Six looked at each other before they got into a huddle.

"So Fluttershy," Twilight began. "What exactly do you mean, by leaving Discord with only half of his powers?"

"Um, well, I mean, only the powers necessary for the purpose of good," Fluttershy whispered. "I'm thinking maybe just limit him with the power of teleportation. So that way, he can still get around to places much quicker. And maybe his ability to create things. They're not all that bad, if the things he makes are.....y'know, strange."

"As long as he doesn't create a monster," Rainbow Dash whispered harshly. "Then I'm okay with it."

"Perhaps he could learn to put his creative power in the use of art and stuff," Rarity said.

"Ooh," Pinkie Pie began. "Maybe if he gets to keep his teleportation and creation powers, then maybe he can go and work for Cloudsdale to help in the production of cotton candy clouds with chocolate milk and whip creams!"

The mane six kept on their debate for what felt like hours. During which Spike and Big Mac are sitting in the room, playing a game of Go Fish.

"Do you have a seven?" Spike asked.

"Eenope."

After much debate, the Mane Six all nodded their heads, before Twilight resumed her place on the stand.

"Alright, Discord!" Twilight began. "It's been decided. We're leaving you with just half of the powers you'll be using to do some goods, for a week. Only by the end, would we deem if necessary to completely restore you to full power, or to prolong it."

"Fine," Discord grumbled.

With that, Twilight floated in midair, her eyes turned all white as she cast a spell on Discord, placing an invisible lock on half of his powers.

"This'll teach you to coexist with ponies, properly, without the excessive use of your magics," Twilight concluded, with a slam of her gavel.

"No need to tell me that," Discord grumbled as he was released from his restraints. "And what am I supposed to do then?"

"You could hang out with Spike and Big Mac, like you guys normally do, on your guys' nights."

Discord turned his head to the two boys in the room, and moaned, "Oh poo."