• Published 6th Nov 2016
  • 13,761 Views, 2,138 Comments

Order and Chaos - Tatsurou



Sheogorath, Daedric Prince of Madness, raises Discord, the Spirit of Chaos and Disharmony. You have been warned.

  • ...
25
 2,138
 13,761

Let the Games Begin

Discord chuckled softly as he watched the various ponies deal with the things he'd unleashed across the land as his way of letting them know he'd returned. As he did, he carefully watched the six ponies who showed signs of using the Elements recently, knowing they'd be the ones sent against him...though he already had a plan to change that up. But first, he wanted to get to know them a little by seeing how they dealt with his unexpected.

Up in the sky, the wielder of Loyalty - Rainbow Dash - was pitted against the cotton candy clouds that rained chocolate milk. Her reaction proved...disappointing. Seriously, charging in to try and break up the clouds without even noticing that they were a different color? And once stuck, she had no way of freeing herself. He could only shake his head in resignation. Headstrong, and little else. He'd have to give some thought about how to have fun with her, though if she liked a fight that much, Dagon could use the exercise...

Applejack - the wielder of Honesty - was pitted against her farm going out of control. Corn popping in the fields, apples growing gigantic, animals mutating to devour the crops...her reaction showed more promise. She first got her family under shelter, then began searching for some aspect of the mess she could control, and started reigning things in bit by bit as best she could. It was a futile exercise, but at least it showed some critical thinking skills. Discord wondered how Miss Honesty would handle Boethiah...

In the center of the small town, Discord had unleashed a giant crab - specifically, the one who'd been body swapped as a result of the first wish Discord had granted - to start wrecking things, specifically pointing it towards the building where the wielder of Generosity - Rarity - lived. It had charged in, fruitfully trying to grab clothes it could wear (apparently it retained the human sense of modesty). Of course, this resulted in destroying many of the outfits and terrifying Rarity's little sister, leading to...

...Rarity donning a yellow jumpsuit and attacking the crab with levitating swords? Discord revised his opinion of the prissy one. Maybe she could be fun after all. Hircine could be fun...

The wielder of Laughter - Pinkie Pie - took one look at the raining chocolate, hailing cheese, and snowing whipped cream (Vaermina had come to enjoy whipped cream in many ways, leading to Discord finding multiple ways to provide it) and...put on a bib. She then began to swim in the puddles, guzzling the milk and chomping the cheese and cream like it was the world's biggest party. Discord knew Sanguine was the only one who could handle her...and they'd both love every minute of it.

He then turned to the wielder of Kindness, Fluttershy. Given she surrounded herself with animals, he'd decided to see how she handled some truly terrifying creatures, and unleashed a few - no more than a dozen - servant Daedra in the area. Looking over, he searched for signs of the destruction they would cause...and found a tea party. Remembering his own such events when he was younger, he knew Jyggorath would enjoy this one.

He then turned to the wielder of Magic - Twilight Sparkle - as she stepped out of a library and tried to brute force reverse his enchantments. He then laughed to himself as he heard her complain about her fail-safe spell failing. He wondered which little librarian would come out on top? And her assistant, a dragon among ponies...looked like Malacath could participate, too...

He then flowed back towards Canterlot as he saw them responding to a summons there. It was time for his grand entrance.


Discord watched and listened in silence as Celestia explained his story here. It was rather interesting to hear her perspective, and even more amusing to see her face fall off in response to finding the Elements gone.

And then she said it. "But this doesn't make sense!"

He knew he'd get no better cue than that. With a wicked chuckle, he spoke to them all. "Make sense? Aw, what fun is there in making sense?"

"Discord!" Celestia snarled, getting into a defensive stance. "Show yourself!"

Chuckling, he chose to inhabit the stained glass image of himself. "Did you miss me Celestia?" As he inhabited it, he began to flow along the windows. "I missed you." He smiled as he waited for her response.

"What have you done with the Elements of Harmony?" Celestia demanded irritably.

"Oh, I just borrowed them for a little while," he teased, making them vanish from one of the stained glass windows to make his point.

"You'll never get away with this!" Celestia hissed fiercely.

"So grim, Celestia...you really should get that stick out of your plot." Deciding to be cheeky, he made himself appear amongst them and pulled his staff of office - the Mad Psijic - out from under Celestia's tail. "You'll never get ahead in this game if you don't know how to have fun." He quickly took stock of everyone's reactions to what he'd just done. Celestia looked absolutely mortified, as did Twilight. Rarity had fainted dramatically. Fluttershy was bright red. Applejack looked torn between offense and amusement. Rainbow Dash was trying not to laugh, as was Luna off behind that pillar where she apparently had been preparing a sneak attack. Pinkie Pie...wasn't bothering to hide her amusement at all as she rolled back and forth on the carpet laughing her tail off. "See?" Discord pointed out as he picked up the discarded tail and gave it back to its owner. "She certainly knows how to have fun!"

"Thank you!" Pinkie called out eagerly as she reattached her tail, making the others give her odd looks.

"But we really should have all the players present to hear the rules," Discord continued, snapping his talons.

In a flash of light, Luna and Spike appeared amongst the gathered ponies. Spike let out a scream of fear and hid behind Twilight, while Luna took a battle stance.

"Leave my sister out of this!" Celestia roared, her mane billowing upward as she focused her magic.

"Why? She was involved last time," Discord pointed out bluntly. "Besides, it's not like I'm asking anything too strenuous." He waved his staff.

Nine gateways appeared, one in front of each pony and dragon, coded specifically to their energy.

"You want your Elements back. You can't beat me without them. I'll let you find them." He grinned widely. "Through those gates are the realms of nine of my most powerful subjects. Find them, face them, and gain the Elements from them."

"But there are only six Elements!" Twilight called out. "There's three extra!"

"Oh, someone here knows basic math!" Discord cackled. "Your Elements have been disguised. Your quests in the realms of my subjects will lead you to nine artifacts. Once you have those artifacts, they'll lead you back to my Realm, and I'll tell you more there. Of course, there's only one more rule to this game."

He lifted his staff, and the world outside the castle seemed to vanish. "Either everyone plays...or the game is over." Lowering his staff, the world came back. "So are we in? Or would you rather leave the world as is, with me unstoppably at the reigns?"

Before anyone else could speak up, Pinkie voiced her opinion. "Girls! Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain! Chocolate rain!"

Discord chuckled eagerly. "Oh, you are such a treat..."

As he expected, it wasn't long before the ponies and dragon stepped through their individual portals. The games had begun.

Author's Note:

And yes, the next nine chapters will be the Mane 6, Spike, Celestia, and Luna questing separately to get an artifact from various Daedric Princes...and order will be determined by a vote.

Celestia - Meridia
Luna - Vaermina
Twilight - Hermaeus Mora
Spike - Malacath
Rarity - Hircine
Rainbow - Mehrunus Dagon
Applejack - Boethiah
Pinkie Pie - Sanguine
Fluttershy - Jyggorath (Note, this one will be last.)

As for the order of the other eight...vote away which you'd like to see first.