• Published 2nd Nov 2016
  • 2,202 Views, 217 Comments

Night Patrol 2: Awakening - Foxgear



A thousand years she was in the moon, now she's back and living in a strange new world. Her friends and comrades gone, nothing but dust in the dirt. With only her sister Luna look towards the future, but the past keeps calling her back.

  • ...
5
 217
 2,202

PreviousChapters Next
A long awaited message

Night Patrol 2: Awakening Chapter 2

By Foxgear


“Things certainly have changed,” murmurs Luna as she and Celestia climb up the tall stairs to the museum. Their first stop of the day according to Time Keeper and perhaps a good place for her to visit. It was one thing to read about the events she missed on the moon, but an entirely different to have the actual artifacts and ponies, who have been studying history for a career be present for the opening of the museum. She was actually looking forward to this public event. If nothing else it was nice to spend some time with Celestia outside the castle. Her sister was constantly busy with the daily affairs of the kingdom and she was always locked up in the library trying to learn as much as she could about the workings of this new age.

“Ah good morning, your highnesses,” greets a white unicorn stallion with a blue mane and mustache. He was of noble looking descent, wearing a funny little round glass over one of his eyes, a monocle if Luna was not mistaken. The stallion shook hooves with Celestia and then turns to do same with her.

“This is Fancy Pants, the owner of the museum,” states Celestia with a hint of pride in her voice, suggesting that Fancy Pants was a pony of great stature in her eyes and not just for his noble blood. “He is one of Canterlot’s most influential ponies and has helped me more times than I can count with public projects and the like. He is a good pony to have as a friend.”

“I see,” Luna replies evenly, not sounding overly excited nor disinterested as that would be rude. Sizing up the stallion before her, Luna concludes he at least seems likable for a noble, but she would hold off any more judgment till she got a better grasp of his character. “I am interested in your historical collection building, would you be so kind as to begin the tour?”

Fancy Pants gave a polite smile, “Of course, everypony is inside waiting already. I apologize for holding your majesties up, I know you are both very busy.”

(Not particularly) Luna voiced internally, again not wanting to be rude.

They follow Fancy Pants inside, meeting a crowd of important looking ponies or ponies that like to think themselves important. Luna had to give Celestia credit, it took over a thousand years, but her sister finally managed to wrestle complete control of the nation. There was no council or anything to second guess her or plot against her. Instead, she turn the nobles attentions to the public having them spend their wealth for the common ponies through various means rather than fight for political power. Whether or not it was a good thing her sister had complete control would remain to be seen, especially once Luna regains her power and took back her throne. Hopefully, Celestia stood by her desire to rule together again. Those were thoughts for another time, today she was here to learn.

The first exhibit was about zebras and their history and how they grew into a network of tribes, united, but separate to ward off outside invaders. Along the wall were jugs, masks, and various artifacts and artwork depicting points in time. Luna was interested in their military advancements.The short spear was the trademark of the zebra, but they also added bits of light armor made of bones and carved wood. The picture of a young zebra mare looked quite imposing in the full suit, though it would still be primitive by Equestrian standards.

The armor did have a very intimidating look to it that she admired. Maybe the could use that in their own armor. Shiny gold was not as intimidating as wearing a skull on your head.

Moving onto the second exhibit Luna was disappointed to find it was about the three tribes. Not that it wasn’t interesting, but she lived through those times and they were nothing but bad memories and heartache.

The narrative the guide was lecturing seem… too rosy to her. Even after the tribes united there was still much famine and conflict, it’s not like everything was resolved in a day. The old proverb about old habits was very true. Especially between tribes that had been at war with each other for decades. Even a thousand years ago some issues between the tribes have not been solved and she has seen examples even today of old insults rising to the surface when ponies started to argue heatedly.

Losing interest in the lecture Luna quietly pulls Fancy pants aside and whispers in his ears, “Pardon me Sir Fancy Pants, but do you perhaps have an exhibit featuring history within the last thousand years? Preferably after the appearance of Nightmare Moon.”

The stallion’s eyes sparkle as he led her by the hoof to a different room, “I believe I have just the thing my dear Princess of the Night. Though I do not know the exact time period of the displays, it is something that has baffled many historians since the discovery of these certain artifacts.”

Excitement flutters in Luna’s chest as they round the corner to this excitingly mysterious exhibit. From the looks of the entrance, they weren’t even done setting everything up yet. Peering inside with wide wonder-filled eyes Luna wonders what she would see. What she saw shook her to her core.

Celestia heard Luna gasp and wondering what was going on, went to investigate. Emerging through the doorway Celestia’s ears flop down when she saw the exhibit, “Oh no…”

Inside the room rest a massive skeleton of a pony being strung up with wires from the ceiling. The giant grinning skull resting on the ground as a team of ponies struggle to raise it. The skull could only belong to one pony, P-Rex, the giant pony, one of Luna’s Night Patrollers.

“Put him down…” mutters Luna, hot tears rolling down her face. The ponies moving the bones didn’t hear her, her voice too soft and too choked up to be heard. Angry Luna dug her hoof into the tiled floor, sucked in a deep breath and screams at the top of her lungs, “Put him down this instant! We command you!”

Everypony stops what they were doing and quickly got out of the blue princess’s way as she stomps over to P-Rex’s bones, leaving a trail of craters in her wake. With tears streaming down her face Luna presses her body against the cheek bone of her lost friend, her wails echoing off the walls of the building.

Through her tear stain eyes, Luna looks around at the rest of the exhibit. More skeletons lining the walls, bones of dragon ponies, pieces of rusty patroller armor were displayed in glass cases along with pieces of broken weapons and body parts.

“Everypony please leave,” commands Celestia, silent tears rolling down her cheeks. “My sister… needs some privacy. As do I.”

“Your majesty, I’m sorry I had no idea,” Fancy Pants began, but Celestia stops him short.

“I know, I know, just go please,” She commands. Making sure everypony was out of the room Celestia seals the entrance with a spell, walks over to her sister, and drapes a wing over her shivering body. “I’m sorry, I didn’t know, I really didn’t."

Luna threw herself against Celestia, tightly hugging the elder alicorn as she hid her sobbing face in her sister mane. “They're gone… their all gone! My patrollers, my ponies, my friends, their all dead. It just never hit me… no… I knew, but I didn’t want to accept it. I tried to distract myself from the reality of it, but… seeing this… I miss them so much!”

“I know,” Celestia cooed, “I miss them too.”

They stood there holding one another, surrounded by the remnants of their forgotten friends, the last piece of evidence they had ever existed beyond their memory. When Luna’s cries stopped the smaller alicorn stepped away from her sister’s embrace with fire in her eyes.


Fancy Pant paces outside the exhibit, worry etched on his face, he had no idea the princess would have such a reaction to the exhibit. He wonders why. No, that was not his business. Truth be told it should be obvious, to Princess Luna those weren’t just bones. She had known the gender of the giant, something researchers had spent months debating before finally concluding the gender of the bones was a male pony by what they knew. Princess Luna had known the moment she saw the giant, meaning the giant had been a pony she had known.

“Dear gads, I hope I can set this right,” Fancy mutters worrying this could damage his relations with the princesses.

From the other room out walks Princess Celestia, looking as regal as always, but Fancy could tell she was not her normal self. He’s come to pick up when the princess was being genuine and when she acting, and right now she was acting.

“I’m so sorry, I had I known…”

“It’s alright Fancy, it’s understandable you couldn’t have known. I bare no ill will and neither does Luna… but I would suggest you don’t push that too hard.”

Fancy breaths a sigh of relief, “Well, if there is anything I can do, please just ask.” Celestia’s smiles widened, her eyes darting to and fro, was the princess nervous, Fancy wonders?

“You say anything… but…”

“I am a pony of my word Princess, please just ask and I will do all I can to help.”

“Since your offering there is something,” said Celestia with raising nerves, she hated to do this to Fancy. She really did. Those bone were probably very expensive, but… it was for her sister. “We’re going to need the bones… all of them…”

Fancy’s eyes widen, the numbers running through his mind at a mile a minute, yet the price of the Princess’s friendship, for both professional and personal reasons outweighed the numbers. “Consider them a gift for the unintentional heartache of Princess Luna. I shall have the best ponies available take them to where ever she wants.”

“Does that include the Everfree forest?”

Fancy’s ears flatten, “I suppose for a few more bits, yes.”

“I will remember this, my friend. Your kindness and generosity will be rewarded,” promised Celestia as she pats the stallion on the shoulder. “And not just from me, but my sister as well, you’ve given her something no pony could.”

“And what is that?”

Celestia smiles, “Closure.”

Fancy was puzzled by the statement but chose to nod along with it, it wasn’t his business. He was just glad to be of help.

“Shall we continue with the tour? My sister will be busy for the remainder of it and we mustn’t keep the others waiting.”

“Of course, allow me to lead the way.”


Back in the exhibit room, Luna was busy gathering the bones of her fallen comrades, taking great care not to damage them as she laid them in the center of the room. Horn glowing brightly with magic she began to circle the pile of bones, chanting as she did. With her magic still weak she would have to resort to more primitive magic by drawing a magic circle and calling on the magic that lay within the earth. Once the circle was complete she stood at the start point and envision the place she wanted to go.

“What are you doing?” A shrill voice angry yelled.

Her concertation broken, the magic circle broke and disappeared. With rising anger Luna looks to the pony, no the fool, that interrupted her. The pony in question was a thin stallion, standing just a few inches taller than her, with a mane half past bald, he wore glasses and carried an air of self-importance, reminding Luna of the noble blood families. She hopes this was not one of their descendants. She met Blueblood the other day and was not impressed.

“I am taking my friends remains for a proper burial. Who are you?”

The stallion looked a gasped, “Me? How can you not know me? I am the world renowned Professor Cleft hoofen, archeologist, and discoverer of these fascinating bones. With them, I was able to cement my theory of Dino ponies and bring the mythical giant pony to reality! I will not have my work tarnished by some mare…”

“Princess Luna! I finally found you,” interrupts Goodnight as he trots across the tiled floor. “Sir Fancy Pants has given me his seal and has offered move the remains at his own expense in apology for the unlawful unearthing of your… friends. He wanted me to assure you, that he will cover all burial expenses and more. Here this is the document giving you ownership of the remains. Princess Celestia urged me to give this to you right away. Saying it was of the utmost importance.”

“Thank you Goodnight,” smiles Luna as she accepts the papers to read them over. Ignoring professor what’s his name as he stood a gasp. Everything seemed in order, though she would prefer to handle the bones personally. It would be rude to refuse Fancy Pants gesture, he seem like a likable enough pony. She would defiantly have to reward him for his chivalry.

“Well, as you can see by these documents Professor you will simply have to find some new research. Besides you theory was wrong anyways, I am sorry to inform you. The bones over there are not of dino ponies, whatever those are, but rather dragon ponies and the giant pony, while being a giant pony is not some missing link to some lost tribe, rather something entirely different.”

“And what would that be? What possibly could this be if not proof a giant pony tribe?” The professor demands angrily as Luna and Goodnight walk away to rejoin the tour. Luna decides to give the Professor some leeway with his tone as she has just stripped him of his life’s work. Still, Luna felt the need to correct him one last time.

“A friend, Professor, he was a friend and they all were. I urge you to remember, what you think and theorize. I have lived. Please feel free to come visit me if you ever need some fact checking.”

“You really dropped the mike on him, Princess,” snickers Goodnight, imagining the princess in shades and a backward cap.

“Thanks… I think… what is a mike? And why is it so funny that I dropped it?”

Goodnight could only bite his lip to suppress his laughter, “It’s a new culture thing, go to a DJ-pon3 concert and you’ll understand.”

“DJ-pon3… what weird names we have nowadays,” Luna says aloud as they met back up with Celestia and Fancy Pants. She exchanges strained smiles with the two, still trying to reel in her emotions. Together they continue viewing the museum with thankfully no further emotional outbursts.

“Come along your majesties, it is nearly time for the parade,” Time Keeper announces leading the royals towards the exit.

From the hallway Hoofen growls as he watches the princess and her guard leave. Seething he stomps out of the exhibit room in a huff as Fancy’s little helpers came to collect the bones. They could have the damned bones! He still had his other discovery in hoof and no pony was going to take it away from him!

“You there!” He shouts at some museum staff, lounging around the storage room. “Help me move this to my private residence.”

The ponies nod and quickly set about lifting the giant black statue of two alicorn like ponies locked in conflict, another recent discovery from the southern plains where he had found the bones. He had no clue what kind of relic this was, only that it hummed with magic, the surface of the statue turning from hot to cold every second. It was sure to be the biggest discovery of his career once he found out the secrets behind it.

And no pony was gonna take it away from him. No pony. Not even the princesses.


The time for the second public event was on and it had Luna’s stomach in knots. She and Celestia were to appear in a parade. A parade to celebrate her return the city of Canterlot’s denizens, much like they had done in Ponyville. There was no real reason to be nervous. She was not afraid of the crowds or anything, just the fact she didn’t see the point of it. Everypony knew she was back, so why the big need to put her up on such a grand stage. Also if she were honest the fact she still held her weakened form bothers her, if she were to appear in public it should be as she was when she was filled with power and magic, not looking like a lanky teen that just reached marehood. She wonders if this was Celestia idea to soften her image to the populous.

Her eyes wonder over to her sister, who was busy waving at the crowds as they slowly moved along the streets. Luna caught Celestia eye for a breath moment and they share a brief stare down. Reluctantly Luna gave up, smiling and waving to the crowd, but this was not over.

From inside the crowds along the street, two small figures ran between the legs of the taller ponies. The two peek out from time to time, catching glimpses of their target, Princess Luna.

“That’s her, that’s her!” The young colt of the two excitedly points out. Quickly he pulls his companion along through the forest of legs in order to keep pace with the princess’s float.

“We won’t get near her, just give it up already!” The colt’s companion, a young pink filly, complains.

“No, granddad’s counting on me,” the colt retorts hotly as he ran ahead of the float. Carefully he spread his wings and aims for the platform in front of the Princess’s mobile thrones. There were a lot of guards, but he was sure they wouldn’t hurt him too bad as he was only a colt. That is if they didn’t kill him on the spot.

“Here I go!”

“Thrice, no!” The little filly screams as her bullheaded brother broke out of the crowd, flying into the path of the princesses float. The guards were upon him instantly.

“Let me go! Let me go! I have to tell Princess Luna something really important!” The young gray colt exclaims as the guards wrestle him down. He stares at the princess his grandfather had told him about, she was a bit different from what he described, but that might because of how old his grandfather was, either way, he had a message to deliver and he only had this one chance to say it.

Taking a deep, deep breath, he screams at the top of his lungs, “303! I have a message from Night Patroller 303!”

“Stop talking nonsense kid!” Goodnight growls finally wrestling the kid under control. The colt sure was strong for being so small. “The princess doesn’t have time for your games.”

“Let him go!”

All the guards froze and turn to Princess Luna who had left her throne and to approach them. They stood dumbstruck, even Goodnight, as they couldn’t comprehend their princess’s order. This colt disrupts a public event and they were just suppose to let him go because he shouts out a few words and numbers? Has the princess gone mad?

Goodnight gulps loudly as Luna approached, “Your highness, he…”

“I’m disappointed Goodnight,” Luna said in a low tone. “Soldiers do not question their orders when they trust their leaders, you hesitation shows you do not trust me. This matter will be discussed later. I have much more pressing things to attend to.”

Luna kneels down and lifts the colt up by the scruff of his neck with her mouth, setting the little guy properly on his hooves. “Are you hurt?”

“No ma’am!” The colt salutes proudly.

Luna grins, “Good to hear. Now I am to understand you have a message for me. Please state your name and relay your message.”

The little colt puffs out his chest and stood proudly before the princess, “I am Thrice the fifth, I have an urgent message from my great, great grandstallion, patroller 303, Thrice the first. I am to bring you to him as soon as possible. We need to hurry, he doesn’t have long left!”

Before Thrice could process what was happening he suddenly found himself on the princess’s back and in the air.

“Where is he?”

“Canterlot general hospital,” replies Thrice. Luna took the sky, looking for the large red cross that identified the hospital.

“Hang on tight, little Thrice,” She warns the colt as she spread her wings. “This will be a bumpy flight!”

Windows shatter as Luna took off flying as fast as she could towards the big white building. She came barreling through the front door, still in midflight as her hooves touch the tile ground. Thrice yelling out which way to go as they barrel through the hallways, till he finally yells for her stop in front of room number 303, how ironic.

Letting the little colt off her back Luna enters the room. Inside a dozen ponies stood around the bed in the center of the room. Ponies, she first mistook for bat ponies, but quickly realize that there was a hint of dragon in their blood as some of them were sporting small barely noticeable patches of scales along their spines.

They part ways for her, giving small little head nods as she pass, when she reached the bed she couldn’t help but gasp. There withered and old was Thrice, patroller 303, one of the triplets, one of her ponies, one of her friends.

“Thrice…Thrice is that you?” She gently asks placing her hoof in his open claw. His claw twitches and tightens around her hoof, his grip was weak, so very weak. He had none of his strength of his youth left. That was no surprise; he had to be almost as old as her now. Tears fell from her eyes, she couldn’t believe he lived this long.

The old dragon pony’s eyes open, gray and faded, a smile playing on his lips as he opens his mouth to speak, “Thrice… reporting in… Princess…”

His breathing was labored. He was using everything he had just to talk to her.

“I’m here Thrice, its ok, I’m here. You can rest now.”

“No,” Thrice moans, his voice hoarse as the machines next to his bed began to scream loudly with a horrible buzzing sound. “One last mission… must finish mission… waited so long…”

Luna held his claw tightly between her hooves, putting up a protective shield to keep the nurses and family members away and to silence that horrible buzzing.

“What mission Thrice? What is it you need to do?”

“Sixes… castle… three keys… open the door… Allure…Nightingale…Applejack…”

“Sixes… is Sixes alive? Thrice! Thrice tell me…” it was too late. The dragon pony was gone, his claw slipping away from her hoof, limp and lifeless. Luna steps back, allowing Thrice’s family to surround him in moaning. The old dragon pony died with a smile on his face. His mission was complete.

Luna removes herself from the room. Unable to face Thrice’s family. She had stolen away his last moments from them, they probably didn’t understand the significance of those moments, but none the less she had taken them.

“Princess Luna,” a voice hesitantly asks. She looks over to see little Thrice the fifth, the colt that had brought her here and next to him a much taller pony that looked like a young Thrice. No doubt this was Thrice the fourth, Thrice’s great grandfoal.

“Yes?”

Thrice the fourth coughs, looking rather nervous, “I want to thank you for coming. I have to say, none of us believed great granddad when he said he was waiting for the Princess of the Night to return. I suppose he was in luck Fifth here, did believe him and is apparently young and stupid enough to charge out into the streets during a royal parade to get your attention.”

“He is a bold one,” chuckles Luna ruffling Thrice the fifth’s hair, “though I would advise not to such a thing again unless it is of the utmost importance of course.”

“Aye, Ma’am!” The little colt exclaims excitedly, though his excitement quickly fades as he looks into the room where his grandfather lay. Thrice huddles against his father does leg, hiding his face from the princess to try and hide his tears, his grandfather told him never to cry in front of other ponies.

“There, there, it’s ok, it was his time,” Thrice the fourth consoles his son. “Still even I’m surprised the old stallion died. Seemed like he was gonna live forever, but I guess that was foolish to believe.”

Though Luna felt the same sadness as little Thrice, but she kept herself composed, knowing the time to mourn would come later, but a question still plagued her, “How did Thrice stay alive for so long? I know dragon ponies can live for several hundred years, but how did Thrice live so much longer than the others of his kind?”

Thrice the Fourth hands his son over to a mare that could only be the foal’s mother and gestures for Luna to follow him. She did and Thrice explained.

“The old stallion told us all stories about his life as all old stallions do. He told us about his brethren and they discovered they could slow their aging by entering a deep sleep as dragons are known to do. He said it was simply a matter of timing for him. He fell as sleep five hundred years earlier than the others, never waking up once, thus drastically slowing his aging. He met some of his brethren when he awoke as they were passing through the final stages of their life. He retained some youth, probably aging fifty years in his sleep, yet still appearing relatively young. He quickly got to work courting mares and popping out foals like no tomorrow. He gave all the first born colts the name Thrice and it became sort of family tradition. He outlived his son, and his son’s son, my father Thrice the third. Saying he couldn’t die till he told you his message.”

“I see. Thank you very much for tolerating my intrusion, I know it must have very confusing for you all with my sudden and rushed appearance.”

Thrice shook his head, “No, it’s no trouble at all. Seeing you again must have been the happiest moment in the old stallion’s life. When he was hospitalized he was really troubled by the prospect of not seeing you again. He was close to having me give you the message, but he was stubborn and wanted to do it himself. Probably why he encouraged little Thrice to go get you, we adults were very unbelieving that the old stallion actually knew the newly returned the Princess. Hopefully, you can forgive us for our ignorance.”

“If you are willing, would you mind aiding me in burying Thrice? I wish to send him away like in the old days and I could use some help.”

“Princess Luna,” said Thrice the fourth. “We would be honored to help you lay him to rest.”


Evening fell over Equestria, the moon was shining high in the night as a crowd of ponies gather in the courtyard of the Castle of the Two Sisters in great numbers. Luna was amazed by how large Thrice’s family was, counting over two hundred ponies. Ponies that braved the dangers of the Everfree to come and lay to rest their sire. For without him, none of them would be here this day.

Of course, Luna personally ensured their protection by guiding them here with a few guards to help.

The bones of P-Rex and all those who had been on display were also here. Delivered by Fancy Pants ponies with the pony himself in attendance, saying he would like to pay his respects. A gesture she could not tell was genuine or political, but he seem sincere and that was enough for her. Even Celestia was here, after dealing with the fallout of the parade being interrupted and hearing the situation the elder alicorn cleared her schedule to attend. Something Luna was very grateful to her sister for.

Standing in front of the recently dug graves Luna levitates the bones of the dragon ponies first. Wishing she knew who they were, to give praise for their service to her and Celestia and Equestria as a whole. Sadly they would be only ever remembered by headstones of unknown heroes.

Next was P-Rex. The giant pony’s bones were heavy and hard for her to move, but Luna was determined to put him to rest personally. Once P-Rex’s remains were in their proper place, she looks the final pony to be laid to rest, Thrice.

Thrice’s body was covered in a midnight blue cloth, his helmet resting between his claws; it had been his only memento from his days as a patroller. Levitating his casket Luna laid him to rest and turn to the gathered ponies. She stares at them and they stare back, waiting for her to speak.

“I have known many ponies over my long life. I am sad to say not all of them have a special place in my heart, but this is not the case of Thrice. Once a long, long time ago, Thrice and his brothers, Trinity, and Trifecta served under my command. They were strong, loyal ponies that had a habit of being reckless in battle. Yet together they stood strong and they fought as one. In one of our major battles they had my flank and they kept me safe as we breached the enemy stronghold to rescue our friends. I am embarrassed to admit it, but at that time, if it had not been for the number on their flanks I would not have been able to tell who was who as they were triplets.” The crowd broke out into a subdued chuckle, the dreadful atmosphere lifting just a little. “If that wasn’t bad enough, sometimes they would wear cloaks and pretend to be one of the others to confuse me. They were pranksters and well as warriors and I have much admiration for them and I am proud to stand here before you all and tell their story. I do not know the life Thrice lived after my imprisonment on the moon, but looking at you all here today. I can safely say it was a life well lived and though I know there must have been trying times and troubles as with all families. It is the love we have for one another that forge a bond greater than anything we can ever imagine. I would like to conclude this service in the traditional way if would please join me in song.”

Taking the place of Alto, Luna stood tall and proud and began to sing, the crowd following her lead.

Once the song ends and the crowd began to file out to go home, Luna ducks from sight and enters the old castle. Thrice’s final words playing over and over in her mind like a movie reel. A fabulous new invention that plays prerecorded plays. That was beside the point; Thrice mention something about Sixes and the castle and some sort of keys.

She moves the lower levels, looking for anything out of place, passing by the memorial wall along the way. Pausing in her search she quickly adds Thrice’s name to the list, as she finishes carving in the stone Luna notices a beam of moonlight pointing at the wall. Looking up she saw that the moonlight was shining through a small window, maybe only an inch wide. Following the light she began to tap the wall, hearing a hollow sound.

“Is this… a door?” She wonders using her magic to pull the two stone slabs that made the door apart, revealing a flight of stairs. “Well, this is new.”

Trotting quickly down the stairs Luna found herself in a white marble room with a huge door! In front of the door were three statues of three very familiar ponies.

“Allure, Nightingale, Applejack… three keys…” Luna looks closer at the statues, comparing them to the memories of her friends. Something seemed off. She looked at Applejack’s statue and then Allure’s. “Applejack’s hat… it’s missing, and so are Allure’s earrings, as well as Nightingale’s medal, could they be… could they be the keys? If so, keys to what?”

Luna looks up at the huge imposing door. Something was behind it, something for her from her friends. Something important enough that they didn’t tell Celestia about it, there was no way her sister would keep something like this from her. Not that she could.

“I’ll figure this out! I swear!” Luna yells running up the stairs, excitement rushing through her as she seals the door behind her. Did she dare hope? Did she dare even dream what could be behind that door?

Author's Note:

Chapter 2, wahoo! And Harvest is done so updates should be pretty regular again.

PreviousChapters Next