• Published 2nd Nov 2016
  • 2,215 Views, 217 Comments

Night Patrol 2: Awakening - Foxgear



A thousand years she was in the moon, now she's back and living in a strange new world. Her friends and comrades gone, nothing but dust in the dirt. With only her sister Luna look towards the future, but the past keeps calling her back.

  • ...
5
 217
 2,215

PreviousChapters Next
The Canary

Night Patrol 2: Awakening Ch 12

By Foxgear

--break

“Lord Kaiser!”

(Oh, for the love of Gaia!) The Kaiser growls as he lay atop his Kaiserin at full mast. It was late in the night, about eleven from what he could tell from looking out the window. He needs a clock in here. The guard outside knocks on the door. He also needs a do not disturb sign too.

“I’ll be right back my love,” He whispers, nuzzling his Chrissy’s neck. She affectionally nuzzles back, taking little nibbles of his neck with her fangs, siphoning little sips of his love. “Save some for later my dear, unless you’ve become fond of your new midnight snack.”

Chrysalis snickers, licking her lips as she stole another helping of love for herself. She’s gotten rather gluttonous in the past week and a half. Gorging herself on the love of Princess Cadence regularly. The princess just had so much love to take! It was like a drug and she was addicted. The best part. Cadence’s love was so vast she could take her fill and the Princess suffers only minor effects. Such as dizziness and feeling tired. Any normal pony would be an irrational, psychotic mess by now from being drained so regularly.

“Only as a side dish. I still prefer my main course.”

Hades grins at her crude humor, finding it refreshing. “I may be feeling a tad jealous.” He laughs as he trots towards the door.

“I could always hypnotize her and let you have a quick lay or better yet.” Chrysalis takes Cadence’s form, posing in a very provocative way. “I could play the part myself.”

“I prefer originality over copies.”

“And that’s what I love about you.”

Finally answering the door, the Kaiser was once again greeted by Lady Wiess, fully exposing himself to her once again. As much as he loved the deep blush on one of his most loyal and fierce shock troopers, he should really stop meeting her like this. This is how rumors start after all. It was also unfair to her for her own private life. After all what stallion would want to mess with the Kaiser’s rumored side candy?

“How may I help you today Lady Wiess? And by today, I mean eleven at night? This had better be important. I know you know what happens to ponies that disturb me for unimportant things so late at night.” The punishment for disturbing him needlessly was to be thrown into the changeling hive and fed upon. Depending on the offense victims could experience an uncomfortable hour to being feasted on for an entire night or simply never leaving the pit.

Wiess gulps, “Well miene Kaiser, I don’t know how important this is, but Prince Kiri of Nippon has just landed in our courtyard.”

Prince Kiri? What in Gaia’s name was he doing here? Nippon ponies hardly ever leave Nippon, let alone a member of the royal family! This. This could be troublesome. Nippon is a long-standing ally of Equestria. Could this be a plot by Celestia? His letter should have just reached her in the past day or two, there’s no way she could organize this fast. Unless.

“Lady Wiess, when you chased off those Equestrians did you ever find the one that got away?” The blond mare fell to her knees, her eyes refusing to meet his. He looks sternly at her prone form. His blood boiling. “I see. I will go attend to the Prince. I’ll leave you in the care of the Kaiserin.”

“Oh, that sounds fun,” Chrysalis said appearing her in Queen disguise, a black unicorn with a green mane, leering longingly at the blonde mare. “I’ve wanted to spend some ‘personal’ time with you for a while. Please stand and follow me.”

“Yes, Madame,” Wiess’s body shook in terror as she follows the queen into the royal chambers. The door slamming shut behind her.

Taking a brisk pace, the Kaiser made for the throne room, cursing whatever gods were listening. He’s gotten lazy lately. Brushing off a third-tier princess like Cadence wasn’t a big deal, it’s not like she ruled any lands herself and Celestia was very unlikely to go start a war over someone snubbing the pink alicorn. Ignoring Prince Kiri was a different matter.

Unlike their allies in Equestria, Nippon, while seclusive, took great pride in their warriors and military. And they, unlike Celestia, weren’t afraid to use that military strength. The ponies of Nippon made that very clear when they attacked Porea after their surprise attack two hundred years ago and several other times since.

Arriving in the throne room the Kaiser quickly took his seat. Below standing on the red carpet was Prince Kiri himself and one guard. A pink mare wearing a blue kimono. Hade's leg fidgets as he eyes the two dragon ponies. His guards could take them if needed. He would handle the political fallout later, but what worried him was how many they would kill before going down. He knew from personal experience how tough rinin were to take down.

“Prince Kiri, sorry for the delay. You caught me by surprise! What are you doing here?” Could he be here for Cadence? He thought again. Wondering if Celestia and Kusanagi devised a plan to come and take the pink Princess back.

(No, that would be too elaborate. Besides Cadence is not so valuable to me that I wouldn’t give her up in a second if Celestia showed up to retrieve her. I had planned to give her back anyway. There’s something else going on here.) The Kaiser and the Prince stare each other down in a battle of wills. Hades becoming annoyed with the Prince’s tardiness to answer his question, but he kept calm, trying to figure out the white rinin’s game.

“I heard rumor my lost sister, Sake, was here. I merely stopped by to confirm if this was indeed true or not. Rinin are a rare sight outside of Nippon. A silver and white colored rinin is even rarer, as very few bloodlines carry those traits. So, have you heard any such rumors?”

His sister? Right, right, Princess Sake, the runaway Princess of Nippon. Hades remembers hearing about that. The reason for the Princess act of rebellion was never stated, but it was always a known fact that any deeds to finding/bringing her home would be met with great rewards. However, any false information would inquire the wrath of Nippon.

“Hmm, the missing Princess Sake, no can’t say I’ve heard any reports of late. But that doesn’t mean there isn't any merit to your rumors. Allow me to probe my information network and see what I turn up. If you’re willing to wait a few hours. I imagine you’re a busy pony, Prince Kiri.”

“I am, but mother would be disappointed if I didn’t at least hear you out. If it’s not too much trouble perhaps you could provide me and my escort a room to wait in?

“Not at all. Please wait here. I’m afraid because of the late hour I’ll have to rouse some maids to find out what rooms are available. Please wait here.”

“Of course,” Kiri gave a slight nod in appreciation. He kept his head bowed, his eyes following the Kaiser’s every step till he was out of sight.

“There are three hidden guards in the chamber, Master,” Kaki said huddling close to him. She lay her wing over his body, cling him to like a lovesick floozy. Her posture, clothing, and hairstyle resembling that of a Geisha mare. “One is in the rafters, and two hidden in passages behind the drapes.”

“Understood. Keep up your role, we must distract the Kaiser for as long as possible.” Kiri whispers, his tail wrapping protectively around Kaki’s rear. The Kaiser’s guards were leering a bit too often for his liking. Their lack of discipline disgusts him. Or maybe Kaki’s performance was too good, he must admit, even he was feeling a little hot under his kimono with her clinging to him like this.

“How long must I play the fool?” Kaki pouts, laying her head on his neck, trying to look curtsy and innocent to all onlookers.

“Until Princess Luna finds Princess Cadence and Commander Bricks if the Commander is even alive,” Kiri replies, speaking in old, old Nippon. Even if by chance the Kaiser had a translator listening in, which was unlikely given their sudden arrival. They would have to study for weeks to transplant a language even they don’t speak anymore. He also added a bit an of accent just to really keep things private between him and Kaki.

A blond mare, blond in both mane and coat enters the room. She was clearly a maid. A recently awaken maid by her disheveled mane and hastily thrown on uniform. “Please come this way my lord and…” The maid hesitated, uncertain of Kaki’s status.

“Lady Kaki,” Kiri states, much to the surprise of the mare beside him.

The maid bows, “Of course, please follow me.”


Luna trek through the forests surrounding the Kaiser’s castle. Gone were her royal garments, her crown, yoke, and boots left behind in Canterlot. Instead, she dons her old adventuring garb. Skillfully reconstructed by the Canterlot armorer. A black cowl hung around her neck obscuring the bottom of her face, leather armor covering shoulders and flank, hiding her mark. She also wore a saddle bag and her star blade holsters. Finally, specially made boots to muffle her hoof steps. The last item was proving most useful as it allows her to travel swiftly and quietly through the forest. Right now, she wants to keep her wings hidden.

Now one might be made to wonder why a Princess was seeking around a forest in a foreign country. Well, it was a question with a few different answers. A week and a half ago her sister, Celestia, came barging into her room demanding help with a situation involving the third Princess of Equestria, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza or Cadence for short, and the task force Celestia had sent to investigate Germane’s role in the recent string of pirate attacks.

Her mission, to find out what happen to the task force and retrieve Princess Cadence. Her plan was twofold. She would infiltrate the Kaiser’s castle looking for the task force and evidence for the pirate attacks. Meanwhile, Kiri and Kaki, who she enlisted as aid, would enter from the front and keep the Kaiser’s attention. The two would ‘accidentally’ find Cadence and offer her a ride home. If the Kaiser didn’t want a war on his hooves he would comply willingly.

Naturally, Celestia was nervous about her going alone, with only Kiri and Kaki as back up, but it was better this way. A mission with such high stakes needed to be kept under wraps and kept in the hooves of only the most capable of ponies. Nothing against Spitfire and the rest, but this was a role more suited for her, and her alone. Their bright colored coats and mane didn’t lend them stealth missions. As for Kiri’s and Kaki’s involvement they were happy to help… after King Kusanagi told them too.

The choice to go to Nippon for aid, other than the fact it would help deceive the Kaiser. May or may not be attuited to the fact Luna liked the Nippon airships more than Equestria’s. Lack of cannons being a big factor, but more than that she really wanted to work with rinin again. There was something about having a dragon pony on your team that was reassuring to her.

“Well this is the place,” Luna said checking her map in the moonlight. Ahead of her was the cave in Fleetfoot’s report. The same cave the task force set up as a base camp. Here she would begin her search. Dimming the moonlight, she enters the cave. Her eyes instantly adjusting to the darkness.

Inside she found the cold smoldered remains of the team’s campfire. But nothing else. All their equipment, even their bodies were gone. Dark splotches marring the walls and floor of the cave were the only evidence that somepony had died in here.

Walking deeper into the darkness Luna follows the tunnel that leads deeper into the cave, hearing a dull roar coming from its shadowy depths. Like in the report there was no evidence of the task force assailants entering from the front of the cave. Granted the attackers could fly, but the entrance wasn’t that big and flying well possible, wouldn’t have been the best idea while wearing wing armor. One bump and the sound of metal grinding against stone would be enough to wake the dead. Besides from their reported positions, seems the attacking shock troopers attacked from deeper within the cave. As Luna walks deeper into the winding network of tunnels, it was seeming more and more likely that the attack came from inside the cave rather than outside.

Coming to open chasm with a large roaring waterfall. Luna could see why the task force ponies didn’t hear their attackers coming. The noise was deafening!

Hugging the rockface Luna follows the winding narrow path, finding large heavy hoof prints in the soft dirt along the trail. Dim blue crystal illuminates the path, but she knew better than to use them. Clearly, this wasn’t a normal cave.

“Hey, did you hear what happened to Commander Wiess?” A voice said up head. Luna stops cold, sinking to the
shadows as two shock troopers in full armor walk towards her. Stopping right in front of her to have their conversation. How typical of the situation, she thought rolling her eyes. None the less she listens intently, hoping to get some useful information.

“Ja, I did,” The second trooper said, clearly a mare from her high pitch voice and smaller stature. “It’s awful. She got taken in the Kaiserin’s chambers! You know how unpleasant that can be, right?”

The stallion trooper chuckled nervously, “Yeah, mare or stallion, it’s no fun for either when the Kaiser’s mare is involved with your punishment. She’s harsher than the Kaiser himself sometimes!”

The mare visibly shivers, “Yeah, I got thrown into the pits a week ago. Her ‘children’ are so… yuck! I don’t even want to think about it! They were so slimy and they bite you all the time! A lot of them bit my… you know what’s like I was some common milkmaid! I was in there for two hours!”

“Yikes, what did you do?”

“I almost let that stallion Wiess and her team captured escape! He nearly made it out too! He knocked me out when I was feeding him and I woke up I was being dragged to the pits! It was awful.”

“Wow, that sucks, Crepe. What happened to him after that?”

“As if I’d tell you, Bockwurst. I’d only get into more trouble! And I am not going back to the pits anytime soon, hopefully never!”

“Alright, alright, let get out on our patrol. The Kaiser is busy with that Nippon Prince, but that doesn’t mean we can stand here and skip out on patrols.”

“You’re the one who started talking,” Crepe objects, giving Bockwurst a good jab in the side. Her wing suddenly twitched. She groans, pressing her body against the stone wall and rubbing against it. “Urgh! These stupid wings are so itchy!”

Bockwurst chuckles, taking his horn, he presses the tip under Crepe’s other wing and began scratching it, making her sigh and moan in relief. “Oh, Great Gaia, that’s the spot! Oh, gods… yes… I might need to reward you after patrols are done and we’re out of this armor.”

“I’ll hold you to that.”

The two stomp away. Their heavy hoof falls overpowering the waterfall before disappearing into the distance. Luna waits and waits. Wanting to be completely sure they were gone and no pony else was coming.

Slipping out of the shadow Luna hurries through the winding caves to the open area of the waterfall. As she ran her mind drifts to the horns and wings both ponies had. Fleetfoot had mentioned that too. She had thought the same thing as Fleetfoot had. That the ponies in the armor were either pegasus with fake horns or unicorns with fake wings, but they were both wrong. The weight of that armor, the swearing to Gaia, and irritation of their wings, all point to those ponies being earth ponies with fake wings and horns. Prosthetic wings were nothing new to her, but prosthetic horns? Well, only one group of ponies ever used those.

“What’s going on here,” Luna wonders aloud, coming to the open chamber with the waterfall. She stood at the edge of the pond hoof prints littering soft dirt floor, all coming from the water. She enters the pond. The water bone-chillingly cold as she wades through it. After searching around a bit, she disappointingly comes to conclusion as to where the secret passage lies. She could see the outline of a pony made tunnel behind the waterfall. “Here goes nothing.” Taking a deep breath, Luna bit into the cloth of her cowl and walks through the waterfall. The use of magic was too risky, so she got soaked.

“What an unusual place for a hidden entrance, but I can’t argue it isn’t effective… at least I would if I hadn’t found it so quickly.” Now thoroughly soaked from mane to tail. Luna observes the room that made her go through so much trouble to enter. It was a dungeon. A dank, moist, dark and possibly mold-ridden, dungeon. “Well, it’s a start.”

Following the line of glowing crystals. (They sure do like using Crystals for light.) Luna took note of the rows of mold ridden bars of the cells. Seems this was an abandoned dungeon. Like the crystal catacombs beneath Canterlot Castle.

(Maybe abandoned is not the right word.) Luna muse as she came into a larger room. Perhaps a guard outpost or something. It was very spartan, with only a small chair and table in the center. A plate with a half-eaten sandwich lay on the table. Meaning more ponies were down here. Bending the shadows, Luna sunk into the corner where a pile of crates was stacked. Swooshing away the mice that gathered to feast on the grain spilling out of the corner of the crate. Not a moment too soon as two guard ponies enter the room.

The guards were less armored then the previous two ponies she spied upon. In fact, they wore no armor, instead, they wore simple, yet clearly professionally made garb that could only be their uniforms. The pair were once again a stallion and a mare. Taking seats at the table they began to talk.

“That stallion Weiss captured is nothing but trouble!” The stallion rages, unbuttoning his shirt. “Look at this bruise! It’s huge!”

“Awe, I think he’s sweat.” The mare swoons. The stallion scoffs.

“Yeah, he was flirting with you. I do the same thing and get nothing for it!”

“He’s just more charming. Your…” Her words die off as the stallion tore into the sandwich. She sighs laying her head on the table. “Your uncouth, Bratwurst.” She mutters, the stallion not even paying attention to her words.

“What was that Streusel?”

“Agh… nothing. Carry on.”

From her position, Luna observed the bruise. It was fresh and new, inflicted probably one to two days ago. By the stallion’s testimony, it was likely yesterday. Now which way to the cell holding the stallion who inflicted the wound? The chance of it being Bricks was very high. Now how to find the cell?

“So, why guys still in cell block C?” Bratwurst asks. Spitting crumbs as he chews his sandwich. “He keeps escaping, so wouldn’t it be wiser to put him in a sturdier cell?”

Streusel wipes the crumbs from her muzzle. “Yes, he’s still in Block C. It’s not like we have another place to keep him down here. This old rusty pile of crap was decommissioned years ago. Anyway, it’s time to go meet the others. With that Nippon Prince here, the Kaiser will be raging for everypony to be on guard. We’ll be in trouble if we're not at our posts.”

“Right, right,” Bratwurst down the last of his sandwich and the two trotted off.

Again, Luna waits a minute before moving from her hiding spot. Creeping out from behind the crate she observes the letters above the three corridors. She had come from tunnel B, the two ponies left down tunnel A, leaving only tunnel C and D.

“C it is then,” She mumbles dashing across the room. This corridor. The same as all the others were lit with gems. Perhaps it wasn’t the time or place, but they had Luna’s curiosity, so she braces her front legs on the wall and leans up for a closer look. She squints, not seeing anything special about them, not sensing any overt charm or spell, so perhaps they were just a natural glowing stone?

“ACHOO!”

Luna blinks. (Did that gem just sneeze?) The gem in question unfolds, a pair of cute little eyes looking out at as two antennas pop out of its head. Luna’s chest contracts in horror as the small creature’s wings unfold around it, showing off its small shining equine/insectoid body. It was a Breeze! Not just any Breeze a crystal Breeze! Meaning all these lights were Breezes!

“Moon crap…”

Luna takes off running! The Breeze letting loose a high-pitched wail! Awakening its brethren. They swarm from their resting places. Some chasing after her and others flying the way she came. No doubt running to get the guards.

No point in being sneaky now Luna does an about-face, her horn blazing with magic! “BE GONE! FOUL CREATURES!” The shadows reach out, like claws of the beasts of Tartarus, snuffing out the lights of the Breeze’s, the screams of thousands of the tiny creatures silenced in an instant.

Panting Luna pulls the shadows back, the only light now the glow of her horn. She cringes the light of her horn revealing the thousands of red botches marring the floor. She had gone overboard. In her rage accidentally tapping into ‘her’ power.

(It’s both of our power, you know that Luna.)

“Shut up,” Luna sneers beating Nightmare Moon back into the bowls of her soul. She knew better then use magic in anger. It brings her other half to the forefront and she didn’t want to start conversing with her darker self. She’s had a thousand years too many listening to that voice.

“Princess Luna? Is that you?” A dreary and beaten voice said from the darkness. Luna shines her light into the cell. A battered and beaten white stallion hung from the ceiling inside.

“I am, are you Commander B. Bricks?”

“I am.” He replies, a smirk playing at his lips as he chuckles. “Never thought Celestia would send you to get me. Nice to know I’m important.”

“My sister cares for all that serve under her, now I’ll have you out of there in a bit. You just need to answer a few questions. What is your mother’s grandmother’s father’s clan name?”

“Bricklayer.”

“Correct. Let’s get you home Commander.” Bending the bars with her magic Luna enters the cell, breaking the chains that Bricks hung from. The stallion fell on his rear, his face sunken from a lack of nutrition and sleep. He stood, but his legs were weak from a lack of use. “Here, lean on me.” Luna places the Commander on her back, trotting out of the cell Luna debates which way to go the way she came or deeper it into the dungeon?

“Princess, wait there’s something I need to tell you.”

From the direction of the guard post came a song of voices and thundering echoes of rushing hooves. Luna looks down the darkened corridor. Seems her choice has been made for her.

“Tell me later, when we're out of here.” She replies taking off into the darkness. From behind the approaching guards shout for her halt. When she didn’t they fired a barrage of magical blasts towards her, most missed, but a few nicked her flank armor. The scarps of leather were torn from the steel ribbits pinning them together and sent flying. Luna rounds a corner as another magic bolt blasts through her saddle bag! She hisses as she stumbles, grinding her body against the wall to stay upright. She stops to catch her breath, feeling hot sticky blood roll down her coat and onto the floor.

“Can’t have that,” She groans lighting up her horn. A blinding white flash engulfs the corridor, burning away the grim, dirt, and blood, the once gray bricks were now white as marble. She’s seen what her blood could do in the wrongs hooves. She would not be so careless again.

“They're over here! Don’t let them escape!”

Acting quick Luna begins running again, casting a low-level healing spell for her wound. The hallway seems to grow narrower. She notices there was a slight incline, meaning they were going up towards the surface. Sure enough, stairs carved into the stone floor appear and she began to climb. The smallest of lights shining up ahead in the outline of a door. With no regard, she broke through the door coming to a stop in a lavish hallway. She stood in the middle looking frantically around as dozens of guards surrounded her as well as Kiri? No not just Kiri, Cadence was with him too. She was looking a little worn out, but ok for the most part. There was a blonde stallion standing beside Kiri, his presence was that of somepony important. On a guess, she assumed him to the Kaiser.

The Kaiser steps away from Kiri, raising his hoof he points towards the hidden stairs where the four guards Luna encountered earlier stumble out into the light. “Seize the rebels!” The guards surrounding Luna jump on her pursuers before they could even make a move.

Luna circles around to Kiri, the Kaiser moving out of the way, a smirk playing on his lips. Already she didn’t like him, but she couldn’t place why. Something about him just screams for her not to trust him.

“Princess Luna, I presume.”

“That is me,” She answers cautiously. Uncertain of the Kaiser’s intentions as she eyes the hidden entrance. “This is our first meeting I believe.”

“Indeed, and what a great meeting it is. You have done me a great boon for flushing out those rebels.”

“Rebels?” Luna questions.

“Oh, yes! Recently a fraction as grown disdained with my rule. I have tried to appease them and subjected them, but nothing seems to work. They remain a thorn in my side, yet they can do little to oppose me forthright. Thus, they have taken to cowardly tactics. I believe I have stated this in my letter to Celestia.”

“What letter?”

“You have not gotten it? I had sent a letter regarding my offer of protection to Princess Cadence when she appeared on my doorstep and an estimated time I could deliver her to you. Unless your sister chose to come and bring her home herself. I also included a letter regarding the matter of Pirates attacking your ships in my name. I’m afraid the rebels reach has reached my desk and seal, and my navy has been unwittingly having been following false orders without my knowledge.” The Kaiser said looking as sympathetic as possible. Luna could not tell if he was acting or being sincere.

“How convenient,” she says warily. “What of our Commander here? Do you claim no knowledge of him too?”

The Kaiser nods, “Of course! Had I known I would have placed him in the suit next to Princess Cadence. Unfortunately, he was captured by Wiess and her band of traitors. Only till tonight did I gain this knowledge, but I wanted to get Princess Cadence and Prince Kiri on their way home, lest they get caught up in the crossfire. Who knows how large Wiess’s numbers are? It would be a tragedy if royalty from both Equestria and Nippon were to get hurt or worse in Germane while under my care.”

Luna continues to stare the Kaiser down, her feelings of mistrust unshaken. Something wasn’t right with all this. It was… too perfect. Everything was being wrapped up in only a few seconds. Recusing the Commander, getting Cadence, the pirate matter. Complex political matters are never solved this fast or conveniently.

“Not to intrude on your conversation, but perhaps it is best we get going. I am most eager to return home as soon as possible.” Cadence said, her tone pleading. Her body motions almost panicky as she presses herself close to the Princess of the Night. “Besides we need to tend to your and Commander Bricks’ injuries as soon as possible.”

From behind Kiri scoffs as he begins to trot away, “Stay here if you wish Princess Luna, but I am returning home, with or without you on board my ship.”

(I really need to find out why he doesn’t like me.) Luna bows her head to the Kaiser and takes her leave. “I bid you farewell, but know this is not over.” She warns the Kaiser.

The Kaiser waves as the Princess marched away, his own smile spread wider across his lips, “Oh, trust me, Dear Luna, this is only the beginning.”

--break

Aboard Kiri’s ship, The Taisho, Luna lays Bricks on the bed of the Cabin Kiri set aside for him. One of Cadence’s mares in waiting sat in the room with a tray of food. Slowly feeding the Commander rice pudding to help him regain his strength.

“Like I was trying to tell you, Princess, the ponies that captured me were Germane Rebels.” Bricks said as he took another spoonful of rice pudding. “I’m sorry I didn’t speak up when you and the Kaiser were talking, but I feared I’d only make matters worse.”

“It’s ok Bricks, it was perhaps the right choice in the end. I fear in my adrenaline and angered state I wouldn’t have believed you. But are you sure they were really rebels? Are you certain the ponies that attacked you weren’t following the Kaiser’s orders?”

Bricks nodded, “Yes. When I was put in my cell they whispered things about keeping my capture secret from the Kaiser and where to hide the bodies of my comrades. They were especially worried about Fleetfoot’s escape. They spoke of intercepting the Kaiser’s letter to Celestia. I do not know if they did or not. Also during some of my escapes, I saw the supplies taken from our ships. Seems they were taking the supplies for themselves.”

“I see, thank you for your report given your current state. I will contact Celestia regarding the Kaiser’s letter. Given the time frame, it would probably arrive after my departure. Given the secrecy and importance of the mission, Celestia probably wouldn’t risk it by contacting me, even if the letter arrived.” Luna pats Bricks on the shoulder and looks at the mare in waiting. “Please take care of him… ah… pardon but I don’t believe I know your name.”

“Canary, your highness. Fear not for Sir Brick's health. I will attend to him as a mother does to her child. But I think perhaps you should tend to dear Princess Cadenza. She seems to be stressed from her stay in Germane.”

“I see. I suppose as her ‘Aunt’ it falls to me provide familial support. Thank you for informing me of her distress.”

Canary bows, “My please Princess, please take care.” Luna leaves the room. Canary’s smile widens as she raises her head, her eyes glowing a deep green. “Wonderful acting, Pharynx. I knew I could count on you.”

Bricks eyes turn from brown to purple as he raises on his hindquarters and bows, “It was a simple matter, my Queen.”

"Yes, we had to make a few sacrifices, but it will all be worth it when we take Canterlot and all the love in Equestria for ourselves!"

Author's Note:

Dun duh dunnn!

PreviousChapters Next