• Published 29th Jun 2012
  • 3,472 Views, 375 Comments

Fallout: Equestria - Wasteland Bouquet - Cascadejackal



There's a lot of stories in the Equestrian Wasteland, and they all need to be told.

  • ...
17
 375
 3,472

Epilogue: Bourbon Rose

Epilogue: Bourbon Rose

Midvalley, the leader of the Hornfreaks, was dead, and his gang scattered to the winds. The Wasteland would never again know them as a threat, and Canter Creek stood free.

Her grim task completed, Bourbon Rose resumed her hunt, combing the ruined wastes of Equestria for any sign of the ponies who had caused her wandering. Her heart, hardened by tragedy and hate, burned only with the fires of vengeance.

But fate had other plans in store for her.

News of Midvalley's death spread, reaching the ears of his kin. His killer would not be allowed to live. The bounty on her head was raised. Gangs were assembled. Young minotaurs, eager to prove their worth and earn their place, set out to bring down the murderous mare.

Few would return.

The legend of Bourbon Rose, and the bounty on her head, continued to grow.

Author's Note:

And that brings this arc to an end.:twilightsmile: It's been a heck of a ride, but the crew's finally got back the Serenity and they're going home.
This isn't the end of their adventures, though! Stay tuned for more Wasteland Bouquet!:raritystarry:

Headcanon time, because I kinda left Bourbon's fate open-ended up there.:twilightblush:
The last time she was seen alive, Bourbon Rose was staring down an alicorn, defiant to the last. After a fight she had no chance of winning, she was taken and converted into an alicorn herself to serve The Goddess.
Her fate beyond that is unknown.

There was a lot of unused material for this arc, mostly sidequests and backstory for characters.
One thing I was considering was having the group enter the Pastern mall early, when Rose was looking at it from the street. There, they would have met the scavengers who had set up their base there and had a chance to rest, as well as meeting Bourbon Rose on better terms. Instead of, y'know, dangling her from a streetlight like a pinata.:rainbowlaugh:
After escaping the bounty hunter attack on the mall, Bourbon would have remained with the group on their journey to Canter Creek. They would have arrived earlier, before the sheriff ran off, meaning Rose never got her badge. Instead of the duel, the crew (plus Bourbon) would have convinced the townsponies to fight back, leading to a Magnificent Seven inspired battle against the Hornfreaks.

The character backstories were for Bourbon Rose and "Crystal" Rose. This note's long anough already, so I won't put them here.:twilightblush::rainbowlaugh:

One last thing to mention: I changed the title for "A Glimpse of The Future" to "Epilogue: Jacknife".
Major side characters are gonna be getting epilogues. Just for the fun of it.:derpytongue2: