• Published 30th Jun 2012
  • 3,380 Views, 44 Comments

The Wraith Reborn - Dusk Stalker



Soul Reaver/MLP Fim Crossover, Vampire, Soul, Wraith, Raziel,

  • ...
5
 44
 3,380

Chapter 4: The Bewildered Ruler

Authors Notice: For those that ask who my favorite out of the two is, Kain one hundred percent, but Raziel is badass to no matter what.

Changeling Hive

"I can see this is where you rule?" The Hylden Lord took in the room, the only thing he could see that was a little throne what looked like a obsidian like material, he wasn't sure on the type or the cause of the throne if she didn't have any subjects to rule, courtesy of the Hylden Lord. Chrysalis could only watch as 'Janos' examined each little crack in the room, his hand gliding on her throne, but she could see that it was deforming, becoming even more twisted to what it was as two arm rest shot out of the now complete throne, the Hylden Lord sat down as he put his head on his right hand.

" So...you are changeling am I right?" Chrysalis seemed shocked by his response, she never told him (or it) what they were and what they were capable of. 'Janos' had his gaze fixed on Chrysalis waiting for her response, his fingers twiddling on the arm rest of the throne, the two reavers didn't seem to be in sight of Chrysalis as she nodded, nervously she was about to ask, but 'Janos' held a hand up.

"The Reavers told me, the blood of your children were sufficient enough to provide me with the information necessary to know what you are." The Hylden Lord leaned a bit, " And it told me you yearn for vengeance." Chrysalis perked not feeling woozy or nervous, but angry and confident at the word vengeance.

" Those ponies costed me everything! The power of love from those ponies!? IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN MINE." Chrysalis was so outraged at that moment, that she was almost foaming at the mouth from. 'THOSE PONIES' she called them, they ruined everything from the very end and it all started with the lavender pony, from the defeat of her babies all the way to her downfall at the hooves of Candence and Shining Armor, it was all nothing but torture to her mind, clawing at every fiber of her body and soul, yearning for it, lusting for that chance to rip through them all. 'Janos' could sense the anger radiating off her, and leaned forward a bit more.

"What if I could tell you...I can give you the vengeance you so desire?" Chrysalis perked up beaming at this bit of news, as she was about to speak, 'Janos' held up a finger, " But it will take time...if you are willing to postpone your anger." Chrysalis nodded as she flew out of the hive, knowing what was on 'Janos's' mind. But the Hylden, tapped his fingers on the arm rest of the new throne; She would live for a useful goal for two plans contemplating in his mind. One of course minor in its essence, a bit of vengeance was on the side if the signature was correct and his suspicion was correct.

And 'Janos' knew one vampire to help him accomplish this goal, he would be more of a pawn or a second in command if he was able to bring him here.

After all...a mortal cult worshipped him.


Canterlot

As much as the servant's and guards were use to guest in the castle, in which they were all to happy to help them, they weren't use to the creature Celestia brought to the castle and releasing him (from what everypony heard) and chatting with him. The guard were probably more tense about the situation, more so then their usual duties; Some of the ponies gathered near the throne room window to see Celestia chatting it up with Raziel, Raziel seemed a bit adament about this whole situation, he was waiting for the chance of any hint of betrayal and ready to strike if it happened.

But so far nothing, no indications of backstabbing him, no orders to kill him, no sudden attacks from behind him or in any other general direction for that matter; just Celestia asking questions.

" Raziel?" Raziel snapped out of it, he suddenly realized he was outside and could feel the sun's warmth hitting his blue skin, he didn't want it to stop, but Celestia seemed to think different.

"Yes?" Raziel answered.

" Is something wrong?"

" No just some events back home that have been troubling, and the present event that brought me here is a little uncomfortable if you will."

" How so?" Raziel wished that question would never come up, the only main reason was it would be complicated to explain to her about some of the things he had encountered; so far he had told her what he told Zecora in the forest. Somehow he expected shock and in which in turn he was right, but she didn't know what he carried when he transformed to a Wraith. Raziel somberly replied, " It would take to long to even tell you from the beginning."

" I see." so Celestia decided to change the subject, " Apart from what I witness, do you carry any other abilites?"

Raziel knew that Celestia was going to ask that, so he sighed and held out his arms, " Finish me now." This took Celestia by surprise, never in Equestria's history did somepony ask willingly to kill themselves, she never thought it would happen in her life or anyone else, she still looked stunned as Raziel suddenly held out his hand and to an even greater surprise to Celestia, a tall marble spire was levitating behind her, no aura was surrounding it, she suddenly felt a strong breeze brush her back and turned to see an impaled Raziel not showing any resistance, or hesistation as he gazed into Celestia's eyes to see a look of pure horror dawning on her face.

Raziel waved to her as he disappeared in a thin vale of green mist, Celestia was absolutely stunned and tears were starting to leak down from her eyes, the ponies watching inside were stunned and some were actually happy to see that he went away, knowing that Raziel's presence was more disturbing then welcoming, Celestia could sense some of the happiness of his untimely demise as she turned on the spot towards the ponies at the window, angry at all of them in which they all responded with regret and sadness knowing they angered their beloved ruler.

Suddenly she heard something crunching of dirt and stone being clawed through, she turned around to see a rotting hoof break out of the ground, gasping around the small area as it tried to find a good place to hold on, the next hoof popped out but it wasn't as dead as the other as it used the momentum of both hooves to pulled itself out of the ground and stumbled forward. The pony was ancient as his armor was dull then most ponies she had seen in any history book and the ponies cutie mark was two crossed wings with flames around them. But beyond the looks, the pony was dead and much to Celestia; she was literally on the verge of throwing up and pissing at the same time, but all that fear suddenly disappeared as she saw the pony's body turn to ash and a fully healed Raziel standing before her.

She couldn't believe it, Raziel was now alive standing on his two feet before her and both his arms crossed as he shook his head. The ponies on the inside...

Well all of them were shocked, appalled, and horrified at this action, but what was going on inside their heads was way different.

Raziel could only look at Celestia, still the look of shock on her face as he rubbed his head, a small migraine( which he never felt for a long time until now) was banging around his skull, " That is a curse of mine, I can possess the dead and use their life force to come back to this plane, it is unsuspecting," Raziel digressed about it, " But it does carry advantages." Celestia started taking it all in, but was still horrified at the moment," But that is only part of it." Raziel looked at Celestia with sorrow in his eyes, so much weighing him down from seeing his clan deformed to mindless beast, seeing Nosgoth changed, and finally witnessing the destruction of one thing that was almost considered holy to him, the Pillars of Nosgoth.

And finally Raziel dropped the ball, one big ball that he never told her or Zecora.

" I can't die."

Celestia gasped looking at the blue wraith as he continued, " and the only weapon that could kill me has consumed me...a relaxing lift off my shoulders, but it brought me to this world." this piqued Celestia's interest to the heavens as she tried to gather her composure, " And what was that weapon called?" Raziel looked at her as he summoned his Spirit Reaver and held it to her, no hostility intended on her.

" The Soul Reaver, a blade that not only kills, but rips the soul out of you no matter how many you have in you." Celestia could sense that magical energy around it, it was incredible the amount it was putting out that it could eclipse Star Swirl's magical energy ten fold.

" This is only my Reaver, when the physical Soul Reaver broke, the blade appeared in the Spectral Realm to me as it bonded to me." Raziel explained, " When I-." Raziel paused, he could remember what he did when he entered the Chronoplast, how he found out the truth when he had the true shell of the Reaver in his hands.

" Is something wrong Raziel?" Celestia asked, worried that she thought she may have gone a bit to far.

"Eternity is relentless Raziel." Raziel could remember those words Kain uttered, those words struck him, but he seemed to shrug it off as he turned his head to Celestia, " It is nothing."

Celestia didn't buy it, but she respected his wishes nonetheless, as he was talking she was thinking of something that was on her mind; their were two reasons for it though.

" Raziel...I don't mean to burden you more with what I am about to say, but I must ask you something."


Changeling Hive

Chrysalis flew back into her throne room as she was done with rounding up the rest of her children, satisfied at the job she did. But what she saw next didn't compare to what would haunt her for quite sometime, still sitting in the throne was 'Janos' looking smugly at what looked like a dark gooey puddle in front of the throne and in the middle, was a skeleton standing up like it was alive, thin streams of that black liquid forming what looked like a dome as the skeleton was writhing from in it. The skull was something Chrysalis couldn't live it down, the skull was crying in pain as some of the liquid entered its right eye socket and left out of its left. Chrysalis was to afraid to say anything so she silently left her hive, hoping he wouldn't notice her.

"It will be soon...you shall get the vengeance you so desired." 'Janos' said, the way he said it made Chrysalis worry that she may rushed in a bit to fast with him about her personal vendetta against Equestria, but she went on to ponder her thoughts as she left; but the only thing that was on her mind was the skeleton, out of the corner of her eye she could see the skeleton kneeling down, still in pain...the screams piercing through her skull.

For the first time in her whole life;

She finally knew terror.


Ponyville

Clouds were starting to come in courtesy of the Pegasi weather patrol in which the schedule today was rain, despite the cloudy weather bearing down on the tiny town, the denizens were still enjoying the cool weather for the moment before the rain came in and poured down on the village, some were rushing to get last minute things on their list before they went home and relaxed with their families or just relax alone.

" So what's coming up for friday's weather?" One pegasus pony asked to her co worker as they were moving another cumulus cloud to the clump that was forming over Ponyville.

" Well..." She stopped as she felt something above her, right above her was a chariot with two royal pegasus guard and knowing what that meant her lower jaw immediately dropped. She nudged her friend and co worker and gestured for her to look up waiting for their beloved princess, but what they saw made them horrified enough to stop flapping their wings as they saw a figure falling and the chariot flying away, as the figure came closer the two pegasus ponies took a peek from inside the clouds as the figure passed.

The only thing they could see was the shawls of the creature passing by, as they went through the grounds and back to the ground below, the figure landed neatly on the ground kneeling down, some ponies came out of their houses to see the figure as it got up slowly. They could see had blue skin and a brown scarf around his lower jaw(His clan's cape in other words) the lower part of his body was gone as the ponies eyes wandered to his claws gracing both his hands and his feet. The creature with his eyes scanned the area to see nothing but a tiny circle of ponies surrounding him, from what he could sense...

Well they were scared, the word he was thinking of was uneasy but that would be the understatement of the day for him, the creature sighed as he crossed his arms and held tapped his feet,

"Three...Two...One."

Authors Notice: Sorry for the long wait, had writers block for this chapter (CURSE IT!!!), well you can take your guess on how was forming at the Changeling hive:) Hope you enjoyed the chapter and don't be afraid to leave a comment.

P.S.: Yes I know the Hylden Lord's name isnt Janos, it is temporary.
((For any LoK mistakes I made, I am sorry let me know what mistakes I made and I will try my best to fix em up))