• Published 30th Jun 2012
  • 3,379 Views, 44 Comments

The Wraith Reborn - Dusk Stalker



Soul Reaver/MLP Fim Crossover, Vampire, Soul, Wraith, Raziel,

  • ...
5
 44
 3,379

Chapter 1: The Wheel Keeps Turning

Authors Notice: Sup everyone this is Dusk Stalker the author of A Devil Hunter Among Ponies(DMC/MLP Crossover), so what we have here now is Soul Reaver Crossover, so for those thinking that I abandoned Dante, I haven't and I assure everyone that the story isn't dead I will go back to it everyone now and then, you have my word, now onward!


What did it mean? Pain...freedom...what rang throughout the Pillars of Balance? What did it truly represent? Why did he not see the true intention of the Sarafan Brotherhood? So many questions but so many hidden answers ran through a vampires mind, but this one particular vampire knew what it meant. His name was Raziel a blue skinned vampire with a brown cloth wrapped around his mouth and huge claws on his feet and hands, was now unconscious, he was once a trusted Lieutenant in Kain's army but now was a Wraith thanks to his leader...out of jealousy and spite Kain ripped his wings when Raziel evolved before his master, to add insult to injury The council which Kain led condemned him to death, making him to what he is today. But now Raziel did the last thing he wanted to do, giving Kain the power to kill his previous master; the Elder God, the ruler of the Material and Spectral Realm.


Knowing Kain succeeded at defeating the Elder God brought some peace to Raziel as he was floating inside the Reaver, but did it truly bring peace to Raziel? He kept pondering in his conscious mind as he was floating, noticing the emptiness of the void. Raziel hated Kain for what he did to him, but somehow was thankful enough to bring a small amount of closure knowing that Kain was the Savour of Nosgoth and Guardian of the Pillars. Raziel could only look back on his feats in a cold manner, the Hylden's death, Moebius the Guardian of Time, Janos. But the one that stuck out the most was his execution and the vampires who did it were his brothers, Turel and Dumah, the very brothers that fought beside him in the Vampire-Hylden War many years ago.


But that was in the past and he didn't like remembering that time, the only thing that mattered was the death of the Elder God and that was that. The only thing that Raziel could do was still be the Anchor of the Soul Reaver and giving his power to fuel the blade, the only fate that was in store for him.

" Raziel..."

Raziel woke up as he got into position as a green blade exited out of his right hand, the Wraith Blade, the spiritual form of the Soul Reaver when it was destroyed, was now bound to Raziel and it was his only companion in his journey despite it being a non sentient blade.

"Raziel..." He heard the voice again shaking it out of his head and concentrating on finding the source of the voice, he turned around to see a small orb of light in front of him, he was ready to strike but set his Wraith Blade aside as he quizzically examined the orb of light.

" I am real Raziel...you have nothing to fear from me." The voice sounded angelic and Raziel could feel warmth spread out through his body.

" Who are you?" Raziel asked, the orb giggled, "you could supposedly say I was one of the first 'soul' in the Reaver."

" Are you from the Spectral Realm?" Raziel questioned the ball of light.

"You could say I am not from Nosgoth or any of the realms."

" Speak clearly spirit, I have no wish to fight or deal with your petty greetings." Raziel said slightly irritated.

"Patience Raziel, all will be answered right now." The orb said, Raziel could only sigh in defeat at this as he crossed his arms and listened intently.

"Now then, I am from Nosgoth but not from any of the realms that are known, I come from a realm above Nosgoth, something the Elder God refused to acknowledge."

" How arrogant of him ." Raziel said, " I should have questioned his motives when he was all to willing to be my ally all to easily."

"I am not an agent of him or Moebius, you can say I am an angel."

" An angel hm?" Raziel could only chuckle at that angels never existed in Spirit form, and the lie this one was telling was that it was definitely from the Spectral Realm. But he pushed that theory out as they were both trapped in the Reaver.

"Yes please believe me I have not come to torment you or punish you for what you have done in the past." The orb said in a reassuring manner.

" Then why have you come? I thought the Reaver never allowed anyone form in unless stolen or taken from their bodies."

" I attached myself to you right when you gave your soul to the Reaver." Raziel could see some logic in that and it was possible for such spirits to do so at will. Raziel could only wonder why this spirit came, he could never see spirits as they were always corrupt and traitorous on the spot, the silence of the void wasn't helping with his concentration either as he finally decided to break the silence with one question, " Why are you here?"

" I am here to give you a second chance at life." Raziel couldn't believe what the spirit said to him, a second chance, why would it be so sudden it giving him a second chance? The weight of the answer was enough for Raziel to doubt he could get a second chance, the only thing making sure of that was the fact that he couldn't die, despite his sacrifice to the Soul Reaver. The orb seemed to think so as it felt the self doubt in Raziel, " I know this may be a giant...revelation, but it is not a jest I came here to lead you to a second chance."

" And what do you want in return? I don't want to serve another master and be used as his little puppet for its own pleasure." Raziel stated, the statement was a blunt as a spiked mace piercing through armor that the orb of light seemed to flinch a bit at the answer, "You don't have to give me anything, I have seen your life fully Raziel. You could never live with what you done."

" I seemed to have done that just fine when I killed Moebius at the Pillars or my brothers in a manner of speaking." Raziel had no regrets when the Sacrifice was happening, and he never regretted that action.

" I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about the betrayal of Dumah and Turel." That hit Raziel right at home, he could never get over that.

"So do you wish to have that second chance?" The orb asked, " I won't leave this place take as much time as you need, but I must give you this warning if you make this choice, their is no going back."

Raziel pondered at the deal, their was something behind it, no matter how well the spirit hid it there was something else behind it. But for this case, it was sudden, " I wish to have the second chance, but one question, who are you really?" The spirit seemed to taken aback from the question as it laughed, " Why I am nothing more then a harmless emissary sent to give you the offer, nothing more." Raziel rolled his eyes at the answer from the spirit as a large door appeared and a bright white light was issuing from the door, Raziel stole one last glance at the spirit as it motioned for him to go ahead as Raziel took his first step through the door wondering what was on the other side, the spirit gave one goodbye, something Raziel never expected to hear.

"Have fun."

As he gave one last gaze towards the spirit, a thought came to him, the wheel would never end....

Unnatural.


Changeling Hive


Dark mountains surrounded the area as it jagged peaks tore through the dark storm clouds as it protected the most prize possession it could ever hold, a tall twisted black hive rose past the horizon as lightning bolts were hitting the surrounding area, from each bolt a black stream was entering the hive or leaving it, up close they were all black with blue eyes and insectoid wings, each one bearing its fangs at this weather and their atmosphere. But one thing managed to stand out of the darkness, a flash of lightning brightened the area to reveal a monstrous figure kneeling on the ground, a little bit fatigued from his trip.

The figure went by many names, but the name that stuck out the most was the Hylden Lord, the once feared warrior of Nosgoth and the stalwart wall that halted Kain's advance in the past. The warriors appearance remained the same since his defeat at the hands of Kain, but the only thing that was broken was his pride and honor; but what did it matter, he could take his revenge he could finish Kain off no matter what, that's what he told himself from his escape from the Demon Realm. The Hylden Lord got up as he checked his surroundings, he expected the gates of Meridian to be in front of him, but the only thing he could see was the dark hive of the changelings. Slamming his fist towards the ground from this revelation was an embarrassment to himself, first it was Kain who defeated him, then him losing the Soul Reaver.

All of that was gone because of Kain....Kain...Kain...Kain..Raziel..Kain..

"KAIN!!!" The Hylden Lord's power was beyond what he could imagine as quakes rocked the whole area of the changelings territory. He could only look down in punishment and anger in his defeat and remembering the intervention of Janos Audron , until he heard buzzing; he looked up to see a small surprise. A whole circle of changelings as far as the eye can see hissing at the Hylden Lord, ready to defend their territory. But he didn't care, the only thing blinding him was his lust for vengeance; he concentrated a small amount of his energy into his hands, what came out of them was something equally surprising.

"It seems I have learned a bit from the Reaver and the one thing it shared with me," two blades came out of his hands, but they weren't just regular blades, but false Soul Reavers, powerful, but still false as the day he tried to wield the true power of the real Soul Reaver. He readied himself for combat as gust of wind brushed past his leg "Is that their is more then one ." A small grin started to appear as the first changeling charged forward.


Everfree Forest

The forest was quiet and dreaded by the public nearby, feared for its unnatural abilities, the plants and clouds moving all on their own, dangerous beast gracing every tree and nook it could find. Howls from each of the beast echoed throughout the foliage and the clearings of the forest. But it was silenced by bright light appearing at the center of one clearing and a figure gliding through, he landed neatly right in front of the portal as he slowly got up. The bright light behind him dimmed down to nothing as Raziel took in his surroundings.

"Alot like the forest near the Pillars." He could smell the dew from the grass radiating off the ground, the howls of the creatures inhabiting this forest were almost welcoming to Raziel. But what he felt deep down inside, this was like a third death to him, it was like his wheel was nothing more then jammed right at the last ends of his life. He saw so much not even the Ancient Vampires could understand, the purity of sight to see what they praise.

That was what he gave Kain, he wasn't his enemy, nor was he ever going to forgive him, but he was always from what he was at the beginning...his right hand.

Suddenly he heard rustling as he summoned the Spirit Reaver a pale blue glow illuminating the clearing," Come out...Now!" Raziel was no stranger to enemies appearing from nowhere, and just striking at the moment when they would was almost a second nature. What came out of the bushes, almost made Raziel tumble back, a zebra with a mohawk came out of the bushes observing Raziel up and down, gold earrings were hanging from her ears and the same with her neck except they were around her neck.

" Be calm my friend in blue, I have not come for you." the zebra spoke up. Raziel was now almost in a state of shock as he dismissed his blade.

"What in the Scion's name?"


Changeling Hive

The Hylden Lord threw the last changeling body off the one of the false Soul Reavers as he observed the battlefield seeing nothing but a near pond of the dead. He looked up towards the hive and continued forward, but suddenly he felt a familiar stab of energy, he turned around towards the dark horizon and took in the energy. The scent was familiar, and it seemed his vengeance would come sooner then expected....the scent of the spawn of...him. As soon as the Hylden Lord was about to head off in the direction of the energy...

" WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY BABIES?!" The voice sent up a large breeze towards the Hylden, he barely looked over his shoulder to see a very angry changeling, but this changeling was very different; her wings were larger then the other's and the horn on her head was jagged and evil, holes graced her legs and the teeth she bore was nothing more then just daggers, her sickish bluish mane seemed to get in the way of her eyes. Her eyes were welled up in a waterfall of tears as anger seemed to seethe from every fiber of her body.

" ANSWER ME WHO ARE YOU!?! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO MY BABIES?!" She was outraged, even beyond that as the Hylden Lord titled his to the side and grinned, raising both Reavers, ready for combat.

" I am your worst nightmare ."


Authors Notice; For any Legacy of Kain fans, I am sorry for some inaccuracy I haven't played the game god knows how long. And I do hope you forgive me for some of the spacing and grammar mistakes. I hope you enjoyed the chapter.

Here is some music for ya from LoK Defiance:
Defiance theme

A note to the Devil Hunter Among Pony Fans, I still haven't forgotten about it, I will not abandon it you have my word.