• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 559 Views, 6 Comments

Daring Do Adventures: Daring Do And The Griffin's Goblet - XombieSlayr



Daring Do along with her friend and colleague,Professor Storm Talon embark on a mysterious journey to find the Griffin's Goblet. An ancient relic that holds the seret to finding a legendary lost city in the sky.

  • ...
 6
 559

Chapter 19: "The Journey Home."

Chapter 19: “The Journey Home.”

Daring and Storm had used some rope from her satchel to tie up CopperBeak. His men had all flown away, once their ship was destroyed and their leader was caught.

Swift Wing had helped them clean up the temple and took a moment to look into the fountain and remember the feeling she had gotten when she had flown. She would never forget it.

Daring had decided to take the Griffin’s Goblet back with her to the university. Not for the museum, but as a memento of Kamara Mista. And the day she had found out her dad was still out there.

“I still can’t believe your dad, went searching for Atlantis!” Swift Wing exclaimed.

Daring chuckled. “Yeah. Leave it to my dad, to set the bar that high on an adventure.”

“So…”

“So what?”

Swift Wing couldn’t hold back her excitement.

“Atlantis, Daring! When are we gonna start looking for Atlantis!”

Daring laughed. “We’ll work on that once we get back. For now, let’s focus on actually getting home.”

“Awesome!....um, how are we getting home?”

Daring turned to Storm Talon. “Storm?”

“Already taken care of, Daring.”

With that the massive shadow of the Storm’s Vengeance, appeared above them. Looking up they saw Sergeant Cloud, smiling and waving at them from the deck.

As Storm boarded the gang plank he was greeted by his men who saluted, cheered and some even hugged their brave captain.

Daring and Swift explored Kamara Mista, taking in its sights, exploring its libraries and stocking up on all the food they could cram into saddlebags.

That night, Storm stayed on the ship planning out their route back to Canterlot, while Daring And Swift Wing spent the night in Kamara Serena, laying down outside and gazing up at the sky. The stars were so close to them, Daring swore she could’ve caught one with her hoof.

Early the next morning, Daring and Swift Wing boarded the Vengeance and it departed the great city. Daring felt a tightness in her chest along with a sense of peace as her and Swift Wing watched the legendary city of Kamara Mista grow smaller and smaller, until it vanished amongst the sea of clouds.

“Kamara Mista. The city built by talons and hooves.” She said softly.

“One lost city down…”

Daring took out her father’s journal, and opened it to the page describing his Atlantis expedition.

“Another lost city to go.”

She smiled and watched the morning sun rise, as the vengeance sailed off towards the horizon.



Then a thought hit her. “Wait…What day is it?”

Swift Wing casually answered . “Uh, Sunday, I think.”

The realization hit Storm and Daring like ice water.

“SPRING BREAK’S OVER!”

They both looked at each other.

“Herpy!”

Canterlot University (Monday Morning, After Spring Break)

Herpy stood at the front of a huge classroom of students, trying his best to form words over his occasional nervous mumbling. Confused stares watched him from every corner of the room, as his mind struggled to cooperate with his brain.

He chuckled nervously, as his legs began to shake and he began to sweat. He couldn’t do anything! He had just wandered into the room and started mumbling nervously as these students had expected their teachers to come through the door. Not a school page. And a sweaty school page at that.

Much to Herpy’s (and the student’s) relief, Daring Do suddenly walked through the door of the classroom with Storm Talon and Swift Wing following in behind.

Storm talon took his place at the front of the classroom.

“Okay! Thank you, Herpy for taking attendance for me, but I think I can handle things from here.” Storm said gratefully, as Daring put a hoof on the extremely relived page’s shoulder and pulled him aside.

“Oh, thank Celestia.” He sighed.

“You alright?”

“Alright? I thought I was gonna die up there! I swear, I don’t know how you professors do it.” Herpy said breathing a sigh of relief.

Then he smiled. “So…did you find it? The Griffin’s Goblet?”

Daring took the small rusted, beat up cup from her satchel and held it up for Herpy.

“Its…smaller then it thought t would be?”

“Yeah, but trust me. It’s special.” Daring said softly.

Herpy sighed again, and then looked quite serious.

“So, tell me! Did you find him? Your father?”

“Well…sort of.”

“Sort of?”

“I’ll explain everything at lunch, but for now I need you to do me a favor.”

Herpy nodded. “Okay, what is it?”

“I need you to find me all the books you can on Atlantis. Oh, and look up a professor named Atlas at the Baulkham University in Fillydeplhpia.”

“Uh, okay, but why?”

Daring smiled slyly.

“Oh, don’t worry about it.”

THE END


To be Continued in Daring Do’s next amazing adventure: Daring Do And The Raiders Of Atlantis.