• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 559 Views, 6 Comments

Daring Do Adventures: Daring Do And The Griffin's Goblet - XombieSlayr



Daring Do along with her friend and colleague,Professor Storm Talon embark on a mysterious journey to find the Griffin's Goblet. An ancient relic that holds the seret to finding a legendary lost city in the sky.

  • ...
 6
 559

Chapter 18: "The Journal."

Chapter 18: “The Journal.”

Meanwhile back on the ground, Daring Do was fonding over her father’s jacket. It was the only thing of his she’d seen since he disappeared all those years ago. She held it out so it would dry in the sun.

That’s when a small leather bound notebook fell out of one of the pockets.

Daring quickly retrieved it from the ground and looked it over. On the cover was a frayed and worn emblem of the Do family crest, and below it the family’s motto. (Do or Die. That’s The Adventurer’s Way.)

It’s pages were bloated with several out of place bookmarks and sticky notes, and the inside of it was no easier to read then hieroglyphics (as some pages were literally written in hieroglyphics.)

But as Daring carefully peeled through the pages of the worn journal, she came across several pages that described in great detail, expeditions and adventures that her father had gone on, over the years.

She saw several pages that seemed to categorize themselves on certain expeditions. She saw one page with the title Atlantis. Scrawled across the top and underlined twice.

Atlantis!? The Atlantis? Had Daring’s father really gone after the most famous lost city in history? Beyond this, the date scrawled underneath stood out the most to her.

It was written exactly one week after he had disappeared!

Daring’s heart was beating faster by the minute as she looked over her father’s notes on his Atlantis Expedition.

Day 1: Baulkham State University, Fillydelphia (Atlantis Expedition)

My first week away from Darla and the girls hasn’t been easy. But it’ll all be worth it once I find Atlantis. A discovery like this, will support our whole family for generations! The Do name will be legendary, once again. And my darling Daring and Darlene will have a father they can look up to.

Right now I’m waiting to meet with Professor Atlas, an old friend of mine from my earlier adventure days.

She’s reported several articles on Atlantis and she even claims to have an artifact that came directly from the city itself! She’s my ticket to finding the city, I just know it!

I’ll only be gone for a little while longer. I look forward to the day I can return home to them with the discovery of a lifetime under my belt.

Wait for me, Daring. Take care of your little sister and mother. Daddy will be home soon.

-Daren Do, Oct. 6th, 781

Tears welled up in Daring’s eyes as she finished reading. She could almost hear her father read the words to her as she looked at the page.

Daddy will be home soon.

“So where are you dad?” Daring asked herself softly.

“…Where are you?”

“Daring?”

Daring turned to see Storm Talon, bruised and scratched up. But still okay.

“Storm.”

“I’m Fine, Daring. Believe me, I’ve take a lot worse.”

His eyes found Daring’s hooves clutching the jacket.

“Daring! I-Is that-“

“He was here storm. My dad’s alive, and he’s out there somewhere.”

“Dear Celestia.”

“He left this in the pocket too.”

Daring showed him the journal. He took it gently in his talons, and scanned its pages.

“What?...why this. This is-“

“Looks like we got another adventure, after this one!” Daring said cheerfully.

Storm was speechless, as his eyes grew wider.

Then he smiled. Atlantis. How very like you, Daren. Your daughter’s just as stubborn and bright eyed as you. You must be so proud of her. He thought wistfully.

He glanced around. “Where’s Ms. Wing?”

“Oh she’s flying around the city, fighting CopperBeak.”

Oh.”

….

“WAIT, WHAT!?”

Back up in the skies, Swift Wing and CopperBeak circled around The Rising Thunder, skimming the clouds as CopperBeak’s men swarmed the deck, many either confused or just wanting to see what’s going on.

Copper was unable to keep up with Swift Wing’s speed, nor her immeasurable flying skill. The goblet had given her the power, but it was her spirit that allowed her to wield it so perfectly.

Even if he and his men had drank from the goblet, they still wouldn’t be able to fly like that. Not even close.

This fact only enraged Copper even further. He was losing to a pony who couldn’t even fly. No…he was losing to a pony, period.

“ALL CANNONS, FIRE AT THE EARTH PONY! BLAST HER OUT OF THE SKY!”

Swift Wing stopped and looked down at the hail of cannon fire hurtling at her.

“Really? You couldn’t play fair, for even a minute?” She asked.

She effortlessly dodged every single shot, and the winds swirling around her sent several flying back towards the ship, where they exploded through its hull, scattering debris through the air.

As more shots fired at her, the more were sent back towards the ship by the massive swirling winds that shielded her. The ship was taking more and more damage by the second, as many griffins began to fly off.

“Where are you going!? YOU COWARDS!” Copper shouted after them.

The ship had been completely abandoned as it struggled to stay in the air.

The ship began to lean towards the right as smoke poured from the holes in its hull. A propeller that had been hit directly and began to grate and screech as it came undone and flew into one of the engines.

The engine exploded as a chain reaction caused the whole ship to explode in a massive fireball that sent Swift Wing and Copper flying backwards.

Flaming debris rained down around the golden backdrop of Kamara Mista as the smoldering remains of the Rising Thunder plunged beneath the sea of clouds, and vanished from sight.

Swift Wing managed to spin her body around before she hit the stone street of the city, Skittering to a clean halt.

CopperBeak however wasn’t so lucky. He was sent flying through the window of a large tower, down to the temple where he hit the top of the doorway, and landed in a heap on the temple steps.

Daring and Storm ran up to him. He was knocked out cold.

Daring smiled. “Welp, looks like Swift showed him!”

Storm looked down at Copper. “How far you’ve fallen, my old friend.” He said solemnly.

“Literally.” Daring Joked.

Swift Wing landed in the temple court yard, and collapsed, breathing heavily. But smiling.

Daring wrapped her in a tight hug as she smiled with delight.

“You did it! You beat him, Swift!”

“Heh. I did?”

“And you flew!”

“Yeah. I flew.” She said softly, still out of breath.

Daring looked concerned. “You alright?”

“It’s all gone. I can feel it. I can’t fly anymore.”

“What?? Of course you can! All you have to do is drink from the goblet again-

“That won’t work, Daring.” Storm explained.

“Didn’t you see the fountain? How little water it was producing?”

Daring looked at Storm.

“Kamara Mista is ancient. It’s magic is on its last legs. There isn’t enough magic in the water anymore to allow her to gain that level of power again.”

Daring looked concerned. “But-“

“Daring…It’s okay.”

“But...Swift. Your dream.”

Swift Wing smiled with tears running down her face. “I flew. I flew, Daring!”

Her face lit up. “Whether it was for a few minutes or a few seconds, it doesn’t matter! I FLEW!”

“That was all I ever wanted. And I will, never forget it.”

Daring looked at her for a minute. Then smiled. Swift Wing had flown. Not only that but she had flown better than any other pony in Equestria could’ve. And she stopped CopperBeak, all on her own.

Swift Wing smiled at her. “Not bad for a crazy earth pony, huh?”

Daring shrugged. “Eh. You did alright.”

They laughed as they hugged one another.