• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 566 Views, 6 Comments

Daring Do Adventures: Daring Do And The Griffin's Goblet - XombieSlayr



Daring Do along with her friend and colleague,Professor Storm Talon embark on a mysterious journey to find the Griffin's Goblet. An ancient relic that holds the seret to finding a legendary lost city in the sky.

  • ...
 6
 566

Chapter 17: "Flight Beyond Flight."

Chapter 17: “Flight Beyond Flight.”

A large griffin hit the wall as his buddy had been caught in a head lock by Daring Do. Swift Wing ducked under one’s attempt to grab at her mane, spun around then landed a hard buck to the griffin’s backside sending him flying into the wall.

Daring and Swift Wing had been largely outnumbered by at least 47 Griffin soldiers. But the griffins were ones at the disadvantage in this fight. The two ponies had barely broken a sweat as they took down griffin after griffin with nothing but their bare hooves.

But the real fight was happening above them, as CopperBeak and Storm Talon fought in a fierce griffin vs griffin battle. CopperBeak had proven he was a very strong fighter, and Storm had been overwhelmed at times. But he kept at it, as the two collided into the wall, and fell to the floor.

Daring slugged a soilder in the beak as she turned to see the two griffins getting up off the floor. She had to get the goblet before Copper did!

She lept into the pool and began frantically searching for the rusted goblet.

“You won’t take this away from me, pony!”

CopperBeak was now speeding towards her, talons outstretched.

She found the goblet near the right side of the fountain, clutched it in her mouth, spread her wings, then soared out of the fountain, just as Copper made a grab for her tail.

Daring sped through the air as fast as her wings could flap, but Copper was in hot pursuit. She ducked under a beam and swerved around several pillars as the griffin was gaining up on her.

He closed the distance and made one final grab for her, before he was tackled out of the air by Storm Talon.

“Storm!”

“Don’t worry about me! Get rid of that thing, before he has chance to use it!”

Daring nodded and removed the goblet from her mouth, spitting out the nasty taste of rust along with it.

She searched around the room for a spot she could hide the goblet. Then she looked up and saw the huge gold goblet the griffin statue was holding.

She clutched the goblet, pulled back her arm then threw the goblet will all her strength. It soared up and dropped into the water filled golden basin with a splash.

“YOU MEDDLESOME LITTLE INSECT!!” CopperBeak bellowed.

Daring looked back to see Copper snarling at her as Storm had him restrained from under his wings. But the griffin broke free and proceeded to fly after Daring again.

But this time Storm grabbed him by his back legs and hurled him into the far wall, where he slid to the floor knocked out.

“Yeah! Nice job Storm!”

“What are you waiting for?! Get that goblet before he wakes up!”

“Oh!...right!”

Daring soared up to the huge golden basin that the statue held and saw the goblet teetering on the edge of it. But then she saw something else. Something that made her chest tighten and her breath catch in her throat.

It was her dad’s jacket.

It lay on the side, half submerged in water. But there was no mistaking it. A thick brown leather jacket, with the family motto inscribed on a patch on the front of it. “Do or Die. That’s the Adventurer’s Way.”

She hovered in the air frozen. She stared at the beat up jacket with more wonder then any treasure she’d ever seen. Her father’s jacket! He had been here!

She quickly retrieved the jacket from its place and looked it over. It was too big for her, obviously. Her father had always been a fairly strong and burly Pegasus after all. There was dirt on the patch that bore the family crest. She lovingly wiped it off and smiled looking down at it.

She hadn’t found her dad. But she didn’t care. This jacket proved he had been here. That he was still alive out there, somewhere. And that was all she needed.

Daring gently tucked the jacket under her wing, grabbed the goblet then turned around, to come face to face with CopperBeak.

“Give me the goblet. Now.” He growled menacingly, his eyes narrowed to slits.

But Daring stood her ground. With her father’s jacket under her wing, she found she had enough courage to smile and say “Make me.”

“RRRRAAGGHHHHHH!!” Copper yelled furiously, as he dove at Daring.

“Swift, get the goblet!”

Daring hurled the goblet into the fountain below, as her friend turned to see it just in time.

Swift Wing leaped into the fountain, found the goblet, and held it up.

“I got it!”

Daring slugged Copper across the beak as she flew to his side and delivered a heavy kick to his side. He howled, but not in pain. She was just making him angrier.

“DRINK IT!”

“What!? I don’t have wings, Daring!”

“You don’t need to! DRINK!”

Swift wing looked down at the goblet. The small rusted thing gave off a strange aura, as the sparkling incandescent water shined within it.

Swift Wing took a deep breath, then tilted the goblet back to her mouth, downing every drop of the water within.

Suddenly a massive gust of air blasted through the temple, as the winds began to circle around Swift Wing. She covered her face, until she was lifted into the air.

She floated as huge arcs of golden energy crackled over her body and she began to glow with a bright yellow aura, enveloping the whole room in a yellow glow.

The energy converged to her hooves, swirling around each individual hoof like mini sparking tornadoes.

Swift Wing’s eyes lit up as she struggled to speak from her excitement.

Her grin covered her whole face as she said softly “I’m…flying.”

She looked at Daring. “I’m, Flying!”

Daring nodded and smiled.

Swift Wing soared upwards and shouted at the top of her lungs.

“I’M FLYING!!!!”

She took off through the temple at unbelievable speeds, ducking and weaving around pillars and beams as the wind itself seemed to carry her effortlessly through the temple. Swift Wing had never been more happy in her entire life. Tears ran down her face as she did a few backflips through the air.

She landed back on the ground, touching the ground with the softest step as the wind swirled gently around her, as if it was protecting her.

She wiped the tears from her face, but she kept crying as she began to sob now, in spite of herself.

“I can fly…” She sobbed.

Daring smiled broadly at her, as CopperBeak who had been watching in awe, flew into a rage.

“NOOOOO!!!”

He dove towards Swift Wing at full speed, and clutched a talon around her neck.

But he grabbed air as Swift Wing vanished right in front of him, leaving behind a wind gust that sent Copper flying back where he slammed into a wall.

He recovered and looked back, dumbfounded. “W-what? How?”

“Up here, birdbrain!”

He looked up to see Swift Wing looking down at him, arms crossed and a sly grin on her face. She was floating in the air, but in a way where it looked like she didn’t need to use any effort at all. As if flying was easier then breathing to her.

Copper shouted as he soared up towards her, but he smashed into the ceiling as Swift had vanished once again. Chunks of marble hit the floor as the ceiling cracked from his impact.

“Let’s take this outside shall we?” Swift Wing called from the entrance. She flew out the temple doors, with CopperBeak in hot pursuit.

Daring was amazed. Not even she could keep track of how fast Swift Wing had flown. And she did it so gracefully and flawlessly. Daring had never seen any pony fly like this.

“Flight beyond flight.”

She smiled as she flew outside and took a seat on the temple steps to watch the action.

Swift Wing blasted across the skies at such speeds that the clouds whipped forward to keep up with her. CopperBeak struggled to keep up the chase, as she skated gracefully around corners of the horizon.

She flew down to the city and began to weave through the buildings, with CopperBeak now searching in around trying to keep track of her. She moved too fast for him to see.

He felt a hoof tap him on the shoulder. “Giving up already? We were just getting started.”

He whipped around and slashed a claw at her, but Swift Wing disappeared again, just as quickly as before.

“Missed me!”

He slashed at her again.

“Try again!”

He slashed at her again and again, but Swift Wing danced around each strike with unparalleled grace.

She soared high into the air and causally side stepped a tackle attempt from CopperBeak.

Looking out at the outskirts of Kamara Mista, Swift Wing suddenly spotted the Rising Thunder, parked at one of the floating islands. She smiled as a fun idea crossed her mind.

“Hey fly-boy!”

CopperBeak looked up at her, in spite of himself.

She smiled cheerfully. “Catch me if you can!”

She took off towards the Rising Thunder with an enraged CopperBeak chasing after her.