• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 566 Views, 6 Comments

Daring Do Adventures: Daring Do And The Griffin's Goblet - XombieSlayr



Daring Do along with her friend and colleague,Professor Storm Talon embark on a mysterious journey to find the Griffin's Goblet. An ancient relic that holds the seret to finding a legendary lost city in the sky.

  • ...
 6
 566

Chapter 13: "Race to Kamara Mista."

Chapter 13: “Race to Kamara Mista.”

The Storm’s Vengeance was in hot pursuit of The Rising Thunder. Daring Do stood on deck as the ship followed the massive warship through the evening sky. Where they were heading, she had no idea ,but she knew where they were going to end up.

CopperBeak must’ve discovered the secret to using the goblet to find Kamara Mista, and he had tried to slow the Vengeance down with cannon fire before taking off to find it.

Swift Wing had come up to the deck, shortly after Storm wheeled it around to avoid the Thunder’s cannons. She sat on deck with Daring as they watched the warship sail quietly in front of them.

“Do you think they know were following them?”

Daring looked back. “I don’t think so. If they did, I can’t imagine why they haven’t tried to shoot us out of the air yet.”

“Copper has what he wants now. He doesn’t care that were following him. He probably plans to deal with us when we reach Kamara Mista.” Storm said, still gripping the ship’s wheel.

“And…we have a plan for when that happens, right?”

“Working on it.”

Daring sighed. “Great.”

The Vengeance followed the Thunder through the clouds, as the sun began to set on the horizon. Daring and swift talked with one another, as Storm struggled to keep his eyes open.

"So, how much longer do you think we'll be following this guy?"

Daring took off her helmet and set it down as she smoothed her grey and black mane. "Not sure. However long it takes him to find the city, I guess."

Swift laughed. "We'll if that's the case, then were never gonna get there. He had to get you to find the goblet for him, cause he was too lazy to do it himself! I'm pretty sure he couldn't hope to find the actual city on his own."

Daring and Swift both laughed, as they leaned over the deck looking out at the evening sky.

Meanwhile, Storm was still a little woozy from the blow to the head he’d received. Still he stayed vigilant, watching the Thunder maneuver through the clouds, with the vengeance following the same path.

Swift looked back at him. "Is he sure he should be up and around like that? That's a pretty big mark on his head."

Daring smiled. "Trust me, it'll take more than that to put Captain Storm Talon out of commission."

She looked back at the old griffin, watching his steely gaze that was fixated on the warship in front of them.

"Actually, I'm pretty sure he's more upset that he let himself get jumped, than that huge welt on his head."

"Or any brain damage he might have gotten from it." Swift whispered.

" I heard that!"

They laughed again ,turning their attention back to the sky.

An hour passed before something suddenly occurred to Storm. How far had they sailed? He looked around and saw that they were no longer above an ocean of water, but were now sailing across a sea of clouds. Great wisps of white, swirled around the ship as they maneuvered through it. There was no visible earth anywhere!

Storm suddenly looked alarmed. They hadn’t gone any higher. Why were all these clouds gathered in one spot?
He looked back to the thunder to see a surprising sight. The ship had halted all of its engines ,and now simply hovered there in the sky!

Storm pulled the ship's break,halting the ships own engines,letting the propellers keep them in the air. The ship stopped just behind the Thunder.

Daring was nearly knocked over the edge of the deck by the sudden stop. "Hey! Storm what's-

She stopped as she too spotted the warship, hovering like a ghost above a cloud ocean.

“Um, Storm? Why did they stop?”

“I wish I had an answer for you, Daring. This must be some sort of trick to distract us. Copper may attack us sooner than we anticipated!”

They all looked back, but still the warship showed no sign of prepping an attack, sending an envoy or anything. It was eerily quiet.

Swift Wing looked over the balcony and gasped. "What? W-where did all these clouds come from?"

Daring spread her wings and flew up to the crow's nest. She looked out and saw nothing but white around them. "T-There's no land! There isn't any landmass anywhere!" She called down to Storm and Swift. "It's just a sea of clouds!"

Swift Wing continued to look over the deck, awestruck.

"Nothing but clouds, all the way down."

One more minute of silence passed, before a loud rumble suddenly caught everyone’s ears. It seemed to be coming from beneath them, and it was getting louder by the second.

“What’s going on?” Swift wing called over the ever growing intensity of the rumbling noise.

Storm began to lose his grip on the wheel. “I don’t know! But whatever it is, I think it’s just starting! Brace Yourselves!”

The rumbling had grown so loud now that Daring and Swift wing had to cover their ears, as the whole ship was now shaking like it was having its own earthquake.

Swift grabbed onto a nearby post and held on tightly.

Storm tied a lifeline around the wheel.

"DARING! GET DOWN HERE, NOW!"

Unfortunately, Daring didn't have time to react to Storm's order.

Underneath them, the earth itself exploded as a ridiculously huge geyser of water suddenly shot up from below the cloud sea and propelled both them and the Rising Thunder skyward, at such speeds it knocked all of them senseless.

But Daring took it the worst. She was completely pinned to the floor as the intense air pressure hit her on all sides. She had been 15 feet above the deck, inside a dinky crows nest at the highest point of the ship, when the ship had been shot into the atmosphere.

Needless to say, she wasn't feeling too great right now.

Daring struggled to open her eyes as the earth grew smaller beneath them, the ship rising higher and higher into the air. She struggled to catch her breath as the intense pressure was nearly squeezing the life out of her.

The wind rushed at hurricane level speeds around her ears, as Daring tried in vain to stand up. She could feel the air grow colder as they were launched higher still into the atmosphere.

Then, all at once. It stopped.

Everything stopped.

Time stopped.

And in front of them was Kamara Mista.