• Published 9th Nov 2016
  • 566 Views, 6 Comments

Daring Do Adventures: Daring Do And The Griffin's Goblet - XombieSlayr



Daring Do along with her friend and colleague,Professor Storm Talon embark on a mysterious journey to find the Griffin's Goblet. An ancient relic that holds the seret to finding a legendary lost city in the sky.

  • ...
 6
 566

Chapter 12: "The Spy."

Chapter 12: “The Spy.”

That’s the Griffin’s Goblet??”

Storm looked just as surprised as Swift Wing. “It’s certainly…smaller than I would’ve expected.”

“And cruddier.”

Daring Do had returned from the Shaman’s Temple to the Storm’s Vengeance, with the Griffin’s Goblet in her saddlebag. She had been excited to show Storm and Swift the Griffin’s Goblet, but she had expected their reactions to be a little…underwhelmed.

Daring smiled and shrugged. “Y’know, it’s a little worse for wear, but if it can get us to Kamara Mista, then I can accept a few scratches here and there.” Daring held the goblet up so they could get a better look at it.

It was a beaten up, cracked old thing. The very last thing anyone would expect to be the mystical artifact that would lead the pony who found it to Kamara Mista, and allow them to receive the gift of true flight.

But that’s exactly what the shaman had knew. Which is why only the truly worthy would be able to even get the goblet, let alone use it.
And Daring had proved that she was truly worthy.

Swift Wing tilted her head to the side ,eyeballing the goblet. “So…how do we use it to find the city?” She asked curiously.

“That’s…a good question.”

Storm thought back to the legend of Kamara Mista. “This goblet shall leave its place and descend to the surface. When it is met with the gift of a griffin ,the city shall be found again.”

“Hmm. The gift of a griffin.”

“What’s the gift of a griffin?” Daring asked.

“I wish I knew. It must pertain to something simple, that any griffin could do.”

They all thought for a moment, but no one came up with anything. Storm decided to retire to his quarters to better study the goblet and see if he can find some hidden meaning to the legend’s instruction.

In the meantime, Daring and Swift were starving, so they went down to the kitchen to get some late lunch.

Swift Wing of course fixed herself another sandwich, while Daring made herself a fruit salad. They talked while they ate.

“So you really got to meet the shaman from the story??” Swift Wing asked excitedly. She had been particularly interested in hearing about it since Daring had told her and storm.

“Yep. Had the whole mystical master of meditation thing, and everything.”

Swift took a bite of her sandwich. “Howdah eck washe still aluve?

“Huh?

She swallowed. “How the heck was he still alive?”

Daring chuckled. “He said he had used some magic spell that allowed him to live for as long as the goblet was there. A thought crossed her mind. “Which means, when I took it…he…”

“Hey. He had to have been there a really long time. Plus we needed the goblet to find Kamara Mista. I’m sure he’s better off now. He doesn’t have to worry about guarding that ugly thing anymore.”

Daring thought for a moment. Swift was probably right. He had been guarding that thing for centuries. He had to have wanted to move on. “In the end, he had chosen me to return the goblet to its home.”

“And that’s exactly what were gonna do. He’d be proud to know the goblet is in good hooves.”

Daring smiled. “Thanks Swift.”

“Your welcome.”

Suddenly alarms began ringing all over the ship as the red light in the kitchen strobed.

“Augh! Can’t we have one friendly moment, without someone attacking us?”

A sailor opened the doors of the kitchen. “Ms. Do! You must come with me at once!”

“What’s wrong?”

“It’s the captain! He’s been knocked out cold, and the goblet’s been stolen!”

“What!?”

Daring Do, Swift Wing and the Sailor raced to Storm’s quarters to see it wrecked from the result of a fierce struggle. Storm talon lay unconscious on the floor next to his desk, with a rather large welt on his forehead.

“Storm! Are you alright?”

He came to, rubbing his throbbing head and cursing himself.

“Coward. Hit me from behind when I wasn’t looking. I should’ve kept my guard up.”

Daring narrowed her eyes. “Who did this?”

“I didn’t see them. But there’s only one way out of my quarters, besides the cabin door. They must’ve used my escape hatch to the deck. Get a move on Daring! You can still catch them!”

“Don’t worry Storm. They’re not making it off this ship.”

Daring raced to the deck of the Vengeance to see a dark figure standing over the gangplank, waiting.

“Hold it right there! You’re not going anywhere!” Daring yelled out at them, over the sound of the ship’s propellers.

They turned for Daring to see that she knew exactly who this thief was.

It was Sky Call’s replacement, Sharp Talon. The sailor from the communications hub.

“You?? So you’re the Spy!”

He chuckled. “Surprised?”

“No, not really. I mean it makes sense that a spy would be hiding out in the communications hub.”

“Which would allow him to alert the Rising Thunder of your ship’s location?”

“That was you, too??”

He sighed. “It seems you aren’t as clever as I had you pegged, Ms. Do. So much for an award winning professor.”

Daring narrowed her eyes. “Enough of this. You’re coming with me, and you’re going to give us back the goblet.” She said menacingly.

“Or else what?”

“Or else, I’ll make you.”

He pretended to think for a moment. “Hmm. I think I’ll choose…neither.”

Suddenly, The Rising Thunder, in all its terrible glory ascended up from the clouds beside the Vengeance, making the whole ship rock unnervingly. Daring covered her eyes from the gale force winds being produced from the warship’s propellers, as Sharp Talon waved at her, before he took to the skies and landed on deck of the warship. Daring uncovered her eyes to see the warship start to turn as its cannons suddenly opened up all over its hull. And turned their sights on the Vengeance.

“Oh, Come On, that’s cheating!”

Daring yelped as she was suddenly knocked to the ground by the force of the entire ship suddenly jerking back to avoid the cannon fire.
She looked up to see Storm Talon at the ship’s wheel.

“Storm!”

“Hang on Daring! We’re not out of this fight yet!” He grabbed the wheel and turned it all the way to the right, making the ship spin on its tail end to face the Rising Thunder, which had now taken off across the horizon.

Storm pulled a lever next to him and Daring could hear the ship’s engines groan as they powered up. Storm hit a switch and the whole ship suddenly rocketed off, in pursuit of the Rising Thunder.