• Published 18th Dec 2016
  • 790 Views, 26 Comments

War Pony - CreeperZone



The Great War between the three pony races, a war over food. A tale about starvation, racism and violence in a frozen over landscape that was formally the original pony civilization.

  • ...
1
 26
 790

Author's Note

And dear reader, that is the story behind the one we all know.

Hopeful has become a pretty important pony over the last few months, after Celestia and Luna were proven to both be in line for royalty, being the daughters of Aurora Sunshine and Midnight Eclipse (Aurora, which I was lead to believe was an Earth pony up until Hopeful had explained to me everything). Now Hopeful is a very well respected negotiator and leader of this brave new world we are watching unfold. And I do hope that this biography will allow more ponies to understand why this brilliant stallion is how he is. I'm personally ecstatic to be able to call myself his friend.

I would like to thank Hopeful in helping me to write his autobiography. It took a long time to get all of his story onto paper, so I thank him for the hours of patience he had. I would also like to thank Wicker for giving me the idea of writing this. I used the notes she was writing for her own novel about Hopeful, back when she was still with us. They were really the core of this book. But most of all, I thank the countless soldiers who gave their lives to protect others. The bravery of my fellow stallions and mares saved my life countless times during the war, and my gratitude lies with them eternally.

And, to the rest of the world, let us learn from our mistakes, and let the fear that drove us away bring us closer in the future in hopes of ridding ourselves of evil. We are all of the same blood. Wing, horn or hoof, we are all brothers and sisters regardless.

I will leave you with a photograph of my old regiment that was thankfully recovered from the war.

Thank you for reading,
Spring Step

Comments ( 3 )

I would like to thank everybody who has read and loved this passion project of mine, it took two whole years but it is finally complete.

If you enjoyed this story and still want more, do not worry. I am currently writing nearly a dozen stories based in the same world. Two of those being sequels to War Pony, one following the ponies of Lunar Stargaze and Silk, and the other a story following Celestia and Luna as they become princesses. So if you enjoy my writing I urge you to follow me on here so you can get notified when new stories are being posted.

Thank you all for two amazing years, love,
Cz.

That was a very sudden end. It was good but I was not expecting to finish so soon.

9316924
This was the ending I've had in mind since begging, I know you've only recently began reading so it may seem very quick to you but it did take two years and there really is nothing past this point that can be covered in the same book. Thank you for commenting so much, I love reading them.

There will be more War Pony content in the form of a side story and a direct followup as I follow the not-yet-alicorn sisters. So I hope you'll enjoy those.

Thank you for reading and commenting,
Cz.

Login or register to comment