• Published 5th Nov 2016
  • 257 Views, 0 Comments

Vex Ether's Curse - Vex Ether



Vex Ether, a young white stallion, has succumbed to an evil curse that he is unaware of. Will this stallion be able to break this curse, or will he fall into insanity?

  • ...
 0
 257

How Vex and Aqua Met

As Vex Ether and Aqua Heart sat at the table, they were both lost in thought, reminiscing how they first met.
___

Vex, attempting to save ponies from the fires, was covered in ash, blood, and sweat. Houses were burning down, ash and smoke billowing up in the air as they crumbled. Panic stricken ponies were running wild down the streets, bumping into one another as they tried to escape the burning town. Vex was on the verge of tears from the smoke stinging his eyes, yet he paid little attention to them as he ran from house to house, rescuing one pony at a time.

As he came to yet another house, he heard an ear shattering scream come from inside. He immediately took to action, ramming through the door as he entered the house. Using his magic to protect himself from the fire, he traversed through the rubble of the building as he attempted to find the area he thought he heard the scream come from. What he saw next shocked him to the very core.

Vex was no stranger to the sight of blood. He had been in countless fights back in his old town, always ending up with either him or the other in the hospital. What lied before him now, however, sickened him. A pony was stricken by a support beam that fell on top of him, caving in his skull. His brain was visible too. Blood was splattered across the floor around the poor soul, clearly from the fatal injury the pony took.

Vex then noticed a Pegasus trying to save the pony, risking her own life even though she knew he was no more. He quickly ran to her side, expanding his magic shield to protect the blue pony he saw so desperately trying to lift the beam off of the deceased pony. He could tell that this pony was possibly a friend or family member to this poor mare.

The blue Pegasus turned to Vex as she noticed the red magic aura surrounding her. He plastered an understanding sad expression on his face, not knowing what to say to try and comfort her. The blue mare, whom had been trying to hold back tears, suddenly lurched forward, hugging Vex and sobbing loudly. Realizing that the house was about to collapse, He teleported the two of them outside.

They both popped back into existence about one hundred yards from the town. Vex sat down on the grass, letting the blue Pegasus cry on his chest. Seeing her cry tore him apart. "I'm sorry for your loss," He said, but he immediately regretted saying that as the sobs grew louder. Deciding not to say anything to upset her any further, he let her continue crying.

After a few painstakingly long moments, the mare's crying died down into soft sobs and hiccups. "Are you okay now?" Vex tried.

"I-I hic think so," the Pegasus responded.

Vex sighed in relief. "I need you to get to safety. It's far too dangerous for you. Too many ponies have already lost their lives from this terrible catastrophe, and I don't want to have another ponies death on my conscience."

"But I want to help!" the blue mare yelled. "I don't want to be just another bystander again, not after last time..." she trailed off.

Vex sighed, not wanting to start an argument. "If that is what you wish. But please be careful. The name's Vex Ether by the way."

"Aqua Heart," she replied.

For some odd reason, Vex' heart fluttered when she told him her name. It was a strange, yet relaxing feeling. He pushed that aside, however, as there were more important matters to tend to. The ponies needed his help, and he wasn't going to sit idly by and do nothing about it.

***

Vex headed back into town, but not without a newfound companion by his side. Aqua Heart flew a few feet above the ground next to him.

Author's Note:

Still having trouble with writers block. Any help in continuing the story would be greatly appreciated. I think I fried my brain at some point this past week, 'cause I got nothing good coming to my head.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment