• Published 5th Nov 2016
  • 1,357 Views, 34 Comments

Fallen Equestria - Kickass222urmom



Set in the Alternate Dimension with the war between Equestria and Sombra, three strangers from two different worlds are thrown into the middle the whole mess. (Dark souls, Bloodborne, MLP crossover.)

  • ...
8
 34
 1,357

Round two

Chapter 5

"Persistent, isn't she?" Loric said over his shoulder, his surprised expression changing to an excited one.

Wyntir just pushed Kara back behind the building they'd just rounded and stepped up next to Loric, his large sword at the ready. "Kill them as quickly as possible, lets just hope those other four aren't as good as her."

Loric gave a nod as he dropped into a fighting stance as well. The rainbow maned pony let out an almost mocking laugh as she looked them over.

"I'll be honest with you two, you both put up more of a fight than anyone else I've ever faced," she slowly lowered herself into a crouching position. "But, you both also suck in comparison to me." She then launched herself forward, followed by the other two winged ponies of the group, and zoomed straight at the pair of biped warriors.

Wyntir began to move to attack them as they charged, but he suddenly found himself rooted to the spot. Upon looking down, he saw what appeared to be glowing, transparent tendrils wrapped around his feet, holding him in place. Where had those come from?

He didn't have time to think about this, as the rainbow maned pony was already upon him. He brought up his sword and deflected her first pass, her metal clad hooves bouncing off of his blade.

"Loric, I'm stuck!" Wyntir shouted out as he twisted his body to follow the mare as she began to come around for a second attack.

"Yeah, same here!" Loric yelled in response. He too was being held in place by glowing tendrils, and he was busy fending off the other two ponies.

As he watched the mare come towards him, something slammed into his back and sent him awkwardly to the ground. With his feet being held in place, he was unable to get into a better position to defend himself. So the pony who had rammed him landed on top of him and began to rear up and slam its hooves into his chest. He grunted loudly with each hit, and let go of his sword in favor of trying to fight the pony off with his bare hands.

"That's it, Thunderlane!" the mare cheered as she landed next to the two struggling forms.

Seeing the mare about to join the struggle, Wyntir stopped trying to stop the pony on top of him from slamming its hooves into his chest, and instead forced himself to painfully roll his upper body out of the way. As the pony slammed its hooves into the ground, Wyntir quickly shifted his body and latched onto the ponies legs as it tried to regain its composure.

Just as he began to get the upper hand, the mare suddenly bucked him in the head, denting his helmet, somehow. The amazing force of the kick caused Wyntir's vision to darken for a moment, but he forced himself to not lose control of his senses. He pulled the pony in his grasp downward, causing it to fall onto the ground next to him.

Yet another buck from the mare sent him reeling, his helmet's left side even more dented, with the left side caved in just enough to effectively blind his left eye. This didn't stop him as he rolled over onto the downed pony in a very awkward position, and wrapped his arms around its neck.

The pony began to panic and started to try and pull away from Wyntir, but he held tight. Which caused a lot of strain and pressure on his feet, which were still held in the same spot they'd been since the beginning of the fight. The mare jumped onto his back and wrapped her legs around his neck also, as if mimicking his actions. Luckily, the position of his helmet was keeping her from getting a solid hold on him, and preventing her from getting access to his neck.

"Let him go, bastard!" the mare screamed, obviously very angry.

As if to answer her, a loud disgusting crackling sound rang out as Wyntir jerked his arms to the sides. She seemed to lessen her hold on him as he let go of the twitching body in his grasp, letting it slump down beside him. But her grip suddenly tightened again as a scream of pure rage came from the mare as she seemed to try and rip his head off of his shoulders.

Wyntir's eyes bulged as his helmet suddenly gave way under her mighty legs and she began to apply a great amount of pressure directly to his throat. In a panic, he began to try and claw at her face over his shoulder, but she didn't let up. His vision began to blur as he slowly suffocated. Hot tears seemed to be dripping onto his back as the mare began to yell at him.

"Just die already!" she screamed.

Just as he began to slip, he heard a distant explosion and the sudden yelp of pain from the mare. She quickly let go of him and took to the sky, a small trail of blood leaking out of her armor just above her back right hip.

Wyntir began to cough and gag as he began to try and rip his now ruined helmet off of his head. He had to forcibly pry the bottom of the helmet away from his throat before he could fully take in air. With a grunt, he pulled off his helmet and threw it to the side, having no use for it in its current state.

"Thank me later," Loric called out as he wrestle with the pony that was on top of him, his pistol laying on the ground next to him.

In one quick motion, Wyntir drew one of his knives and launched it straight at the pony atop Loric. Too busy dealing with Loric, the pony didn't notice the knife flying towards it. The blade seemed to seek out the open gap between the ponies helmet and chest guard as it sank into its neck. The pony stopped fighting against Loric instantly and began to grab at its throat, trying to get at the knife. But Loric didn't give him a chance, as he reached up and gripped the knife in his hand and began to jerk it around, sending blood cascading down on him as the pony let out a scream that slowly degraded into gurgles.

With the pony now dead, Loric threw it off of him and clumsily climbed to his feet, followed by Wyntir.

The rainbow maned pony landed between them, looking both upset and angered.

"Hey, rainbow girl," Loric said, a smirk slowly coming to his face. As she turned her head to him, his smile grew even more. "Are you going to cry? Or are you going to fight us fairly?"

She just glared at him and held up her hoof to her face and spoke into it. "Commander Rainbow Dash reporting in, we are going to need a lot more ponies before we can subdue these two. Any chance of getting some help in the next few minutes?"

"I thought I gave you an order to find them and report their movements, not engage them," a angry feminine voice growled from her hoof.

"Yeah, and I should have listened, we lost Thunderlane and Blitz, those two..." she suddenly jumped backwards as Loric suddenly fired his pistol at her. She nimbly twisted in midair and shot towards him, kicking his pistol out of his hand and knocking him down in one motion. She then flew back to her original spot and let out a huff of annoyance. "Sorry about that, but those two are far to dangerous to be kept alive."

There was silence for a few moments, and when a response came, the mare smiled. "Then I give you permission to use lethal force on the two males, try and keep the female alive."

"You got it," the mare said, obviously pleased.

As the mare had been talking to who ever was in her hoof, Wyntir had been taking in their surroundings, looking for the source of the tendrils. It didn't take him long, however, as the two other ponies appeared to be Unicorns, their horns were both glowing the same color as the tendrils. But he had no way to reach them, and they were to far away to hit with a knife. As far as spells goes, he might be able to get one off. He'd just have to get it off without the mare taking notice and interrupting him.

He holds out his right hand and watches as it slowly starts to glow red, followed by a small flame engulfing his hand. But just as he began to prepare the spell, a thud could be heard. When he looked up, he was confused to see one of the Unicorns laying on its side, a pot next to its head. His confusion was intensified as a second pot came out of nowhere and hit the other Unicorn in its horn, causing it to fall to the ground, holding its horn in pain.

"I got them for you, Mr. Knight!" came an excited squeal as Honey Pie, wearing little saddlebags, stepped out from an alley way next to the two Unicorns. She waved at Wyntir and stuck her tongue out at the just as confused rainbow maned mare.

"What the..." the mare began to say, but she was cut off as Wyntir suddenly dashed over to her and slammed his foot into her face.

She reared back in surprise, but before she could react to the kick, a second hit to her opposite side sent her to the ground. Loric suddenly appeared over her, holding his pistol, which he had retrieved, and pointing it straight down at her face.

"Stay, horsey," he said with a smug look on his face.

As she glared up at him, she suddenly smiled. He started to ask what she was smiling about, but he suddenly realized he was being lifted off of the ground by an unseen force.

Both he and Wyntir looked back to the Unicorns to see that the second one had regained his composure and was not back in the fight. It suddenly sent Loric flying away from the mare and into a building, causing him to break through the wall with a painful looking impact.

Wyntir began to move towards the Unicorn, but he quickly found himself being lifted up off the ground as well.

"I got him!" Honey Pie yelled out, suddenly appearing on the Unicorns back. She jumped onto its head and grabbed its horn as the Unicorn began to thrash about, trying to get the crazy filly off of itself. This distraction caused Wyntir to fall back to the ground, no longer in the Unicorns magical grasp.

He didn't have time to think of what to do next, as the mare sprang up and latched onto him. The two began to struggle, with Wyntir still standing and the mare holding onto him for dear life. She was biting and hitting everything she could, but luckily she was only finding metal to assault. But it wouldn't be long before her jaws or hooves found his face.

Wyntir fought to pry her from his body, but she held firm. One of her hooves flailed up and slammed into his forehead, he stumbled back but kept his footing. As he was stumbling backwards, she was able to maneuver herself up closer to his face.

She went to take a bit out of his throat, but Wyntir lowered his head into her mouths path, unable to get his hands up in time. She bit into his chin, causing a gash to appear and got a little blood on her face. She pulled her head back and went in again, this time she wedged her face under his chin and latched onto his throat.

Yet again his eyes bulged as his neck was assaulted, but this time her powerful jaws began to crush his throat. He ran his hands over her body, trying to find something to damage to get her off of him. But everything on her was covered by armor, or almost everything. His right hand found her wing and he gripped it by its base. As he began to pull on it, she let out a squeak of pain, but she didn't stop trying to break his windpipe with her teeth.

With one mighty and desperate pull, he felt her wing rip free from her body, and she finally let go of his neck to let out a howl of both pain and sorrow. Her grip on him lightened and he finally was able to get a hold of her and throw her off of himself. She skidded across the ground and slammed into a bit of rubble that lay next to damaged building.

Now free of her, Wyntir fell to the ground, holding his throat as blood poured between his fingers. He shakily pulled out his talisman and held it up as he cast the only healing spell he knew. It wasn't a very powerful one, but it might be enough to keep him from dying.

"You can't go through a single fight without almost dying, can you?" Loric weakly asked as he limped past Wyntir, dragging his saw cleaver in his right hand, and holding his bloody side with his left, a slim piece of wood sticking through his left side.

He slowly advanced on the mare, who was currently curled up in the fetal position, looking to be in shock.

"Can't handle a little pain, toots?" Loric asked, his usual smug tone replaced with a strained shaky voice.

"I'll kill you..." she whimpered, her eyes widened. "I'll kill you both..."

"What was that?" Loric asked, now standing over her. "Can't actually hear you through the stick in my side, its screaming at me right now to remove it."

She blinked a few times before looking up at him, a dead look on her face. "You took away my wing... my wing.... You bastards..."

"Geez..." Loric said, his tough guy impression instantly vanishing as he began to rub the back of his head nervously, "I take it it meant a lot to ya, huh?"

"I'm going to kill you, both of you... I promise..." she said, lowering her head back to the cobblestone road. "Why..." she whimpered to herself.

"Well, you were a fun opponent, but you're pretty much useless at this point," Loric said with a sigh as he raised his saw cleaver and brought it down towards the mare. But before it reached her, she suddenly had a surge of energy and she shot up, past his saw, and head butted him in the face. Even without one of her wings, she was still pretty agile.

Loric reeled back and sliced his saw cleaver at her a few times, but she just dodged it a few times before disengaging and running back towards the two Unicorns. The Unicorn who was still standing was currently teleporting around trying to out maneuver the determined filly who was pursuing them.

"Forget the kid, Glaze, we need to retreat and regroup," the mare commanded, getting a nod from the Unicorn who teleported over to his fallen comrade and picked them up, and galloped after the mare.

"Should we chase them?" Loric asked, but as he turned around and saw Wyntir was still gagging and coughing on the ground, he winched. "Yeah, you're right, neither of us is in the shape to do that..." he then fell forward, groaning as he held his side with the wood in it.

Things weren't looking good for Wyntir, his spell wasn't working and he couldn't call out for Kara to come heal him. He hoped she'd realize he was in danger and come to his rescue, but that hope was slowly dying as his ability to breath was starting to fade away as his healing spell dissolved.

"Mr. Knight!" Honey Pie yelled as she ran up to him and stared up at him as he sat on his knees in front of her, leaning forward on one hand and holding his throat with the other. "Are you alright?!"

"Sh..." Wyntir started to say, but choked on the words.

"What?" she asked, leaning forward to hear better.

"Sh..." Wyntir tried again. Then he choked down the best he could and forced it out, "Shut up, kid..." he then collapsed in front of her, clawing at his throat desperately.

"Wyntir!" Kara yelled from the distance, but she was to far away to get to him in time, if she could even find him in time that is.

"Oh no! Mr. Knight!" Honey Pie screamed as she reached back into her little saddlebags and pulled out some kind of purple vile. "Drink this, please!"

She bit off the cork and forced it into his mouth, and with nothing else to do, he drank the liquid. It tasted like week old fish, which caused him to almost spit it out. But the moment it passed down his damaged throat, he could feel it slowly opening, allowing precious air to finally pass through with out any problems.

He sat up and gasped loudly, taking deep heavy breaths as he looked down at the little filly with wide eyes. "You saved me, kid..."

Honey Pie looked surprised, she then smiled brightly as she looked up at his bewildered face, "Yep! Now you owe me!"

This caused a genuine smile to appear on Wyntir's face. "I guess I do."

"Dying over here," Loric said weakly, his blood slowly seeping out around the piece of wood.

Wyntir looked around and saw Kara was almost to their spot, so he just jumped up and ran towards her. He scooped her up and quickly ran back over to Loric and sat her down next to him.

"How bad is it?" Kara asked as she reached out and put her hands on Loric's wounded side, causing him to hiss in pain.

"A slim piece of what appears to be a jagged piece of wood pushed through his side, with at least five inches protruding on either side," Wyntir answered as he grabbed the wood by the end sticking out of his back. "I'll pull and you heal, okay?"

Kara nodded and her hands began to glow as she prepared her spell. "Go."

Without any hesitation, he pulled the wood out of Loric's body, sending an ungodly amount of blood everywhere as he did so. Loric for his part only yelled in pain once, then went still.

The glow from her hands instantly covered his entire body as she fought to repair the damage done to his body. He did not move for a few moments, but eventually he started to moan and shift around under her hands.

"This may take a while..." Kara mumbled. "I don't even know how he has this much blood in his body, he should have died at least two times over already..."

"Here, try this," Honey Pie said as she appeared next to Loric's head. She held up a vile like the one she'd given Wyntir and stuck it in Loric's mouth. He downed the liquid and to Wyntir's surprise, he didn't gag at the taste.

"Whoa..." Kara said as she stopped healing him, "He's healing without my help.. and faster... Did you just give him something?"

"Mhm!" Honey Pie said as she held up the vile for Kara to see, not knowing she couldn't see, "It's something my auntie use to make! She was a zebra!"

"That's interesting," Loric grumbled as he shakily stood up. "Whatever that shit was, it had a nice taste to it."

"You're joking, correct?" Wyntir asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Nope," Loric said with a smile as he slowly stood up. "Taste better than most of the drinks I have to drink back home."

Wyntir rolled his eyes and looked around, noticing that a few ponies had shown themselves, and were looking at the three of them in amazement. "Looks like we've gathered a small crowd of onlookers."

"Should we leave?" Kara asked as she was helped up by Wyntir.

"I'd love to," Loric replied, getting a confirming grunt from Wyntir. "Then lets grab our shit and get out of here, I want to find a nice tree to relax under after all that."

"Wait!" a voice called out.

Wyntir glanced to his right and groaned in annoyance as he saw Bliss running towards them. "Go away!"

Bliss came to a stop in front of them, a look of amazement on his face, "Do you have any idea what you just did?!"

"Kicked some horse ass," Loric responded, not sounding very happy with the sudden appearance of Bliss.

"You just beat and maimed one of Celestia's commanders! One of her best actually!" Bliss all but screamed, his eyes wide in either fear or amazement.

"Yeah yeah, your point?" Loric said as he and Wyntir began to gather up their scattered items.

"My point? You just beat one of Equestria's Elite Four! That's just incredible!" Bliss gushed, a twinkle in his eye.

"I take it you should be mad about this, they are your people after all," Wyntir observed, thinking this pony was acting a bit weird about the current situation.

Bliss chuckled and rubbed the back of his head, "Yeah, I guess I should be upset you're attacking Celestia's soldier's, but honestly, she's changed a lot since this whole war started. She's just seems colder, in my opinion."

"It happens," Wyntir said with a shrug.

"Well," Bliss said, looking a bit nervous. "Is there anyway I can convince you to stay?"

Wyntir started to object, but he stopped himself. "We're not staying in this town," he started, getting a disappointed look from Bliss. "However, I think we'll set up camp somewhere close to your town."

At this, Bliss smiled happily while both Kara and Loric stared at him in both disbelief and slight anger.

"But we have to be somewhere," Kara interjected.

To this, Wyntir nodded, "I know, but I also know we will probably have to get the help of this Sombra character. And based on his treatment of you when we first met, I don't want to bring you with me when I do go and see if he can help us."

"That's a foolish idea, Wyntir," Kara said as she crossed her arms.

"Foolish but damned good," Loric said with a smug smile.

"You'll agree to anything he says," Kara snapped, but she calmed down almost immediate. "We'll talk about this later."

"Agreed," Wyntir said with a nod as he looked back to Bliss. "Well, Mr. Mayor, do you happen to know of a place outside of town we could use as a camp?"

Bliss nodded, already knowing of the perfect place. "Well I wouldn't be the Mayor if I didn't know! Come along, friends!"

"Not your friends," Loric replied, but Bliss either didn't hear him or pretended he didn't as he turned around and began to cheerfully walk away, humming to himself.

"I swear I'll kill this guy at some point..." Loric mumbled as he followed after him, carrying his dropped gear.

Wyntir took Kara by the hand and began to lead her after them, but he stopped and look behind himself to see Honey Pie standing behind them. "Well?" he called to her, causing her ears to perk up. "Are you coming?"

A huge smile spread across her face as she quickly ran after them to catch up.

'Kids... gotta love 'em...'

Author's Note:

This whole story is not going to be action oriented, I promise. This is all just setting up the rest of the story.

Also, this is a side project of mine, as I'm currently working on a rather large, secure, project at the moment that may not be out for a while. Depends on a lot of things.

I hope you're all enjoying this story so far!