• Published 1st Nov 2016
  • 316 Views, 4 Comments

The Last Morphoyd - Dark Nightshade



The last of his kind tries to stop a devestating beast of destruction.

  • ...
 4
 316

Chapter 5

"Morpheus!" Fluttershy called. "Um, if you don't mind, you should probably get up now!" A few seconds passed, and Fluttershy was about to call again, but that was when an arm exploded out of the ground. Fluttershy screamed, as more of a body pulled itself out of the ground. Then Fluttershy relized it was Morpheus and stopped screaming.

"Were you just screaming?" Morpheus asked. "Actually, never mind." He looked at his body, which was now caked with dirt, and since some of the instruments had holes, he had a ton of dirt inside of him. "I am going to need to make a new body. Anyway, can I study you a little now?" Fluttershy blushed.

"Already?" she asked. "You haven't even eaten yet! Neither have I!" Fluttershy frowned. "Actually, do you eat?" Morpheus shrugged.

"What is eating?" he asked. Fluttershy frowned. She had never explained eating before.

"Well, you consume this stuff," Flutershy said. "Your stomach digests it, and turns it into energy that the rest of your body can use." Morpheus nodded.

"Yes, morphoyds do something like that," he said. "Although we have to be a wisp to do that. Can you give me an example of this?" Fluttershy slowly nodded.

"Sure," she said. "What else do you want me to do?"


Almost an hour had passed by the time Twilight got to Fluttershy's cottage. Of course, Twilight had brought a bunch of scientific instruments, because this was an entirely new species! And it was intelligent! Twilight nocked on Fluttershy's door. After a few seconds of nothing happening, she nocked again. When nothing happened again, Twilight stepped back.

"Fluttershy!" she yelled. "Are you here?" Almost ten seconds passed this time, and Twilight was about to call for Fluttershy again when Fluttershy appeared around a corner, panting slightly.

"Sorry!" she said. "Me and Morpheus are in the woods. You actually got here just in time, he's about to make a new body!" Twilight gasped.

"A new one?" she exclaimed. "Already? Why?"

"His current one is filled with dirt," Fluttershy said. "It is actually very hard to get dirt out of some of these instruments."

"So where is he?" Twilight asked. "I want to see this!" Fluttershy guided Twilight to her backyard, and beyond it. Of course, Twilight had seen Morpheus in the back yard, but it was still far away enough so nothing could damage Fluttershy's backyard.

"You were the astronomer, correct?" Morpheus asked. Twilight frowned.

"The astronomer?" she asked. "I have done a little astronomy, but I'm not an actual astronomer." Morpheus frowned.

"But your name is Twilight, right?" he asked. Twilight nodded.

"Yeah, but what does-oh," Twilight said, finally understanding the reasoning behind Morpheus's statement. She giggled. "Yeah, my name is Twilight, but I don't study the sky. But I am still very smart.

"Good," Morpheus said. "Anyway, I have been told a little about you. You're a normal scientist?"

"Yes," Twilight said. "Not really 'normal', but yes, I am a scientist."

"Good, you'll want to see the adaption process," Morpheus said. "Now the both of you will want to step back. Way back." Fluttershy and Twilight stepped several feet back. Morpheus nodded and looked behind him. He inhaled, closed his eyes, and raised one leg. He looked like he was going to start meditating, but then his eyes opened, releasing a bright light. When a ball of light escaped from the body, it started falling apart, and Twilight recognized it as what she guessed was Morpheus's wisp, and remembered it from the night before. The wisp seemed to turn around to look at all the trees, until it seemed to settle on one. It zoomed into one of the biggest and narliest of them all, and seemed to burrow into it, completely disappearing into it. Then the tree started twitching, and moving. The tree started creaking, and cracking. The branches started to twist together, formeing hands, as the roots of the tree uprooted and started to form feet, as a face started to appear in the cracks. After about another 20 seconds of the tree forming into a humanoid form, he flung back his head a let out a roar. In total, he look really cool. His back was covered in leaves, his feet were covered in dirt, and his face was jagged and spiky. He looked himself over.

"So, what do you think?" he asked in a slightly raspy voice.

"Awesome!" Twilight squealed. "You must let me study that later!" Morpheus raised his now gnarled hand.

"And you will get to," he said. "I have been studying Fluttershy's body and biology for the past hour. Of course, I would like a little help. What do you say Twilight? Can I study you as well as you study me?" Twilight grinned excitedly as Fluttershy lightly blushed.

"Yes!" Twilight exclaimed. "Yes! What do I need to do?"

"Well, first of all," Morpheus said, "You have to take your clothes off."

Author's Note:

Have a good summer!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment