• Published 28th Jun 2012
  • 3,743 Views, 131 Comments

Everlasting Night - Dream Searcher



Nightmare Moon wins and takes the Mane 6 captive, will they adjust to their new lives?

  • ...
15
 131
 3,743

She's As Evil As Evil Can Be

Unedited

You will read thoughts from different ponies, I’ll color the thoughts so that way you know who is thinking.
Blue: Nightmare Moon
Cyan: Rainbow Dash
Yellow: Fluttershy
Pink: Pinkie
Purple: Twilight
Brown: Enslaved Applejack
Orange: Applejack
Grey: Rarity

Everlasting Night.
Chapter 2: She’s As Evil As Evil Can Be.

20th May, year 1 of the new moon

Nightmare Moon walked through a hallway in the depths of the palace. The hallway was very different from the rest of the palace; the walls and floor were painted black and the torches that hung on the wall didn’t give much light. It also had a frightening atmosphere, for a normal pony that is, for Nightmare Moon it was heaven. There were also cobwebs in the hallway, meaning that the hallway wasn’t used very much, until now.

While Nightmare Moon was walking towards her destination, a little smile formed on her face. She was thinking about what she would do with her new power as queen, about her everlasting night and of course about her new servants. When she arrived at her destination she quickly suppressed her smile and recreated her cold expression.

In front of her was a large brown door that creaked when she opened it. In the room hung her three prizes; her three disobedient servants. There were 6 poles in the room. On the left side of the room Applejack hung between two poles. Her left foreleg and left hind leg were attached to the left pole and her right foreleg and right hind leg were attached to the right pole. Her body hung in an X position. Like this: |x|. In the middle hung Pinkie Pie; in the same position as Applejack. On right side hung Rainbow Dash who was conscious, but still very weak, she also hung in that same position. Nightmare Moon smiled again when she saw the display in front of her, but this time it was a mischievous smile. The three mares were now looking at her, Applejack and Pinkie pie with an angry expression and Rainbow Dash with half closed eyes.

“Hello my servants. Shall we get started right away?” Her voice was full of joy; clearly Nightmare Moon enjoyed inflicting harm on other ponies. “I think I’ll start with Rainbow Dash.”

Nightmare Moon walked to the weak Rainbow Dash. She figured that she needed to punish Rainbow first so she could get some medical attention. She was in pretty bad shape and if she didn’t get medical attention soon then she would die. Nightmare was now standing behind Rainbow Dash. She stood on her hind legs and wrapped her hooves around Rainbow’s body. Rainbow’s eyes opened in shock.

“What are you doing?” Rainbow’s voice was very silent; it was just a little louder than a whisper.

“I’m just going to give you… your punishment.” Nightmare’s voice was very seductive and her hooves were caressing Rainbow’s chest. “I give you two choices of punishment. The first choice is pain.” To show what she meant with pain Nightmare materialized a whip and then lightly slapped Rainbow’s flank. “The second choice is teasing.” Nightmare lowered her hoof and caressed the fur just above Rainbow’s nether regions. She received a small shiver in return. “Make your choice, live or die... I mean: pain or teasing.

It didn’t take long for Rainbow to choose. “Give me pain.” Her voice sounded determined, but deep inside she was scared. I don’t mind the teasing, but I just don’t want to do it with her.

A small smirk formed on Nightmare’s face. I’m going to enjoy this. She walked a couple of feet away from Rainbow and when Nightmare figured that she was standing far enough away she turned around. Nightmare took a moment to admire Rainbow’s back. It was healthy, slim and muscled, but the only bad thing about it was that her wing was hanging limply. My, my, she defiantly is a beautiful mare. “You have one last chance to change your mind.” Nightmare’s whip was ready to strike.

“No, I want the pain!” Rainbow raised her voice. Oh no, I raised my voice against… her. Get ready Rainbow, hell will be unleashed.

Rainbow was right, not a second later she felt the first whiplash. It felt like a hot dagger that was cutting through her. Rainbow made a deafening scream that almost shattered one of the windows. Nightmare took a moment to admire her work. What once had been cyan fur on Rainbow’s back was now a deep cut with some blood seeping out of it, Nightmare’s smirk widened. She’s beautiful, healthy, slim, muscled and she has the roar of a lion. Yes, I’m definitely going to enjoy her. Nightmare now looked at her two other victims. Applejack still had that furious expression on her face, but she was crying. Pinkie was still depressed and her tears were also flowing freely, she did manage to look at Nightmare though. That proved to be a mistake, because Nightmare mouthed 3 words to her: You are next. Nightmare focused her attention back to Rainbow, the punishment had to continue. Nightmare whipped and whipped until Rainbow’s voice kept being silent. Fearing that she might have killed her new servant, she quickly dematerialized her whip and walked towards Rainbow. Rainbow was still breathing, but she was unconscious. Stay with me Rainbow Dash, I’ll get you some medical attention. This didn’t bring much relief to Nightmare and so she magically undid Rainbow’s restraints and levitated her onto her back. She looked one last time at her now terrified victims.

“I’ll be back.” She quickly teleported to the throne room.

*****

In the throne room the three mares had stopped with their shivering and crying, mainly because they didn’t have any more tears. Twilight now had some time to think. What will Nightmare Moon do to us? Will I ever see my family again? Did my brother survive the attack on Canterlot? Is Spike going to be okay? Before she could answer her questions Nightmare Moon teleported into the room, she had a heavily injured Rainbow Dash on her back. Nightmare didn’t say anything, but Twilight could see that something went terribly wrong

“What happened?” A clearly concerned Twilight asked, the two other mares were also very concerned about their friend. Nightmare gave her a threatening glare.

“If you so desire to know, I overdid it on her. I forgot that I had already injured her and so I didn’t hold back in my punishment and one other little thing: Address me as queen or else I’ll need to take you with me to the punishment room.” Nightmare turned away from Twilight and magically undid the shackles of Fluttershy. “Fluttershy, take Rainbow to the medical tent just outside the city, I’ll enchant your wings so you can carry twice your weight.” A black aura surrounded Fluttershy’s wings. The effects of the magic were very visible. Fluttershy’s wings grew a bit and so did her feathers. Nightmare then levitated Rainbow off her back and onto Fluttershy’s. “It is of utmost importance that you get Rainbow to the medical tent as fast as possible. Don’t let her die or death will be the least of your worries, do you understand?”

Fluttershy was shaking, but managed to stand up. “O-of course, y-your Highness.”

I don’t know if I can do it.

Don’t forget that I can still read minds. I know you can do it, my magic will help you.

Are you sure?

Yes. Now go, Rainbow doesn’t have much time.

Fluttershy nodded and took off with Rainbow on her back. Fluttershy then flew through an open window towards the army camp. Nightmare nodded to nopony in particular and turned around, she was greeted by two very concerned faces.

“She’ll be fine.” That was the only thing Nightmare said before she teleported back to the punishment room.

*****

Nightmare was now back in the punishment room. Applejack and Pinkie Pie were still hanging were Nightmare had left them, but they couldn’t be anywhere else because their restrains were being held in place by magic, there was no escape. In this room she was also greeted by two concerned faces, Nightmare rolled her eyes.

“Don’t worry about her, she’ll be fine. You should worry about yourselves and the things that I’m going to do to you.” Nightmare’s voice was threatening and joyous at the same time, her concern about Rainbow was completely gone. She trotted over to Pinkie Pie and stood right before her. “Tell me Pinkie Pie, what’s your favorite food?” She spoke in a calm tone, she was masking her punishment.

Nightmare looked Pinkie straight in the eyes, Pinkie’s eyes showed no joy, just sadness. It intrigues me that this normal joyous mare can change into a depressed mare just like that, even Rainbow Dash is made out of stronger wood and she gave up easily, it shouldn’t take long before I break her. “Cupcakes, why do you ask?” Her tone was not an angry one or one with joy, but just a sad one.

“Cupcakes, eh?” Nightmare leaned closer to Pinkie’s ear and whispered very seductively. “I like cupcakes too.” She leaned even closer to Pinkie’s ear, nibbled on it and just before she would pull back she gave her ear a little lick. “Mmm, taste like strawberries. Can’t wait to taste more of you… later.” Nightmare noticed that when she was seducing Pinkie, her hair inflated a little and that meant that Pinkie clearly enjoyed that.

Applejack was looking with an open mouth at the display in front of her. She closed her mouth and shook her head. “Pinkie, how could you enjoy that?”

Pinkie didn’t answer, she didn’t even look at Applejack, she was only looking at those beautiful turquoise serpentine-like eyes in front of her. It was Nightmare who responded to Applejack. “Oh shush you.” She materialized a tape and placed it on Applejack’s mouth with her magic, the only sounds that now came from Applejack were her muffled words. Nightmare materialized a cupcake and levitated in front of Pinkie. “This, my dear Pinkie, is my own special cupcake. It has the magic of the moon in it, but it tastes like blueberries. Try it.” Nightmare didn’t wait for a response and pushed the cupcake into Pinkie’s mouth. Pinkie was hesitant at first to bite but quickly gave in due to the heavenly taste. “It’s good, isn’t it?”

Pinkie nodded excitedly, her hair inflated and her pink fur was even pinker, she was back to her old self and all of this due to a cupcake and maybe some ‘love’ from a certain tyrant. “It’s like I can touch the moon, but with my tongue. You really should give me the recipe, Nightmare.”

Nightmare chuckled lightly. This is the first time in ages that I actually feel good; this mare certainly has a strange effect on me. I think I don’t need to punish her, being kind and seducing her will prove to be enough. “I will give you my love, the recipe and so much more if you just accept me as your queen and if you accept your life as my servant.”

Pinkie was silent for a moment, she was really considering it. Should she accept living as a servant like Twilight, Fluttershy and Rarity or should she keep resisting. She knew that she would be severely punished if she didn’t accept Nightmare as her Queen. In the end Pinkie chose none of these two options. “I’ll think about it.”

Nightmare smiled lightly and magically undid Pinkie’s restraints, Pinkie managed to land on her hooves. “We’ll come back to this, don’t you forget about that, but for now I’m satisfied with your answer.” Nightmare materialized a tray full of those delicious cupcakes; Pinkie’s mouth was already watering. “Now why don’t you take these cupcakes and sit in the corner while I deal with Miss can’t-keep-silent, alright?”

Nightmare placed the tray on Pinkie’s back, but Pinkie was very hesitant to move. She looked with a pleading look at Nightmare. “Just don’t hurt her, I’ve seen what you did with Rainbow Dash and that didn’t end very well.”

The image of the almost dead Rainbow Dash sprung into her mind, but Nightmare quickly suppressed it. She was going to deal with Rainbow Dash later and if the key to Rainbow Dash’s obedience was apologizing to her, then so be it. “Don’t worry; I’m sure I’ll find some way.” Pinkie seemed to accept that and trotted with a tray full of cupcakes on her back towards the corner. When Pinkie was away Nightmare’s cold expression returned. I swear by the moon that this mare does something to my mood. If I’m in need of a good mood then I’ll keep her close to me. Now I need to crack the hardest nut.

Nightmare walked over to the again furious looking Applejack. With one firm pull Nightmare pulled the tape off Applejacks mouth, Applejack didn’t even blink. “What the hay did ya do to Pinkie, did ya mind control her or something?! Pinkie wouldn’t give in so easily.” Nightmare began to smile. She might be a mare, but she has the spirit of a stallion.

“Ha, mind control? No, this isn’t mind control, I just search for the weaknesses in a pony and then I take advantage of it. Pinkie’s weaknesses were sweets and love, but I think you’ve already seen that. Besides, mind control isn’t really a spell that I like to use.” Nightmare took a quick glance at Pinkie. She was sitting in the corner, eating her cupcakes and not really paying attention to what happened between Nightmare and Applejack.

“Ya don’t like mind control because ya can’t do it.” Applejack was just trying to insult Nightmare as much as she could and that would prove to be a mistake. Nightmare undid the restraints and Applejack fell on the ground.

“Well if you don’t believe me then I think a demonstration is in order.” Before Applejack could protest, a black aura surrounded her head. Her mouth opened lightly and her eyes glazed over. After 5 seconds the spell disappeared, but Applejack still stood there with no emotion on her face.

Hello, Applejack.

Who are ya?

Ah am you.

Ya aren’t me? Ah am me.

Ah am the enslaved you, just let me in your mind and ah will show ya my way.

No, ya aren’t coming in here.

Oh, but ya already opened the door.

“Applejack, sit down next to Pinkie.”

“Yes, mah Mistress.” Applejack responded in a monotone voice. Her walking didn’t seem to be affected by the mind control; she walked very normally to Pinkie and sat down beside her. This startled Pinkie, because she really wasn’t paying any attention to what had happened in front of her.

See how good it has been to just obey.

Strange, it felt mighty good, but ah still won’t let ya win.

You’ll give in eventually. Ah tell ya, giving in is like entering heaven.

“Applejack, you alright?” She waved her hoof in front of Applejack’s face, but there was no response.

Why can’t ah say something?

Because that isn’t your job, your job is just to obey your mistress and your commands.

Now what would Applejack normally don’t do? Oh, I know. “Applejack, kiss Pinkie… like you would kiss the love of your life.” Pinkie looked with wide open eyes at Nightmare, but she just gave a small wink.

Oh, a little bit of romance.

NO, Ah don’t want to do this.

Ya don’t have a choice

“Yes, mah Mistress.” Applejack replied and turned to Pinkie. She placed both her hooves on Pinkie’s shoulders and pushed her to the ground. Pinkie tried to resist, but Applejack was clearly the stronger mare. Applejack lowered her head and kissed Pinkie. First it were normal kisses, but Nightmare had said the love of your life and so Applejack wrestled her tongue into Pinkie’s mouth. Pinkie was still struggling, but in the end she gave up, it was far too enjoyable. Meanwhile one of Applejack’s hooves went down Pinkie’s body and they went closer to Pinkie’s nether regions, but Nightmare decided that play time was over and undid the mind control spell.

Bye Applejack, ah hope ah see ya again.

Ah hope not.

The normal Applejack returned and quickly got of Pinkie with a little shocked expression on her face. “Pinkie, ah’m so sorry.”

Pinkie was still panting, but managed to speak. “It’s nothing, you weren’t yourself.” But I do wish that you continued.

Now Nightmare walked closer to the corner, a large smile was plastered on her face. I definitely enjoyed seeing that, I even wished that I was Pinkie. “Are there any more spells you think I can’t do?” Applejack shook her head. She hated to admit it, but Nightmare really was the most powerful pony in Equestria. “Good, now how was it like being mind controlled?”

Applejack got the shivers from just thinking about the thing that just happened. “Ah could still think and see, but ah couldn’t control mah body, ah was trapped in mah mind. There was also a voice whispering to me, telling me not to worry and to give in and obey. It was mighty scary, ah tell ya that.” Pinkie placed a comforting hoof around Applejack’s shoulder.

“If I had kept you in that spell then the voice that you heard would grow stronger each day and after a week your mind would cease to resist and you’d be a mindless slave until the day you die, but lucky for you I undid the mind control spell, I like my servants a little bit more lively and self-aware.” Nightmare was waiting for a thanks, but it didn’t come.

“Well if ya think that ah’m gonna thank ya then ya got another thing coming sister, ah’m still not gonna live as a servant.” Nightmare could just pull her mane out from angriness, but then she realized she had to be a bit slyer.

“Why don’t you want to live as my servant?” Nightmare’s angriness faded away, she knew that she would find Applejack’s weakness, one way or another.

“Well first of all, ya’re a tyrant; second of all, ya hurt mah friends and third of all, if ah live here then ah can’t help mah family on the farm and they would starve to death.” Nightmare formed a large grin on her face. Bingo. Applejack noticed Nightmare’s grin and realized that she had told Nightmare about her weakness. “Oh no.” She put her hoof in front of her mouth.

“Oh yes, your family is your weakness and I plan to take full advantage of it.” Nightmare thought for a moment about how she would create it to her advantage and then it struck her like lightning. “We’ll make a deal Applejack. If you accept me as your queen and your life as a servant then I promise I’ll send two ponies to your farm to help your family and you can visit your family once a week. If you still keep resisting then bad things will happen to your family.”

Tears were beginning to form in Applejack’s eyes. “Ya can’t do this.”

Nightmare stomped her hoof to the ground, the almost-kind Nightmare was replaced by the really-not-kind Nightmare. “I can and I will, make your choice now!” Now Pinkie was also shivering, this was the same Nightmare that tortured Rainbow; nopony knows what will happen now.

“Ah guess ah don’t really have a choice then.”

Nightmare Moon grinned widely, she was victorious. “No you don’t, so you accept your fate?”

Applejack hung her head and sighed. “If it means keeping mah family safe, then yes.”

“Good, now excuse me for a moment.” The two mares blinked, not knowing what Nightmare was about to do. Nightmare trotted to an open window, took a deep breath and shouted. “You will take care of this injured mare right now or I will personally rip your head off and place it on top of a pole!” It was a deafening shout and thunder could be heard, the two mares grabbed each other very closely. Nightmare returned to her old cold self. All these personality switches and that recent shout had really taken a toll on her and she just wanted to begin with her reign. “Now come, I can finally start with my reign.” The two mares got up and stood close to Nightmare, Nightmare powered up her horn and teleported with Applejack and Pinkie to the throne room.

*****

While Nightmare Moon was busy with Pinkie and Applejack, Fluttershy had already arrived at the camp. She looked around and saw the soldiers of Nightmare’s army. Some were still healthy and fine while others had cuts and bruises. The real injured ponies were lying in the tents of the medical teams. These ponies had lost their horn, legs or wings and others were fighting for their lives. A little further away from the medical tents lay the dead, while it were mostly royal guards there was also a big amount of night soldiers. They all lay under a white blanket, waiting for their cremation or burial by their families. Fluttershy felt sick, her stomach turned and she felt like a brick in the air, she could just fall from the sky. She gathered all her willpower and flew into the direction of the medical tents; she had to do it, for not receiving any punishment and for Rainbow Dash. Alright Fluttershy, just search for the tent with the red cross on it… oh, there it is. Fluttershy saw the tent and landed in front of it. She took a peek inside and saw ponies lying on tables while being operated by doctors. On the table closest to where she was standing lay a sleeping black stallion. He had large healthy wings and he was very muscled. Wow, he has an amazing body. Fluttershy stopped her admiring when she saw that he had a big cut on his chest, but it seemed that it was cleaned and stitched. Fluttershy heard 2 doctors conversing about the black stallion.

“How’s Commander Shadow?” The doctor who was busy checking the stallion’s wound asked. Fluttershy figured that the black stallion who was lying on the table was Commander Shadow.

“It was a deep cut and he lost a lot of blood, but he’ll be fine, you know that nothing can stop the Commander.” The second doctor grabbed a notebook and wrote down how the wound was healing.

“Yeah, only mares can stop the Commander. Have you heard about his recent one in Trottingham?

“No, what happened?” The two doctors didn’t notice that the Commander was opening his eyes and he already had a frown on his face.

“Open your mouth and I’ll kill you myself.” The Commander was wide awake, but he was still lying down, getting up would be very painful.

The two doctors turned to the Commander and smiled sheepishly. The first doctor cleared his throat. “Oh, hello Commander. We weren’t talking about you and especially not about your endeavors with the mares.” The first doctor received a hit on the head from the second doctor.

The Commander was certainly not amused. “Get the hell out of my sight.” The two doctors quickly obeyed and returned to their patients, but then one of the doctors saw Fluttershy peeking inside.

“Hey you, what are you doing here?” The doctor trotted towards Fluttershy. Fluttershy let out an eep and wanted to run away, but she was stopped by the thought of Rainbow dying.

The doctor stood now in front of her. “M-my friend needs me-medical attention.” The doctor took a quick look at the cyan mare that was hardly breathing.

“I won’t operate her, she’s a lost case.” The doctor turned around and started to trot away, but he was stopped by Fluttershy’s hoof.

“Please help her; it’s an order from Queen Moon.” Flutershy’s eyes were watering, she couldn’t let Rainbow die, she just couldn’t.

The doctor only snorted in response. “You expect me to believe that you know Queen Moon, that’s a good one.” Fluttershy wanted to retreat and find another medical tent, but she just froze in place when she heard a deafening thunder that awoke the entire camp.

“You will take care of this injured mare right now or I will personally rip your head off and place it on top of a pole!” It was the voice of the Queen and by the tone she spoke it with she meant business.

The doctor became pale and after he regained his wits he levitated Rainbow of Fluttershy’s back and whispered to her. “Please give my sincere apologies to the Queen.” Fluttershy nodded lightly and the doctor trotted away with Rainbow. Fluttershy managed to get one last glimpse of Rainbow before the doctor trotted out of the tent with her.

What a foal. Anyways, Fluttershy come back to the throne room, there’s something important to discuss. When I have time I’ll teach you the way of assertiveness, your lack of assertiveness almost costed a mare’s live. Luckily I was in time to intervene.

Fluttershy wanted to trot out of the tent, but she was stopped by the hoof of the Commander. “I see that you have a mental connection with the Queen, tell her that I’ll come to her later today. Normally I’m not allowed to leave the tent due to my injury, but I’m the Commander so I can do what I want.”

I’ve heard it Fluttershy. Tell the Commander that I’ll wait for him.

“The Queen will wait for you.” Fluttershy spoke very gently; it always broke her heart when she saw somepony in pain.

“Thank you… hey, what’s your name? Surely this nice and good looking mare must have a beautiful name.” Fluttershy blushed a little due to the compliment she received.

“It’s Fluttershy.” She spoke so silently that the Commander didn’t hear her name.

“I didn’t quite catch that, could you say it again please.” The Commander held his hoof by his ear.

“It’s Fluttershy.” Fluttershy spoke a bit louder and now the Commander did hear it.

“Fluttershy... That’s a very nice name, the Queen has made a good choice, I can see that.” The Commander let go of Fluttershy and closed his eyes, a little sleep before his meeting with the Queen would be nice. Fluttershy smiled at the lovely display in front of her and silently walked out of the tent, but it wouldn’t make that much difference since other ponies are screaming from pain. Fluttershy decided to just let the doctors take care of them and so she flew back towards the castle.

And now you have met the Commander, very loyal, but such a gigolo. He’s the best soldier my army got.

Was he hitting on me?

Oh forget about that, he hits on everypony. Some say that he even hits on stallions.

Oh, I didn’t know that.

And now you do, now come back to the throne room.

Okay, Nightmare.

Don’t forget my title, Fluttershy.

Okay, Queen Moon.

Better.

*****

When Fluttershy arrived in the throne room Nightmare was already sitting on her throne, Twilight and Rarity were out of their shackles and were sitting in front of Nightmare together with Pinkie and Applejack. Fluttershy slowly trotted forward and sat down next to Pinkie.

“Ah Fluttershy, you’re here, now I can start.” Nightmare cleared her throat; this was going to take a while. “As everypony knows you are now my servants and while some of you might still not accept your life as my servant you will accept it eventually, there’s no escape. I’ll try to be as nice as possible, but sometimes I’ll get angry. If that happens then just get Pinkie, she’ll automatically brighten my mood, isn’t that right Pinkie?” Nightmare gave Pinkie a small wink, hinting at what had happened before. “Anyways, that’s the introduction and now the rules of the house. Rule number 1: If you find yourself with some free time and you don’t have an order from me then you can do what you want in the palace. Number 2: You may not leave the palace without my permission. Number 3: When we’re in public then I’ll call you slave or servant and you’ll call me Queen or Highness. When we’re not in public I’ll just say your name and you’ll still say Queen or Highness. Sometimes you can say Nightmare, but don’t do it too much. Obey these 3 rules and of course me and you’ll be fine.” Nightmare stopped for a moment, she needed a breather and a sip from her glass of water. She saw that Twilight raised her hoof. “Yes, Twilight?”

“What are we even supposed to do here?”

“Hold your horses Twilight; I was just coming to that.” Nightmare materialized her notebook. She put on her reading glasses and searched for the right page. She cleared her throat when she found the right page. “I’ve searched a bit into your minds and I wrote down your capabilities. Twilight, you’re going to be my assistant and secretary. I think your organizing skills and your eye for detail will come in quite handy.”

Twilight nodded and dramatically wiped her forehead. “Phew, I thought I would be part of the cleaning crew.” Why am I so eager to accept this? She’s still the enemy Twilight, don’t you forget that.

“No, somepony else already has that spot.” Nightmare turned to Fluttershy. “Fluttershy, you are very good with nursing animals back to health so you will be part of the medical crew of the palace. I also already have a command for you. Tomorrow, you’ll go with me to Rainbow Dash and you’ll help her with her recovery.”

“Why are you going with me, if you don’t mind me asking that is.” Fluttershy was again speaking very silently, but Nightmare could hear it. Oh come on Fluttershy, speak up and don’t be so shy or else I’ll change your name into Fluttersocial.

Nightmare giggled in herself at her own joke. “I’m going to do something I normally don’t do very easily. I’m going to apologize to Rainbow Dash.” Fluttershy and the rest smiled, they liked it that Nightmare would apologize. If they knew the real reason they wouldn’t smile. The real reason was just to ensure that Rainbow was on Nightmare’s side. “But I’m digressing. Pinkie, you have an amazing talent for cooking and creating parties, so you’ll be part of the kitchen crew and when I’m in need of a lively party then you can organize it. That reminds me of something, we haven’t eaten yet. Pinkie, could you make me a sandwich with hay and salad for me and make something for you and the rest.”

Pinkie nodded and started to trot away. “Of course, my nose for food will guide me to the kitchen.”

I love it when they’re so obedient; it gives me such a good mood.

Nightmare smiled lightly and looked back at her notebook, next was Rarity. “Rarity, you have eyes for fashion, so you’ll be my personal dress designer and creator and when I need to hold a more formal party for the nobles then you can organize it. Oh, I almost forgot that I had something for you.” Nightmare levitated a drawing out of a bag that was lying next to the throne. It was the drawing of the new flag of Equestria. It had a dark blue background with the moon in the middle of the flag. In every corner of the flag was a large yellow star. Above and under the moon was a small red star and left and right of the moon was a small blue star. Nightmare gave the drawing to Rarity. “This is my design for the new flag of Equestria, I hate the old one.” Her voice was filled with venom, but Nightmare quickly returned to the kind-Nightmare. I’m really the mistress of personality changes. “I know that I’m certainly not good drawing, but I’m sure you can make something beautiful of it.”

Rarity took a moment to look at the drawing, it wasn’t the best drawing she had seen, but it also wasn’t the worst. “I think I can make it, but I’ll need to start immediately. Do I have a workroom?” Honestly I can’t believe that I’m working this tyrant, but I fear I have no other choice.

“Yes, just go to the first floor, take a right and the first room on your left.” Rarity nodded and started to trot away, but she was stopped by Nightmare. “Aren’t you going to eat first?”

Rarity gently shook her head. “No, I think I need all night for just one flag.” She continued her trot.

“I’ll let Pinkie bring some food to your work room!” Nightmare shouted at the now disappeared Rarity. “Let’s continue. Applejack, I’m sorry but I’ve put you in the cleaning crew. I wanted to make you my bodyguard, because you are the most muscled mare, but you’re just not very loyal to me, so you’ll need to be in the cleaning crew until I think you’re loyal enough.”

Applejack just shrugged, but she did feel a bit disappointed and angry because she didn’t get a better job. “Ah don’t care what job ah get as long as ya uphold your end of the bargain and ah can see mah family once a week.”

“Ah yes that, if you want then you can visit your family tomorrow, I’ll just have to ask one of my guards if Ponyville is already under my control.” Applejack’s eyes immediately brightened.

“Really? Now that’s mighty nice.” Strange, ah hate her and she already allows me to go and see mah family.

Nightmare wrote the arrangement in her notebook. “It is settled then, I shall see to it that the chariot will be ready tomorrow 6AM, but you are to return at around 8PM. If you aren’t back at 8PM then I personally will come and look for you.” While it was a threat it actually didn’t feel like one. “This concludes our little discussion.” Just when Nightmare was about to get up from her throne the Commander walked into the throne room.

“Greetings Queen Moon, I told you that I was going to come.” The commander walked very slowly, he had to be extra careful not to reopen his wound. He looked at the 3 mares that were sitting in front of Nightmare, he figured that they were her servants. “Greetings servants.” And then his eyes fell on that lovely mare he just met an hour ago. “Greetings Fluttershy.” Applejack and Twilight looked with large eyes at Fluttershy, they were probably asking themselves how the Commander knew Fluttershy. Fluttershy took no notice of this and flew to the Commander.

“Oh you poor stallion. The Queen made me part of the medical crew, if you want I can help you.” Fluttershy was looking attentively at the wound, but the Commander’s laugh made her look up.

“Ha… ow, where’s that shy mare I met?” Fluttershy looked at the ground, her shyness returned. “I’m kidding, Fluttershy. But don’t worry about me, the doctors said I was going to be fine, it only needs some time to heal.” They both stared into each other’s eyes for a moment, but their beautiful moment of just them was interrupted by a cough from Nightmare. I just witnessed the beginning of love between them. I think I’ll need to talk with Fluttershy about him and his ways and I’ll need to ‘encourage’ the Commander to stay with Fluttershy. It won’t be pretty if he breaks her heart.

“Now Commander, what do you want to talk about?” The Commander trotted with the help of Fluttershy to the cushion that was placed in front of Nightmare. The Commander sat down on the cushion and Fluttershy went back to her place between Twilight and Applejack, she received playful pokes and smiles from them.

“Fluttershy is in love, Fluttershy is in love.” Applejack teased Fluttershy silently, but it was loud enough to be heard by Nightmare and the Commander.

“I am not.” Fluttershy tried to defend herself, but she couldn’t deny the truth. She was helplessly in love. Were it his looks, was it his character or maybe it was his way of acting. She didn’t know what it was, but it was amazing. It was love on first sight.

“Yes you are.” Nightmare interrupted them with a stern voice and a serious glare. “Could you please be quiet, this is important business.” The three mares immediately kept their mouths shut. “Good, now Commander, tell me what you wanted to tell me.”

The Commander nodded. “Currently we’re rounding up the last prisoners, we are giving them two choices: fight for your army and live to see their families again or a ticket to prison in the mountains of Canterlot. Most of the prisoners choose the first option.”

Nightmare took her notebook and wrote all of the information down, like Twilight she wanted to organize everything and wanted to have control over everything. “Good and how about our casualties?”

“We’re still counting the dead, but I think we’ve lost about 30 percent of our troops”.

Nightmare did a quick calculation in her head. “That are about 500 soldiers, that’s too much. Come back tomorrow Commander, we’ll need to change our battle tactics if we want to win the civil war.” The Commander got up, bowed as much as his body allowed him to and began to trot away, but he stopped when he remembered something.

He turned and faced Nightmare again. “I almost forgot, but there’s a prisoner that has an extraordinary skill in fighting, he would be a great addition to our army.”

Nightmare nodded. “Very well, bring him with you tomorrow so that I can inspect him.” Nightmare wrote down the arrangement in her notebook, but then she reminded herself that she needed to ask him something. “My servant here,” She pointed her at Fluttershy. “Recently brought in an injured mare, how is she doing?”

The Commander thought for a moment. “Cyan Pegasus, Rainbow mane?” Nightmare nodded in response. “She’s going to make it, but she’ll lose one of her wings and so the doctors decided to remove the other wing too. The doctors haven’t told her yet, because she’s still unconscious.”

If Nightmare wore a T-shirt then she would have pulled at the collar, because she suddenly got it very hot. Rainbow would lose her wings because of her. “No, I’m the Goddess of the Night, with my magic I’ll make Rainbow’s wings come back.” Nightmare sounded determined, but she knew that it would take much of her magic to make Rainbow’s wings come back.

“Very well, if I see her then I’ll say that you and the lovely Miss Fluttershy will visit her tomorrow. Now I need to go, my army needs me.” The Commander bowed again and disappeared behind giant now-painted-black doors.

Nightmare now sat on her throne while looking at nothing in particular, she was thinking. There are some risks to the spell that I’m going to use on Rainbow. It’s possible that I immobilize Rainbow for the rest of her life, but it’s also possible that I kill myself on the spot. I could order Twilight to help me with the spell, but then I risk her life. No, it has to be me and only me and if it kills me then so be it. I’ve seen in Rainbow’s mind that flying is her life so I can’t take that away from her and she needs her wings if I want to use her in my army.

Nightmare was so deeply buried in thoughts that she didn’t see Pinkie standing in front of her with her sandwich on her back. “Is everything alright?” Pinkie’s voice startled Nightmare a bit, but she regained her composure easily.

“What? Oh, I was just thinking. Could you give me my sandwich so I can retreat to my chamber, I need some time alone.” Pinkie looked slightly worried. Why do I feel worried about my captor? Maybe my new ‘bond’ with Nightmare has something to do with it. Pinkie shrugged it off and gave the sandwich to Nightmare. Nightmare levitated it and got off her throne, but before she left she turned to Twilight. “Twilight, I can sense that there’s something on your mind.”

Twilight was also eating a sandwich with hay and salad, Pinkie had made the same for everyone. Twilight stopped eating and wiped her mouth with a napkin. “Well, I’ve one remark and one favor to ask.”

Nightmare placed the sandwich on the dinner table that stood in the middle of the throne room. “First the remark.”

Twilight looked at the moon. “Well, plants need the sun to grow and if they don’t have any sun then they’ll die. If the plants die then the ponies will follow.”

Nightmare walked to an open window behind her throne. “Good thinking Twilight, I almost forgot that. Just wait and see what I’m going to do.” Nightmare powered up her horn. On the horizon an orange dot rose, the sun was coming back. When the sun was again high up in the sky it changed color. What was first an orange sun became now a white sun. The light blue sky that had accompanied the orange sun changed back to the dark blue night sky with its many stars that were very visible. Nightmare panted, she had done it. The sun had returned, but she had kept her night sky and it wasn’t Celestia’s sun no more, it was Nightmare’s. She could feel the power of the sun flowing through her, it was nothing compared to the power of the moon, but it was still there. She looked at her new sun, it was going down and that meant that it was evening. Nightmare looked at the clock that was hanging next to the window, it read 7PM. This is the first time I’m going to sleep so early, but I’m too tired to stay awake, this day has really taken its toll on me. Nightmare turned back to Twilight. “The sun is back, but it’s my altered version of the sun. Now what’s this favor of yours?”

Twilight closed her mouth; it was hanging open, because she witnessed a big amount of magical energy surging through a pony’s body. Twilight focused back on Nightmare’s question. “Before you… took me and my friends I had a baby dragon. He’s now all alone in Ponyville, probably waiting for me to return.” Twilight could feel that tears were beginning to form in her eyes. “I’m just so worried about him.”

Nightmare thought for a moment. Hmm, if this dragon matures then he could be an excellent addition to my army, but before that I have no use in him. I think I’ll just get him into safety, that way Twilight’s loyalty to me will rise. “Applejack, when you come back tomorrow from Ponyville then bring this baby dragon with you. I’ll see to it that he can reside with Twilight’s family.” Applejack nodded and a small smile grew on Twilight’s face. Nightmare turned to a guard that was standing near the door. “I hope Ponyville is in my control?”

The guard didn’t move, the only thing that moved was his mouth. “Yes, my Queen. Ponyville and Canterlot are the two cities under your control.”

Nightmare smiled victoriously and turned back to her servants. “Good, now I’m going to my chamber. You can stay up, but don’t make it too late.” Nightmare levitated her sandwich and teleported out of the room. She realized that she forgot something and spoke in everypony’s mind.

You all sleep in one room; it’s next to the throne room. When I think you’re loyal enough then you can get your own room.

The mares finished their dinner and decided that they too were quite tired. Before they went to bed they went to Rarity to see how she was doing. Her work was progressing quickly and she said she was going to be done by midnight. Pinkie gave her the sandwich, told where their chamber was and went with Fluttershy, Applejack and Twilight to their bedroom. The bedroom was quite large. In the chamber were 6 one-person beds and every bed was accompanied with a closet, a chest, a bedside table and a lamp. At the far end of the room was a door that lead to the bathroom. It had a bath, a sink and a shower. They decided that taking a bath or a shower before going to sleep was a good idea. Everypony waited for their turn and when everypony was finished they talked about what had happened today.

Twilight was the one that began voicing her opinion. “I’m still not fully convinced to accept my life as a servant and I will keep resisting her, but she has been surprisingly nice to us and if she keeps being like that then I believe it won’t be so bad.”

Pinkie was next. “Yeah, I totally agree. I think she likes me, I can even make her smile. She also granted us some favors; she’s really trying to be nice to us and to make this as easy as possible for us.” Pinkie was jumping on her bed from joy. This joy mainly came from the thought that she really wanted to ‘play’ with Nightmare again, it felt so good.

Applejack wanted to interrupt, but Fluttershy spoke before her. “She even wants to teach me the way of assertiveness, I guess there’s a nice and lovely mare hidden underneath the cold and stern one.”

Now Applejack could speak, but her opinion was completely different. “How can y’all say that? She took us from our families, from our friends; don’t ya want to see them again? Besides, she almost killed Rainbow and mind controlled me. And what about the war? She slaughtered those guards right on the spot and she even enjoyed it, just like she enjoyed hurting Rainbow. Twilight, don’t ya wanna see Celestia again, she was your mentor for goodness sake. Ah want to get outta here as fast as ah can, she’s as evil as evil can be.”

Everypony was silent at first, they were thinking about how evil Nightmare actually could be. Twilight started to reason with Applejack. “She mind controlled you because she wanted to show you her powers and she did say that she was going to apologize to Rainbow and give her her wings back. About the war: I know that killing ponies isn’t right and I don’t accept that, but she’s the Queen now, she could just kill us if we stood up against her. And yes, I really miss the Princess, but I as a realist know that there’s no way that Nightmare will release her willingly, I just hope that she would do it though. Just give it some time and do like us, look at the positive things instead of the negative.”

Applejack lay down on her bed and threw her blankets over her. “And living as a slave, no thank ya kindly. Y’all are accepting this too fast, it has only been one day. Do you guys have the Stockholm Syndrome? Ah tell ya, the nice Nightmare is just there to hide her true intentions, don’t say ah didn’t warn ya. We’ll continue this discussion later, ah’m too tired to argue, goodnight.” The mood was somewhat broken, but everypony said goodnight to each other and lay down on their bed.
Applejack was almost sleeping but then she felt a tingling sensation on her body. She felt that her blanket had shifted and that it had hooves. “Since when does mah blanket have hooves, that ain’t right.” Applejack opened her eyes and saw something she didn’t expect. Nightmare was lying snout to snout with her; her eyes were staring into Applejack’s.
“Hello.” Nightmare gently said. Applejack’s eyes widened and she quickly ran out of the bed.

“What are ya doing in mah bed?” Applejack calmed down and took a moment to take in her surroundings. The room was smaller and the bed was a giant black two-person bed, Applejack realized that she was in Nightmare’s room. “Better yet, what am ah doing in your room?”

Nightmare gently chuckled and levitated Applejack back onto her bed. She placed Applejack on her back and began caressing her chest like she did with Rainbow. “Two reasons, Applejack. Reason one: I fear that you might try to escape, so I keep you close to me. Reason 2: After a thousand years on the moon it is normal that I feel lonely at night, I’m in need of some company.”

Applejack pushed Nightmare’s hoof off her, but the caressing did feel quite good. “Again ah have no choice, eh?” Nightmare shook her head and Applejack sighed. “Alright, but no Pinkie business.”

Nightmare leaned in closer and whispered very seductively into Applejack’s ear. “I plan to play with all of you, but for now no Pinkie business.” Applejack really didn’t want that Nightmare ‘played’ with her, but luckily for her it wasn’t her time yet. “Now let’s go to sleep.” Nightmare laid Applejack on her side and she did the same, then she pulled Applejack closer to her so that Applejack’s back touched Nightmare’s chest and belly. Applejack was smaller than Nightmare’s so her head lay under Nightmare’s. Applejack found it quite comfortable, but she couldn’t forget that she was lying with an enemy. Nightmare took one last peek at Applejack and then she saw something that made her grew pale. In less than a second Nightmare got out of bed and was standing on a table.

“Kill it!” Nightmare screamed like she had just seen death.

Applejack slowly opened her eyes and got up. “Kill what?” She looked around for an intruder, but she saw nopony.

“Over there, on the pillow.” Nightmare pointed at her pillow. On it was a very little spider that wasn’t moving. Applejack burst out laughing.

“Haha, ya, the Goddess of the Night, are afraid of spiders?” Applejack began to feel pain in her side due to her laughing. Nightmare, however, was not happy.

“Yes, I’m terrified of them, have you ever seen them under a microscope, they’re monsters from another planet. Now kill it!”

Applejack stopped laughing; instead a devilish grin grew on her face. “Ha, ah’ve found your weakness and ah plan to take full advantage of it.”

Nightmare’s eyes widened, Applejack has found one of her few weaknesses. “Oh no you don’t. As your Queen I command you to kill that monster and to forget about my weakness.”

Applejack placed her hoof near the spider and it climbed on her hoof. She trotted with three legs to an open window and placed the spider on the windowsill, it quickly disappeared after that. “There, ya happy now?”

Nightmare slowly got off the table and regained her composure. “Yes, but you could have done it quicker.”

Applejack laid herself back onto the bed, but before she was going to sleep she had to insult Nightmare just one more time. “So that you didn’t make a scene. Oh, I will certainly remember what happened.”

Nightmare laid herself also back onto the bed, but she lay with her back to Applejack. “Let’s just go to sleep.”

*****

Meanwhile there were two royal guards hiding in the bushes just outside of Canterlot. They just escaped the city and were discussing their next move.

“Have you seen that orange mare, she’s really resisting Nightmare.” The first guard said. He was a white Unicorn, his friend was a white Pegasus, you had to have a white coat to join the royal guards.

“No, you were the one who looked through the windows.” Before they retreated they decided that a bit of spying couldn’t hurt.

“Well, she really doesn’t like Nightmare. Nightmare took her from her family and she just wants to return to them. I heard that she goes to her family in Ponyville tomorrow, that’s the time we have to talk to her. I think she’ll help us with killing Nightmare.” They both got out of the bushes, it was time to leave.

“Alright, you go to Ponyville and wait for her to arrive, then you’ll try to convince her. I’ll go to Manehattan and speak with the royal council; meanwhile I will also get the assassins ready. Travel safely, my brother.” The two gave each other a small hug and parted ways, for them Nightmare’s days were numbered.


Note: Do you like this side of Nightmare? If you don’t, then don’t worry, the other side of Nightmare will return… in the next chapter and frequently in following chapters. I’m still not sure what kind of Nightmare I will write, the nice Nightmare or the evil one? Is nice Nightmare going to stay or is she just here to hide Nightmare’s true intentions? The only thing you really need to know is that the chapters won’t always be like this, her dark side will rise again.

The main resisters will be Applejack and Rainbow Dash with Applejack as the mare who resists the most. Twilight, Fluttershy, Pinkie and Rarity will look at the bright sight more or less, but they will still be resisting (Fluttershy and Pinkie less than Twilight and Rarity). This story is going to be a bit lighthearted (sometimes).

Next chapter: Will Rainbow ever fly again?

We’ll know what happened to Celestia.

Will Applejack become a traitor? (or maybe everyone of the mane 6?)

Octavia makes an entrée.

Shining Armor’s fate will be decided.

And we’ll have a look at the battle tactics for the battle of Manehattan.

Question: Should I write an evil Nightmare in the next chapters or a kind one or maybe something in between? I really don't know. Let me know in the comments.