• Published 29th Oct 2016
  • 3,875 Views, 48 Comments

My Little Mages: The Royal Wedding - Foxhelm



There's a party in Chantalot! Twilight's brother, Shining Armor, is getting married. But something seems off with the bride, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. A My Little Mages retelling of A Canterlot Wedding

  • ...
5
 48
 3,875

The Shifty Bride

Applejack was in the kitchen of the castle with Apple Bloom helping her out as she was running the kitchen with the regular staff. Twilight was seated out of the way but able to see everything and clearly not happy as she was there observing everything. With her, was a notepad and pencil. Applejack looked over the preparations of the food. Currently, they were making test samples of all the food, from the wedding cake to the hors-d'oeuvres. Applejack was looking over a layer of the cake making sure it that every very instruction was being followed and that the cake tasted as it should, Apple Bloom helped with a second opinion with the tasting. “Cake,” Applejack said as she ate her sample. “Check,” she declared satisfied with her work. Twilight checked it off her list on the notepad.

Apple Bloom had one bite of her sample. “Ain’t as good as yahr, Sis. But it’s good enough.” Apple Bloom commented. This got her a hug of gratitude from Applejack before the older Apple went over to a large ice heart that was hollowed out.

“Ice sculpture,” Applejack said as she looked it over. “Check. Put it in the freezer, don’t want it to melt between now and the wedding.” Apple Bloom looked it over as well and gave it a thumbs up. Twilight checked that off the list as well.

Just then a timer went off Applejack then went over to a pan she had cooling and emptied it on a plate. She took a deep smell over what was baked. With a smile on her face, “Best darn bite-size apple fritter yah ever tasted?” she asked Twilight as she offered them to her to taste.

Twilight took one and ate it. She closed her eyes in delight and had a massive grin on her face, “Mmm. Check.” she answered as she checked it off the list. “Apple Bloom, Spike you should…” Twilight started but stopped as she saw Spike and Apple Bloom were playing with the small figures meant to depict Shining Armor and Mi Amore Cadenza that would be placed on the top of the cake.

Spike was holding the figure of Shining Armor “I do. Do you?” He asked trying to deepen his voice to sound more like Shining Armor.

“Oh, Shining! I do! I do! I do!” Apple Bloom replied trying to sound what she thought was princess-like as she held the figure of Mi Amore Cadenza. The two started to make kissing like sounds as the had the two figures kiss each other. Noticing that their respective ‘older sister/mother’ figure was looking at them unamused, the two started to laugh nervously as they put the figures down.

Noticing the arrival of Cadance, Applejack turned to greet the bride. With a small bow,
“Howdy, your highness,” she spoke as she addressed the princess.

Cadance did not return the bow, which Twilight noticed was odd, both Celestia and Luna at least would have given Applejack some sort of salute. “Please, it’s Princess Mi Amore Cadenza,” Cadance said dismissively as she walked fully into the kitchen as she looked over the food for the reception.

Applejack stayed in her bow, “Well Howdy, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. Yah come to check out what's on the menu for yahr big day?” the paladin asked as she ended her bow and went over to check on the food.

“I have!” Mi Amore Cadenza answered and was showing signs of being unhappy, something Twilight could not avoid noticing. As Applejack got the plate of fritters, Mi Amore Cadenza accepted one of the fritters and bite into it. As she finished some she swallowed it. As she made a gulping sound which Twilight noticed but seemed to go unheard by the paladin, “Delicious! I love-love-love them.” She then laughed nervously, which Twilight noted but seemed to go unnoticed by Applejack, Apple Bloom, and Spike.

Happy that her cooking was liked by the princess, “Aw, shucks. Why don't yah take a few to go?” Applejack offered as she put a few fritters into a bag and giving it to Mi Amore Cadenza. “Ah know how yah brides can be. So busy, yah forget to get a little somethin' in your belly.” Applejack said as she turned from the princess and returned to check on the rest of the food preparations.

Mi Amore Cadenza accepted the bag and as she was heading out the kitchen she threw the bag into a trash can near the door. Twilight gasped as the door closed. Twilight looked to Applejack, Apple Bloom and Spike “Did... you see what she…” She stopped realizing that they were not paying attention. “Spike, we need to check on Rarity and the dresses,” Twilight said and left the kitchen for where Rarity was. Spike following her.


Half an hour later Twilight was in a room with Rarity going over all the dresses. They all looked the same, something Twilight either didn’t notice or care as she was ranting about what she saw concerning Princess Mi Amore Cadenza. “Oh, you should have seen how she acted back there. I don't know when she changed, but she changed!” Twilight exclaimed as Rarity was focused on the dresses with Sweetie Belle and Spike holding some of the material Rarity was working with. Twilight continued her rant, "Please, call me Princess Mi Amore Cadenza." Twilight said as she mimicked the bride.

“Did I hear someone say my name?” Mi Amore Cadenza asked as she entered the room with her four bridesmaids. They were Lyra Heartstrings, Minuette, Twinkleshine and Lemon Heart, four of the five young women Twilight knew for most of her childhood, they were more like acquaintances than friends as Twilight was not a sociable person growing up. However, Twilight’s focus was not on them.

Wanting to make sure her client was satisfied with her work, Rarity rushed and bowed to Mi Amore Cadenza, “Your Highness! Let me just start by saying what an honor it is to play a role in such a momentous occasion.” She then gave a nervous laugh trying to remain calm.

The bride mostly dismissed the enchantress as she walked around her giving an unenthusiastic “Uh-huh.” However, she did return to the purpose of her visit. “Is my dress ready?” she asked clearly not caring about anything else.

Rarity stammered a little as she ended her bow and joined the princess in showing the dress, as it was on a mannequin,“Yes, of course.” She then showed the dress, it was long covering her feet, light yellow wave-like hemming on the bottom. Around the waist was as a light blue sash with a vine-like pattern with blue gen over the chest that had stashes the same shade of blue as the one around the waist that went both over her shoulders and under her arms. “I've been working on it ever since I was given the assignment, and I think you'll be pleased with the results! Mmm!” Rarity said extremely pleased with her own work.

Mi Amore Cadenza looked at the dress and frowned angrily. “I was hoping for something with more beading and a longer train,” she said as she walked away from the dress.

Rarity took up her notepad and pencil and making the notes, “Oh, yes, of course.” Rarity said as started to plan for the alterations.

Calling attention to the dresses for the bridesmaids which looked exactly like the bride’s dress with false wings made to look like her wings. Which the four bridesmaids clearly liked their dresses. “And those should be a different color,” the bride declared.

Rarity turned her attention to the other dresses. “But your highness, you are aware what the purpose of the bridesmaids is? What if an assassin somehow got or gets through? If the bridesmaids’ dresses, veil included, do not match the bride's dress then the assassins would know who was their target.” the enchantress countered as walked to the dresses.

“We love them!” the four bridesmaids said cheerfully as the held the dresses to themselves to get an idea of how the dresses will fit. Mi Amore Cadenza glared at them and the four put the dresses back and stepped away from the dresses.

“Make them a different color.” Mi Amore Cadenza ordered and left the room.

The four bridesmaids frowned but before they left, “Say can we order our own dresses like the bride’s” Lyra asked.

“I would be happy to make them too, but maybe after the wedding.” Rarity said as she started working on the dresses as Mi Amore Cadenza ordered.

“Gee, maybe her name should be ‘Princess Demandy-pants.’” Twilight commented as the bridesmaids also left the room.


In the reception hall, a couple hours later, Pinkie Pie had everything set up for the reception itself. She was standing with Mi Amore Cadenza. “Okay, let me see. We've been over the games…” the jester said as she rushed over to set of board games and rolled some dice for one. “...the dances…” Pinkie continued as she went over to a phonograph with a vinyl record ready to play. She started it and it started to play a polka tune, specifically the one Pinkie Pie played to get the parasprites out of Magiville. She engaged in a polka-inspired dance as she went back to Mi Amore Cadenza. Pinkie Pie gasped trying to rein herself in, “I think this reception is gonna be perfect! Don't you?” Pinkie Pie said extremely happy over her work.

In a corner, Twilight observed all that and more. Mi Amore Cadenza looked over everything she was not amused at what she saw “Perfect!...If we were celebrating a six-year old's birthday party.” She said with a bit of bitterness as left the jester and started to head out of the hall.

Pinkie Pie gasped, “Thank you!” she exclaimed as Mi Amore Cadenza left the hall. Twilight made a note of that action. She was clearly not happy.


It was near nightfall an hour or so later as Twilight’s friends, Spike and the CMC were sitting at an outdoor table of a restaurant each had drinks. In the background, several residents of Magiville were going for an evening stroll. “Say should one of us go back to Magiville to get the Elements of Harmony? You know so that you all and Twilight can add some flair.” Sweetie Belle asked as she looked at everyone.

“Won’t it take hours for anyone to get back and would miss the wedding?” Scootaloo asked confused at that suggestion.

Spike stopped to put his drink down, “Oh there’s a teleportation ring within the castle grounds, it’s meant to whisk Princess Celestia away in case of the capital is overran. It turns out it actually takes you to where Magiville was founded, specifically in front of the Golden Oak.” Spike informed.

“So how would one come back?” Fluttershy asked as she placed her drink down.

“I think Twilight could figure how” Spike answered and returned to his drink.

“While I appreciate the thought about us wearing our Elements, Sweetie Belle, it's not a good idea to upstage the bride on her big day, it’s also considered poor form to wear the same color as her dress.” Rarity said electing to end the topic. She then saw Twilight approach but still away off, “Better drop the subject of the wedding in its entirety. While upsetting the bride is not good, the best maiden can also throw us out of the ceremony.” All nine of them returned to their drinks.

As Twilight joined them with her drink, “Bet I can guess what you're all thinking.” She said as she took the open seat on the table. “Cadance is the absolute worst bride-to-be ever.” She closed her eyes and took a drink of her drink.

Everyone look at each other and then they all turned to face Twilight again. “Twilight, darling, whatever are you talking about?” Rarity asked speaking for everyone. “Cadance is an absolute gem!” she finished and returned to her drink.

Twilight put her drink down on the table in disbelief over what her fashion savvy friend just said, “What? But Rarity, she was so demanding!” Twilight countered in shock.

“Well, of course, she is! Why shouldn't she expect the very best on her wedding day?” Rarity asked countering Twilight’s point.

“As daddy said ‘There are only two days in your life when it’s all about you. The day you get married and the day you get buried and good luck trying to enjoy the last one.’” Sweetie Belle added after taking a sip of her own drink.

Twilight placed her hand on her head as if she was getting a headache. She then turned to Applejack. “Applejack, did you know that after she told you how much she just 'love-love-loved' your hors-d'oeuvres, she threw them in the trash?” Twilight asked mocking how Mi Amore Cadenza said ‘love-love-love’ and looking for someone to agree with her.

Applejack was clearly hurt, but she elected to just let it go, “Well yall know how brides can be, worried about making sure they can fit in their wedding dress. She was probably just trying to spare my feelin's. Besides, there will be more than enough for everyone at the reception.” Applejack said as she took a sip of her drink.

Twilight leaned forward closing her eyes and rocked back “No, she was just being fake and totally insincere!” she exclaimed accusing Mi Amore Cadenza.

Seeing the stress Twilight was going through, Fluttershy spoke out after a moment of awkward silence among everyone there, “Well, She did raise her voice at one of the birds during rehearsal.”

Seeing that she had one person that agreed with her, “See? Rude!” Twilight declared with a confident smile on her face.

Fluttershy however, knowing the full story continued, “But he was singing really off-key.” She then called attention to a mockingbird that was with them and gestured him to sing and he was very much off key and borderline cringe-inducing. “And he’s a Mockingbird, they have perfect pitch.” Fluttershy pointed out. Everyone looked at her confused as to what she was getting at, “It means he was doing it on purpose just to annoy the bride.” she explained which got an ‘Oh' that was either an ‘I get it now’ or an ‘I'll take your word’ from everyone else.

Twilight knew better than to ask Pinkie Pie. Pinkie Pie was a person that enjoyed planning parties and put in a lot of effort and energy into making sure it was just right which meant taking advice from the people the party is for no matter how cruel they might seem from Twilight’s point of view.

“Never mind. Rainbow Dash, you're with me, right?” Twilight said electing to change people she was appealing to and Rainbow Dash was known for her fidelity to her friends.

“Sorry, Twi. Been too busy prepping for my sonic rainboom to pay much attention to the bride's bad attitude.” Rainbow Dash said dismissively as she was stretching her arms and rolling her shoulders.

“Yeah, it’s really tiring,” Scootaloo added.

Twilight sighed in frustration and she lowered her head onto the table. “The princess is about to get married. I'm sure any negative behavior she might be displaying is simply the result of nerves.” Rarity commented trying to be comforting.

Twilight slammed on her hands on the table causing it to shake, “And I'm sure it's the result of being an awful person who doesn't deserve to even know Shining Armor, let alone marry him!” Twilight declared. “My brother doesn’t deserve someone so cruel to my friends over their work as his wife. Nobody does!”

“Think maybe yah're bein' just a tiny bit possessive of your brother?” Applejack pointed out. “Remember when Ah said it wasn’t fair to Shinin’ to put him on a pedestal?” Twilight reluctantly nodded. “Well, it’s also unfair to Mi Amore Cadenza to put her in the gutter.”

Twilight was taken aback at that comment. “What? You all think I am being possessive of Shining Armor?” She asked as her friends seemed to be siding against her.

“Uh-huh.” everyone else said as they nodded in agreement.

“I am NOT being possessive, and I am Not taking it out on Cadance! You're all just too caught up in your wedding planning to notice that maybe there shouldn't even BE a wedding!” Twilight said as slamming her hands on the table causing all the drinks to fall over. Twilight then stormed off in a huff.


Twenty minutes later Twilight arrived at the wing of the castle where Shining Armor was currently quartered. She knocked at the door, “Come on in!” came Shining Armor’s voice. Twilight entered to see Shining Armor dressed in a red nobleman’s high-party shirt with a golden collar and cuffs. He was trying on a stylized breastplate with a six-pointed star like the ones that were on Shining Armor’s gauntlets and Twilight’s staff. “Twily! Your big brother's looking pretty good with Uncle Sidus’s breastplate, don't you think? Huh.” Shining asked as he turned to show his attire. As he noticed a sorrowful frown on Twilight’s face. “Everything okay?” he asked concern.

“We need to talk.” Twilight said her tone and attitude shifting from her appearance of her needing to be comforted by one of someone truly concern and needing to express that concern, “I think you're making a big–” she was cut short with an “uh-hum” The two siblings turned to see Mi Amore Cadenza up a short flight of stairs that lead from the atrium of the area. It was clear she was not happy about something as preceded down the small flight of stairs.

Shining Armor started, “Oh, uh, hi, sweetie.” and started to walk towards his bride.

“She sure has a way of sneaking up on people,” Twilight muttered to herself having a lot of animosity towards the princess.

“Could I speak to you for a moment, dear?” Mi Amore Cadenza asked and walked towards another room.

Turning back to Twilight, “Sorry, Sis, better see what she wants.” Shining Armor said as he left the atrium to another room where Mi Amore Cadenza was. After Shining Armor joined her, Mi Amore Cadenza shut the door.

Twilight refused to not be cut out so and walked to the door, through it came the muffled voiced of the princess, “Look, we need to talk.” she said angrily.

Shining’s voice was also muffled by the door, but Twilight was able to make out his response, “I'm here to talk.” Twilight could not make out the rest as she approached, most likely because she was the subject of talk, she was in the next room and wooden doors are not soundproof. But Twilight was able to hear Shining Armor say, “I'm listening, I'm listening.” as she nudged the door ajar.

“I thought I made it perfectly clear I didn't want you to wear that.” Twilight heard as she was opened the door just enough to peer inside.

Inside the room, Shining Armor looked down to his breastplate, “This was my late uncle's, he named me and got me to think about joining the ESM. He died before Twilight was born.” Shining answered.

“And?” Mi Amore Cadenza asked not happy with that explanation as she walked towards Shining Armor.

Taken aback at this, and feeling like he already gave a sufficient explanation, “And What? The wedding is my day too and everyone will be more focused on you anyway. I think I should wear it because it’s the only way I can feel that my uncle is there, I would have worn it for my successful completion of my training and my promotion ceremonies but I couldn't, so my father wore it. This is the first time I can wear it on such an important event of my life,” he countered standing his ground on the matter.

Mi Amore Cadenza looked baffled and then angry, “Are you disagreeing with me?” she asked as she scowled at him.

Twilight continued to look on, “I guess I am– Ah!” Shining started but stopped as he was showing signs of an intense headache coming on, placing his hand on his head.

This was also not unnoticed by Mi Amore Cadenza, “Oh, dear. Are you getting another one of your headaches?” she asked. Shining Armor, however, did not answer and started to back to the wall, gritting his teeth and closing his eyes, he called out in pain. Mi Amore Cadenza started to wave her hands forming a lime-green light and then sent the light into Shining Armor’s head and forcing him to his knees. Shining Armor eyes started to spin in opposite directions like goggle-eyes as it encompassed his head and then faded. Twilight watch all that completely flabbergasted it appeared that to her that Mi Amore Cadenza was making it worse. As Shining Armor slowly rose to his feet. “Feeling better?” Mi Amore Cadenza asked. Shining nodded as he closed his eyes and grunted.

Twilight then turned away in horror at what she had just seen, “She isn't just unpleasant and rude. She's downright evil!” Twilight exclaimed and started to run out of the wing of the castle.

Shining Armor stepped out of the room and saw Twilight leave, “Twilight!” he called out as he started to leave the wing.

“Let her go, dear, you had a long day, if she can’t stick around to talk, it’s not that important.” Mi Amore Cadenza said as she hugged Shining from behind and nuzzled the back of his neck.

“Huh. It seemed like she had something else she wanted to tell me.” Shining commented absolutely befuddled at all that was going on.


Ten minutes later, after running to where her friends would gather for one final look over before the rehearsal, Twilight throw open the doors. “Shining Armor is in real trouble! You have to help–” Twilight stopped as she noticed her friends were trying on a set of bridesmaids dresses, most likely the ones that Rarity made per Mi Amore Cadenza’s order, and clattering among each other. “Dresses? What are you–?” she started but was cut off as Fluttershy with big closed eye smile on her face floated over on her ethereal wings.

“Can you believe it? We're gonna be Princess Mi Amore Cadenza's new bridesmaids!” the druid said as she hovered above the ground happily and showing off the dress.

Twilight was confused, but she was also angry, and it was anger that showed, “NEW bridesmaids? What happened to her old bridesmaids?” She asked demanding to know what was going on as she turned to the rest of her friends.

“She didn't say. But she did tell us that she would love-love-love it if we'd fill in for them.” Applejack said as she looked at herself in one of the mirrors. There was a subtle blush on her face which went unnoticed by everyone, even Apple Bloom.

“Seeing as we've been working so hard and everything.” Rarity said offering an explanation for why the bride might change out her bridesmaids within days of her wedding.

Twilight froze, mortified that her friends were so easily bought off, “And you had your doubts about her.” She heard Applejack comment, with Rarity saying “Told you she was an absolute gem!” shortly thereafter.

However, there was one member not who was pleased with the setup, “Are you sure this is what I should wear?” Rainbow Dash asked calling attention to herself as she looked over the dress and how flowed very likely going to cause drag in flight. “Doesn't seem all that aerodynamic.” She said as she shot into the air and was clearly slower than her usual ascents.

Rarity rolled her eyes as she led Rainbow Dash to where her material and tools were, “Hmm. I'll see what I can do, but you have to remember this is all very last minute.” Rarity commented. As Rarity and Rainbow Dash left, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie huddled together barely able to contain their excitement as they started giggling and chattering.

Defeated, Twilight left and headed to the room she would be staying in. “Looks like I really am on my own,” she said depressed as everyone has seemed to have left her, left and right.


The next morning in the chapel located within the castle, a middle-aged man was looking over a clipboard. He was dressed formally most notedly with a monocle. He was Baron Roy Fancypants and he was going to officiate the wedding in the absence of Princess Celestia. As he watched the CMC practice spreading the flowers for the wedding, as they reached the end of the aisle. “Perfect, girls. No need to rush. Then, of course, Princess Mi Amore Cadenza will enter with the bridesmaids in front. Just as the organist starts ‘The Bridal Chorus’.” He stated and the organist started playing the Chorus as Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Applejack and Rarity followed by Princess Mi Amore Cadenza walked into the room, stopping as they reached the altar, “I'll say quite a lot of words, the whole ‘Dearly beloved we are gathered here today’ so on and so forth. Then the exchange of vows, Shining Armor, you will take the rings from the Best Man… um sorry Best Maiden, I will then proceed and give the ‘Speak now or forever hold your peace.’ we wait ten minutes then the ‘By the power and authority vested in me, as Prime Administer of Their Royal Highnesses Princesses Celestia and Luna’s Government and the Magic of this Realm, I pronounce you, man and woman, as yoke mates hereafter.’ The two of you will kiss as Rainbow Dash performs the sonic rainboom, still baffled as to how it can be done, anyway, then the bride and groom shall proceed back down the aisle and then on to the reception, the bride and groom will arrive there last. The best maiden speech and so on.” Baron Fancypants as he walked up and down the aisle as he looked over a clipboard. He then looked up, “Um where is the best maiden?” He asked as he noticed the absence of the best maiden.

“Twilight is not here yet, she said she needed to do something first,” Spike answered as he took a seat on the stairs leading to the altar itself, holding the pillow with the wedding rings.

Shining Armor gave a sigh of frustration over the absence of his best maiden. Just then the doors swung open with a thud. “I'm here!” Twilight stated as she walked angrily to the altar. “I'm not going to stand next to her!” she said as pointed to Mi Amore Cadenza. She then turned to Shining Armor, “And neither should you!” she continued.

Shining Armor looked at his sister and then to his wife-to-be he was not sure what was going on, “I'm sorry, I... I don't know why she's acting like this.” Shining Armor elected to try to be diplomatic with two of the three major women in his life and extremely nervous about the one closest to him physically.

Mi Amore Cadenza looked to her husband-to-be and the rest of everyone in attendance. “Maybe we should just ignore her,” she suggested trying to avoid a confrontation, but very much not happy.

“You have to listen to me!” Twilight projected refusing to be ignored by the others there.

“Alright, go on, as the best maiden, you are the champion of the wedding what do you have to say.” Fancypants said taking charge of the situation before anyone else could challenge or silence the best maiden. Everyone remained silent and allowed Twilight to continue.

Twilight stepped to the center of the chapel. “She's evil!” she proclaimed as she pointed to Mi Amore Cadenza still in the aisle of the chapel. Shining Armor stepped in front of his bride, with a frown on his face, as to him his sister has crossed a line. Everyone else muttered to themselves baffled at the situation. “She's been horrible to my friends,” Twilight then teleported to be behind the couple and started walking towards Mi Amore Cadenza backing the princess away from Shining Armor. “she's obviously done something to her bridesmaids,” Twilight continued as Mi Amore Cadenza gave a nervous smile as if looking for help. “and if that wasn't enough, I saw her put a spell on my brother that made his eyes go all googly!” Twilight finished as turned back to face the princess with a smile cruel smile on her face, one that said ‘I know the truth and you can’t hide it any longer, b*tch.’ which she wore in triumph.

Seeing that she was cornered Mi Amore Cadenza started to cry,“Why are you doing this to me?!” shouted as she tried to get away from Twilight.

“Because you're evil!” Twilight answered utterly confident in her actions as she let Mi Amore Cadenza run out of the chapel in tears crying all the way, “Evil! And if I don't stop you, you're gonna ruin my brother's life!” Twilight turned around with her eyes closed feeling assured in her actions and victory, however she failed to account for one thing. The one thing almost everyone forgets about in the final days and hours leading to the wedding, THE GROOM, as she collided with Shining Armor.

She fell to her rear and looking up saw her brother and he was angry. She gave a weak ‘teehee’ but Shining was not having any of it. “You want to know why my eyes went all googly?” He started as he then placed his right hand on his right temple clearly showing his headaches were coming back as he grunted in pain, “It’s because ever since I started having to perform my protection spell, I've been getting terrible migraines. Cadance hasn't been casting spells on me. She's been using her magic to heal me!” Twilight inhaled wanting to counter her brother as Shining continued to scold his sister, “And she decided to replace her bridesmaids because she found out the only reason they wanted to be in the wedding was so that they could meet the royalty! And if she hasn't been on her best behavior with your friends, it's because with me being so busy, thanks to the random wargame and the lack of ESM personal, her and our parents not able to be here until tomorrow for the wedding, she's had to make all the decisions about the wedding!” Everyone else was agape as Shining spoke, it was clear that he was hurt by Twilight’s lack of support.

“I was just trying to–” Twilight said trying to explain her actions to Shining Armor, but it was clear that Shining was not going to hear her out.

“She's been completely stressed out because it's really important to her that our big day is perfect! Something that obviously wasn't important to you!” Shining said cutting his sister off, his ire sweeping through and his words cutting deeper wounds than any sword. Everyone gasped at that. He stopped as he felt his headache. As Twilight reached out with her left hand to him as if to rub his right temple to help massage the pain, he swatted the hand away. “Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go and comfort my bride. And you can forget about being my best maiden, Spike will be pulling double duty as the ring-bearer and my best man.” He shouted as he walked away from Twilight. He stopped before exiting the chapel and in a calmer and sadder tone as if he himself was about to shed a tear, he finished saying “In fact, if I were you, I wouldn't show up to the wedding at all.” He then exited the chapel.

“Wait, Wait, maybe the best maiden has a point, surely something can be worked out.” Fancypants said as was the next to exit the chapel, “You had one job during the wargames, Roy, one job.” he muttered to himself.

“C'mon, Y'all. Let's go check on the princess.” Applejack said as she led the rest in attendance out of the chapel.

Twilight tried to speak out as everyone was leaving her to check on the bride, even Spike left her, “I was–” she started trying to speak but the doors slammed leaving Twilight all alone in the chapel. She started to cry as it seemed that if everyone she cared about had not left her they certainly did now. “Maybe I was being overprotective. I could've gained a sister. But instead... I just lost my only brother.” She didn’t know what sparked it, but she started to sing.

“He was my big brother, best friend
Forever...
And now, we'll never do anything
Together…”As she sang, Twilight as looked back at what happened and imagined her relationship with her brother ending right there and then. She fell onto her news and continued to sob she tucked into a ball. She looked up and saw Mi Amore Cadenza standing there and looked like she was over what happened. Twilight reached out to her. “I'm so sorry!” Twilight pleaded.

Mi Amore Cadenza smiled and reached out to accept Twilight’s hand with a smile signifying that she was about to forgive Twilight. But then her smile shifted to a cruel smile, from her tiara a lime-green light which conjured a ring of lime-green fire around Twilight appeared, “You will be.” Mi Amore Cadenza said as the lime-green fire closed around Twilight causing her to vanish leaving nothing, not even a scorch mark. “She will be.” Mi Amore Cadenza said as her eyes change to green irises and more slit-like pupils for a handful of seconds as she chuckled and walked away. “This day is going to be perfect.” She sang to herself softly and darkly.