• Published 23rd Oct 2016
  • 3,314 Views, 250 Comments

Sour Sweet on the Inside - DarkMaster0224



Dark Steele is an everyday normal teenager, with a bad attitude. Expected to compete in the friendship games, students put up with Dark's attitude, except one. One student with similar problems, may just be the key to changing Dark's life.

  • ...
14
 250
 3,314

Common Ground

Location: Canterlot Archery Range

“Will you at least join us for dinner?” Dark asked reluctantly.

Sour stopped in her tracks, ‘Did he just ask me to have dinner with them?’

“Well? Yes or no?” Dark asked after a few seconds of silence.

“Y-you want me to join you for dinner?” Sour asked.

Dark was going to say what he really wanted to say, but Lilac beat him, “Yes, we’d would love it if you could join us.” She said with a smile on her face.

“I-I uhhh…” Sour stuttered, ‘What should I do?’

“If you have more important things to do then you should definitely do those first.” Dark said trying to drive her mind away from the question.

“Well, I guess I could. I don’t have anything big planned for tonight.” Sour said, ‘Wait what did I just say?!’

‘Wait she agreed!?’ Dark thought shocked. He was so sure she would have made any excuse to not go.

“Awesome!” Artemis and Lilac cheered.

“Only one problem guys, it’s only three.” Aria said pulling out her phone to show everyone the time.

Lilac and Artemis immediately whimpered. “Why must you crush my food dreams?” They both asked the twin-tailed girl.

“Because it’s fun.” Aria said with a smirk.

Lilac and Artemis gave her a small glare and crossed their arms. “Fine, what should we do for the next three hours?” Lilac asked.

Everyone thought about this for a minute before Artemis spoke up. “Oh, Laser tag!” He suggested.

“I’m in!” Lilac said cheerfully.

“I’m all set. I hate the whole flashing lights, gives me a headache.” Dark said remembering all the headaches and migraines he’d gotten.

“Same here, I haven’t been to the laser dome for that very reason.” Sour replied.

“Hey, you guys agreed on something. That’s progress...I think.” Lilac said putting her hand on her chin.

Dark and Sour looked away in realization, both slightly embarrassed.

‘This isn’t right. We never agree on anything. And usually we’ve broken out into a fight by now. What’s going on?’ Dark thought to himself.

‘What the hell, first I agree to go to dinner with them and now I’m agreeing with the that Bas-guy. What’s going on?’ Sour thought to herself at the same time.

“You two ok?” Artemis asked slightly worried.

Sour and Dark both snapped out of their thoughts and shook their heads. “I’m fine!” Dark and Sour said looking away.

Lilac, Artemis and Aria looked at one another and shrugged. “Alright since you two don’t want to go, how about you two hang out for a bit and we all can meet at Hayburger at 6.” Lilac said.

“WHAT!?” Dark and Sour yelled.

Artemis then stepped forward. “Chill, this will be a good chance for you both to get to know each other better. Like I said earlier, try and find some common ground.” He said with a smile.

Dark and Sour both looked at one another and were about to speak, but Lilac spoke up first.

“That and you both already shook hands.” She said.

Dark and Sour both flinched at that. ‘Dammit, she’s right!' Dark and Sour thought.

After a few seconds of silence, Sour and Dark both sighed. “Fine.” They said.

“Great, let’s get going.” Lilac said to Artemis and Aria.

“In a hurry to lose Steele?” Aria said with a smirk.

“Oh it’s on.” Lilac said as she and Aria ran out on the range.

Artemis just shook his head and smiled. “Wish us luck, have fun you two.” He said before running after Lilac and Aria.

Once Lilac, Artemis and Aria were out of site, Dark and Sour looked at one another. “Well we did promise.” Sour said.

“That we did, so what now?” Dark asked.

“Well, if we are spending the day...together, I’ll have to drop off my bow at home.” Sour said.

“You don’t happen to have a car yet, do you?” Dark asked.

Sour shook her head, “No. Just barely finished Driver’s Ed.”

“Great. I just have to get a car, but haven’t been able to save up.” Dark said, “Looks like we’re walking.”

“Duh.” Sour said as she began walking.

Dark growled, but took a deep breath and followed her.

They walked in silence for a few minutes before Dark spoke up. “Please tell me you think this is a stupid idea too?” He asked

Oh good I’m not the only one.” Sour said not facing Dark. “I blame silver hair back there.” She said crossing her arms.

“Same here, he had no right to get involved.” Dark said.

“Exactly………although he is right.” Sour said looking down.

Dark wanted to deny it, but for some reason he couldn’t because he knew he was right.

“Yea he was, arguing all the time isn’t helping anyone and maybe...we should take his advice.” Dark said.

Sour finally looked at him with wide eyes. “You mean that?” She asked.

“Yes… Arguing isn’t going to help anyone, only cause more trouble.” Dark said.

The two stayed quiet again for a bit, then Sour spoke, “So what does Cinch threaten you with to keep you in the games.”

Dark was taken aback by the question, “If you must know, she’s blackmailing to send me to a different school again, forcing my mother and sister to move again.” Dark said clenching his fists, “Mom can’t afford for us to move again, nevermind find a new job. And Lilac is finally happy with the boy she is with, I can’t separate her away like that. She’d never forgive me. And I’d never forgive myself.”

Sour had a genuine look of shock and worry on her face. “Ok I knew she was mean, but I didn’t think she was that cruel.” She said.

“Then clearly you don’t know her as well as you thought you did.” Dark said crossing his arms.

“I don’t interact with Cinch unless I have too, you’re not the only one who hates her.” Sour said.

Dark looked at Sour with surprise, “And here I thought I was the only person you hated.”

“You are a close second, Cinch tops that list. My dad’s in Manehattan because of her and I barely get to see him!” Sour said angrily.

“Cinch ruins everyone’s lives. I swear, she likes seeing others suffer as long as she benefits from it.” Dark growled.

“Thank you, someone get’s it! That lady is basically why I’ve been seeing Dean Cadance since Freshman year started...not that that’s a bad thing, Dean Cadance is the only one I can tolerate at the school.” Sour with a small smile.

“Cady is one of the only people keeping this school from falling apart further.” Dark said, “She’s always there for those who need her, no matter what the reason.”

“I know what you mean, she’s easy to talk too and she doesn’t pressure others like a certain someone.” Sour said.

Before Dark spoke up, he quickly realized something. “Oh my Faust, he was right.” He said pinching the bridge of his nose.

Sour them looked at him with a confused look on her face. “What do you mean?” She asked.

“Haven’t you noticed that during this whole time we’ve actually had a civil conversation and haven’t threatened to kill each other.” Dark said.

Sour’s eyes widened a bit. “You’re right and not only that we found the one thing we can both agree on.” She said.

Dark and Sour both looked at each other. “Neither of us can stand Cinch.” They both said. After a second, they both laughed a bit.

“I guess Artemis was right, we just had to find some common ground.” Sour said.

“But who would have guessed that it would be our hatred for someone else.” Dark said.

“And people say hatred tears people apart.” Sour joked.

Dark and Sour chuckled a bit, realizing they both were actually enjoying the others company, they blushed slightly.

‘What is going on? Are we laughing together? Nevermind laughing period?’ Dark thought to himself seeing Sour laugh.

'Am I actually laughing….with him? What the hell is going on, the only time I actually felt like this was with...Sparkjump.' Sour thought looking down a bit.

Dark noticed her shift in mood. “Are you ok? Did I say something to offend you...again?”

Sour snapped out of her thought and shook her head. “No not this time, just thinking of someone. Believe it or not I’ve only had normal conversations like this with my old boyfriend.” She said in a sad tone.

“You mean Sparkjump?” Dark asked.

Sour looked up at Dark in shock, “H-How did you know?”

“Lone and Eclipse told me a while back. He went to New Mexico, right?” Dark asked.

“Yea, he wants to be a wrestler and he got accepted to a school that will allow him to do that.” Sour said.

“And he was the only one who could tolerate you, and vice versa.” Dark said.

“Yeah.” Sour said, “I miss him.”

“And I’m sure he misses you as well.” Dark said.

“Thanks, oh we’re almost at my house.” Sour said

Dark nodded and the two continued to walk on.

As they walked up to the house, Sour turned to Dark. “You can come in if you want.” She said.

Dark shrugged and followed her.

Sour opened the door and walked in, “Mom! I’m home!”

“Hi sweetie!” Sweet Tart called from a different room, “I wasn’t expecting you to be back for a lot longer.”

“I’m just dropping off my stuff and going to change. Then I’m heading back out.” Sour said putting her bow and quiver back in the closet.

Sweet Tart walked over and saw Dark standing in the doorway. “Sour, is he a friend of yours?” She asked.

“In a manner of speaking.” Sour said with a smirk.

“You’re hilarious, I’m Dark Steele. Nice to meet you.” Dark said trying to be as polite as he could be.

Sweet Tart’s eyes widened. “Wait, isn’t this the boy you said you couldn’t stand?” She asked her daughter.

“Uhh……” Sour replied, not knowing how to respond, ‘Crap. Should have had him stay outside.’

Dark just shook his head and looked to Sour. “Don’t feel too bad, My mom knows my problem with you too.” He said with a small smile.

“But now I’m wondering, if you couldn’t stand him, why is he here with you, at your house?” Sweet Tart asked smirking.

Dark and Sour both looked at each other before looking back at Sweet Tart. “Let’s just say, we had a slight wake up call.” Sour said shrugging her shoulders.

Sweet Tart looked at the two teens for a moment before a sinister smile appeared on her face. Sour saw the smile and she didn’t like it. “Mom don’t you dare start.” Sour said.

“I have no idea what you’re talking about, what you and your new man do is not my business.” She said snickering.

Both Sour and Dark’s faces light up like a christmas tree.

“Mom!” Sour shouted in embarrassment, “There is nothing going on between us!”

Sweet Tart smiled, “Not yet anyways.” She began walking towards Dark and leaned into his ear, “I know she can be a bit rough, but she's a teddy bear. Take care of her ok, sweetie.” She whispered.

Dark’s cheeks flared up, “Uh…”

Sweet Tart giggled and walked past the boy, “I have some errands to run, enjoy your date you two.”

“MOM!” Sour yelled.

Sweet Tart began laughing and the two teens were as red as tomatoes. They stood in silence for a few seconds, before Sour quietly spoke up. “Um….sorry about her….my mom loves messing with me.” She said still blushing.

“It’s fine, look you get changed and I’ll wait outside.” Dark said walking out the door.

“Ok.” She said walking upstairs to her room.

Dark sat on the front steps and shook his head. 'That….was something I was not expecting.' He thought. He then pulled out his phone and began listening to some music while waiting for Sour.

With Sour

Sour walked into her room and she quickly laid on her bed. “Well that was a disaster. Why must you embarrass me mom?” She said before getting up and walking to her closet. “I’m only going out to dinner, so I shouldn’t go all out.” Sour said opening the doors.

She looked around until she found a Seafoam green t-shirt with a pink skirt with blue trimming and matching seafoam green boots. “This should work.” She said as she walked into her bathroom with her clothes. “I wonder what he’ll think of it?” Her face lit up after realizing what she had just said, “Wait, what did I just say?!” She shook it off and got changed into her outfit.

When she came out of the bathroom, she was greeted to a bright flash from a camera, “Ah!”

“Aww, you look so cute.” Sweet Tart said looking at her daughter.

“Mom! Stop it and when did you get back?.” Sour asked as her face turned red.

“A few minutes ago and did you really think I wasn’t going to take a picture of you before you go on a date?” Sweet Tart said holding the photo up.

“It's not a date! They just invited me to dinner with them so Dark and I learn to tolerate each other better for the Friendship Games.” Sour said crossing her arms.

“Call it what you want.” Sweet Tart said. She looked at the outfit once more, “It's still missing something… Hmm… AHA!” Sweet Tart quickly ran out of the room.

“Mom? What are you doing?” Sour asked hearing her mom rummaging through several drawers.

Sweet Tart came back with something in her hands, “Completing your outfit.” She said as she put something around Sour’s neck.

Sour looked down and saw a silver locket shaped like a heart, a dark blue sapphire as the centerpiece, “What’s this?”

“This is the necklace I wore to my first date with your father.” Sweet Tart said, “I was hoping I could give it to you for yours.”

Sour looked at the necklace, “It’s beautiful… I TOLD YOU IT’S NOT A DATE!”

Sweet Tart laughed at her daughter’s fit, “Go on. Don’t keep him waiting.” She said pushing her daughter out of her room and out the door.

With Dark

Dark was still listening to music, but he still couldn’t get over what happened earlier. 'What the hell man, get over it! Her mom was just teasing….hopefully anyway.' Dark thought.

'Take care of her sweetie.' Sweet Tart’s words echoed in his head and it was making him both flustered and angry.

'Ugh this is ridiculous.' Dark thought holding his head. After a few seconds, Dark heard the door open behind him and he saw Sweet Tart pushing Sour out the door.

“Don’t keep him waiting.” Sweet Tart said shutting the door.

“Ah!” Sour yelled as she fell forward.

“Whoa whoa whoa!” Dark shouted as Sour fell down.

The two landed on the ground, Sour on top of Dark, both their faces red as tomatoes. The two stared at each other for a few seconds before coming to their senses.

“WHAT THE HELL!” They both said as they got up and looked away from one another.

“What did you do that for?!” Dark growled.

“Don’t blame me, my mom pushed me out of the house!” Sour said.

“For what reason?” Dark asked.

“So I would keep you waiting for our da-” Sour quickly covered her mouth.

Dark eyes widened and he looked back at Sour. “What were you about to say?” He asked calmly.

Sour’s face lit up again. “Nothing it’s not important.”

Dark shrugged it off, “We better get going if we’re going to meet the others in time.” He said getting up. He held a hand out to help Sour up.

She took his hand and he pulled her up. Dark then got a good look at what Sour and what she was wearing. 'Wow she looks….great.' He thought unconsciously.

Sour then noticed him staring at her. “What are you starting at?” She asked.

Dark’s face lit up again and he turned away. “ Um...nothing, let's just go.” Dark said

Sour nodded and the two began walking back to the city to meet up with the others.

Sweet Tart watched as the two teens walked off, “Stay with him sweetie, he’s got a good heart.”

Location: Hayburger

“Uhg, c’mon where are those two?” Lilac whined looking for her brother and Sour, “I’m getting hungrier by the second.”

“Relax, Lilac. I’m sure they’ll be here soon.” Artemis said to the hungry girl.

“You’d think they’d have been here before us. You know since they probably wouldn’t do anything together.” Lilac said.

“Now you can’t just assume that’s true, Lilac.” Aria said, “Clearly they went somewhere, because they weren’t where we left them.”

“They could have went home for all we know.” Lilac said.

“Or they could be walking here right now.” Aria said pointing at Sour and Dark. Everyone looked to see Sour and Dark walking up and looking away from each other.

“At least they’re still together.” Artemis said.

“I’m shocked they haven’t killed each other yet.” Lilac said crossing her arms. Sour and Dark both stopped in front of the group and Lilac noticed that something was off.

“Are you two ok?” She asked.

“Fine!” Dark and sour said simultaneously. Lilac Artemis and Aria raised an eyebrow at this.

“Are you sure about that?” Aria asked.

“We’re fine!” Dark growled.

“Yea, can we go eat now?” Sour asked wanting to end the conversation. Lilac knew something was going on and she was going to find out what.

The group walked in and grabbed a table in the back corner of the room.

The waitress walk up to the teens and pulled out a pen and pad, “Hello my name is Sugar Belle, and I will be helping you tonight. Can I get you something to drink?”

“I’d like a strawberry Milkshake please.” Aria said.

“Make that two.” Artemis said with a smile.

“Three!” Lilac said.

“Alright and for you two?” Sugar Belle asked Dark and Sour.

“Lemonade.” Dark and Sour said. The two looked at each other for a few seconds before looking away again.

“Alrighty then, I’ll be back with your drinks in a few.” Sugar Belle said walking away. Once she was gone, Aria, Artemis, and Lilac looked at Dark and Sour.

“Ok, what’s wrong with you two, you both are acting weird.” Lilac said.

“I told you, we’re fine.” Dark growled. Sour didn’t say anything. Aria and Lilac weren’t buying this.

“What happened in the last 3 hours?” Aria asked crossing her arms.

“NOTHING!” Dark and Sour yelled. This caused everyone in the restaurant to look over at the group.

“Cool down you two, no need to cause a scene.” Artemis said. Dark and Sour both growled and crossed their arms.

Sugar Belle came back with their drinks and pulled out her pad again, “Are we all set to order food? Or do we need a few minutes?”

“I’m all set and ready. How about you guys?” Lilac said.

“I’m ready.” Artemis said.

“Same.” Aria said.

“Yea.” Dark said

“I’m good.” Sour said.

“Ok what will you all have?” Sugar Belle asked.

“I’ll take a triple bacon Hayburger with large fries and a 10 piece nugget.” Lilac said.

“I’ll take the same, but add on i’ll have it times three.” Artemis said with a smile. Everyone even Lilac looked at Artemis as if he was crazy. “What?” Artemis asked.

“You know what? I want mine tripled as well.” Lilac said.

“Ohho, is this going to be a challenge, Miss Steele?” Artemis asked.

“I bet I can devour mine before you finish yours.” Lilac said smirking.

“It's so on.” Artemis said.

“You bottomless pits.” Aria said shaking her head. Artemis stuck his tongue out at his girlfriend and she just rolled her eyes. “I’ll have a chicken salad please.” Aria said.

“Alright and would you two like to like to order at the same time again?” Sugar Belle asked with a smile. Dark and Sour both growled.

“Just give me a Hayburger with mashed potatoes! Stop that! No you stop that!” Dark and Sour said in perfect sync.

The others just watched as the two shouted at each other in sync.

Sugar Belle wrote down everyone’s orders and left for the kitchen.

Dark and Sour both stopped and looked away, faces red.

The other three suddenly burst into fits of laughter.

“H-Hey, stop that. It's not funny.” Sour said.

“Not funny? Hahahaha I haven’t seen anything funnier in forever.” Lilac laughed.

“She’s right, That was better than Pinkie and Swift’s usual antics.” Aria said.

“I know right, did you two practice this before we got here?” Artemis asked.

“NO!” Dark and Sour yelled.

The three laughed even more.

“Sure seems like you did. HAHA!” Lilac laughed.

Both Dark and Sour growled and slammed their fists on the table, “Shut it!”

All three instantly stopped laughing. “Will you two chill, we’re just messing with you. No need to get bent out of shape.” Aria said crossing her arms.

“What did you expect? Laughing at us is only going to piss us off.” Dark growled.

“You said ‘us’.” Lilac pointed out, “You’re talking about you two together! Aww.”

“Lilac, shut your mouth before I shut it myself.” Dark said.

Lilac gave him the ‘Really’ look again. “Hey, that’s the look I give Artemis.” Aria said with a smirk.

“Oh be quiet you.” Artemis said with a pout.

“That look you give them when they say they’ll do something, but you know they could never.” Lilac snickered.

“Yes, but Artemis is a special case when I give him that look.” Aria said.

“Here we go.” Artemis said.

“Here you go, your dinner is served.” Sugar Belle said bring the group’s food out.

“Eatin’ time!” Artemis and Lilac cheered.

Upon their plates touching the table, Lilac and Artemis dived straight into their food.

Dark rolled his eyes and smiled at his sister, “Food frantic as always. Worried it's going to grow legs and run off your plate.”

“No, just really hungry.” Lilac said stuffing her face with burger.

“I’m with you sister.” Artemis said stuffing his face as well.

“I think the only ones who found common ground today is you and Lilac.” Aria said taking a bite out of her salad.

The teens laughed as they ate. Dark and Sour remained silent for most of the dinner, they glanced at each other a few times but they both quickly turned away and blushed. Lilac noticed this a few times and whispered to Aria.

“Hey have you noticed-” “That your brother and Sweet have had red faces most of the night, yea I’ve noticed.” Aria said.

“I’ve noticed it too, you don’t think-” “Yea right, I know I tease him to hell about this but my brother is the last person I’d expect to get a girlfriend.” Lilac said cutting Artemis off.

“Then how do you explain this?” Aria said motioning to Sour and Dark. Lilac couldn’t really think of a good explanation other than the two...crushing on each other.

“I...I...I don’t know.” Lilac said scratching her head.

“Should we ask?” Artemis asked. Lilac and Aria both gave him the ‘Really’ look. “Ok yea, bad idea.” He said.

“Obviously, I say we just leave this alone at least for now. Let them figure out their problems on their own and hopefully they won’t try to kill each other.” Aria said. Lilac and Artemis nodded and they all turned back Dark and Sour were glaring at them.

“Something you’d like to share with us?” Dark asked.

“Not really, just….girl talk.” Lilac said sweating a bit.

“That’s funny because as far as I know Artemis is a boy not a girl.” Sour said crossing her arms.

“Well he does has girl’s name.” Aria said.

“HEY!” Artemis yelled.

“While that may be true, that’s not the point. What were you all whispering about?” Dark asked crossing his arms.

“Not any of your concern.” Aria said.

“It is if it's about me or Sour.” Dark growled.

“Oh? You and Sour? Since when did you refer to you two together?” Lilac asked.

Dark’s face lit up and he growled, “Not the point!”

“Well actually it is.” Lilac said before covering her mouth.

Sour and Dark raised an eyebrow at this. “What do you mean by that?” Sour asked.

“Uh...uh…” Lilac was trying her best to think of something to say, but she just couldn’t.

“You might as well tell us, lying is only going to make it worse, sis.” Dark said.

Lilac looked to Artemis and Aria who looked just as clueless at she did. “Well...um...we’re all just...worried about you two is all.” Lilac said.

“Why?” Sour asked.

“Well, you two haven’t been yourselves since dinner started.” Aria stated.

“And not only that, you both aren’t even looking at each other.” Artemis further explained.

“He’s right and even when you do look at each other, you both quickly turn away and your faces get red.” Lilac said finishing their explanation.

Sour and Dark’s faces lit up again.

“So, mind sharing what happened within those three hours we were gone?” Lilac asked.

The two stayed quiet for awhile, then Sour spoke up, “We walked back to my house so I could drop off my stuff, and turns out, my mom was home.”

“And? Keep going.” Lilac said persisting.

“No no don’t keep- mphf!” Dark said as Lilac stuffed a handful of her fries in his mouth.

“Well, being my mother she um… Likes to embarrass me.” Sour said looking down.

“Isn’t that every mom?” Artemis asked.

“Yes, but still.” Sour said.

“Well don’t stop now, keep going.” Aria said.

“Well, she kept trying to get me and Dark into awkward situations, and succeeded most of the time.” Sour said, “At one point, she pushed me out the door and Dark was sitting on the bottom of the stairs.”

The three gasped, “Don’t tell me.”

“I may have fallen on top of Dark.” Sour said her face lighting up bright red.

“Did you two kiss?” Lilac asked. Artemis and Aria face palmed while Dark and Sour were fuming and blushing at the same time.

They wanted to yell, but surprisingly they both took a deep breath. “No we didn’t.” Dark said calmly.

“It was an accident and nothing more.” Sour said calmly as well. Lilac, Artemis and Aria were shocked that Dark and Sour didn’t rip into them.

“Oh well, I guess that’s understandable.” Artemis said.

“I guess so, now can we enjoy our meal?” Sour asked.

“I’m with Sour, I have a contest to win.” Lilac saia smirking at Artemis.

“Bring it.” Artemis said as he and Lilac dived back into their food.

Dark rolled his eyes as he watched the two devour their food, “Don’t choke on your food. Try to enjoy it at least.”

“I am enjoying my food.” Lilac said with her mouth full, “But I’m not losing a bet either.”

“We didn’t bet on anything.” Artemis said with his mouth full.

“No, but I’m not losing my title as fastest eater either.” Lilac said stuffing her mouth.

“Then get ready to lose.” Artemis said. Aria just shook her head.

“Great another one.” She said.

“I know right.” Dark said taking a bite out of his burger.

The teens stayed quiet for a few minutes, then Sour spoke, “So, how was laser tag?”

“It was actually pretty fun.” Aria said with a smile.

“Fun for you!” Artemis and Lilac said snarfing down the last of their food, “I WIN! No I did!”

“What do you mean?” Dark asked.

“She won every game.” Lilac said with a pout.

“It’s true.” Artemis said also pouting.

“Artemis and I even tried teaming up against her and lost.” Lilac said.

“Yea, good try you two.” Aria said with a chuckle.

“Sounds like you had fun.” Dark said.

“Yea, loss or not it was fun.” Lilac said with a smile.

“Agreed.” Artemis said.

“So what are we going to do after this?” Lilac asked, “Can’t have a date with just eating dinner.”

“This is not a date!” Dark and Sour both said at the same time, causing them to blush.

“Why did you have to say that?” Aria asked.

“I’m his sister remember.” Lilac said with a smirk.

“You sure like to annoy me like a little sister does.” Dark growled.

“Hmm… Why don’t we all go see a movie after this?” Aria suggested.

“Oh good idea, I wanna see Logan.” Artemis said. Lilac perked up and looked at Artemis.

“I’ve been wanting to see that movie ever since it came out. Dark Please!?” Lilac asked with her puppy dog look.

Dark gave her the ‘really’ face, “You know that face doesn’t work on me.”

Lilac put on an angry pout. “C’mon. Please. I’ve wanted to see this movie since I heard about it!”

“Ugh fine.” Dark said, “It’s not like we have anything else to do, other than go home.”

“YAY! Sour you wanna come?” Lilac asked.

“Uh, sure, I guess.” Sour said.

“Great, now finish up your food so we can move this date forward!” Lilac said with a wide smile.

“It’s not a date!” Dark and Sour yelled at the girl.

Lilac giggled at the two yelling at her.

Artemis and Aria just shook their heads. “This is going to be a long night.” Aria said.

“Oh yes.” Artemis said.

Timeskip, Location: Theater

“Finally, I’ve been waiting for this for a long time!” Lilac said in excitement.

“I know, it’s going to be awesome!” Artemis said with a smile on his face.

“Chill you two, it’s just another Wolverine movie.” Aria said crossing her arms.

They need to stop, their are more members of the X-Men than him.” Sour said in an irritated tone.

“At least someone said it.” Dark said. The group walked over to the ticket man.

“How can I help you all today?” He asked.

“Five tickets for Logan please.” Lilac said.

“Sorry kid, we’re all sold out.” The ticket man said.

“NOOOOOOOO!” Lilac and Artemis screamed. The two fell to the ground with tears in their eyes.

“Why does the world hate us!” They both said.

“Well now what are we going to do?” Aria asked.

“I don’t know. I personally think we should just head home. Its getting late anyways.” Dark said.

“But I’m not tired enough to go home!” Lilac whined, “And I wanted to see a movie!”

“It’s not all about you, ya know.” Sour said to the crying girl.

“She's right you know, think about the others.” Dark said.

“You’re one to talk. Pot, kettle, black.” Lilac said. Sour, Artemis and Aria snickered at Lilac comeback.

“Can you three!” Dark Growled.

“Chill, let’s just see another movie.” Aria suggested.

“But we wanted to see this movie!” Lilac and Artemis whined.

Dark, Sour and Aria rolled their eyes. “Too bad!” They all said. Artemis and Lilac both looked down and pouted.

“I swear sometimes I feel like I’m dating a kid.” Aria said shaking her head.

“Try having a sister who cries and hits you in the back of the head all the time.” Dark said.

“My mother gave me my name just so she could tease me.” Sour said. Dark heard this and smirked.

“Maybe because she knew you were a ‘Sour Sweet’ baby.” He said. Everyone looked at Dark for a second.

“Did he just-” “Yea he did.” Aria said cutting Lilac off. Sour’s look of shock was the replaced with a frown.

“I get that enough from my mom, I don’t need it from you two either.” Sour said crossing her arm.

Dark realized what he had said, “Oh woah woah, no no no. Don’t any of you go getting the wrong idea!”

“Too late for that!” Lilac giggled. Dark just rolled his eyes.

“So what movie are we going to see instead?” Artemis asked. Everyone looked at the listed movies and something caught Aria’s eyes.

“What about Yu-Gi-Oh: The Dark Side of Dimensions?” She asked. Dark and Sour’s Eyes lit up.

“YES!” The both yelled. Lilac, Aria and Artemis looked at the two in confusion. Dark and Sour soon realized what they did and quickly composed themselves.

“Um...sorry, I’ve been into Yu-Gi-Oh for a while now. It’s the only anime Lemon Zest has shown me that wasn’t stupid.” Sour said looking away.

“I used to like the show and the card game, I haven’t picked up my deck in years.” Dark said.

“More Common ground, you two are progressing more and more.” Artemis said with a smile. Dark and Sour just rolled their eyes.

“Can we just go and watch the movie now?” Sour asked. Everyone nodded and proceeded to buy their tickets.

TimeSkip

The five teens walked out of the theater.

“That movie was really good. Seeing Yami Yugi being a badass again, so awesome.” Sour said.

“I liked it, but I would have liked to see the duel with Kaiba and Yami Yugi at the end.” Dark said with a small smile.

“I know right.” Sour agreed.

The other three smirked at the two teens. They saw this and glared at them.

“What time is it?” Dark asked.

Aria opened her phone and saw it was 10:30, “It's half past ten.”

“Wow. Well we all ought to head home.” Dark said seeing his sister was starting to droop off into sleep.

“Yeah, my mom will eventually start worrying for me.” Sour said.

“Same here, come on sis.” Dark said.

“Ok let’s..gooo..” Just then Lilac collapsed in her brother arms. Dark just shook his head and put Lilac on his back.

“I knew she would pass out.” He said.

“Get her home pal, she’s had a long day.” Artemis said with a smile.

“Yea she did, see you guys.” Dark said as he walked away. Sour watched as Dark walked away.

'I guess he’s not that bad.' She thought. Sour then felt a tap on her shoulder.

“You ok?” Aria asked.

“Yea I’m fine, also can I ask you both to-” “Don’t worry we won’t say anything about you hanging with us today.” Artemis said cutting Sour off.

“Yea we know the CP students don’t like their own kind hanging out with the CHS students.” Aria said.

“Sorry.” Sour said looking down.

“Don’t worry about it, we understand. We’re still friends, school rivalry or not.” Artemis said.

“He’s right.” Aria said.

“Thanks it was nice meeting you guys, hope to see you both again.” Sour said before walking away.

“Nice girl.” Artemis said.

“Yea, come on let’s go.” Aria said as she began walking

“Yes dear.” Artemis said following her.

With Dark

Dark opened the door to his house and walked inside. “Do you have any idea what time it is you two? Midnight said walking up to her kids, “I was about ready to send a search party for you two.”

“Shhhh, she’s sleeping.” Dark said walking past his mother and up the stairs.

Dark brought Lilac into her room and carefully laid her on her bed, and covered her with her blankets.

He was about to leave, when he heard Lilac mumble something, “He’s smiling...again.”

Dark smiled at his sister and flicked the light off before shutting the door, “Goodnight Lilac. Love you little sis.”

He walked back downstairs, only to be greeted by an irritated mother, “Well? Are you going to explain why you two were out so late?”

Dark rolled his eyes, “We went to the archery range, went out for dinner, and saw a movie.”

“Just the two of you?” Midnight asked, “You two don’t usually hang out until 10:45 at night.”

“No, we were with three other teens we met at the range.” Dark said.

“Oh? And who might they be?” Midnight asked her son.

“A couple named Artemis Arrow and Aria Blaze. And then we also ran into Sour Sweet.” Dark said.

“Wait a minute, you had dinner and saw a movie… With Sour Sweet?” Midnight asked.

Dark knew what she was thinking, “Mom don’t even start.”

“Ahh! My son went on his first date!” Midnight squealed.

Dark growled irritated, “It wasn’t a date!”

“Oh why didn’t you tell me about it. I could have helped prepare you better for it.” Midnight said not even seeing Dark walk up the stairs to his room.

“UGH!” Dark didn’t even bother and he headed to his room.

“We’re not done, we’re talking about this tomorrow!” Midnight said. Dark ignored her and dropped onto his bed.

“It wasn’t a-” Dark then thought back to when Sour fell on him, but he quickly shook his head. “NO! Stop thinking about it!” Dark said putting his pillow over his head.

With Sour

Sour opened the door to her house and walked inside. “Wow coming home late on your first date with Dark, I didn’t think you both were that far along.” Sweet Tart teased.

Sour blushed and glared at her mother. “Not now mom, i’m tired.” She said.

“Oh my, my little ‘Sour Sweety’ is growing up too fast” Sweet Tart said.

Sour grumbled, “Stop making those lame jokes with my name.”

“Never.” Sweet Tart said with a smile. “Did you enjoy yourself?” She asked.

Sour hesitated but answered. “It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.” She said with a small smile.

“Aww, I can hear the wedding bells already.” Sweet Tart teased.

“UGH!” Sour said before running upstairs.

“Goodnight!” Sweet Tart said.

Sour didn’t answer back and laid down on her bed. 'Wedding bells...yeah right.' Sour thought. She then thought back to when she fell onto Dark, but she quickly shook her head. 'NO NO NO! It’s not happening, I refuse to let it happen!' Sour thought as she put her pillow over her head.