• Published 23rd Oct 2016
  • 3,316 Views, 250 Comments

Sour Sweet on the Inside - DarkMaster0224



Dark Steele is an everyday normal teenager, with a bad attitude. Expected to compete in the friendship games, students put up with Dark's attitude, except one. One student with similar problems, may just be the key to changing Dark's life.

  • ...
14
 250
 3,316

Rekindling

Location: Crystal Prep, Dean Cadance’s Office

“Cinch says you two are partners in the Games.” Cadance said nervously.

Dark only stared at Cadance.

“I swear Dark, I didn’t mean to say that to her. It was the first thing that popped into my head, and I regret it all the way.” Cadance said worried.

“How could you Cady!?” Dark yelled.

“I’m sorry, Dark.” Cadance said stepping back in shock.

“You could have thought of anything. Anything!” Dark yelled, “And the first thing you think is us working together in the Friendship Games!”

“Dark please just calm down.” Cadance said to the raging teenager.

“How can I? I’ve just been partnered with the worst person in the entire world, to compete in the Friendship Games.” Dark said, “I don’t do friends, and I so don’t do well with Sour Sweet.”

“Maybe you two will work it out together.” Cadance said.

“Yeah right. Like that girl’s ever doing to work with me.” Dark growled crossing his arms, “And just how do you expect to explain this to Sour?”

“I’m not entirely sure.” Cadance said, “But I’ll figure it out before things get crazy.”

“Things already are.” Dark growled.

Cadance just sighed, “Well that now means you two will have more classes together, some collaborative assignments, and Cinch expects you two to behave together during the year and Games.”

“Well that just great! Not only am I partnered with her for the Games, but I have to do classes with her!” Dark yelled. He turned and opened the door, storming out.

“Dark, wait!” Cadance called.

Dark slammed the door shut behind him, causing the room to shake a little. Cadance heard a small smash and turned around to see a photo had fallen off the wall.

She picked it up and sighed sadly. The picture was of her babysitting Lilac and Dark. A crack had split across the photo, separating Dark from the other two.

With Dark

Dark was on his way to Twilight’s house, still fuming with anger, “I can’t believe I have to be partners with the one student I hate the most!”

It wasn’t fair. He shouldn’t even have to compete in the games, nevermind work with Sour Bill.

“Hey, Dark!” A voice called.

Dark looked up and saw Twilight standing out her door, waving to him.

A small smile formed on his face, “Well, at least the whole day isn’t a total disaster.”

In Twilight’s House

Dark, Lilac, and Twilight were all sitting in the living room chatting amongst each other.

“So Twilight, how have you been lately?” Lilac asked.

“Eh, same as ever. Acing my classes above everyone else.” Twilight said.

“Still a shut in I’ve heard.” Dark said chuckling.

Twilight’s cheeks flared up a little, “Hey, I am not a shut in.”

“Yeah, that’s why you don’t study with anyone in the entire school.” Dark said, “And Spike doesn’t count.”

Twilight puffed up her cheeks, fuming.

“Dark, stop it. We don’t need two forever pissy people in this world.” Lilac said.

“Hey, I am not…” Dark began, but was cut off.

“So how was detention?” Lilac asked.

“Oh god it was horrible!” Dark groaned.

“Why? What did you two do?” Twilight asked.

“Nothing. We did nothing for the first half an hour. Literally nothing.” Dark explained.

“So I still don’t understand how that is horrible.” Lilac said.

“Well, Sour Bill had gotten so bored, that she decided she was going to play with her music.” Dark explained, “I told her that we shouldn’t be using electronics during detention. However, being the bitch she is.”

Lilac hit Dark’s head, “You need to knock it off.”

“Then you need to stop being a jerk to everyone.” Lilac said.

“Sigh, the two of you.” Twilight said to the siblings.

“As I was saying, she decided to ignore me. So I kept trying to get her to listen, but she wouldn’t have it. So I pulled her headphones out so she would listen.” Dark said, “And that’s when everything went south and back to normal.”

“So essentially what you’re telling us is, you were the one who started it.” Lilac said.

“What!? No! She wouldn’t listen to me! Its her fault.” Dark said.

“Actually, had you left her alone, none of it would have gone south.” Twilight said, “You struck first, pulling her earphones out, and she retaliated.”

Dark only looked at the two in disbelief, “Seriously! Why is everyone against me all the time!?”

“Well either way, what’s done is done.” Lilac said, “At least it didn’t get worse.”

“Actually it got by far worse.” Dark said.

“What? How?” Twilight asked.

“Well, it turns out Sour Bill and I are now partners in the Friendship Games, according to Cinch.” Dark said, “And guess who’s fault it is?”

Lilac and Twilight only shrugged.

“Cadance is the reason we are partners!” Dark yelled, “She was snooping on what was supposed to be me and Sour bonding and being friends, when Cinch sneaks up on her. Cinch asks why she bothered, and she freaks out and tells her because she wanted us to be partners in the Games!”

Lilac looks at her brother worried, “Please tell me you didn’t flip out on Cady.”

Dark paused, “Well… I may have flipped a little. Storming out of the room.”

“And did you accept her apology?” Twilight asked.

“Well… I wasn’t listening to her during the times I was yelling. I just stormed out of the room after.” Dark said, “And I think I knocked a picture off her wall, cause I heard a small smash.”

Lilac and Twilight only stared at the boy.

“You DUMBASS!” Lilac shouted smacking Dark across his head.

“Ow! What the f…” Dark shouted.

“No you deserved that!” Lilac shout pointing at his face, “You know that Cady has made plenty mistakes, and you forgave her for them. But this time, you flipped out on her because you have to work with someone you don’t like.”

“Yeah so what? She’s a grown adult, she can handle kids yelling at her.” Dark said.

“Yes, but don’t forget, she used to babysit you. She cares deeply for you, and you yelling at her like that probably scared her, and might have even hurt her.” Twilight explained.

Dark was about to say something, but then realized the girls had a point, “I’m an asshole.”

“That you are.” Lilac said crossing her arms.

“Next time you see her, you need to apologize. Before my brother finds out.” Twilight said, “Shining Armour doesn’t like seeing Cadance hurt or sad.”

A couple minutes of silence passed.

“I’ll talk to her tomorrow morning, but what do I do about this Sour Sweet thing?” Dark asked

“You just have to man up and deal with it, maybe this will help you both hate each other less.” Lilac said.

“Lilac’s right, maybe you both can find some common ground.” Twilight said. Dark just shrugged his shoulders.

“Ugh fine, but if she steps out of line-” “You’ll endure it and won’t say a word of response.” Lilac said cutting Dark.

“She’s right Dark, it won’t help either of you if you both just argue all the time.” Twilight said.

“Fine, I’ll be nice...or at least try.” Dark said crossing his arms.

“That’s all we ask.” Twilight said smiling.

“Alright, now that that’s out of the way, time for more important matters.” Lilac said in a serious tone.

“And what would that be?” Dark asked looking at his sister. Twilight also looked at Lilac with a worried look. Lilac then took out her phone and began dialing a number.

“Hello Dominos, I’d like to order 2 large half bacon half pepperoni pizzas, 3 orders of cheese fries and 3 bottles of sprite please.” Lilac said with a smile on her face. Dark and Twilight looked at her for a few seconds before facepalming, “What? I’m hungry.”

“You’re always hungry!” Twilight and Dark said simultaneously

Location: ???

A boy with dark blue skin, silver hair and blue eyes was happily eating his dinner with his sister and mother, but soon stopped and began staring into space.

“Arrow, you ok?” His sister asked.

“I’m not sure, I feel like someone just stole my ‘I’m Hungry’ line and was told the ‘You’re always hungry!’ line by their friends.” The boy known as Arrow said.

“I don’t think you should worry about it too much sweetie. Besides who can best you appetite besides Pinkie. ” The mother said.

“Yea I guess you’re right.” Arrow said going back to his food.

Location: Twilight’s house

“Putting Lilac’s stomach aside, you think you can try and get Sour Sweet to be nice too?”

“No promises.but I’ll try.” Dark said.

“Good.” Twilight said smiling.

“30 minutes right, thank you.” Lilac hung up her phone. “Food’s on the way.” Lilac said smiling

“Good for you.” Dark said rolling his eyes.

“Killjoy.” Lilac said sticking her tongue out at her brother.

“That’s me.” Dark said with a smirk. Twilight giggled at the two.

“It’s good to have to two back.” She said smiling.

“Good to be back.” Lilac said. Twilight then looked to Dark who gave her a small smile.

“Yea, I guess it is.” He said.

“So how was Saddle Arabia?” Twilight asked the two siblings.

“It was rather fun and ok.” Lilac said, “Well… Most of it. Minus when someone would get in trouble.” She said looking at her brother.

“Hey! If the students there left me alone, all would be fine.” Dark said.

“More than half those people were just trying to make friends with you.” Lilac said.

“And I don’t need friends.” Dark said.

Twilight gasped slightly, “So you don’t need me?” She put on a fake pout.

“Yeah I don’t need you, Twilight.” Dark said crossing his arms and frowning.

Twilight and Lilac both gasped.

The frown quickly turned into a smirk, “Just kidding.”

Twilight turned around and crossed her arms.

“Oh stop it, Sparky.” Dark said.

Twilight didn’t answer.

Dark sighed and got up behind her, “Well you leave me no choice.”

Lilac backed up slightly and smirked, “Dark, you wouldn’t.”

Dark’s hands quickly dashed around Twilight’s waist and instantly began tickling her, “AHH! HAHAHAHA! Dark stop it!” She squealed while squirming in the boy’s arms.

“Ticklish as ever, Sparky.” Dark said as he went for her pits.

“No sto-AHAHAHAHA! I’m beg-HAHAHAHAA-ing you!” Twilight laughed.

Lilac smiled at the two as they flailed around. “Ah just like old times.” she said.

“Lilac help-AHAHAHAHAHAHAH, please!” Twilight said struggling to talk.

“Um let me think about his for a minute.” Lilac said with a smirk.

“AHAHAHAHA, Lilac please!” Twilight begged.

“Eh sure, you’re not the only ticklish one here Sparky.” Lilac said heading over to Dark.

“Lili don’t you da- AHAHAHAHAH!” Dark said before being attacked by his sister.

“Oh man thanks Lilac I- AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!” Twilight said before getting attacked by Lilac as well.

“You both are so easy.” Lilac said with a smirk. Dark and Twilight were both at Lilac’s mercy and she’s had no intention of stopping.

“HAHAHAH, you’re so gonn-HAHAHAHAH, get it!” Dark said through his laughs

“Oh Faust-HAHAHAHAH, make it stop!” Twilight said.

“Not gonna- AHAHAHAHAHA!” Lilac said before getting attacked by an unknown challenger.

“Aw, you three haven’t changed one bit ?” Twilight and Dark were able to catch their breath and saw who their savior was.

“Mom!?” Twilight said in shock.

“Just in time Aunt Velvet.” Dark said in relief.

“Yea well I didn’t expect you and Twilight to be at the mercy of your sister, Dark.” Velvet said still tickling Lilac.

“Stop it! HAHAHAHAHAHA!” Lilac said trying to get out of Velvet’s grip.

“Oh no sweetie, I think it’s payback time. Dark, Twily you both want a crack at her?” Velvet asked with a smirk.

“Yes please.” Dark and Twilight said with devious smiles on their faces.

“Oh come on, HAHAHAHA, you guy-HAHAHAHA, can’t be serious.” Lilac said.

“I’ve got her waist!” Twilight said.

“I’ve got the feet!” Dark said.

“I’ll just hold her down.” Velvet said still smirking.

“You people are evil!” Lilac said.

Timeskip

“I….hate….you….all.” Lilac said as she was on the floor catching her breath.

“No you don’t.” Twilight said with a smirk.

“I don’t know Sparky she seems pretty serious to me.” Dark said also smirking.

“Oh stop it you two, can’t you see the poor girl’s tuckered out? Give her a break.” Velvet said.

“Oh...now you...want to...defend...me?” Lilac said. Twilight and Dark both snickered.

“I’m sorry Lili. I just haven’t seen you and Dark for so long.” Velvet said, “And seeing my daughter having fun is also something I haven’t seen in awhile.”

“Mom!” Twilight said.

“What? It’s true. For the past couple years you kept doing the same thing. Go to school, come home, go to your room to study, eat every now and then, rinse and repeat.” Velvet said.

“MOM!” Twilight said blushing bright red.

“HA! Told you, you’re still a shut in !” Dark said pointing at Twilight.

“SHUT UP!” Twilight said still blushing.

“Dark that was mean.” Lilac said kicking her brother.

“What she just practically admit-OW!” Dark was suddenly hit from behind the head. He turned to see Twilight glaring at him.

“What the hell Twilight!? It just was a joke!” Dark yelled.

“And that wasn’t a funny joke.” Twilight said.

Dark then saw small tears in Twilight’s eyes. “Twi?” He asked reaching out to her only to have her slap his hand away and run up to her room.

“Way to go. Not only did you yell at Cady, but you made Twilight cry. Anything else you’d like to check off your list today?” Lilac asked glaring at her brother. Dark didn’t respond and buried his face in his hands.

“Why?” Dark asked himself before feeling a hand on his shoulder.

“I think you should go talk to her.” Velvet said. Dark didn’t even hesitate and began walking to Twilight’s room.

Dark could hear soft sniffles and crying from the other side of the door, ‘Great. I’m a true asshole now.’ He stepped up to the door and took a deep breath, “Twilight?” He opened the door and saw Twilight sitting on her bed, tears still rolling down her cheeks.

“Leave me alone!” Twilight shouted. Dark felt a small pang of guilt.

“Twilight please, can we talk?” Dark asked.

“Why do you want to talk to a shut in?” Twilight asked him harshly. Dark felt another pang of guilt.

“I’m sorry, I was just kidding.” Dark said looking down.

“Well it wasn’t funny, I don’t hide myself away on accident!” Twilight said before covering her mouth. Dark’s eyes widened.

“What do you meant by that?” He asked.

“Nothing.” Twilight said. Dark then went over to her bed and sat down.

“Twilight I know when you’re hiding something, what is it?” Dark said putting a hand on Twilight’s shoulder. Twilight was silent for a few seconds before speaking up.

“Some of the Shadow Bolts at the school have been torturing me these past 2 years.” Twilight said in a sad tone. Dark’s normal angry face returned.

“Who are they and when do I kill them?” Dark asked in a...Dark tone. Twilight quickly turned to Dark.

“No don’t, I don’t want you to-” “Sparky you’re like family, I’m not letting anyone hurt you.” Dark said.

“You hurt me a few minutes ago.” Twilight said looking down.

“I know and I’m sorry. You know how I can be when I’m not thinking straight.” Dark said. Twilight then chuckles a bit.

“Yea I do and it’s ok. But it when you are like this, this is why you always get in trouble.” Twilight said sniffling, wiping away her tears.

“I know I know, but people irritate me so easily.” Dark said, “And it’s hard to trust anyone now.”

“I know you have a hard time trusting anyone, but you trust Lilac, Cady, and me, right?” Twilight asked.

“Yeah. But that’s because I’ve known you for almost my entire life.” Dark said.

“Then trust me when I say this, not everyone is evil.” Twilight said putting her hand on Dark’s shoulder.

“I believe you, Twi.” Dark said closing his eyes and looking down.

Twilight’s hopes went up.

“But other people are making it harder and harder to believe.” Dark sighed.

And the hopes shattered as quickly as they formed.

The two just sat there for a few minutes, when a knock on the door broke the silence, “Hey, are you two done you’re heart to heart chit chat yet?” Lilac called from the other side.

“Lilac, knock it off. You know nothing is happening.” Dark growled.

“Yeah whatever. Pizza’s here.” Lilac said, “Hurry up before I eat it all.”

Twilight rolled her eyes, “Sigh, typical Lili.” She got up and walked towards the door, “You coming, Dark?”

“Yeah, I’ll be down in a min.” Dark said waving Twilight off.

Twilight was about to question but decided to brush it off, and went down stairs.

Dark was looking at the pictures on Twilight’s wall. Several of them were of her and her family. A couple of them were of her with Cadance. He could even see a young Eclipse in the background playing with a 3DS.

Then he found a picture on her bedside table. It was of young Twilight, Lilac, and Dark when they were still being babysat by Cadance.

Dark picked up the picture. This was one of the few pictures he was in where he actually smiled happily, “What happened to this me?” He placed the picture back on the table and walked out of the room.